Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:46:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NLG] The great Gulden thread  (Read 14132 times)
GuldenUpdater

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:59:06 AM

hope people choose wisely, which is whatever takes shortest to update. Another 1.5 years for next update would not do much good

Why is Rijk making the devs type with their tongues?

From Rijk on slack.

Rijk [9:08 PM]
By the way, none of the projects are of the same magnitude as PoW2. PoW2 combined with Segsig is massive.
Marstrand

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:42:57 AM

hope people choose wisely, which is whatever takes shortest to update. Another 1.5 years for next update would not do much good

Why is Rijk making the devs type with their tongues?

From Rijk on slack.

Rijk [9:08 PM]
By the way, none of the projects are of the same magnitude as PoW2. PoW2 combined with Segsig is massive.

Still, even after pow2, they will be busy tweaking it cause it hits the masses, so the smaller next project the better

FUD squad
Bokito1987

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:16:29 AM

Just wondering as it also has a great impact on Gulden,

is there an update with regards to Nocks and/or Guldentrader adding additional Fiats (GBP and USD) to their tools? I understoods that this was due to come out in the last week of March, is this still the case?
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:22:15 AM

Just wondering as it also has a great impact on Gulden,

is there an update with regards to Nocks and/or Guldentrader adding additional Fiats (GBP and USD) to their tools? I understoods that this was due to come out in the last week of March, is this still the case?

Guldentrader using the PoW2 developers?
Marstrand

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:13:58 PM

correct me if i'm wrong but both nocks and guldentrader didn't communicate officialy about any update regarding their exchange since the beginning of this year...

FUD squad
albandi

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:02:34 PM

All this bs talk and still no update or release date. Yeah let's talk about what is next...morons, you never taught to finish a milestone before even mentioning the next one? What is the release date?
Bokito1987

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:17:11 PM

All this bs talk and still no update or release date. Yeah let's talk about what is next...morons, you never taught to finish a milestone before even mentioning the next one? What is the release date?

I'm interpreting the message of what the users want next as follows,

POW2 is concluding, Developers want to know what project they are going to work on next. Release date will not be shared and I don't anticipate them to share another sneak peak of the project unless more delays will pop up.

Moreover, the main plus point of asking the community imo is that the community finally gets a say in what the devs do.

albandi

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:47:57 PM

POW2 is concluding, Developers want to know what project they are going to work on next. Release date will not be shared and I don't anticipate them to share another sneak peak of the project unless more delays will pop up.

Moreover, the main plus point of asking the community imo is that the community finally gets a say in what the devs do.

The community never had any say on what the devs do/did and that will not change. This so called voting is nothing but a farce. Promis a lot and give nothing. That is my guess because they have been playing around with the community for years. Why only the members on slack get to vote? How about those banned from slack without doing anything wrong...
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:06:44 PM

The community never had any say on what the devs do/did and that will not change. This so called voting is nothing but a farce. Promis a lot and give nothing. That is my guess because they have been playing around with the community for years. Why only the members on slack get to vote? How about those banned from slack without doing anything wrong...

Why only the one on slack can vote? Simply because you want to limit the possibility of spam attacks.
A more elaborate way to hold the vote would be, that you would have to sign it with your Gulden account weight. This would be like a shareholder decision but would first have to be implemented.
Also on slack someone mentioned that you could make a vote barrier for stackholders of 200k+ to be able to vote, which Rijk didn't agree with.
I heard about unfair bans quite a lot and this is an issue, maybe this really could be a project of itself to put into the Gulden protocol so that stackholders can vote with their weight for future development without need of 3rd party services.
KrustyTheClown

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:19:23 PM

Kids these days...
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:57:58 AM

I see a lot of hate towards the traders not valuing Gulden correctly. Let's talk again when PoW2 and whatever other millions of features they added to it eventually releases.

The problem isn't the traders , the problem is the PoW2 release keeps escaping us.

Hate on traders if things look the same after the release, until then shut your fucking mouths you whiney bitches.

I do agree with this , excluding the profanity. While it's good a Sneak Peak of PoW2 has been revealed and the devs are planning ahead this can't replace the actual development completing.
I do appreciate the extra communication from the developers lately and I am personally willing to wait few months without worrying , at the same time don't expect traders to have the same confidence as me.

Thanks for the PM about DASH, their evolution project which they say will be out in July looks similar to the Alias project the gulden devs could be doing next. Dash is the only real contender in terms of innovative development that I have seen so I can see why you have invested in Dash, good choice.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:59:47 AM

I see a lot of hate towards the traders not valuing Gulden correctly. Let's talk again when PoW2 and whatever other millions of features they added to it eventually releases.

The problem isn't the traders , the problem is the PoW2 release keeps escaping us.

Hate on traders if things look the same after the release, until then shut your fucking mouths you whiney bitches.

I do agree with this , excluding the profanity. While it's good a Sneak Peak of PoW2 has been revealed and the devs are planning ahead this can't replace the actual development completing.
I do appreciate the extra communication from the developers lately and I am personally willing to wait few months without worrying , at the same time don't expect traders to have the same confidence as me.

Thanks for the PM about DASH, their evolution project which they say will be out in July looks similar to the Alias project the gulden devs could be doing next. Dash is the only real contender in terms of innovative development that I have seen so I can see why you have invested in Dash, good choice.

Dash is a good coin but I prefer XMR because it's true anon. Gulden will be up there with Dash when they finally release 2.0 , SegSig will make Gulden better then Dash and other coins for tps reasons but Dash already has instant payments which is only coming with the last part of PoW2 and this project looks to be shelved for the other 4 projects they have announced.

What makes gulden a better investment prospect is the small marketcap of $40 million and rank 189. While Dash is over $3.2 billion and rank 12
Reallist

Activity: 86

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:09:04 AM

<sarcasm>Wow, jees... at this speed we have 15 new features promised for Gulden 2.0 in 2023.</sarcasm>

Seriously, any date mentioned when we can expect this all?

Malcolm: "Sonic" - changes parts of the program (network code) that have almost no relation to the parts PoW2 touches so has been worked on by a separate developer in parallel.

You’re welcome, Luuk. 👊

Who is the new developer? He only joined in Feb and completed Sonic in 1 month? Is he someone well known in the industry?!
https://dev.gulden.com/february-development-update/
RiseandFall

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:16:19 AM

Rank 206  Huh

The market does not trust the development team even with the sneak peak. Quite a big disconnect in price vs offerings with Gulden.

It's a real shame all coins can't be judged fairly on merit.

Let's see if things change after the 2.0 update.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:03:09 PM

To bad they do not give a guarantee 😜🚀

http://www.coinliker.com/forecast/gulden-Rmfh-prediction
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:59:11 PM

I like .......  Moon  .......  HODL and buy even more  Grin
metare

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:30:24 AM

It's nice to dream, however I took a look at a few other coins on the site and I failed to find the one which crashes in the coming year.
BioMike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:20:55 AM

It's nice to dream, however I took a look at a few other coins on the site and I failed to find the one which crashes in the coming year.

1) Take price of a year ago.
2) Extrapolate.
3) Profit!

Every coin has gone up in price in 1) due to BTC was rising compared a year ago and they base their price in USD, that's the reason you won't find any coin crashing.
metare

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

1) Take price of a year ago.
2) Extrapolate.
3) Profit!

Every coin has gone up in price in 1) due to BTC was rising compared a year ago and they base their price in USD, that's the reason you won't find any coin crashing.

I understand what they did but this is such a bad approach if you expect that we deal with an unsaturated market yet. Most likely we would have to divide this into multiple markets like money-like coins, chain-fuel, gold-like coins and so on.
Then how saturated is the market already? What is the correct way to measure it?
It's easy to write a script to extrapolate a bunch of data but so much more complicated to not completely fuck up those predictions.

At 400 A.D. I could extrapolate the growth of the roman empire based on the previous growth. I might feel comfortable to look into another 500 years of prosperity maybe also expansion beyond Europe, since the empire was around for already about 1'000 years. A short glimps in a history book shows how terrible I would fuck up in this case.
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:27:14 PM

Nocks dev team has a new member. They are expanding the work force! 🚀🚀🎉

https://twitter.com/nocksapp/status/978242714226561024?s=21
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: