Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:05:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 239 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin [RVN] PoW GPU Mining | Asset Transfer Blockchain (Updated ANN)  (Read 1170195 times)
pengi

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:55:07 AM

Question regarding Virtopia, I've been mining there with a 6 x 1060 rig, getting an average of 80 raven p/day with hash rates on the site on average 20 Mhps.

Has anyone got stats then can enlighten me with, or is Virtopia not paying correctly? Superminer is outputting on average 40 Mhps.

Its to low..  i think 150-180 with 6x1060.
So you are earning 1 $ a day with 6 gpu.. lol thats crazy. Electricity is more than 1$ a day ,so you are losing money every day?

It is normal for virtopia and other small pools. One day you hit 80 ravens the other day 200. This is a problem of smaller pools. When they don't hit a block, you'll not get paid. When a block is hit, you get paid after a block confirmation. When virtopia hits a difficult block, there is a longer period until you get paid, when it hits less difficult block, payments are more often.

I will try to calculate it for you, but those numbers are only rough estimates. Let's say the actual total hashrate on network is 1,200Th/s. Difficulty is adjusted so, that a block should be hit every minute. Meaning that all the pools get their share of blocks from the network according to their hashpower.  Let's say virtopia has hashrate 6.5 GH/s (last time i checked yesterday). 1200 / 6.5 ~ 185 So a block should be hit every 185 minutes on virtopia. When you get a block with difficulty 200% you have to multiply this number by 2 * 185 = 370 minutes and so on. If you hit a block with difficulty of 500% you won't get paid for almost 16 hours. However if you hit easy blocks with difficulty less then 100% you will get paid more then what you should be paid on average. Your hashrate is 20 MH/s, from the pools hashrate 6.5MH/s it is 1/325.  Virtopias pool fee is 1% So when a block is hit, 4950 ravens are distributed to the miners. With your hashrate of 20MH/s you should get 4950/325 = 15.23 Ravens per block, so only about 5 blocks have been hit during the last 24 hours that takes it to the 80 mentioned ravens per day. Those calculations might be a bit off, but you should be able to calculate the average from actual hashrate on network, pool and your rig.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freddyk

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 02:34:12 PM

I am not seeing any manipulation in this. Very low volumes traded, the gap between bids and asks are not moving much at all. So for it to jump up to 320 is not that big of a surprise. I bought some the other day at 250. Had a bid in the day before at less than that and nobody wanted to sell that low.

Look at the coin volumes over the past week, almost nothing.

Why buy 320. 2 million coins, if right here and now sell for 250, not tomorrow . That kind of nonsense? Who's trolling ?

Raise the purchase price by 10-20 Satoshi-miners will bring you as much as you want . The miners make 7.6 million coins a day! Buy no problem how many you want! Why at the price of 250 to buy 320? 2 million coins !

With that same logic you can ask: Why are people buying now at 250 while they could at 200 a few days ago... or why are people selling at 250 while they could sell at more then 300 a few weeks ago but didn't.

Let me say this about that 2 million buy. If it was a manipulation, it did not work Smiley

I think it was someone who bought all coins from 250 to 320  because he/she thought the price would rise higher then 320 after  a big buy like that. Don't forget  that in the hours before around 5 orders of 1 million each were driving the price up from below 200 to 250.

I'm not talking about a few days ago , I'm talking about buying for 320, when no problem selling for 250 . Now, not a few days ago!Put 260-you immediately sell, and do not spend extra money . There is no commercial logic here ,except to manipulate the course .
And never after such a candle the price did not trade higher, open trades and see for yourself .Yes, the price rises and some time trade, but never rose above . Almost every day, at 4 or 6 or 8 in the morning(UTC+3) there is such manipulation .

Don't know what you are talking about. At Crypto Bridge there were no trades higher then around 265...

You see the date of the post about the 320 ? After a week write to himself that it was not 265 , and the max was 212 . Why are you so blind and do not want to watch trading chart ? Do not want to see ,do not want to think ,do not want to analyze .
Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:05:45 AM

There is an article that says Patrick Byrne from Overstock invested a lot of money in this coin. Is it true? This is a POW coin so the question is when did he make that investment? When it was on exchanges?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLUshd-b6Lc  skip to 1:15

Above is the link to an interview with Patrick Byrne, before Ravencoin was on any exchanges, and it is not the only time he's spoken of Ravencoin. Overstock has spent Millions in TEAMS, that is way bigger and more significant in the mid-long run than actually buying it. In addition to that he publicly stated that they are mining it and have "65 million about a month ago" (I am quite sure that number has doubled at least since then. Plus add the fact that most probably t0 will be the platform to trade RVN assets on. When the time comes do not think for a moment that a company like overstock will let millions in investment die. They will spend many more millions to make it work, in addition to the fact that it is one of THE best open-source projects out there.

Keep in mind they also know when not to throw good money after bad money. For now it's a good indicator that Raven has a future, but it is not a guarantee only because Overstock is in there. Being on t0 is good as that means a lot of exposure.

3rdGen

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:49:34 AM

Question regarding Virtopia, I've been mining there with a 6 x 1060 rig, getting an average of 80 raven p/day with hash rates on the site on average 20 Mhps.

Has anyone got stats then can enlighten me with, or is Virtopia not paying correctly? Superminer is outputting on average 40 Mhps.

Using hashrate as a method of comparison when talking about x16r isn't really enlighting! Tongue
But your average payout per day seems very low, is it an average of the last week or so?

For comparison, I run a 1080ti and a 1070ti and getting 190RVN / day on suprnova. If you insist on the hashrate though, I'd say I am running at about 32-33 mh/s on average.

Agreed, hence the reason for averages on both miner/pool and payout cause it all has an impact.

I wish it was only a week, it's been about 3 weeks now. I was giving it the benefit of the doubt, being a smaller pool and wanting to contribute towards the distribution of hashrate. But it would seem this has bitten me on the bum.

I'm curious as to what is causing this though, if they were doing this to more people they would not have any miners. I wonder if it has something to do with suprminer 1.6 on thier pool?

3rdGen

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:57:22 AM

Its to low..  i think 150-180 with 6x1060.
So you are earning 1 $ a day with 6 gpu.. lol thats crazy. Electricity is more than 1$ a day ,so you are losing money every day?

It is normal for virtopia and other small pools. One day you hit 80 ravens the other day 200. This is a problem of smaller pools. When they don't hit a block, you'll not get paid. When a block is hit, you get paid after a block confirmation. When virtopia hits a difficult block, there is a longer period until you get paid, when it hits less difficult block, payments are more often.

I will try to calculate it for you, but those numbers are only rough estimates. Let's say the actual total hashrate on network is 1,200Th/s. Difficulty is adjusted so, that a block should be hit every minute. Meaning that all the pools get their share of blocks from the network according to their hashpower.  Let's say virtopia has hashrate 6.5 GH/s (last time i checked yesterday). 1200 / 6.5 ~ 185 So a block should be hit every 185 minutes on virtopia. When you get a block with difficulty 200% you have to multiply this number by 2 * 185 = 370 minutes and so on. If you hit a block with difficulty of 500% you won't get paid for almost 16 hours. However if you hit easy blocks with difficulty less then 100% you will get paid more then what you should be paid on average. Your hashrate is 20 MH/s, from the pools hashrate 6.5MH/s it is 1/325.  Virtopias pool fee is 1% So when a block is hit, 4950 ravens are distributed to the miners. With your hashrate of 20MH/s you should get 4950/325 = 15.23 Ravens per block, so only about 5 blocks have been hit during the last 24 hours that takes it to the 80 mentioned ravens per day. Those calculations might be a bit off, but you should be able to calculate the average from actual hashrate on network, pool and your rig.

Thanks for the in depth reply mate, yeah this is why I let it run for a few weeks. They have the loyalty reward system, which I was allowing to kick in also. But this seems to be ridiculous never was the pool paying out more then 100 raven a day, I've now switched to Minepool to give them a run and already they are paying out 200 raven a day, nothing changed except the pool.

Minepools average hash rate is matching my miners hash rate and my miner has consistent shares with only .05% rejected. It would seem to me that Virtopia either is being dodgy or the miner and Virtopia are not communicating correctly.
3rdGen

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:51:44 AM

Its to low..  i think 150-180 with 6x1060.

Cheers, I thought so as well. But a lot of investments might not have a good return in the short term. I don't mine to sell now Wink
Aismen

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:12:44 AM

rvnstats.info died.
rennest

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:16:55 PM

rvnstats.info died.
seems ok for me
Lionedi

Activity: 375
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:27:55 PM

rvnstats.info died.
seems ok for me

but this is not good news for many others except you. I do not know how to react.

blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:58:24 PM

as somebody that has mined this coin from the cpu days, i have to say the future is bleak for this coin. it hurts to say that, because bruce fenton gave everybody such high hopes for this project. YES patrick byrne mined this coin (if you think he doesnt have a 1000gpu farm, youre confused) that doesnt inherently mean he invested any fiat. with a daily inflation of about 7 million coins, his inital mine of 60 million really isnt much. also, the chain is supposed to secure assets. bruce claimed securities will be transfared on this chain, and that people will be able to use the platform to create them. WAVES has its mainnet up, POLY has a working product, there are some other projects out there as well. the reason i bring up polymath is PATRICK BYRNE, OSTOCK, AND BRUCE FENTON ARE ADVISORS FOR POLYMATH. polymath is also secured by the ethereum network with is magnitudes stronger than rvn. if you think the development of the coin has the miners in mind, again, youre confused. these big money dudes are investing in all projects (bruce fenton campaigned to be an EOS block producer - YES that shitcoin) THESE PEOPLE JUST WANT MONEY, THEY ARE GOING TO LEAVE YOU WITH BAGS. i sold out reasonably well, i just dont want others to jump into a coin with no future. no future? yes, because no major company will secure their assets on a chain worth less than their company. on the other side of the tracks, if you have many small businesses that are tokenized on the chain, but the chain is worth less than the valuation of the companies. you have a  problem. anybody can goto nicehash(when they get more hash) and 51% a weak chain like rvn if there is an incentive. i just told you why they would be incentivized.

You say you mined Ravencoin from the cpu days, but you do not seem to know much about Ravencoin

in addition 1.95 TH/s is not a weak chain, that's equivalent to about 100000 1080 ti's which will cost you roughly 80 000 000$, you would have to spend tens millions to attack Raven at the current network hashrate, plus you would get nothing.

...you clearly never heard of nicehash.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:00:26 PM

as somebody that has mined this coin from the cpu days, i have to say the future is bleak for this coin. it hurts to say that, because bruce fenton gave everybody such high hopes for this project. YES patrick byrne mined this coin (if you think he doesnt have a 1000gpu farm, youre confused) that doesnt inherently mean he invested any fiat. with a daily inflation of about 7 million coins, his inital mine of 60 million really isnt much. also, the chain is supposed to secure assets. bruce claimed securities will be transfared on this chain, and that people will be able to use the platform to create them. WAVES has its mainnet up, POLY has a working product, there are some other projects out there as well. the reason i bring up polymath is PATRICK BYRNE, OSTOCK, AND BRUCE FENTON ARE ADVISORS FOR POLYMATH. polymath is also secured by the ethereum network with is magnitudes stronger than rvn. if you think the development of the coin has the miners in mind, again, youre confused. these big money dudes are investing in all projects (bruce fenton campaigned to be an EOS block producer - YES that shitcoin) THESE PEOPLE JUST WANT MONEY, THEY ARE GOING TO LEAVE YOU WITH BAGS. i sold out reasonably well, i just dont want others to jump into a coin with no future. no future? yes, because no major company will secure their assets on a chain worth less than their company. on the other side of the tracks, if you have many small businesses that are tokenized on the chain, but the chain is worth less than the valuation of the companies. you have a  problem. anybody can goto nicehash(when they get more hash) and 51% a weak chain like rvn if there is an incentive. i just told you why they would be incentivized.

Are you that hater dude that when crazy on the first board?  You sound like it.

I think you're talking about Kai. Haven't heard abbout that guy since the discords split. Enjoy your bags. Ur holding the next hush.
spykerhond

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:38:28 PM

increase the pay somehow and the miners will mine this coin.
Chatturga

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:55:45 PM
Merited by BiteByte (1)

Hello, everyone.  I bring exciting news about the asset layer! Assuming that everything goes smoothly, the binaries  to test the asset layer on testnet will be available for download on July 30th.  Additionally, the target date for mainnet release has been tentatively set for October 31st.  These dates give the community time to find any issues and for PR's to be processed - with October 31st also being the 1 year anniversary of the first Medium article about Ravencoin.  
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:00:26 PM

I think Tron Black's participation in upcoming in digital currency con over the the next 2 days as speaker will bring Ravencoin into light. Lot of people still don't know about this project and its goals. The fastest growing numbers of fancy projects have made difficult for people to reach out to true and best projects like Ravencoin. Other fact is missing of speculation which may be not making it attractive for some people.
Under_RVN

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 09:32:52 PM

rvnstats.info died.
seems ok for me

but this is not good news for many others except you. I do not know how to react.

Temporarily https://ravencoin.network/stats is a decent alternative.
BiteByte

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

+Merit NOW or I kung fu you

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 12:19:42 AM

Hello, everyone.  I bring exciting news about the asset layer! Assuming that everything goes smoothly, the binaries  to test the asset layer on testnet will be available for download on July 30th.  Additionally, the target date for mainnet release has been tentatively set for October 31st.  These dates give the community time to find any issues and for PR's to be processed - with October 31st also being the 1 year anniversary of the first Medium article about Ravencoin.  

Cheers Mate!

For those that didn't know Chatturga is a RVN dev.

Ravencoin (RVN) Decentralised: RHE9Pys8aQ47G28PYhC2umaT7ouNvtpXkU
Hanacoin (HANA) Centralised: HJzbjF8YUcETVB6K23o84aRY7wBirzJNrr
Both can work
Under_RVN

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 12:21:52 AM

Hello !
In preparation for the upcoming assets launch on testnet,
I'm happy to announce that the testnet explorer is available now at https://testnet.ravencoin.network
Hopefully, this will be a valuable tool for you to use as you experiment with asset transference.

If you value these explorer services I develop and run, please considering donating to:

RD7yadeCvSDs4fCbEPuHstU3GHbiS7ao9q

to ensure their sustainable and continued operation. Thanks and enjoy!
Mavzi

Activity: 194

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:22:21 AM

The biggest part of the project would definetly be the community. Let's hold and go to the moon!
mayorpretty30

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:53:45 AM

what is the distribution method for this token?
Aismen

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:03:01 AM

what is the distribution method for this token?

mining or buying
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 239 »
  Print  

Jump to: