Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:04:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JudgeDredd_

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:35:57 PM

Ah ... the plague of the Micro-men! Now, I wonder who they are?

The dreaded Micro-men.  Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.....

Lamont Cranston....

"... dead men, in spite of the legend, do tell. Yes they speak and point with a bony, fleshless finger at their murderers ..."

Cat it looks like you've angered someone. Straight after your post the difficulty shot up from 0.02 to 0.08. I've never seen it that high before. Its now back to 0.02.

Yeah, judgedredd_ informed everyone that he decided to stake... So I guess he's one of the micro-stakers...
That is your conclusion? because I staked, that I am a micro-staker?
Do you even know whats a micro-staker? go do some search.

Judgedredd, Are you aware that you are really taking a beating on interest by staking when difficulty is this high? Right now you would be lucky to even approach 10% per month, where if you can wait until diff is .0001 or less, you can get upwards of 30% to the full 40%.  I don't want to assume you are a newbie, but most folks are waiting.  Even if you wait beyond the 30 days, your stake is prorated for the extra days up to 90 days, so you won't lose out by holding off.  If you know all of this and are just using a different strategy please disregard.
My blocks were already at 81 days+...so yeah waited well enough to say its enough
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JudgeDredd_

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 04:38:07 PM

Lamont Cranston....

"... dead men, in spite of the legend, do tell. Yes they speak and point with a bony, fleshless finger at their murderers ..."

Cat it looks like you've angered someone. Straight after your post the difficulty shot up from 0.02 to 0.08. I've never seen it that high before. Its now back to 0.02.

Yeah, judgedredd_ informed everyone that he decided to stake... So I guess he's one of the micro-stakers...

Apologies if I was jumping to conclusions, but you did post that you started staking when the difficulty was at 0.02, and were 'still staking hehe' when it was right up at 0.05... That was the implication that I drew from it, at least...

I've never seen the difficulty as high as it got, and it's making the annual interest ridiculously low... If that wasn't down to you, then as I said, apologies for making assumptions... But if it was, then please combine your blocks...
I just have a lot of big blocks ...that all staked
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:17:34 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2016, 08:03:43 PM by a_cat_named_joe

I was gonna stay out of this, as it's clearly a private dispute. But I have to say that the posts made by you vs. m33 don't paint  a very professional picture. Take this advice as at least worth what you paid for it, but it's from someone who has done customer service their entire life.

Some customers, despite what they might seem to those who know them, are idiots. Maybe not in all things, maybe not all the time. But there will be a time when you just get too pissed off at somebody to deal with them. So you don't. Not this way.

What would have profited you more was to apologize, restore his account, and PRIVATELY ask him to be a bit more sensitive to the situation. EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD CERTAIN THAT YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT. Why? Because if you respond as unprofessionally as you have, it makes YOU look like an asshole, even if you weren't. And it does make you look unstable.

I like your exchange. I don't do a lot of business there, and I mainly stay out of troll boxes as they are full of trolls. But if you'd banned me for ONE random comment, even a stupid one, I'd have been pissed off and sought out the competition. OTOH, if you'd have said something like "Biomech, please don't stir the pot", I'd have acknowledged it and moved on. Never gave it a second thought. Some places are more rowdy than others, and you cannot afford to take people personally if you're in business. And yes, I fully realize how hard that can be sometimes. Saying "Have a nice day" when your brain and gut are screaming "skin this fucker" is the mark of a professional. It's easy to conduct good business with easy people. They are not and never will be the test.

Here's the thing, and there's so much more to all of this than really feels appropriate to cover in this thread. I agree with everything you've said, were this another job, and I were working for someone else. But we're working for ourselves, and not for someone else, and we're not trying to be the "professional" exchange. Most of our users understand this, and I would even go as far as to bet as that's why a lot of them keep coming back.

Cryptsy were very professional in the way they told sa_ddam213 to go fuck himself when they lost his BTC 2 years ago (Not related to and separate to the current Cryptsy situation), and they've been very professional up until now, but I don't see anyone sitting around now saying "Yo know what? At least they were very professional about it all.".

So we're not professional, but what you see is exactly what you get with us, and we call it how we see it. We're building a community, and we've outlined rules, and people who don't uphold those rules aren't welcome. Some people use our site because of the coins we don't list, and the people we keep out. Why can't we have our own company culture? So what if you don't agree with it? We're not asking you to use our site, if you don't fit our community we don't even wan you to. Some people seem to struggle with that concept.

If you don't like us, go some where else. If you don't like anywhere else, make your own. If you can't, then deal with it. We're not trying to cater to everyone, we only wanted to make the site we ourselves wanted to use.

Hex, You do have the right to build your business to cater to whomever you please. I, Like biomech have been in customer service for decades, and I totally get what he is saying.  Most of us in small business wish to have as wide of a customer base as possible to maximize profitability.

There is nothing more humbling then telling someone who deserves a ‘kiss my ass and f*** off’ that you appreciate his concerns and will look at trying to improve the process. It is totally up to you if you want to ‘call it like you see it’ as you correctly say you tend to do, or take the more tactful line.  I can recite several instances where I have taken the high road, and have had customers I was ready to write off come back and apologize, and bring me more business.  Never would have happened if I had told them what was on my mind.

I would never suppose to tell you how to run your exchange. If you are comfortable where you are at, more power to you. I have not been offended, and I will still use your services. I know not to ‘poke the bear’.
The reason folks like myself and Biomech even bother to say anything? We see value in what you offer, and wish you the greatest success possible. If we can offer constructive help that costs you nothing, and it really does help, the desire is there to do so.  If on the other hand, you are dead set on doing things as described above, again, your choice. In either case, my vote of thanks was sincere.

If I were to ask for any consideration: I know we are all big boys and girls, but a few less F-bombs would be appreciated.  
Kindest Regards, Joebwan Kanobe.

All I would add to this debate is that we don't know the full story. Even the most professional of people can snap given the right amount of stress. Biomech, your advice is good solid advice given in what I imagine to be a relatively unstressful situation.

However, to my mind, that type of advice is best given in private considering the circumstances. To give it so publicly, as you have done, could even lead to you being considered unprofessional.

It's obvious that strong feelings are evident here. Let's not push people into corners where they might not belong. I suggest that we cool it and move on.

Yeah, I'll drop it. It was given while *I* was cool. I got no dog in the fight. Just a lot of experience with less than stellar intellects in customers Cheesy It's their business. And I like the place. No offense was intended, and maybe it should have been in private, but there seemed to be a war brewing that wasn't serving anyone.

Anyway, moving on.

Cat name Joe , I Guess you should have followed your own advice and inbox biomech than posting here !

No. Not at all. I guess that you guessed wrong (I'm always suspicious of newbie accounts who could very well be sock-puppets up to mischief, but I will take you at face value).

I felt it appropriate to post as I did. I don't assume any moral high ground, although I had previously responded to M33, the other party involved in the row, privately.
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:18:48 PM

Lamont Cranston....

Apologies if I was jumping to conclusions, but you did post that you started staking when the difficulty was at 0.02, and were 'still staking hehe' when it was right up at 0.05... That was the implication that I drew from it, at least...

I've never seen the difficulty as high as it got, and it's making the annual interest ridiculously low... If that wasn't down to you, then as I said, apologies for making assumptions... But if it was, then please combine your blocks...

But why did you continue to stake when the difficulty was zooming up and make a point of showing us all a graph of it doing so? That's like jumping off a skyscraper and shouting, "Look Ma, I'm flying!
JudgeDredd_

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:39:40 PM

Lamont Cranston....

But why did you continue to stake when the difficulty was zooming up and make a point of showing us all a graph of it doing so? That's like jumping off a skyscraper and shouting, "Look Ma, I'm flying!
Because, it was fun to watch the diff skyrocket to the moon.
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:53:30 PM

Ladies and Gentleman of the jury. You have heard the evidence. Now draw your own conclusions!
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 09:11:20 PM

you need to be FAST! to get these it is first come first serve!

somebody nabbed this one, it was up for an hour or more before it was cashed in i think. congrats.  stay tuned for another one soon

round # 2 is live!

The second 5k TEKcoin prize has been claimed

https://twitter.com/TEKcoins/status/705493337327816704
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:29:03 PM

The second 5k TEKcoin prize has been claimed

Kool Smiley
Joebwan

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 11:53:42 PM

Lamont Cranston....

Because, it was fun to watch the diff skyrocket to the moon.
Golly you two, get a room!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Betgurujackg

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:01:05 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 04:20:00 AM by Betgurujackg

Cat name Joe , I Guess you should have followed your own advice and inbox biomech than posting here !

No. Not at all. I guess that you guessed wrong (I'm always suspicious of newbie accounts who could very well be sock-puppets up to mischief, but I will take you at face value).

I felt it appropriate to post as I did. I don't assume any moral high ground, although I had previously responded to M33, the other party involved in the row, privately.
[/quote]

Sorry about the new account lost my passwords when I sold my laptop forgot to take out the passwords, but I did talk with Joe private but since u post it would seem you didn't mine

But I do have a tek address which shows I have been here since 2014
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 04:56:43 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 05:36:53 AM by a_cat_named_joe

(Misquote deleted)

Sorry about the new account lost my passwords when I sold my laptop forgot to take out the passwords, but I did talk with Joe private but since u post it would seem you didn't mine

You don't have to apologise for losing your laptop, but if you are quoting me, please take the necessary care to quote me correctly. I'm assuming that you are, or were M33. I haven't received any further private messages from you since I last sent you a private message.

I think we've heard from both sides loud and clear in your war with Cryptopia and people will have formed their own opinions by now. I have nothing further to add.
Betgurujackg

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:44:25 AM

(Misquote deleted)

You don't have to apologise for losing your laptop, but if you are quoting me, please take the necessary care to quote me correctly. I'm assuming that you are, or were M33. I haven't received any further private messages from you since I last sent you a private message.

I think we've heard from both sides loud and clear in your war with Cryptopia and people will have formed their own opinions by now. I have nothing further to add.

Mr cat me no apologies, meaning lost in translation, I was say I'm here long time to know biomech he not dev but coin got problem he help fix if he got something to say here , he have right to speak freely here , not right or wrong but merit have , but you must not correct him public but like u say in inbox but you no inbox , m33 who I don't care , I in negotiations with Vegas for coin , but this coin outside cryptopia problem so I not buy more maybe m33 save me maybe not , cryptopia good place but fly coin outside tx fee kill it , I only can hope you can understand 10% I happy already, mr cat me not against you but speak with Biomech with respect he help here many maybe u don't know but now u now . I also nothing more need say , may we grow stronger together from other ppl mistakes
Joebwan

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:34:46 PM

Diff .0140 keep an eye on it!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:44:21 PM

(Misquote deleted)

Mr cat me no apologies, meaning lost in translation, I was say I'm here long time to know biomech he not dev but coin got problem he help fix if he got something to say here , he have right to speak freely here , not right or wrong but merit have , but you must not correct him public but like u say in inbox but you no inbox , m33 who I don't care , I in negotiations with Vegas for coin , but this coin outside cryptopia problem so I not buy more maybe m33 save me maybe not , cryptopia good place but fly coin outside tx fee kill it , I only can hope you can understand 10% I happy already, mr cat me not against you but speak with Biomech with respect he help here many maybe u don't know but now u now . I also nothing more need say , may we grow stronger together from other ppl mistakes

First, let me say that I have a great deal of respect for Biomech. Very early on he struck me as being a very savvy and level-headed individual. The high standard of his contributions was one of the reasons why I originally decided to invest in HoboNickels and then Tek. But that doesn't mean I can't have a difference of opinion with him. Biomech spoke publicly with a comprehensive post containing lots of good advice. I felt it appropriate to publicly suggest that one particular aspect of it might have handled differently. Biomech's stated purpose was to defuse the situation. So was mine by trying to maintain what I saw as a balance.

Most of us here are hidden from public view behind the usernames we sign up with. If we are criticised, sometimes it can cause an affront, but ideally, at the end of the day it should be like water off a duck's back. It shouldn't affect us in our everyday lives. Cryptopia is different.

Cryptopia is upfront, in full view and can't hide. Any adverse criticism could affect their business and the livelihood's of people employed by it. It could also affect the investment options and opportunities of Tek investors and those who deal with other coins on that exchange, and those who might use Cryptopia in the future. I feel very protective towards our exchanges. I believe that the ones who are a threat to the banking world will eventually become targets, if they aren't already. By targets, I mean targets of the banksters, possibly rival businesses and others with ulterior motives.

Cryptopia are pioneers who with their numerous multi-coin pairings and unique services, together with their location in New Zealand, in my opinion, are an exchange that should be encouraged. Like Biomech, I would have wished that certain Cryptopia staff members would have expressed themselves a little differently, but I could understand why strong words were used. I felt that they were vulnerable so I added my voice to those speaking up for them. I didn't voice it at the time, but I considered your attack on them to be not only out-of-proportion and unwarranted, but also cowardly with you hiding behind your M33 persona.

In the UK there are laws coming out against people who hide behind 'anonymous' profiles who unfairly attack people on social media such as Facebook. Your motive was to try to destroy someone's business/livelihood all because you were banned from a chat room. You continue to try to open the sore that was healing by trying to drive a wedge between Biomech and myself who are merely bystanders.

You publicly refer to a private message I sent to you suggesting that a simple apology might resolve the situation between Cryptopia and yourself. Here is what I wrote to you:

"Thanks for your message explaining your position further. What is obvious here is that some raw nerves have been touched upon on both sides. In those circumstances it is understandable that there is a danger of overraction, afterall, that is what human beings are prone to do in such circumstances. With respect, I believe that is what has happened here.

Hot words in a chat room are essentially a storm in a teacup and, in my humble opinion, should have stayed there. Step back and take personal feelings out of the equation. Look at the situation as a observer and not as a heated combatant. I would ask that you put yourself into Cryptopia's shoes.

• If Cryptopia had gone to your boss and told him that you were unstable, rode roughshod over people and implied that you stole money, how would you have felt?
  • How would you have felt if it was proclaimed publicly to the whole world, to your friends, colleague's, neighbours?
  • How would you have felt if your business was also put in jeopardy?

Pretty angry I am sure. Again, whatever the rights and wrong of the ban were, I believe you overreacted and that an apology is due. I would hope that now that the dust has settled, you come some way towards the same conclusion. Whether you do it, or not, it is for you to decide.

Other than that, I wish you well,
CNJ"

Finally, you make a big thing about not criticising people in public. Perhaps you should have thought about that in the first place when you started your vindictive attack on Cryptopia.
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

Yes, you are right. Let's keep our eyes on the ball.
Betgurujackg

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:04:27 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 09:25:26 PM by Betgurujackg

really i have no idea why u would think me m33 , but your letter to m33 , if that was what you wrote , than you are truly one sided , you view on this are pro cryptpia , that is why i only inbox joe cause his view was centered with pros and con , and not you , me cat so all things that u say will be discounted to me ,not matter how long a page you write , so far i have learn a few things from this , and it would seems the person involved has move on , only you still around this issue ,
u mr cat , think that biomech , should have inbox hex privately , but u yourself did no do this inbox biomech , like m33 inbox u ,so how should we think of you , when u knew what was right but u did other wise
im moving on , there is notthing more to be learn from u .
Betgurujackg

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:27:07 PM

still too high ,

but  price on yobit for tak is better
Joebwan

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 09:40:25 PM

still too high ,

but  price on yobit for tak is better

Tek price is creeping up.  The disparity between bid and ask is widening. Have to attribute some of that to diminished supply. Since we are not staking so much that is.

Diff still slowly falling. .01365

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:46:09 PM

<snip>

First, let me say that I have a great deal of respect for Biomech. Very early on he struck me as being a very savvy and level-headed individual. The high standard of his contributions was one of the reasons why I originally decided to invest in HoboNickels and then Tek. But that doesn't mean I can't have a difference of opinion with him. Biomech spoke publicly with a comprehensive post containing lots of good advice. I felt it appropriate to publicly suggest that one particular aspect of it might have handled differently. Biomech's stated purpose was to defuse the situation. So was mine by trying to maintain what I saw as a balance.

Most of us here are hidden from public view behind the usernames we sign up with. If we are criticised, sometimes it can cause an affront, but ideally, at the end of the day it should be like water off a duck's back. It shouldn't affect us in our everyday lives. Cryptopia is different.

Cryptopia is upfront, in full view and can't hide. Any adverse criticism could affect their business and the livelihood's of people employed by it. It could also affect the investment options and opportunities of Tek investors and those who deal with other coins on that exchange, and those who might use Cryptopia in the future. I feel very protective towards our exchanges. I believe that the ones who are a threat to the banking world will eventually become targets, if they aren't already. By targets, I mean targets of the banksters, possibly rival businesses and others with ulterior motives.

</snip>

Finally, you make a big thing about not criticising people in public. Perhaps you should have thought about that in the first place when you started your vindictive attack on Cryptopia.

I was planning to just leave it to die, but it keeps going Cheesy I took no offense at your correction. I failed to think it through, and yes, I should have done it by PM. I'm actually quite happy with Cryptopia. Easy to use, easy to read (which is not something you can always say about exchanges) and pretty responsive. I did think that their public response was a bit over the top, and I thought to give them some CS advice based on my own experience and hot temper. (yes, despite what it sometimes seems here, I have a VERY hot temper). You were right. It should have either been general (not a reply) or done in private.

As to the gentleman stepping to my defense, thanks, but I can handle my own affairs and I'm perfectly fine with someone disagreeing with me. I'd rather be told that I'm screwing up than someone blowing sunshine up my ass. Errors can be corrected if you're aware of them. Now, can we all just let this die? Nobody will ever be perfect. What I said, as mentioned, was intended to defuse, so, let's let it defuse, eh?
a_cat_named_joe

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:32:35 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2016, 02:44:33 PM by a_cat_named_joe

@ Biomech

Thanks. The tone and content of your post are appreciated. Let's hope your intervention, as a well-respected member of the community, does indeed defuse the situation between the parties involved.
Pages: « 1 ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: