Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 171793 times)
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:10:28 AM

piratebay was raided and taken offline by police. Prepare to become extremely rich with providing the alternative.

Can you do it? We count on you!

DTC is needed for torrents. This is such a golden project you can't even imagine.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
annafreud

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:54:11 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 08:16:48 PM by annafreud

Is there a nice, complete list of dependencies for the Datacoin fork on GitHub?  I'm stuck in dependency hell just trying to get it working.

As far as I see DTC is working fine.
List of dependencies is the same as for Bitcoin + libgmp-dev.
Are you trying to compile it or something else?

Here is an actual repo with new working seed nodes: https://github.com/datacoin-project/datacoin
annafreud

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

piratebay was raided and taken offline by police. Prepare to become extremely rich with providing the alternative.

DTC is needed for torrents. This is such a golden project you can't even imagine.

Definitely.
A related discussion has been started today at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Datacoin/comments/2ovhqz/unless_i_am_misunderstanding_something_datacoin/
You are welcome to join Wink
homo homini lupus

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:30:15 PM

Definitely.
A related discussion has been started today at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Datacoin/comments/2ovhqz/unless_i_am_misunderstanding_something_datacoin/
You are welcome to join Wink

reddit buggs for me. Can't register somehow.

But datacoin is golden, golden, golden because of an hardcore usecase and potential enormous demand i can tell you that. Go DTC!
mstfck

Activity: 79

I was hacked. Sorry for any scam that occured.

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:50:55 PM

Yes, a torrent system based on Datacoin would be amazing, even though there is other alternatives. It is worth it because it is raw data in the blockchain, not metadata.

I was inactive on this forum and apparently someone got my credentials and used my account in scams.
I have changed the password and I am sorry for any scam that occured.
MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 10:01:17 AM

http://dtc.graymines.net/index.php?id=blocks still up, it costs me 60$/month so I will move it to much cheaper server before and of 2014.

Well, I see alot of power added to network last days (solo or other mine) :-)

Good for DTC!

Please guys contact bter or other exchanges, we have to make noise to be listened!
Without exchange DTC is dead :-/

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:09:56 AM

TPB event is an open door for DTC
Storj provides the (physicals) HDD, but DTC is the data (particularly the index keys for finding on StorJ)
efforts could be combined

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
mstfck

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:34:40 PM

TPB event is an open door for DTC
Storj provides the (physicals) HDD, but DTC is the data (particularly the index keys for finding on StorJ)
efforts could be combined

No. First Storj version used DTC yes, but they have moved to Florincoin, and before final release I believe Factom will be used.

I was inactive on this forum and apparently someone got my credentials and used my account in scams.
annafreud

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:42:22 PM

http://dtc.graymines.net/index.php?id=blocks still up, it costs me 60$/month so I will move it to much cheaper server before and of 2014.

Well, I see alot of power added to network last days (solo or other mine) :-)

Good for DTC!

Please guys contact bter or other exchanges, we have to make noise to be listened!

Working pool is a great news. I've sent a link to reddit. Does it work with CPU miners?

Coins-e seems to still work with DTC:
https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/DTC_BTC/

I've contacted bter. We have an ongoing discussion but they still don't tell symptoms of the problem they have.
dlightman

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:25:31 PM

Yes, a torrent system based on Datacoin would be amazing, even though there is other alternatives. It is worth it because it is raw data in the blockchain, not metadata.

I've started a year ago implementing torrent catalog inside Datacoin blockchain. You can see some drafts using oocook5u's datacoin-browser in testnet: http://localhost:8080/dtc-testnet/get/ad4f39667cbdccc51da2bdbe857e036d62ee6240005d554ac614cddf8f1cc20d (wait until it will reach 21340th block). You need to run dtc-http-server.pl to check this.

I think this is the time to restart this work from scratch. Here is my proposal:

In order to have a censorship protected torrent catalog we have to create database that consists of entries of the following structure:

1. magnet link
2. creative work metadata (movie title, actors, ...)
3. torrent metadata (video quality, video length, codec, ...)

Creative work metadata are widely presented in the Web and I don't think we have to copy them into the blockchain. We can use linked data instead: links to wikidata/imdb/rottentomato/... and to other data we can download and parse easily.

Below is an example of such an entry created from TPB item (13127745/Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1980-720p-6-1ch-BRRip-AAC-x264-GeekRG-Isohunt-to) with comments. I use JSON LD format and schema.org vocabulary. JSON LD seems to be a bit fat, schema.org needs to be extended for our task but I don't see better solution now.

Code:
{
   // Header: this is a video and a pointer to vocabulary
   "@type":"VideoObject",
   "@context":{
      "@vocab":"http://schema.org/"
   },

// 1: Magnet link
   "contentUrl":"magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e6a1247014fac644a6487687f1ce14f20eecabc3&dn=Star+Wars+Episode+V+-+The+Empire+Strikes+Back+%281980%29+720p+6.1ch+BRRip+AAC+x264+-+%5BGeekRG%5D+%5BIsohunt.to%5D&xl=1029974649&dl=1029974649&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce",

// 2: Creative work metadata: links to wikidata and imdb.
   //    There is no reason to copy them because it isn't likely
   //    they will be suddenly disappear from Web.
   "encodesCreativeWork":[
      {
         "@type":"Movie",
         "SameAs/wikidata":"Q181795",
         "SameAs/imdb":"tt0080684"
      }
   ],

// 3: Torrent metadata: here schema.org lacks of required properties.
   //    Missing properties have slashes in names.
   "encodingFormat":"mpeg4",
   "encodingFormat/videoCodec":"AVC",
   "encodingFormat/frameRate":"23.976fps",
   "encodingFormat/audioCodec":"HE-AAC",
   "encodingFormat/audioRate":"48KHz",
   "encodingFormat/audioChannels":"6",
   "width":"1280",
   "height":"544",
   "inLanguage/audio":"en",
   "inLanguage/subtitles":"en",
   "Duration":"PT2H7M"
}

Technically this is enough to rebuild a very rich media database on each PC having blockchain downloaded: all details can be requested from wikidata, imdb and other external sources.

User can browse and query such a database locally by title, actors' names, video quality, audio language etc. Clicking on magnet link he will start a download with his torrent client.

This work will require a lot of manual work to establish relations between magnet links and wikidata/imdb/rottentomatos/... databases because existing TPB data are very unstructured. Volunteers doing this work can be compensated in DTC by commutiny.

Any thoughts?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

I've started a year ago implementing torrent catalog inside Datacoin blockchain. You can see some drafts using oocook5u's datacoin-browser in testnet: http://localhost:8080/dtc-testnet/get/ad4f39667cbdccc51da2bdbe857e036d62ee6240005d554ac614cddf8f1cc20d (wait until it will reach 21340th block). You need to run dtc-http-server.pl to check this.

I think this is the time to restart this work from scratch. Here is my proposal:

In order to have a censorship protected torrent catalog we have to store database that consists of entries of the following structure:

1. magnet link

Creative work metadata are widely presented in the Web and I don't think we have to copy them into the blockchain. We can use linked data instead: links to wikidata/imdb/rottentomato/... and to other data we can download and parse easily.

Below is an example of such an entry created from TPB item (13127745/Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1980-720p-6-1ch-BRRip-AAC-x264-GeekRG-Isohunt-to) with comments. I use JSON LD format and schema.org vocabulary. JSON LD seems to be a bit fat, schema.org needs to be extended for our task but I don't see better solution now.

Code:
{
   // Header: this is a video and a pointer to vocabulary
   "@type":"VideoObject",
   "@context":{
      "@vocab":"http://schema.org/"
   },
   // 1: Magnet link
   "contentUrl":"magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e6a1247014fac644a6487687f1ce14f20eecabc3&dn=Star+Wars+Episode+V+-+The+Empire+Strikes+Back+%281980%29+720p+6.1ch+BRRip+AAC+x264+-+%5BGeekRG%5D+%5BIsohunt.to%5D&xl=1029974649&dl=1029974649&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce",
   // 2: Creative work metadata: links to wikidata and imdb.
   //    There is no reason to copy them because it isn't likely
   //    they will be suddenly disappear from Web.
   "encodesCreativeWork":[
      {
         "@type":"Movie",
         "SameAs/wikidata":"Q181795",
         "SameAs/imdb":"tt0080684"
      }
   ],
   // 3: Torrent metadata: here schema.org lacks of required properties.
   //    Missing properties have slashes in names.
   "encodingFormat":"mpeg4",
   "encodingFormat/videoCodec":"AVC",
   "encodingFormat/frameRate":"23.976fps",
   "encodingFormat/audioCodec":"HE-AAC",
   "encodingFormat/audioRate":"48KHz",
   "encodingFormat/audioChannels":"6",
   "width":"1280",
   "height":"544",
   "inLanguage/audio":"en",
   "inLanguage/subtitles":"en",
   "Duration":"PT2H7M"
}

Technically this is enogh to rebuild a very rich media database on each PC having blockchain downloaded: all details can be requested from wikidata, imdb and other external sources.

User can browse and query such a database locally by title, actors' names, video quality, audio language etc. Clicking on magnet link he will start a download with his torrent client.

This work will require a lot of manual work to establish relations between magnet links and wikidata/imdb/rottentomatos/... databases because existing TPB data are very unstructured. Volunteers doing this work can be compensated in DTC by commutiny.

Any thoughts?
good idea, tough rating is needed for torrents.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
dlightman

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

In order to have a censorship protected torrent catalog we have to store database that consists of entries of the following structure:

1. magnet link

Technically this is enogh to rebuild a very rich media database on each PC having blockchain downloaded: all details can be requested from wikidata, imdb and other external sources.

Any thoughts?

What is the purpose of having rating?
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

1. magnet link

Any thoughts?

to identify fakes without downloading them.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 07:48:02 PM

Nice to see some nice activity here.
Hope soon withdraw from BTER is again possible.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:02:21 AM

How do we contact BTER?  Is there an email address?

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
GameKyuubi

Activity: 253
Merit: 1413

DTCxNMC

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:09:20 AM

1. magnet link

Any thoughts?

to identify fakes without downloading them.

I think a rating system and search function would be beyond the scope of Datacoin and is better left implemented by sites that would link to DTC files or by a derivative wallet.  However, the core wallet should definitely implement user friendly uploads and downloads via txid or other identifiers.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
j0nn9

Activity: 177
Merit: 153

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 12:11:47 AM

It's nice to see some movement here Smiley
This coin has a nice concept, I also like the scientific background.

I think a rating system and search function would be beyond the scope of Datacoin and is better left implemented by sites that would link to DTC files or by a derivative wallet. However, the core wallet should definitely implement user friendly uploads and downloads via txid or other identifiers.

I guess voting and comments could be submitted to the blockchain, they just need to refer to the original torrent via an id (the hash of the magnet link for example).

I think the HTTP servers should parse the data from the blockchain and store it in a database, this would also allow searching, just like collecting the votes for one torrent without scanning the whole blockchain.

Gapcoin - The largest, decentralized prime gap search
mstfck

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:43:26 AM

I think a rating system and search function would be beyond the scope of Datacoin and is better left implemented by sites that would link to DTC files or by a derivative wallet. However, the core wallet should definitely implement user friendly uploads and downloads via txid or other identifiers.

I guess voting and comments could be submitted to the blockchain, they just need to refer to the original torrent via an id (the hash of the magnet link for example).

I think the HTTP servers should parse the data from the blockchain and store it in a database, this would also allow searching, just like collecting the votes for one torrent without scanning the whole blockchain.

Agree with this. Sending JSON to blockchain is not hard, but what if the user spams the blockchain with a 5 star rating to his torrent? A solution could be vote confirmations, where each vote has to be confirmed by another voter, but then again, how can you prevent people from voting for their rating? But the starting point in my solution is good in itself, so maybe work on something based on that?

j0nn9

Activity: 177
Merit: 153

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 12:09:05 AM

Agree with this. Sending JSON to blockchain is not hard, but what if the user spams the blockchain with a 5 star rating to his torrent? A solution could be vote confirmations, where each vote has to be confirmed by another voter, but then again, how can you prevent people from voting for their rating? But the starting point in my solution is good in itself, so maybe work on something based on that?

How about a voting like in Memorycoin. The weight of a vote is determined by the Datacoin volume of the voters address. No matter how often someone votes, his vote would only count as high his balance. This could avoid spamming, but someone could just buy votes.

Gapcoin - The largest, decentralized prime gap search
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:57:52 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 07:45:54 PM by extro24

That would be fine, because if he/she bought votes it would also increase demand for the currency.  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: