Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:37:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:18:19 PM

URGENT!!  Please Help!

I have Kaspersky Internet Security.  It has never done anything for me (I guess that's a good thing) until today.  I get home and it tells me it detected PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic in my texcoin-qt.exe.  Wallet was running, now it's not.  Icon/Application is gone.  My only options were disinfect and restart or disinfect without restarting.  No other way to close the alert dialogue box.  Opened Kaspersky but it is not in quarantine.  I have not taken action yet.  No AV or security application I have ever had has done anything other than quarantine without my express permission.  Has always been reversible.  I have searched entire computer for files with the words "tekcoin", "tekcoin-qt.exe", and "wallet".  Nothing is found.  My newest wallet.bak, on another drive, is months old.  If all I can do is re-download a new wallet and use my wallet.bak file, then will I get all my TEK back, just the TEK I had back in August, or is it all gone?

Sincerely

First, don't panic. Panic causes more problems than it solves.

Next, go to folder options and on the view tab, make sure "view hidden files and folders" is checked.

Then go to user\username\roaming\appdata and look for tekcoin folder. If it's there, navigate to it. Copy wallet.dat to a safe location. This will be your most up to date wallet.

If it's not there, go ahead and use your backup. In most cases, you'll recover everything unless you have some new keys. This is not guaranteed, however, so take this as a lesson to REGULARLY backup your wallet.dat file.

I'd also recommend before doing any of this that you do a hard reset (power off) and see if everything clears up. This could just be Windows being its ugly self.

Sounds likes Kaspersky deleted the tekcoin-qt.exe  ,
few extra tips after you follow Biomech instructions and get a current backup of your wallet.
While working with it right click on Kaspersky in the lower right hand corner of the Screen and pause protection
Then redownload the Tekcoin-qt.exe file, then
exclude it from Kaspersky
https://support.kaspersky.com/us/11386

After excluding, Resume protection.

FYI:
If by some strange quirk, the tekcoin folder is missing from under roaming
Use http://www.shadowexplorer.com/ and see if their a shadow backup of it.

Hmmn. Tekcoin used to generate virus alerts from Kaspersky, but Noise23 offered a release that fixed the issue about a year ago iirc. At the time various posters claimed that the alerts were false positives, but they provided no evidence. It is hard to know without seeing the source code and the code in question was all compiled.

I did get Kaspersky virus alerts for Tekcoin back then but I do not get them now. On my machine, Kaspersky makes no objection to the wallet v2.4.1.0-TEK that I believe came from the OP here.

So - proceed with caution, especially if this was not a typo in the original note: "texcoin-qt.exe" (x for k) and/or if you got the wallet recently or from some third-party source.

I hope that makes sense.

tl/dr I run Tekcoin and Kaspersky with no issues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aSmallChild666

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:13:37 PM

Next, go to folder options and on the view tab, make sure "view hidden files and folders" is checked.

Then go to user\username\roaming\appdata and look for tekcoin folder. If it's there, navigate to it. Copy wallet.dat to a safe location. This will be your most up to date wallet.

If it's not there, go ahead and use your backup. In most cases, you'll recover everything unless you have some new keys. This is not guaranteed, however, so take this as a lesson to REGULARLY backup your wallet.dat file.

I'd also recommend before doing any of this that you do a hard reset (power off) and see if everything clears up. This could just be Windows being its ugly self.

Thanks Biomech

I don't panic, and because I'm in crypto I have learned to accept losses, even total.  I guess my search parameters were incorrect in the beginning but I did end up finding the folder with my latest wallet.dat before I got your response and it was exactly where you said.  Thank you for your prompt reply.  I guess just downloading the wallet and replacing its virgin wallet.dat with the one I just backed up is all I need to do.  Is that it or do I have to copy any other of the associated files from the roaming folder?  Will my password be attached to the wallet.dat or to something else?

Thanks
Joebwan

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:52:45 PM

First, don't panic. Panic causes more problems than it solves.....

Awe come on Biomech! I find that panic, waving of arms and screaming like a little girl is quite satisfying! You should try it.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:26:30 AM

First, don't panic. Panic causes more problems than it solves.....

Awe come on Biomech! I find that panic, waving of arms and screaming like a little girl is quite satisfying! You should try it.

No thanks. My wife does it enough for the entire Irish race.

Thanks Biomech

I don't panic, and because I'm in crypto I have learned to accept losses, even total.  I guess my search parameters were incorrect in the beginning but I did end up finding the folder with my latest wallet.dat before I got your response and it was exactly where you said.  Thank you for your prompt reply.  I guess just downloading the wallet and replacing its virgin wallet.dat with the one I just backed up is all I need to do.  Is that it or do I have to copy any other of the associated files from the roaming folder?  Will my password be attached to the wallet.dat or to something else?

Thanks

All keys and passwords are in wallet.dat. It's the only file that matters Cheesy

But if the AV killed the client, but everything was fine before hand, I'd just leave it be other than making damn sure you have wallet.dat backed up. The rest of that folder is the blockchain and your personal index of it. If it DOES hose up again, then, yeah, delete everything after you've safely backed up wallet.dat, let it resynch from zero (a rather time consuming process on TEK's chain) and then replace the newly generated wallet.dat with your backup.
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:07:46 PM

Good advice Biomech about not panicking. Panicking often leads to actions that end up wiping out any hope of recovering lost crypto coins. Always back up your wallets at least once a day. Another real good idea that I have found is to back up wallet just before you send coin to another address. Sometimes glitches on the network can cause your transaction to fail. If this happens and your wallet says the coin is gone and the coin network says there is no record of transaction the transaction will be unconfirmed. To fix this if you have backed up the wallet before sending all you have to do is restore the backup wallet and everything will be back the way it was before the bad transaction. I have prevented losses on two occasions by doing this.

It might be a good idea to put an automatic backup function in the wallet anytime someone sends coins. What do think?

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 08:00:52 PM

Good advice Biomech about not panicking. Panicking often leads to actions that end up wiping out any hope of recovering lost crypto coins. Always back up your wallets at least once a day. Another real good idea that I have found is to back up wallet just before you send coin to another address. Sometimes glitches on the network can cause your transaction to fail. If this happens and your wallet says the coin is gone and the coin network says there is no record of transaction the transaction will be unconfirmed. To fix this if you have backed up the wallet before sending all you have to do is restore the backup wallet and everything will be back the way it was before the bad transaction. I have prevented losses on two occasions by doing this.

It might be a good idea to put an automatic backup function in the wallet anytime someone sends coins. What do think?

I don't see that as a particularly good idea as a default. But having it as an option, maybe even a popup, sounds like a pretty decent idea.

The reason I don't think it should be automatic is that the level of expertise in crypto is immensely variable. Every day I see people making the simplest mistakes, and they are not stupid people. The more automated things become, the easier it becomes to irretrievably screw things up. But it it were an 'expert' option, yes, I think that would be a good utility.

Or, perhaps, an external script? That way nobody would do it by accident or overwrite wallet.dat or some such noise, and the daemon is perfectly capable of pulling a wallet backup from API command.
Enema

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:20:54 PM

What is max coin age ?

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 02:49:43 AM

What is max coin age ?

90 days
pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1460
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:49:59 AM

what is happend after this time with the coins ?
no automatic reorganisation ?

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:14:39 PM

If I understand correctly, it just stops gaining interest at that point.
evalis

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 04:48:40 PM

From my experience, blocks stop gaining weight after 90 days, but still get the interest past that. I staked some 97 day old blocks this month and got the extra interest for those 7 days. If you look at block 1542168 and do the math, you get a good example of why waiting for lowest diff and adding your interest is better than compounding at a higher diff.
Enema

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:44:51 PM

From my experience, blocks stop gaining weight after 90 days, but still get the interest past that. I staked some 97 day old blocks this month and got the extra interest for those 7 days. If you look at block 1542168 and do the math, you get a good example of why waiting for lowest diff and adding your interest is better than compounding at a higher diff.
Well that would be great.
I also staked some older then 90 days, not sure how many days exactly, but it was worth the wait.
Suddenly my wallet doubled in size and I was warped into the top 100 rich list.
I guess the micro staker was off line or did some staking himself.
Now diff is very high again.

Normally coins stop gaining weight and often interest will be 0%.

vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:17:11 PM

After max coin age for stake - just stop increase coins weight (probability of stake). Interest do not stop increase.
This parameter important only for high difficulty coins like HYP or for small transactions in TEK. (microstake)

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 05:20:24 AM

Mandatory update hardfork incoming use version 2.4.1.0 Thanks Noise23

Source:  https://github.com/maxxine/TEK

TEKcoin windows wallet https://mega.nz/#!vRBD2BTS!-I1YcIvsIh7Jw_hJ7KS4l6L9zVUPLJPKzR8n1R5WZmc

might want to be careful sending coins around for a bit it looks like many people are still running old versions
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 09:26:41 AM

TEKcoin windows wallet https://mega.nz/#!vRBD2BTS!-I1YcIvsIh7Jw_hJ7KS4l6L9zVUPLJPKzR8n1R5WZmc

might want to be careful sending coins around for a bit it looks like many people are still running old versions
I have problems making my hardfork.

I am afraid of a continuous hardfork going on
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:51:18 PM

I have problems making my hardfork.

I am afraid of a continuous hardfork going on

Not sure what you're saying. All you need to do is download or compile the new client. After the fork, the old ones won't work, they'll be excluded from the network. Generally a few days of chaos because people don't pay attention, but that's it.
madmack1

Activity: 157
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 07:42:55 PM

Has the hardfork happened today?
vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 11:45:09 PM

This hardfork not really hardfork, because no changes in blockchain, only in client.

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:10:00 AM

This hardfork not really hardfork, because no changes in blockchain, only in client.

Not quite the case.

The client will no longer allow microstaking, AND it will exclude all clients older than the new revision. so if you're running the old wallet after today, and it does manage to synch, it will be on a fork. There was no major revision to the protocol, but it's still a true hard fork.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 01:55:33 AM

Good work thundertoe, thanks Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: