Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitbabba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:56:04 AM

Hi folks is there an IRC channel about tek?

We had one up a few times in the past but nothing up atm as far as i know.

One more question, how long for the coins to get mature and start to stake?

THX

30 days Grin

seriously??
Yes! If you want staking TEK, you need to be patient.

Thank you, really patient!
But I hope the return will be awesome!
How much in % is the average daily return with let's say 1BTC invested?

Daily return??? 30 days too long to wait?Huh I think you mix crypto with HYIP programs. I suggest you Google those cause they ll provide you with 1% per day. Also, they ll steal your money at the end.
If making money in crypto would be that easy, we would all be fucking millionaires by now.

Also, whover s this dude who stakes and sells 200k TEK during the first week or every month, I have a message for you.

DUDE, do u have shit for brains? Have you ever heard of placing a sell order instead of dumping your coins like a total moron? You LOSE MONEY THE WAY YOU DO IT.

Useless reply!
at least you could give me some data!
I didn't say we will get rich or something I just ask average how much can we earn. If it's possible to know it, I'm happy to know, if not please just say why it's hard to calculate.
I'm newby here and to POS I'm asking to whom is ready to help, if you think my questions are too stupid for you, please keep your smart reply with you.

Thank you

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 10:56:40 AM

THX

30 days Grin

seriously??

Daily return??? 30 days too long to wait?Huh I think you mix crypto with HYIP programs. I suggest you Google those cause they ll provide you with 1% per day. Also, they ll steal your money at the end.
If making money in crypto would be that easy, we would all be fucking millionaires by now.

Also, whover s this dude who stakes and sells 200k TEK during the first week or every month, I have a message for you.

DUDE, do u have shit for brains? Have you ever heard of placing a sell order instead of dumping your coins like a total moron? You LOSE MONEY THE WAY YOU DO IT.

Useless reply!
I didn't say we will get rich or something I just ask average how much can we earn. If it's possible to know it, I'm happy to know, if not please just say why it's hard to calculate.
I'm newby here and to POS I'm asking to whom is ready to help, if you think my questions are too stupid for you, please keep your smart reply with you.

Thank you

It s not possible to tell you exactly, annual stake rate depends on staking difficulty and the number of blocks and coins competing for a stake. At this moment, the annual stake rate s something about 400-500%. Again, this is a current data from today. It can and WILL change a lot as the number of TEK blocks trying to stake increases. Please do a bit more reading before you get into TEK so you know exactly what you invest in.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bitbabba

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:45:26 AM

THX

30 days Grin

seriously??

Useless reply!

Thank you

It s not possible to tell you exactly, annual stake rate depends on staking difficulty and the number of blocks and coins competing for a stake. At this moment, the annual stake rate s something about 400-500%. Again, this is a current data from today. It can and WILL change a lot as the number of TEK blocks trying to stake increases. Please do a bit more reading before you get into TEK so you know exactly what you invest in.

Thank you!

Yeah you r right I must read more before investing.
I checked info at the official tek site and in presstab, could you suggest me other sources to get proper infos.

Thank you

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:47:21 PM

So i just fired up my Tek wallet (v2.2.1.0-gf96a5a-TEK. ) for 1st time in like 3 weeks. figured i let coins age a little as they werent mature. And holy crap! I had 11 orphans come in (like 200% of my balance) then 5 accepted stakes ( about 50% of my balance). just wondering is that normal? doesnt seem so. Not complaining about 50% mind you,just curious to know if latest wallet version would make any diff? Was a bummer to see so many orphans in a row.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I got less orphans with the newest wallet than I did before. But if you do get them, just run repairwallet and it'll clear them out and you'll be able to stake the mature coins again.

Ok thanx, so now would it not make sense to just close wallet for next 30 days or so? i.e, is there any gain by leaving wallet open when coins are not mature?   

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Azkhabar

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:57:09 PM

Ok thanx, so now would it not make sense to just close wallet for next 30 days or so? i.e, is there any gain by leaving wallet open when coins are not mature?   

You can keep your wallet closed when your coins aren't mature but leaving it running should help the network. It's up to you Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:04:10 PM

So i just fired up my Tek wallet (v2.2.1.0-gf96a5a-TEK. ) for 1st time in like 3 weeks. figured i let coins age a little as they werent mature. And holy crap! I had 11 orphans come in (like 200% of my balance) then 5 accepted stakes ( about 50% of my balance). just wondering is that normal? doesnt seem so. Not complaining about 50% mind you,just curious to know if latest wallet version would make any diff? Was a bummer to see so many orphans in a row.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I got less orphans with the newest wallet than I did before. But if you do get them, just run repairwallet and it'll clear them out and you'll be able to stake the mature coins again.

I'd suggest opening it to sync a few days before maturity because TEK takes a LONG time to sync. Aside from that, my strategy is a a few large blocks and keep it closed unless I'm sending or staking.

And to the gentleman who's looking at investing: In my (admittedly limited) experience, TEK has been the most consistently profitable POS coin out there, though some people say HBN beats it in the longer term. The PoS rate is variable, but if you watch the staking difficulty and open your wallet accordingly, you will get close to 40% in 30 days. If you just toss the dice, it'll be somewhere around 25 to 30 percent in the same general time frame.

Also, the market is extreme. Around the first of the month (as CrazyIvan noted angrily) there are some people who will just sell at any price. I think they are probably paying bills, and I view it as a purchase opportunity. The highs on the market seem to be around the 17th to 20th. This pattern has been inexact but fairly consistent for over a year. TEK is really not for the impatient or non stubborn. (I'm terribly impatient, but also terribly stubborn, so I do well). To assuage my impatience, I also stake HyperStake, which is a very different animal. It too has done me very well, but it's a much faster game.
Azkhabar

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:30:42 PM

(...) To assuage my impatience, I also stake HyperStake, which is a very different animal. It too has done me very well, but it's a much faster game.

For the very impatient ones, I suggest to try Sprout. Coins take only 5 days to mature and staking happens in 6 days or more according to your block size (the bigger the better in this case). Oh and on top of this the reward is 10% (+2% for each subsequent day from the time coins are mature). Smiley

PS: at this rate, not sure this coin will hold very long its value but it's a fun game anyway Cheesy
bitbabba

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:52:40 AM

hi

with TEK we have to wait 30 days for the coins to get mature, my question is, after I will find a block I have to wait for 30 days more for the new balance to get mature again?

Thank you

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
clockuniverse
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 11:43:38 AM

After 30 days and if you have the coin weight, you should mint a chunk of coins depending on the difficulty.  The new minted coins require a number of confirmations (I can't remember how many with TEK) before they appear.  For me it usually takes between 30 minutes to an hour before they appear for real in my wallet.  When they reappear in your wallet they are split in half plus the staked amount, then, you have to wait another 30 days for it to happen again.
This all will not happen if you move the coin blocks around.
Does that make sense?

.    Implemented!    .
. DASH’s Decentralized Governance, 
  MASTERNODES, and Instant Send.
████
  ██

██
████

████
  ██

██
████

WEBSITE
   REDDIT
   TWITTER

ANN THREAD
   MATTERMOST
   BTC GARDEN

Azkhabar

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:30:31 PM

The split happens has follow: when you block stakes the amount you earn is added to the coins in your block and then the total is split in 2. To make it easier, suppose you have a 1000 TEK block that hit the max reward of 40% (=400 TEK). The math is (1000+400)/2 = 2 new blocks of 700 TEK.
bitbabba

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:15:45 AM

The split happens has follow: when you block stakes the amount you earn is added to the coins in your block and then the total is split in 2. To make it easier, suppose you have a 1000 TEK block that hit the max reward of 40% (=400 TEK). The math is (1000+400)/2 = 2 new blocks of 700 TEK.

Thank you

So I'll get the 400 reward in 2 blocks

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:54:08 AM

Thank you

Your single block of 1000 will turn into 2 blocks of 700, rather than your original block of 1000 with 2 blocks of 200 each, if that's what you mean...

What a lot of people seem to do is then send those two blocks to themselves in a single transaction. So, as your original block of 1000 TEK has become 2 blocks of 700 TEK, you would send them back to yourself. The wallet will automatically combine them into a single block of 1400 TEK.

Doing that keeps the overall PoS difficulty down which in turn helps to keep the interest as close as possible to 40% per month...
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:59:07 PM

Thank you

Your single block of 1000 will turn into 2 blocks of 700, rather than your original block of 1000 with 2 blocks of 200 each, if that's what you mean...

What a lot of people seem to do is then send those two blocks to themselves in a single transaction. So, as your original block of 1000 TEK has become 2 blocks of 700 TEK, you would send them back to yourself. The wallet will automatically combine them into a single block of 1400 TEK.

Doing that keeps the overall PoS difficulty down which in turn helps to keep the interest as close as possible to 40% per month...

....and this enables people to stake at 40%, dump their stake and bring the price down. Great, so happy with that.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:05:59 PM

Thank you

....and this enables people to stake at 40%, dump their stake and bring the price down. Great, so happy with that.

Well you could always refer back to option 3 from your earlier post if you don't like it... I was pointing out a way for bitbabba to maximise the percentage return on his stake in the early stages. Because then he's more than quids in if he holds on to his coins for when the price DOES rise...
Libertymind

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:43:41 PM

Getting 40% last 2 months, this means there is not a lot of staking going on. This low production will cause the coin to become rare again when the current cheap sell orders are sold off. I'm going to be buy me a tone of cheap tek.  Grin
aSmallChild666

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:49:56 AM

It doesn't matter if you get 40% early on and then 10% later or the other way around.  It is multiplication repeated/compounded.  In a multiplication you get the same result no matter what order you put the numbers.
Polarbear22

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:31:25 AM

Im new  I cant sync tek wallet
I make this step
1. Im load  Tekcoin wallet  2.3.0.0  and  load bootstrap
2. delete  blk0001 , blkindex  and extract  Bootstrap to  tekcoin directory.
3. run wallet

but now wallet have 0 active connection  and out of sync

How I make to sync tekcoin wallet 

Tell me pls
CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:15:51 PM

I just minted 20K+ Tek on a 52K wallet balance, in about 20 minutes.  Outstanding!!   Grin

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:01:21 PM

Im new  I cant sync tek wallet
I make this step
1. Im load  Tekcoin wallet  2.3.0.0  and  load bootstrap
2. delete  blk0001 , blkindex  and extract  Bootstrap to  tekcoin directory.
3. run wallet

but now wallet have 0 active connection  and out of sync

How I make to sync tekcoin wallet 

Tell me pls

It won't have ANY active connections until it finishes importing the bootstrap. A better way to tell, if you're in the QT wallet, is to click on the "help" tab, then debug console, and see how many blocks it has on the first tab of the console. It should be adding them constantly if the bootstrap is doing what it should. Be patient, it takes a long time. Or, if you're like me and patience is just a word, go do something else for a while or you'll go nuts Cheesy
CartGeezer

Activity: 272

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:34:10 PM

@biomech:       Cheesy

CURE DEM DMD GPL HBN HYPER KED POT TEK  THC -   I'm such a PoS
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: