Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:11:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:10:45 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 08:59:37 PM by retro72

Hard to believe he'll keep his word. Last time he posted in here was on a Thursday as well, and promised a followup of more info on Friday (next day). And he never returned.
I'm expecting some post bong session BS they're scraping together now. Something along the lines of:

"We are expecting our chips very soon. Our enclosure designs are progressing well. We are on track for our July deadline. Our payment processor will be up very soon. Yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah

They have basically been backed into a corner. If they don't post something soon the last rats will leave the sinking ship. I expect they'll post something, but I don't expect much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meanotor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:36:11 PM

Maybe one one day these guys will get closer to understand the true meaning of "The Truth Shall Set You Free". Hint: lying is a sin and who sins becomes slave to sin because it's so tempting, you need to break the habit Smiley
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:38:25 PM

Maybe one one day these guys will get closer to understand the true meaning of "The Truth Shall Set You Free". Hint: lying is a sin and who sins becomes slave to sin because it's so tempting, you need to break the habit Smiley

lol, so the only thing that can save alpha-tech is jesus?
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:50:57 PM

Hard to believe he'll keep his word. Last time he posted in here was on a Thursday as well, and promised a followup of more info on Friday (next day). And he never returned.
I'm expecting some post bong session BS they're scraping together now. Something along the lines of:

"We are expecting our chips very soon. Our enclosure designs are progressing well. We are on track for our July deadline. Our payment processor will be up very soon. Yadda, yadda, yadda, blah, blah, blah

They have basically been backed into a corner. If they don't post something soon the last rats will leave the sinking ship. I expect they'll post something, but I don't expect much.

yeah all the recent "annoucements" are about the payment processor up really soon and they are on schedule.  But not a single word about the chips.  They went from expecting delivery of the chips so they need to get the rest of the money to complete silence about the chips.

My guess is that Drexel is not pissed about any racist comments, I think that they are pissed that Alpha tech will not be able to paid their bill in full.  So Drexel has a ton of "risk chips" that are getting more obsolete by the day and Alpha is just stringing them along with the "checks in the mail BS"
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:47:55 AM

There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

Full disclosure - I do not have an alpha-t order (thankfully).

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.
That told me everything I needed to know ...
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:53:37 AM

There are a lot of UK buyers, why hasn't someone gone over there recently (such as the past few days) to see what's going on? Someone on the ground and on site may be able to discover more than just going through forums.

When alpha-t first announced, I asked my oldest son, who lives near Manchester and frequently travels internationally, if he would mind going round to their offices and give me the benefit of his impressions of the people and place.

He declined, describing it as 'A very dodgy part of Manchester'. He didn't feel comfortable there and I didn't push him.

Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd
66 Dickenson Road

Moss Side Family Unit Address:69 Dickenson Road City:Manchester

Top 10: Dodgy British Neighbourhoods
Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:48:43 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 04:30:05 AM by 9600

Update!

Okay, so THEY DID THEIR MATH RIGHT! They actually calculated for a 75% refund but sent me a canned response for a 50% refund. If I would have noticed the dollar amount and not just the verbage, I would have caught that.

I've supplied them with my bank account information as I was told all refunds are being issued via wire transfer now.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Received a contact from Alpha stating that my order was placed more than three months ago ( ACTUALLY placed on 3/28) and that I was only eligible for a 50% refund via bank draft. I cancelled the order 13 days ago. I don't get how their time-line lines up.

Should I try to argue or just offer up my bank account info and take the 50%?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:29:51 AM

Hi

I assure you we have enough funds, some may forget but when we started we had no competition for a long time, if there are any sales to be had in Scrypt mining we would be the ones with them. We are very busy but expect to be caught up on emails by Monday, in fact I am certain of it (there will be a few exceptions so please I know nobody likes waiting but if you're not being served it just means somebody else is). And we are sorry the payment processor keeps getting delayed we are doing everything we can to get it to you as fast as possible, rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen. We do see an increasing desire for an update and we will be releasing one either today or tomorrow; not the big one with all the specs but an update nonetheless.

Cheers

Why even bother posting this nonsense?

hmmm he did not notice or reply to any of my posts..funny....musta just 'overlooked' them heh Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
miri94

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:00:02 PM

lol Searing i think he has you on ignore  Wink
wilson1973

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:39:14 PM

Great update today don't you think.

Glad to see they allayed everyones fears, addressed all outstanding issues and took timeout to address their customers.

... then I woke up and realised it was a dream. Considering they took on someone to do the PR / customer service duties, then all I can say is that this person is worth his/her weight in gold. I'd luv to learn how they mange to do £$%& all all day and still get paid, me thinks there's a book there to be written ;-)

retro72

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:44:24 PM

Great update today don't you think.

Glad to see they allayed everyones fears, addressed all outstanding issues and took timeout to address their customers.

... then I woke up and realised it was a dream. Considering they took on someone to do the PR / customer service duties, then all I can say is that this person is worth his/her weight in gold. I'd luv to learn how they mange to do £$%& all all day and still get paid, me thinks there's a book there to be written ;-)

Alpha have a habit of posting at 11_12pm (UK time) the professional outfit that they are, so there's time yet. I can't believe they'd be stupid enough not to post today. They would lose what little credibility they had left with their customers.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:52:28 PM

66 Dickenson Road

Why is it dodgy? The name Moss Side is enough to send chills down even the toughest hooligan’s spine; a notorious inner-city area of Manchester cluttered with council blocks, it is known as a capital of murder and mayhem, and not the kind of place you go to live happily ever after. The neighbourhood is largely controlled by gang members – said to be up to 500 in total in Manchester – with drug dealing, turf wars and theft a way of life here. Avoid, at all costs.

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

Really?  All the questions surrounding your business and your progress and THAT is what you choose to respond to?
retro72

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:59:01 PM

66 Dickenson Road

Our address is Rusholme not Moss Side, a simple Google search would tell you this.

Really?  All the questions surrounding your business and your progress and THAT is what you choose to respond to?
^^this.
Maybe you should concentrate on getting a credible update to your customers rather than worrying about our geographical knowledge.
wilson1973

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:59:49 PM

66 Dickenson Road

I couldn't believe it either.

These guys have their priorities ALL wrong.

Fiaz is in the wrong job, as PR/ Social Media expert, I'd have fired him long ago.

Awful... truly awful.
retro72

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:05:49 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 08:31:02 PM by retro72

Fiaz is in the wrong job, as PR/ Social Media expert, I'd have fired him long ago.

Awful... truly awful.
Fiaz is probably the friend they had that knew how to turn on a computer. My dog probably has more PR experience than this spineless buffoon.

I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:26:59 PM

Soo... There was supposed to be an update today?

EDIT: Guess they saw my post....   ; )

https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-update-20062014/
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

Awful... truly awful.
Fiaz is probably the friend they had that knew how to turn on a computer. My dog probably has more PR experience than this spineless buffoon.

I wonder, if there is any hope of succeeding here, do you think you are actually helping things out with the name calling, and with going out of
your way to help destroy customer confidence? I'm all for laying out the facts and investigation, so don't get me wrong, but it seems
like a riot is being started and the sinking of the ship is now being assisted with negative expectations, energy, etc.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
brian_23452

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:26:18 PM

So they posted their update.  Few thoughts I had while reading it....

"At this moment there is a lot of tweaking and preparation while we wait for the chips as such there isn’t much to show yet."
So they don't have the chips yet.

"[about the payment processor]rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen but some things are just outside of our control. As soon as it’s up we will email you and we guarantee it will be before July"
This is why their word is worthless.  If it is outside your control, how can you possibly guarantee when it will be ready?  If it is something you have control over and thus can guarantee, why lie and say it isn't something you have control over?

retro72

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:32:34 PM

So they posted their update.  Few thoughts I had while reading it....

"At this moment there is a lot of tweaking and preparation while we wait for the chips as such there isn’t much to show yet."
So they don't have the chips yet.

"[about the payment processor]rest assured we are committed to it so it will happen but some things are just outside of our control. As soon as it’s up we will email you and we guarantee it will be before July"
This is why their word is worthless.  If it is outside your control, how can you possibly guarantee when it will be ready?  If it is something you have control over and thus can guarantee, why lie and say it isn't something you have control over?

^^ this is pretty much what I thought. Its the same old worthless garbage from Alpha. Not a shred of evidence, just speculation and hot air. This took them all day to come up with, copy and paste included. I'm sure some customers will eat it up but personally I'd run a mile.
retro72

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:37:15 PM

Awful... truly awful.

I wonder, if there is any hope of succeeding here, do you think you are actually helping things out with the name calling, and with going out of
your way to help destroy customer confidence? I'm all for laying out the facts and investigation, so don't get me wrong, but it seems
like a riot is being started and the sinking of the ship is now being assisted with negative expectations, energy, etc.

Really?? Did you read his post? Of all the questions he could have answered. People are clamoring for information about refunds, the state of the chips, enclosures, cooling, payment processor. He chose to reply to a post about their location.

So yes I think he is spineless and yes I think he's a buffoon. Your opinion may differ but I stand by mine.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: