Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:49:27 AM

I think he mentioned yesterday that he has been selling at a steady rate since the beginning.

Ah, ok I missed that.

Aldrin doesn;t want to crash the market....I think his approach is very wise at the present moment.

He has been moving his stack down from 5% to 1% of Nxt....which is more than 80% reduction.

He sets a very good example for others to follow.

Thank you for taking the time to actually read and think about what i have said!

No thank you, becausse you are willing to do it that way

thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:51:11 AM

Thr price is falling, hurry up and sell me some nxt Smiley

yeah, right! Smiley

Check DGEX.com again. Then send me your nxt before I change my mind.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:52:53 AM

Thr price is falling, hurry up and sell me some nxt Smiley

yeah, right! Smiley

Check DGEX.com again. Then send me your nxt before I change my mind.

No sooner than you sell me yours and I wait a year or two and sell you back Cheesy
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

No sooner than you sell me yours and I wait a year or two and sell you back Cheesy

No need to wait so long.
aldrin

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:10:48 AM

I have a large account balance, and the other day I noticed a few separate transactions in my history where unknown users to me had sent 1 NXT amounts to my account. I hadn't noticed them before, as the only difference between a forged NXT and a sent NXT is the small icon next to the transaction number.

I suspect someone was experimenting with trying to identify the location of accounts with large balances on the network. I don't have much experience with these things, but I suspect there could be ways of analysing transaction logs and other data sources to try and determine the IP address, or identity/location of an open account.

My account number is one of the accounts on the block explorer page of top accounts, so I think someone was searching for the location & account status of big accounts.

Dont worry. It was me, who added your account to one of NXT faucet, as you seems too poor to fund activity of NXT supporters or too busy watching your balance growing.

Joke. Or not?

Dont take it personally. This is my message to all high volume shareholders.

Why don't you read what I said? I'm suggesting all large holders of NXT, like myself, pool a big wad of NXT together and donate ALL the forged NXT to community activities that further all out interests FOR MANY YEARS.

This is my message to the NXT community - read & think before you comment and act.

Rather than set myself up as a 'leader' of NXT on the basis that I got lucky and sent BcNext 1 bitcoin, I'm advocating trying to be smart about things. I can see there are much better people than me to co-ordinate the distribution of any contribution I can make. I can also see that donating to random people who ask is not the best way to go. Some of them might have big voices but small minds, and lack talent and good ideas. Some might be scam merchants.

I revealed myself as having a big stake  - maybe that was unwise.

I'm suggesting that  decisions on how to spend any donated NXT be made by the best and brightest in the NXT community - to avoid donating NXT to people who post negative comments without reading and thinking first.

I'm looking for a structure to support NXT for years, not a few random acts to the loudest voices.

I want to support smart people. Does your comment to my post about setting up a forging trust account suggest you are smart? I just offered to support the NXT community for many years, and you replied "as you seems too poor to fund activity of NXT supporters or too busy watching your balance growing" Then you make a joking reference about hacking my account to donate it to a NXT faucet, presumably because I'm not donating enough.

I'm not taking it personally (you don't know me), but I'm suggesting you need to consider your approach if you want my support . I expect that you would read and think before posting a reply.

laowai80

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:11:46 AM

No need to wait so long.

No hurry here Smiley
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:16:35 AM

I have a large account balance, and the other day I noticed a few separate transactions in my history where unknown users to me had sent 1 NXT amounts to my account. I hadn't noticed them before, as the only difference between a forged NXT and a sent NXT is the small icon next to the transaction number.

I suspect someone was experimenting with trying to identify the location of accounts with large balances on the network. I don't have much experience with these things, but I suspect there could be ways of analysing transaction logs and other data sources to try and determine the IP address, or identity/location of an open account.

My account number is one of the accounts on the block explorer page of top accounts, so I think someone was searching for the location & account status of big accounts.

Dont worry. It was me, who added your account to one of NXT faucet, as you seems too poor to fund activity of NXT supporters or too busy watching your balance growing.

Joke. Or not?

Why don't you read what I said? I'm suggesting all large holders of NXT, like myself, pool a big wad of NXT together and donate ALL the forged NXT to community activities that further all out interests FOR MANY YEARS.

This is my message to the NXT community - read & think before you comment and act.

Rather than set myself up as a 'leader' of NXT on the basis that I got lucky and sent BcNext 1 bitcoin, I'm advocating trying to be smart about things. I can see there are much better people than me to co-ordinate the distribution of any contribution I can make. I can also see that donating to random people who ask is not the best way to go. Some of them might have big voices but small minds, and lack talent and good ideas. Some might be scam merchants.

I'm suggesting that  decisions on how to spend any donated NXT be made by the best and brightest in the NXT community - to avoid donating NXT to people who post negative comments without reading and thinking first.

I'm looking for a structure to support NXT for years, not a few random acts to the loudest voices.

I want to support smart people. Does your comment to my post about setting up a forging trust account suggest you are smart? I just offered to support the NXT community for many years, and you replied "as you seems too poor to fund activity of NXT supporters or too busy watching your balance growing" Then you make a joking reference about hacking my account to donate it to a NXT faucet, presumably because I'm not donating enough.

I'm not taking it personally (you don't know me), but I'm suggesting you need to consider your approach if you want my support . I expect that you would read and think before posting a reply.

Now I see your point, but I think that instead of forging with the big accounts, let others, with smaller Nxt stakes forge, and better donate couple of hunders k for bounties that will really help Nxt to succeed. Like bybitcoin is doing it.
instacalm

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:18:39 AM

Why push aldrin to do anything? He can do whatever he wants with his stake. You can rest assured he's going to use it well, no need to blabla in my eyes. Supporting contributions to the project sounds fine.
mcjavar

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:20:45 AM

Why push aldrin to do anything? He can do whatever he wants with his stake. You can rest assured he's going to use it well, no need to blabla in my eyes. Supporting contributions to the project sounds fine.
I am not pushing him. Just telling my opinion, which in the end doesn´t really count, but I feel better Smiley
laowai80

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:23:56 AM

Looks like the price is finding a solid base at @0.00007 after correcting by 50% from the recent top. Text-book case. Unless the network gets DDoS'ed and we get more panic selling, of course, haha.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:26:16 AM

it reminds me a price of Bitcoin in $, if 0.00007 is like 700$ Cheesy
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:28:23 AM

The system won't work if all the big stakes just hoards a big stake. If he finally does as he said, basically his nxt become dead because it is only sitting there for forging without entering the economy.

I think for the whole system to work, there has to be a tax against money not put into circulation. Cfb , is it possible to design such a scheme?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:32:17 AM

Now I see your point, but I think that instead of forging with the big accounts, let others, with smaller Nxt stakes forge, and better donate couple of hunders k for bounties that will really help Nxt to succeed. Like bybitcoin is doing it.

Don't tell people what to do and you won't hear where should you go.

mcjavar

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:34:03 AM

Don't tell people what to do and you won't hear where should you go.
I´m sorry, but that´s bullshit.

I think everything I´ve done so far was in the best interest of Nxt.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:34:49 AM

Joke. Or not?

Dear sir,

Please consider to let "opticalc" use or halmark to use it on VPS this would help the network.

I will ask him to contact you and explain

thank you

aldrin

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:35:02 AM

Joke. Or not?

But who should I donate my couple of hundred k too? I know that sometimes the smartest guy in the room says the least, and the loudest guy is actually full of shit. Why don't we try and setup a group consensus first to co-ordinate things a little. I want a decentralised NXT, but in this critical phase why not try and have a loose structure to maximise the bang for our NXT buck. I know I'm not the guy to decide who should get some community funding, so I want to donate through a consensus of people who have shown they are smart and capable. I saw the list of people posting in this thread. I vote for quality, not quantity. Who are the really smart people with good ideas? They decide where my NXT goes.

mcjavar

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:36:49 AM

Joke. Or not?

But who should I donate my couple of hundred k too? I know that sometimes the smartest guy in the room says the least, and the loudest guy is actually full of shit. Why don't we try and setup a group consensus first to co-ordinate things a little. I want a decentralised NXT, but in this critical phase why not try and have a loose structure to maximise the bang for our NXT buck. I know I'm not the guy to decide who should get some community funding, so I want to donate through a consensus of people who have shown they are smart and capable. I saw the list of people posting in this thread. I vote for quality, not quantity. Who are the really smart people with good ideas? They decide where my NXT goes.

There is a bounty fund lead by bybitcoin. They are collecting funds from genesisblock founders and give bounty to peple who really add some value to Nxt by marketing it, developing something and so on. You should get in touch with him.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345773.0
aldrin

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:38:49 AM

Dear sir,

Please consider to let "opticalc" use or halmark to use it on VPS this would help the network.

I will ask him to contact you and explain

thank you

I plan to do this tomorrow. I just need to catch up on how (c-f-b did it for me originally but I've changed accounts since then, and I'm not in-front of a PC all day). I know it is a good thing to do!!

laowai80

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:41:37 AM

there has to be a tax against money not put into circulation. Cfb , is it possible to design such a scheme?

Isn't that what freicoin or any fiat currency is doing? I'd sell my NXTs and go back to bitcoin if any such thing was implemented.
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:41:47 AM

The system won't work if all the big stakes just hoards a big stake. If he finally does as he said, basically his nxt become dead because it is only sitting there for forging without entering the economy.

If this would be the case, then the initial distribution of NXT to stakeholder is in fact the problem. It was decided to do it the way it was done. There is no way to change the rules now. IMHO, aldrin has every right to do what he want with his NXT - technically and morally.

Apart from that, I think that the system DOES work even when all the big stakes just hoard a big stake. There is still a certain percentage of NXT moving around.
Big stakes will probably not hoard forever. It depends on the price made by the moving NXT, the potential NXT still has (over time) and the temptation of cashing out.

Marcus (small-stake)
Pages: « 1 ... 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 [536] 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: