Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:17:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
lucaing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

@lucaing. Yes you are right.

What brian_23452 said is pretty much spot on. They are dishonestly claiming the products are only for business use, even though they are selling to consumers. Furthermore this position has evolved, as when initially asked why full refunds weren't given, they said on Jan 10: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2859.msg94545#msg94545

"In regards to DSR. 7 days after you RECEIVE your product you are entitled to a FULL refund including deposit. This is once final payment is made.

That has no relevance with deposits pre final payment and pre shipping. If a customer decides after agreeing to our set agreements to pay the deposit. And then decides they do not want the product or want to pay final payment. They forfeit the deposit and by law we are allowed to take full deposit. But once again as a courtesy we are giving back deposits as well.

Please do your due diligence and full research. We have checked and confirmed all our rules via the international regulations.

You should contact the DSR and any authorities regarding this case for your self satisfaction.

Alpha Technology Team"

This is complete bullshit and was quickly discredited, so they changed it to this on March 24: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.msg5875510#msg5875510

"You are not classed as a consumer to us. Our devices are sold and are classed for business use, cryptocurrency mining earnings in the UK is classed as income and is taxable, our units are used purely for mining, therefore every customer is classed as a business-user. It is your duty to register as a business and class your mining earnings from our devices to the relevant governing bodies. As we are selling for business use only therefore our terms of conditions are what you have to comply by as you accepted before you ordered."

More bullshit. None of this is in even in their T&C's. Even if it was, it doesn't matter. As Alpha selling to consumers. What the product could be used for is irrelevant. If you are not buying through a business and the product is for your own private use, YOU ARE CLASSED AS A CONSUMER.

As alpha are not strictly a B2B supplier pretty much EVERYTHING in their T&C's is irrelevant and superseded by UK law.

You can see a clear evolution as they make up policy as they go along to avoid paying refunds and flout UK consumer law.
As they are a UK registered company they are bound by the law of the UK. In this case the Distance Selling Regulations 2000. Even if you do not live in the UK or the EU, the law applies as Alpha are based in the UK.

Email Alpha stating that you had intended to use the product for private personal use and not for business. If they are a decent, honest company they should void your order and issue a full refund. They won't of course but you will have their reply on record. I hope this helps

Let me just say: Ty for your awesomeness!!
(I'm too tired to be more articulate but wanted to show my appreciation for this  Grin)

Me too!
Thank you very much!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ginbank

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:42:58 PM

Hey all,

So most of you didn't pay yet, right?

I am about to pay the remaining, but just read posts here... wondering Huh they also don't  respond right? Sent an email a few days ago, no reply ...

I would like to know who of you guys can already see their final payments invoice in order to pay it?
My order number for the the 250 MH/s miner is around order #74XX and I can not even see my final invoice yet.

If the invoice would be there I would have paid it by now. I even emailed them to ask why I can't see my invoice yet and why my order status is on hold.
I had sent the deposit by wire transfer and was planning to send the remaining payment also by wire transfer.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:50:58 PM

The fact they stopped posting on here to support their original base, makes it very clear what's going on.

ginbank

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:52:39 PM

It troubles me that they're not diligent about responding to support emails. Payza not available where I'm at and they won't respond to support emails. For this reason I may just let the second payment lapse, I might just rather hold onto that 2.5 BTC and see what happens.

That's right and that's why I was bothering to read through this thread. I emailed them to ask why I can't see my final invoice so that I can pay, no reply, logged in again, still no invoice. I was only reading their e-mail announcements and decided not to read any forums or FUD at all, until now, because they did not reply to my e-mail. Bad customer support is bad.

Now after reading the thread, I am not sure if I would even pay the final invoice when they eventually give it to me. Sad
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:07:33 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 04:37:03 PM by retro72

I should also add. You do not have to be a business to buy, sell or mine cryptocurrencies.

As an individual in the UK any profits you make are considered a Capital Gain not income. Similar to selling shares or a second home.

You can earn a salary from a regular job and mine coins personally at home. Any profits/losses you make from the sale of the coins will be liable to Capital Gains Tax not income tax.

From the HMRC website: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm

"Gains and losses incurred on Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies are chargeable or allowable for Capital Gains Tax if they accrue to an individual or, for Corporation Tax on chargeable gains if they accrue to a company."

Not only is this very tax efficient, it blows another hole in Alpha's retroactive argument that you have to be a business to purchase their products.
Futune

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:51:37 PM

I've been lurking on their forums again, an IP ban is pretty easy to get around.

I managed to shame Fiaz into posting on the "Chip status" thread before getting banned again. It really wasn't worth it though. Here's what he wrote:

"Apologies for the delay, we are very busy with orders but very soon we will have a big update releasing fulls specs and more details".

Not too busy to spend all day on the forums arguing and banning people, just too busy to answer a really important thread.  Looks like more stall tactics from Alpha until they can scrape together enough money to pay the bills.

By the way I talked to the Citizens Advice Bureau again today. I updated them on the situation. They have flagged the case "criminal withholding of consumer rights" and passed it on to Trading Standards. They'll contact me in 5-10 working days if they decide the case has merit. Anyone who is NOT A BUSINESS and has or is having their refund, partially or fully withheld should contact them direct on 08454 040506 or fill out the form on their website

https://ssl.datamotion.com/form.aspx?co=3438&frm=citacomplainform&to=flare.fromforms

You need to complain. Not just post on forums. The more people who bring this to their attention the faster it will get resolved.

Some of us got together on the Cointerra forum and complained to the Better Business Bureau and they issued a warning to the press (http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-bbb-bitcoin-warning-20140605-story.html). Cointerra were getting slammed so hard they had to shut their forums down and guys who had been waiting months are finally getting refunded.

Just to be clear. If you are not a business customer you are entitled to a 100% REFUND UNDER UK LAW.

If you are unhappy with the refund situation contact the CAB and complain. Unlike the BBB, Trading Standards has the ability to bring criminal charges. They take this sort of thing very seriously in the UK.

Does this apply to customers outside UK such as Canada?  Grin Grin
retro72

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Does this apply to customers outside UK such as Canada?  Grin Grin

Yes
retro72

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:36:13 PM

you are likely correct...I am looking at it more from the point if they pull a BFL intentional or otherwise and CAN'T SHIP IN JULY....if it ships end of July and I won't get it till August actual..I will likely get Amex to dump for not getting item according to timeline

that much will likely work
Actually their T&Cs and FAQs state their timeline as Q2/Q3.

"We are currently working hard to ensure that the products will be available for delivery as soon as possible, and hope to have them available for shipping in the second or third quarter of 2014"

Saying they HOPE to ship in July doesn't change anything. They are only bound by the timeline stated in the T&Cs.

So Amex, or any other CC company won't get a penny out of their bank unless they ship in October.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:06:43 PM

you are likely correct...I am looking at it more from the point if they pull a BFL intentional or otherwise and CAN'T SHIP IN JULY....if it ships end of July and I won't get it till August actual..I will likely get Amex to dump for not getting item according to timeline

"We are currently working hard to ensure that the products will be available for delivery as soon as possible, and hope to have them available for shipping in the second or third quarter of 2014"

Saying they HOPE to ship in July doesn't change anything. They are only bound by the timeline stated in the T&Cs.

So Amex, or any other CC company won't get a penny out of their bank unless they ship in October.

This is yet another reason why Ive said from the get go this is a scam.  Even if by some miracle of all miracles they manage to get this thing ready in July, they still aren't contractually obligated to actually ship the things.  They can, entirely within the terms of the agreement, sit there and mine with them for a few months until they are no longer profitable and then ship them out.
Ilan1

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:09:31 PM

This is yet another reason why Ive said from the get go this is a scam.  Even if by some miracle of all miracles they manage to get this thing ready in July, they still aren't contractually obligated to actually ship the things.  They can, entirely within the terms of the agreement, sit there and mine with them for a few months until they are no longer profitable and then ship them out.

I have been there and trust them, you need to relax, you are getting all wound up with no proper cause, they have said repetedly they will ship earliest 15th July and latest end of July, calling up CAB and Trading Standards and making a lot of premature and unnecessary noise is only going to create issues, and that if anything is going to be the root cause of any hold up, so it will be YOU that will be responsible, if units do not ship on time, stop being so dramatic, and selfish and think about all of the 1000's of other customers that have paid and are happy to wait until end of July before getting nervous.

Take it easy and go and find something else to pass the time whilst Alpha are hard at it to ensure our miners get delivered on time. Stop spreading FUD and stop making waves and causing problems, this is why you have been banned from the forum, no other reason, THE END

LTCgear.com Review http://ltcgear.co.ukhttp://ltcgear.com/?apage=120 - 160mh/s for $850 use coupon code "anniversary1yr" - Active Multi Algorithm cloud mining in Scrypt, X11 and Scrypt-N - ROI in 5 Weeks
retro72

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:19:13 PM

I have been there and trust them, you need to relax, you are getting all wound up with no proper cause, they have said repetedly they will ship earliest 15th July and latest end of July, calling up CAB and Trading Standards and making a lot of premature and unnecessary noise is only going to create issues, and that if anything is going to be the root cause of any hold up, so it will be YOU that will be responsible, if units do not ship on time, stop being so dramatic, and selfish and think about all of the 1000's of other customers that have paid and are happy to wait until end of July before getting nervous.

Take it easy and go and find something else to pass the time whilst Alpha are hard at it to ensure our miners get delivered on time. Stop spreading FUD and stop making waves and causing problems, this is why you have been banned from the forum, no other reason, THE END

Telling the truth = FUD to Alpha apologists.

Its amazing how none of you ever come back with any FACTS to back up any of your rants. But of course, you don't have any actual evidence that these mythical machines will appear in July, because Alpha haven't provided you with any.

Come back when they do. TTFN
Ilan1

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:35:19 PM

Telling the truth = FUD to Alpha apologists.

Its amazing how none of you ever come back with any FACTS to back up any of your rants. But of course, you don't have any actual evidence that these mythical machines will appear in July, because Alpha haven't provided you with any.

Come back when they do. TTFN

Wow just relax and wait for the deadline, I have met them and spoken to them, I live in Manchester, sometimes you just need to have a little bit of faith in people and just relax, I know this industry is full of scammers but that does not mean to say one hat fits all! Stop asking for proof all the time and don't keep on creating before you have all the facts! So far they have not broken any promises and they have been open and transparent, granted slow on responding to emails right now but I expect that is because Payments are really busy handling everyone's payment queries etc. but trust me they do answer and they answered mine, and reopened my order because I clicked on cancel by accident, they have now processed my payments etc so just give them a break!!

LTCgear.com Review http://ltcgear.co.ukhttp://ltcgear.com/?apage=120 - 160mh/s for $850 use coupon code "anniversary1yr" - Active Multi Algorithm cloud mining in Scrypt, X11 and Scrypt-N - ROI in 5 Weeks
retro72

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:50:28 PM

Wow just relax and wait for the deadline, I have met them and spoken to them, I live in Manchester, sometimes you just need to have a little bit of faith in people and just relax, I know this industry is full of scammers but that does not mean to say one hat fits all! Stop asking for proof all the time and don't start creating before you have all the facts! So far they have not broken any promises and they have been open and transparent, granted very and I expect that is why it is taking a long time for Payments to answer everyone's emails, but trust me they, answered mine and processed my payments etc so just give them a break!!
I'll give them a break. When they deliver a reliable, working asic on time. In fact I'll happily eat my words.

How can you with a straight face say they are open and transparent. Did you not read my post about refunds? They are lying to their customers to flout UK consumer law.  How is that open or transparent?

I bet you haven't even read this whole thread or the one on litecointalk. Fiaz constantly dodges outright questions here and bans people from his forum for asking anything he doesn't like.
Yeah, open and transparent.

I've been mining for a couple of years and I've seen A LOT of scams and failures, so excuse me for doubting the capabilities of a couple of guys I've got whisky older than, with no business experience, working out of an abandoned takeaway their dad owns, who lie to their customers and have provided NOT ONE SHRED OF PROOF they can ship anything at all, let alone in July.

And to cap that off their chip developer has asked them to remove all trace of them from their website....Yeah maybe I'm being too harsh Roll Eyes

But I'll sleep easier tonight knowing you've met them and think they're A Okay.
Ilan1

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:08:05 AM

Wow just relax and wait for the deadline, I have met them and spoken to them, I live in Manchester, sometimes you just need to have a little bit of faith in people and just relax, I know this industry is full of scammers but that does not mean to say one hat fits all! Stop asking for proof all the time and don't start creating before you have all the facts! So far they have not broken any promises and they have been open and transparent, granted very and I expect that is why it is taking a long time for Payments to answer everyone's emails, but trust me they, answered mine and processed my payments etc so just give them a break!!
I'll give them a break. When they deliver a reliable, working asic on time. In fact I'll happily eat my words.

How can you with a straight face say they are open and transparent. Did you not read my post about refunds? They are lying to their customers to flout UK consumer law.  How is that open or transparent?

I bet you haven't even read this whole thread or the one on litecointalk. Fiaz constantly dodges outright questions here and bans people from his forum for asking anything he doesn't like.
Yeah, open and transparent.

I've been mining for a couple of years and I've seen A LOT of scams and failures, so excuse me for doubting the capabilities of a couple of guys I've got whisky older than, with no business experience, working out of an abandoned takeaway their dad owns, who lie to their customers and have provided NOT ONE SHRED OF PROOF they can ship anything at all, let alone in July.

And to cap that off their chip developer has asked them to remove all trace of them from their website....Yeah maybe I'm being too harsh Roll Eyes

But I'll sleep easier tonight knowing you've met them and think they're A Okay.

Their "Chip developer " as you say, is actually a "Chip Designer / creator" the development will be done by a 3rd party Manufacturing company. The work of Dexcel had most probably come to its natural conclusion, you know there are some people in this world that are beyond reasoning with no matter what you say, you clearly just like to pick arguments and have very little faith in people, I think that is very sad. You should not be so quick to judge everyone by your own standards! Just relax and wait for July to come and go!

retro72

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:22:54 AM

Their "Chip developer " as you say, is actually a "Chip Designer / creator" the development will be done by a 3rd party Manufacturing company.
^^ I think this just about sums up your knowledge of the asic development process.

I have nothing further M'lud. I rest my case.
Ilan1

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:27:09 AM

Their "Chip developer " as you say, is actually a "Chip Designer / creator" the development will be done by a 3rd party Manufacturing company.
^^ I think this just about sums up your knowledge of the asic development process.

I have nothing further M'lud. I rest my case.

Do you honestly think that it is Dexcel that will mass produce the chips? Ha ha it is you my friend that has no clue! They will be now working closely with the foundry I rest my case!

retro72

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:38:00 AM

Do you honestly think that it is Dexcel that will mass produce the chips? Ha ha it is you my friend that has no clue! I rest my case!
And there goes the last of your credibility.......
Dexcel are the chip DEVELOPERS. Global Foundries are the chip MANUFACTURERS.

Now please stop.......You're only embarrassing yourself.

Ilan1

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:42:52 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 12:57:26 AM by Ilan1

Do you honestly think that it is Dexcel that will mass produce the chips? Ha ha it is you my friend that has no clue! I rest my case!
And there goes the last of your credibility.......
Dexcel are the chip DEVELOPERS. Global Foundries are the chip MANUFACTURERS.

Now please stop.......You're only embarrassing yourself.

Exactly and Dexcel have finished designing or if you wish to call it "developing" so their (Dexcel's) job is done it is now over to the foundry - it is you who is the one embarrassing yourself

Definition of:foundry

A semiconductor manufacturer that makes chips for third parties. It may be a large chip maker that sells its excess manufacturing capacity or one that makes chips exclusively for other companies.

Oh dear!

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:43:35 AM

Well the issue is, they can't physically make the deadline at this point. Legally. Unless they change their design, again. Examine the CE certification process. It's required because they're including PSU's. If they don't include PSU's in the design, then that's one less thing to worry about, but now the end user will have to worry about it.

If they include PSU's in shipment, they need CE certification. Which takes 2-12 weeks (at best, with bribes), and they have to supply machines off of the assembly line. This means that they'd need to have already built the machines and had them in CE process weeks ago.

Unless they issue a fake CE sticker, or ship without CE certification -- both will cause the items to be held in customs.

And this is just one of 3 major issues which is cause for concern on their deadline. When asked about it, they have banned / ignored customers. While your experience with them may have been genuine, the fact remains they physically can't meet their deadline.

retro72

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:55:01 AM

Exactly and they have finished designing or if you wish to call it "developing" so there job is done it is now over to the foundry - it is you who is the one embarrassing yourself

Definition of:foundry

A semiconductor manufacturer that makes chips for third parties. It may be a large chip maker that sells its excess manufacturing capacity or one that makes chips exclusively for other companies.

Oh dear!

I'm sorry but wtf are you talking about?? 

You think you can edit your post after I've written mine in some juvenile attempt to trip me up. I quoted it before you edited it son, so now you look like an even bigger arse

Seriously. Go back and read my posts. I've forgotten more about this stuff than you clearly know. 

By all means continue your pathetic attempts to justify your gamble with Alpha. But don't, for the love of God try to pretend you have even the slightest understanding of the Asic development process You just look like a fool..
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: