Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:19:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529022 times)
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:13:19 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2014, 05:27:18 PM by retro72

Ah, I'd heard if the Titans were late they'd make the same deal with them. If that's not the case, then I stand adjusted. I don't foresee them being late because KNC needs the Batch 1 people to be happy, so they can crowdsource more funds for themselves. I agree, things have gotten mangled over there, but they're still the best bet for heavy-hitting gear.
The KNC batch 2 announcement has really done it for me. One 3rd less price ($6995 & $3795), one 3rd more power(200mh/s & 400mh/s) and delivery one month after batch one. Thanks KNC, for taking a big steaming dump on your batch one investors.

It seems to me KNC are the least ugly girl in a room full of three bag mingers. I may take one home at the end of the night, but I'll probably regret it in the morning.

But if KNC is the least ugly girl, Alpha is the dribbling snot nosed one in the corner. She could turn out to be the ride of your life but I'm not going to be the one to find out.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:59:34 AM

Ah, I'd heard if the Titans were late they'd make the same deal with them. If that's not the case, then I stand adjusted. I don't foresee them being late because KNC needs the Batch 1 people to be happy, so they can crowdsource more funds for themselves. I agree, things have gotten mangled over there, but they're still the best bet for heavy-hitting gear.
The KNC batch 2 announcement has really done it for me. One 3rd less price ($6995 & $3795), one 3rd more power(200mh/s & 400mh/s) and delivery one month after batch one. Thanks KNC, for taking a big steaming dump on your batch one investors.

It seems to me KNC are the least ugly girl in a room full of three bag mingers. I may take one home at the end of the night, but I'll probably regret it in the morning.

But if KNC is the least ugly girl, Alpha is the dribbling snot nosed one in the corner. She could turn out to be the ride of your life but I'm not going to be the one to find out.

long post skip if you don't like long posts...hey fair warning...(put me on /ignore I don't know you I don't mind)

my issue is I'm stuck with the Titan (now that KNC seems to be more interested in their giant GH Farm the 'puny' customers of consumer products)....and again due to circumstances explained in other parts of the thread and wire xfer snafu with bank ...i am ONLY legal IRS verified a OK miner in USA imho (run guys I'm caught ..you may make it) anyway long story..on the plus side I can depreciate equip and home biz expenses now...so with some equip purchases and shuffling will likely more or less be in the same boat as if i just bought coin rather then some miners (now or in the future) ...so as an example my alpha in "real $$$ saved vs IRS Taxes..." the Vyper 50mh I have on order w/shipping for around $2300 usd...will really cost me more or less under 1500 bucks...so still kinda sorta fence sitting..if I'm allowed to depreciate it etc under this years 50% off equip and 20% till recoup'd in full...more or less

but with KNC announcing 'tape out' is DONE and no real announcement of such by alpha anyway I can't find such....(see their forums a whole thread asking this question with no answer) ..and NOW KNC 'hinting' that the 300mh first batch order will arrive july/august and that likely will have yet another 50mh tweak to 350mh for first batch Titans..

hell I'm like what is the point of tossing the last $1600 usd for admittedly a cute little vyper 50mh 1 month before my Titan at probably around 350mh pops thru the door...seems like
a bit of unnecessary over kill on my part..although may be ok for someone w/o a Titan no refund possible hanging over their head (knc was such a good company till I ordered the Titan then blamo...went all BFL ..then 2 weeks after IRS changes rules and nabs me...I admit it ..I musta 'jinxed' the works it is all my fault.....frigging timing (bad) was epic imho!)

the key word here is IF ALPHA hits its target of middle of July (by the time I get my miner in hand)....and no one has done that...even KNC was 1 month off from original announcement (aug) of the 550gh Jupiter I got Oct 18th 2013...and then 2 weeks late to get the miners in hand..from what I was told when they did not allow refunds due to shipping...

so yeah ....it is a gamble that the 50mh could hash for 1 month or more before the big boys dump on networks...but then again ..perhaps I'm OVER EXTENDED enough again this is
my view on my situation..I like alpha ..they are legitimately trying imho...but wow..when elephants start to 'square dance' maybe it is time to get out of the 'barn!"

and probably should just punt the alpha vyper 50mh back and eat the 400 buck as a penalty by alpha for refunding and move on

but would like a very very clear answer of "yes alpha has taped out at such in such a date' not the vague " we have initiated tapeout" or whatever it was I read would be a nice
touch imho

for a company gonna dump a product in the middle of July they are awful quiet on here imho...maybe they are gonna offer more hash or cloud mining I just hope it is some kinda
good news (please delivery end of june heh)

whatever I'll do fine in all this...but good intentions and such or not ...even though I like alpha..it is getting 'kinda' squeaky here and about imho...got that itchy feeling between
the shoulder blades..don't ya know  (and crap in my scrypt mining world..the vyper is a side note....people who really need/want the product must be freaking the way I'm freaking
on the Titan) anyway it is all relative to where you are at in all this mining/btc/ltc or whatever stuff we are all into!

so it goes

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
wilson1973

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 06:55:45 PM

So I registered again this morning on the alpha forum and posted the same question as I did late last week, to ask whether tapeout had been completed. I mentioned this late last week on this forum too.

On both occasions now and without reason or reply my accounts have been removed by Alpha.

So what have Alpha got to hide? It's a genuine question from a potential customer, I can only conclude you are nowhere near manufacture and highly unlikely to meet your claims of July delivery.

Childlike behaviour from a company that has yet to prove itself.  I'm furious that they cannot be bothered to address me on their own forum, yet have to look foolish here on a more public forum where they have no control over me or my question.

I see Fiaz or the team are keeping low......

Pathetic behaviour Alpha.

Good luck to any one that's left with this outfit.....
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:17:23 PM

So I registered again this morning on the alpha forum and posted the same question as I did late last week, to ask whether tapeout had been completed. I mentioned this late last week on this forum too.

On both occasions now and without reason or reply my accounts have been removed by Alpha.

So what have Alpha got to hide? It's a genuine question from a potential customer, I can only conclude you are nowhere near manufacture and highly unlikely to meet your claims of July delivery.

Childlike behaviour from a company that has yet to prove itself.  I'm furious that they cannot be bothered to address me on their own forum, yet have to look foolish here on a more public forum where they have no control over me or my question.

I see Fiaz or the team are keeping low......

Pathetic behaviour Alpha.

Good luck to any one that's left with this outfit.....

This is not very reassuring.  I for one will not be paying a penny more until I see SOMETHING and I suggest that the rest of you take this stance as well.  Just too many unknowns at this point...

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:18:33 PM

The silence is deafening........

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:29:58 PM

Just got word that KNC Titan chip has finalized tape-out and is in the final process of being made and bumped into chips. This means KNC should meet its August deadline. I don't believe they'll make it in July, and there's no reason to believe they'll be 1 month late as they're simply re-using an existing hardware platform and casing, and merely need to drop chips in and test equipment prior to shipping.

I also stand corrected in thinking the Titan chips may have been nearing completion this month, instead that is likely July. The Neptune chips however are in hand and being worked with as we speak.

KNC Scrypt machine, 400MH "stock". And they'll be able to be tuned for more. Can you imagine the next generation of machines? I know KNC is going for the GH stuff. This is why I believe LTC hashrate is going to skyrocket before the end of the year, and it's going to have more exponential leaps beyond 2014. The first major Scrypt coin to have that much network security is going to take off, simply because it won't suffer from the flux many others do, more people will have faith in it.

Alpha Tec seems to be out of contact with its customers in this forum, oddly enough, especially since we're past the due date. A quick glance at their own forum shows the same. I suppose it's possible they can still get their gear out the door by their deadline, and if they do that's great, but odds are they won't, and if they do they won't have enough spare parts to provide service.

It's likely the business could go under.

wilson1973

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:41:31 PM

It's likely the business could go under.

If they are reliant on the balance paid by their customers to move forward with manufacturing and their customers aren't willing to pay their balance until they see some hard evidence of kit, then yes I'd likely agree with the rush for refunds which you read about on here it is likely they will be unable to complete the process and could go under.

That is of course worst case scenario....  Of course I hope everyone gets a machine, and sometime soon !

As Cablez says... the silence is deafening!
king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:59:47 PM

I think it is time to call Alpha-T a SCAM,... or just the new BFL Smiley

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
ayayay

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:43:29 PM

I asked for a refund last friday--- still no reply

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain-based credit card payments for legal marijuana. ▬▬
...GREENMED.IO... ❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  slack  ❱❱❱ ......PRE-ICO | September4th, 2017
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Meanotor

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:58:27 PM

Scam, count me in for a class action.
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 02:17:53 AM

Wait... are you telling me that the most obvious scrypt asic preorder scam is actually... a SCAM ?

NOW WAY !
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:51:10 AM

Wait... are you telling me that the most obvious scrypt asic preorder scam is actually... a SCAM ?

NOW WAY !

well i give alpha this much...likely not a scam....they gave it a shot....(1/3 down offer  was legit imho) but essentially it is looking like they got trampled
by the other asic mnfg's coming out of the blue

so yeah kudos for giving it a 'shot' and only asking 1/3 down..but man they could be in a world of hurt right now

better 800 bucks on my pre-order gamble then 2300 bucks ....(maybe i'll see 400 back on the refund..still hanging in there in that cc option is not up yet..er if ever)

whatever...just goes to show again imho i think that alpha is legit..but goes to show how fast you can be road kill in this industry

hopefully they have a process if this is not working to wind down and get our refunds back in some manner...

but that is why you incorporate to protect your self it the 'biz' goes poof..so my 1/3 down gamble ..due less to scam and more to circumstances could be 'gone'

likely if that is so the folks in alpha-t.net got burnt even worse then us in this endeavor....

but yeah it is quiet ....way too quiet....

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Meanotor

Activity: 64

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:26:58 AM

hey Searing it's scam when someone fails and then asks for the remaining 70%!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:48:47 AM

hey Searing it's scam when someone fails and then asks for the remaining 70%!

that would be true.clarify please....if they fail and i lose 30% on their failure..oops both of us lose..if..they fail and ask for 70% then that is another story
unlikely they could get the other 70% in that I did not commit to such

also if they said we could get some of the 30% back on their terms page and then we lose it all (unless they go bankrupt yeah then maybe) yeah
that would be a scam on the 30% backing off their own terms

perhaps i missed a memo? again clarify in case I missed some annoucement  that they turned into BFL! (shudder)

Searing

retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:27:13 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 04:49:01 PM by retro72

I probably wouldn't call Alpha a scam but its getting close to calling it a failure. If it fails will anyone get their money back? I doubt it.

We're at that rock and a hard place situation. Do you ask for a refund? In which case, if enough people do they will fail but you might get some of your money back. Or do you pay up and hope they don't fail? In which case you might lose it all.

Judging from the growing number of people asking for refunds it seems Alpha is reaching the tipping point. They obviously do not have enough money to complete the production of the chips, but just how deep does the rabbit hole go?  Without HONEST comments from Alpha we don't know if they will be bankrupt next week or still around next year.

I think is safe to say the July 15  "project finish" date in their timeline/roadmap is optimistic to the point of derision (https://alpha-t.net/news/timeline/)

Personally, I wouldn't expect to see a miner from them any time in July if at all and if they do get one out, I can't see it being before KNC in which case they'll have negated any advantage they had and you'll be left with a power hungry unit (2000 watts vs 800 for the large asics) less hash rate (50/250mh/s vs 200/400mh/s) and it will probably be the size of a fridge with the decibel range of a jet fighter.

I would guess a lot of people are switching to other competitors or will be soon unless Alpha  pull a rabbit out of the hat.
The much lauded 30% strategy has been a complete disaster. It has left them needing to come cap in hand for final payment without a prototype or any other evidence that this project will succeed on time and to spec. It leaves the margins so tight that far less refunds and non payments can derail the project. Ultimately it has been a gamble that will unlikely be repeated again, though I doubt this is the death of pre-orders.

I would be interested in Alpha's response as they have been absent for over a week now.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:31:54 PM

Their newsletter responses average just near 2 a month, with their responses in here being a bit more but not awesome. It's unfortunate to see how they're treating paying customers on here and on the forums.

Their biggest 3rd "red flag" IMO is when they switched their stance to "we only sell commercially" which is absolutely bogus, if not outright fraudulent as has been pointed out by several folks from the beginning.

Anyone in the UK who is serious about their money, should be seeking legal advice at this point, because of this single point.

wilson1973

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:38:16 PM

Be interested to see if anyone else gets banned from their forum for asking these type of probing questions? They can't hide forever !!!
Souleye

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:59:36 PM

After several emails about it to them about my ban, some of which HAVE been responded to, none of them have addressed why, and no, I haven't been unbanned. I am both IP banned and Account banned. Permanently.
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:02:14 PM

It troubles me that they're not diligent about responding to support emails. Payza not available where I'm at and they won't respond to support emails. For this reason I may just let the second payment lapse, I might just rather hold onto that 2.5 BTC and see what happens.
wilson1973

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:05:25 PM

Oh dear that doesn't bode well.

Essentially Alpha don't like any probing questions here or on there own forum. Fortunately for us they can't ban us here.

I'd run a mile from these guys now. I fear anyone wanting a refund will have more chance finding rocking horse shite !!

Are knc now in a one horse race ?
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: