Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **CEX.IO Bitcoin Exchange ** Buy Bitcoins with Cards in iOS / Android App***  (Read 422143 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
acegilz

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:45:47 AM

i was looking my account an saw this
C A U T I O N:
If you lose access to your smartphone, or uninstall the app - you will not be able to login to your CEX.IO account.
BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR 2FA CODE IN CASE YOU LOSE ACCESS TO YOUR SMARTPHONE OR THE APP.

How do i make a 2FA backup? no one knows when i could lose my iphone and that would be enought of bad luck.. :/

You can also generate back up 2FA codes from your Google account I believe.

Google Account has nothing to do with CEX.io, so you believe wrong.

You're missing the point. My 2FA program or app is Authy. Authy attaches each 2FA to an account, one of the options is my google account. I can backup my Authy App and it will restore when I get my new phone after I verify who I am. The one catch is that I think you have to have the same phone number(i could be wrong). ie after I bought my new phone I still had the same phone number so I just restored per the Authy apps directions. There may be other apps for 2FA

That is different from "You can also generate back up 2FA codes from your Google account I believe."
The codes generated from your Google account are only valid for your Google account and other and Google associated services, that are protected by 2FA.

You are correct. The time based rotating response 2FA apps that are available (including the Google Auth app) cannot ever work with backup codes from your Google account. Those codes only work with Google services or external sites that use Google's backend auth service (Bitminter is one of these). Cex.io uses the time based app so you cannot use backup codes from anywhere. If you lose your device and you don't have the private key saved somewhere to allow you to setup the app again on a new device then you are screwed. To backup the private key just write it down or save it in your favorite password app. Another option is to screen shot the QR code or the key while it is still on your screen when you setup 2FA on the website and then save that somewhere but make sure it is saved securely!

today i changed my old google authenticator for a new and much more usefull app called authy

with authy all logins are saved on cloud so in case you lose your device, you can restore previous OTP configs on a new device without losing them all.

There are plenty of advantages comparing with google auth... take a look http://blog.cloudflare.com/choosing-a-two-factor-authentication-system
JayBee66

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:33:04 AM

You mugs shouldn't worry about rounding.

CEX.IO is doing a good job of rounding your Bitco'n holding to zero.

Arf! Arf!
JayBee66

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:28:24 PM

my browsers  wont  load the interfaces, the circle dot thing just keeps goin and never loads, any suggestions?

CEX.IO doesn't want you to see the slope of the graph trending ever downwards.
coin123123

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:59:24 AM

comon guys where are all the proud owners with the fancy signature?

tell us how much profit you made maybe ill join too Grin

give me some refferal link Grin Grin
acegilz

Activity: 211

1ACEGiLZnZoG7KUNkMwAT8tBuJ6jsrwj5Q

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:15:06 AM

I would appreciate if you could use mine Smiley
katie.mckinley

Activity: 131

old user name chris3spice

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:44:51 AM

I only profited because I did not put in a lot (only a couple GHS) then traded the hell out of it...now whatever my measly little 3GHS gets me is 100% profit as I've made back my initial investment during the price crashes that occurred the past month and a half...
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:32:51 AM

New TOS, Can someone with a legal background explain the new terms of service in laymens tearms?

in perticular

Before the publication of the first demand you should send to us:

1) a valid government issued ID, acceptable high quality images of documents are: - international passport (double page) - national ID card (both sides) - driver's license (both sides)

2) a proof of residency, acceptable scanned images of paper documents are: - bank statement - utility bill for utilities consumed at your home address - tax return, council tax - certificate of residency issued by a government or a local government authority You can also submit other documents to serve as proof of residency such as; government-issued documents, judicial authority-issued documents, documents issued by a public agency / authority, utility service company, or similar regulated service providing companies.

Is this site turning into KYC?

I also noticed the log of I.P. from miners, With this in the new TOS

You are solely responsible for understanding and complying with any and all laws, rules and regulations of your specific jurisdiction that may be applicable to you in connection with your use of the CEX.IO Services, including but not limited to, those related to export or import activity, taxes or foreign currency transactions

We now have to pay our countries TAX on earnings? What's the point of BTC if it's still linked to the government?

Also this is a nice touch

The creation or use of Accounts without obtaining the prior express permission from CEX.IO will result in the immediate suspension of all said Accounts

Is this normal legal jargon? I dont understand this stuff.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:37:43 AM

The market is stable again now and I've been able to stabilize my earnings! About 6 more days until the next diff change.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
JayBee66

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:21:04 AM

I only profited because I did not put in a lot (only a couple GHS) then traded the hell out of it...now whatever my measly little 3GHS gets me is 100% profit as I've made back my initial investment during the price crashes that occurred the past month and a half...

This is called Survival Bias.

Only those who were lucky to profit from CEX.IO report it here (with attendant affiliate link).

The vast majority who get burned wouldn't want to boast about it or look for a forum to tell anyone about it.
JayBee66

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:31:25 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 12:40:45 PM by JayBee66

I see that for a second day CEX.IO is not producing graphs. Maybe something to do with my posting charts on page 29 of this thread?

Also, the CEX.IO staff haven't been on this thread for a while to defend themselves.

I would also like to point out to the younger members of this thread that you are dealing not only with the creator of the index but also the seller of the commodity.

Imagine buying shares on a stock exchange that only sells one stock and that the exchange owns that stock and the company from which the stock is derived. Would not the SEC in the US (or the FSA in the UK) be on the war path?

CEX.IO is unregulated for this kind of activity. It is essentially insider dealing.

CEX.IO can manipulate the price at will. They own the ASICs and can sell them onto the market and buy them back when they want and profit from the difference. The could well be front running the trading market. How many of the positions to buy and sell are positions placed by CEX.IO? There is no regulator to oversee this exchange.

Certainly, a few affiliate linkers to CEX.IO will come onto this thread and tell you how they profited. They are either telling a lie so that you click their affiliate link or they are one of the lucky survivors and you are going to get duped by survival bias.

CEX.IO, regardless of any good intent on the part of its management, is an unregulated and manipulated market.

But try as I might to be kind to CEX.IO the lack of charts on CEX.IO for so long is now beginning to smell of market manipulation.

Steer clear.
coin123123

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:15:30 PM

To all having problems with graph it looks about like this Grin

Dende

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:38:36 PM

whether cex.io/ghash.io is legitimate or not, if you want bitcoin to stay decentralized and secure dont put more of your btc or hashrate in there. They already have 1/3 of the global hashrate.
JayBee66

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:47:37 PM

whether cex.io/ghash.io is legitimate or not, if you want bitcoin to stay decentralized and secure dont put more of your btc or hashrate in there. They already have 1/3 of the global hashrate.

That is a separate issue and clouds the fact that CEX.IO is using the trading platform to take mined BTC from its 'customers'.

1/3 global hashrate is an important fact; the cornering of the hashing.

My point is that they are not only cornering the hashing but also helping themselves to the Bitcoin mined by setting up a trading platform that is unregulated and at worst manipulated or at best run in a way to favour CEX.IO.

The naive readers of this thread will be taken in without understanding either point.
Dende

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:32:43 PM

I am also questioning what cex.io does but many people are just going to learn it the hard way.
I see referral links everywhere, youtube, forums etc and I feel sorry for those who fall into this.
Many people think they can get rich quick and they have only themselves to blame for not doing research.

I visited cex.io from time to time to see how it does and I saw the drop from I believe 0.08btc/ghash to 0.03btc/ghash. It did not fall slowly, it dropped like a rock which could be a manipulation.
There are a lot of bagholders or should I say hashholders in cex.io which will not get their initial investment and I hope they learn from this. We are in very early stage of bitcoin, things are unregulated, and people are being scammed everyday. Nobody is going to save your assess if you lost your bitcoin to scammers. I am not saving cex.io is a scam but that place sure is fishy.

If you want to trade to increase your btc holdings, it does not make sense trading at cex.io. btc/ghash will only devalue over time, you might get lucky from time to time but once the next dump comes ready to say goodbye to your investment if you are not prepared.
katie.mckinley

Activity: 131

old user name chris3spice

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:45:55 PM

This is called Survival Bias.

Only those who were lucky to profit from CEX.IO report it here (with attendant affiliate link).

The vast majority who get burned wouldn't want to boast about it or look for a forum to tell anyone about it.
I learned Survival Bias today Cheesy

Had never heard that term before, and no I don't post my link everywhere, I was weary of it in the first place (hence only playing with small numbers) so I don't have any referrals. I just got super lucky NOBODY should take this as, oh Katie profited so can I...

I do agree most everyone is (more than likely) getting burnt not knowing what they're really getting into, I know a few people from my community were like "Oh, mining that's how you get free Bitcoins!" Then I go on to explain its not free it costs (electricity, time etc.)
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:23:24 PM

I really wish that cex.io would fix the graphs it has not loaded for me in a few days :/
bittydude

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:42:06 AM

Does the site crash/not respond in anyone elses browser? weirddd...
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:35:52 AM

Does the site crash/not respond in anyone elses browser? weirddd...

the site and everything on it works for me except the graphs which just shows a circle loading screen indefinitely.
JayBee66

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:37:35 AM

I am also questioning what cex.io does but many people are just going to learn it the hard way.
I see referral links everywhere, youtube, forums etc and I feel sorry for those who fall into this.
Many people think they can get rich quick and they have only themselves to blame for not doing research.

I visited cex.io from time to time to see how it does and I saw the drop from I believe 0.08btc/ghash to 0.03btc/ghash. It did not fall slowly, it dropped like a rock which could be a manipulation.
There are a lot of bagholders or should I say hashholders in cex.io which will not get their initial investment and I hope they learn from this. We are in very early stage of bitcoin, things are unregulated, and people are being scammed everyday. Nobody is going to save your assess if you lost your bitcoin to scammers. I am not saving cex.io is a scam but that place sure is fishy.

If you want to trade to increase your btc holdings, it does not make sense trading at cex.io. btc/ghash will only devalue over time, you might get lucky from time to time but once the next dump comes ready to say goodbye to your investment if you are not prepared.

Agreed.

I believe that GHASH.IO is as legitimate as any hashing site but that CEX.IO is an ingenious way of getting people to keep their hard-earned Bitcoin on the site with the chance of them gambling it away to CEX.IO

CEX.IO also lures in those without hashing hardware to gamble their Bitcoins too.

At least with Satoshi Dice the game is zero sum. It is not a zero sum game on CEX.IO when CEX.IO is self-regulating its own exchange for its own commodity. A commodity which is constantly trending downwards in price and CEX.IO is the only agent able to short sell that commodity. That is insider trading and in any other field would be ILLEGAL. For a company purports to be based in the UK, I wonder why the Met has not raided it yet.
drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:52:14 PM

Looking for historical data of GHS/BTC at cexio. More than one month.

thx
:-)

no sign of a signature
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: