Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 [951] 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761533 times)
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:44:15 PM

No gods, no kings, just NXT

And an exceptionally smart and committed community.  We will figure this out.  I will continue working on whitepaper as best I can.  Ricot's NXTXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX address scheme will get implemented.  Everybody will add their ingredient to this NXT "stone soup" and it will go to the moon.

But making sausage can sure be such a mess...
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:44:42 PM

Quote from: EvilDave
The tech is not a paradigm breaking leap into the unknown.

I see it as exactly that.

Quote from: EvilDave
The social organisation side is, again, nothing new.....u ever tried to get a bunch of anarchists organised ? I have....

Successfully applying the proposed social concept to the development of innovative software would indeed be brand new.
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:48:51 PM

How can we contact JeanLuc?  For me, everything hinges on this.

You click to that little tab at the top of the page that says My Messages, you click on the tab that says New Message, and where it says "To:", you type in "JeanLucPicard"...
gbeirn

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:51:55 PM

Quote from: rickyjames
We don't need features yet, we need plain vanilla user-friendly functionality to hold and transfer coins.  We need a one-click client that Joe Sixpack can install and use.  We need a dead simple API that other exchanges like Cryptsy can easily plug into and get us in the ability to trade with ease.  We need a whitepaper that focuses with laserlike intensity on NXT's (1) PoS forging, (2) mini-blockchain (c) 1 minute transaction time and (d) 10,000+ transaction per second capability promoted as MAJOR SOLUTIONS to the looming disasters that are about to befall Bitcoin over their ludicrous PoW mining arms race, bloated 16GB blockblockchain, sluggish 10 minute transaction time and maximum 7 transaction per second limit.  And we need a stated deadline for when full open source code will be released.

Yes!

I vote for centralized leadership and vision and effort to get us to that launch point.

And I'm afraid there won't be any of the above without this.  Cfb and BCNxt have refused.  How can we contact JeanLuc?  For me, everything hinges on this.

What I don't get is people want all these things and no one seems to put effort into making these things happen. We need an easy client, ok sure, fine, someone program one, if you don't program, reach out to people who do. Find the people who are already working on native clients and offer to beta test. The API is well documented on the wiki. Parse through this thread and the others and fine people who are working on things or have won bounties. Create a wiki page for it. Create a thread here for it, post it in your signature, whatever.

The whitepaper needs help sure, but I count only 10 of us working on it Sad Add, contribute, research, learn!

Edit: We are less than two months into this project. The initial funding BCNext asked for start in October, it's only been 4 months! since then. This stuff takes time, we are charting new territory here.

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:53:46 PM

I would suggest marketing "commitee" +- :

Salsacz (campaigns, viral marketing, media, people, universities... "organizing" all what is in Media topic) - Bitcointalk, all other forums
NiftyNikel (people) - nextcoin
Uniqueorn (people) - nextcoin
Utopianfuture (articles, people, science world) - Bitcointalk
Pinarello (communication with Nxt users) - forums.nxtcrypto, Bitcointalk
opticalcarrier (scienceworld?)

? Joefox (texts) - wiki, Bitcointalk
? Anon136 (science world)
? Klee (belongs to the dev commitee)

But give me a couple of hours, I will publish a very long post in the marketing topic about my plans for the next 2 weeks and next month (so the others can discuss them and make my plans => our plans). Let's take this serious Smiley

I wish to thank the community for the trust in me.

Unfortunately I am not a marketing guy, I am more a hands on people/project manager  Cheesy

But I would like to present Damelon for this job, he/she is a professional in marketing.

I am sure he/she will do much better in marketing stuff than I am.

Pin

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:53:56 PM

I think part of the problem we're having with voting is that info about this project is scattered over 3 forums (here, nextcoin.org and nxtcrypto.org) and there is no organization.
see the marketing thread OP in my signature
  • Who is Jean-Luc and what does he do?
  • Is BCNext still involved in programming and development.
  • What do Utopian Future, Klee, Anon, 2Kewl4School and other prolific posters do? Do they program stuff? Write articles?
  • How many developers are there currently working on the full source code? Who are they?
I will explain this all in my Nxtmyths paper (with sources) and video
nxtgt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:54:10 PM

NXT's single vision is decentralization and community involvement, imho . If i am not wrong, I share this vision with BCNext and Cfb. So you plan to count on BCNext or Cfb to make decisions for you, I think you would be disappointed.

But if some points, this venture become too disarrayed and too fragmented that BCNext has to appear and decide everything then I will leave because because all my efforts have been fruitless. Up until that point, if you care about NXT, then giving up the habit of looking up for a leader and actually doing something. You yourself could actually shape the vision for NXT.

This is so vague....what does "decentralization and community involvement" mean to you?

Apparently, it means voting on Nxt-related things.

So how many people need to vote to satisfy your criterion of "community involvement?"

Would 20% of NXTholders be enough? 50%? What if voter participation was almost completely from the top 10 percentile of Nxt holders, and the people holding a couple thousand NXT just sat out the election?

I think part of the problem we're having with voting is that info about this project is scattered over 3 forums (here, nextcoin.org and nxtcrypto.org) and there is no organization.

As I said in a previous post, I've been following this with some effort for about 10 days now, and I still am ignorant of a lot of important things.

• Who is Jean-Luc and what does he do?
  • Is BCNext still involved in programming and development.
  • What do Utopian Future, Klee, Anon, 2Kewl4School and other prolific posters do? Do they program stuff? Write articles?
  • Where do you go to get reliable technical answers about the protocol?
  • How many developers are there currently working on the full source code? Who are they?

Information is too fragmented, or scattered through this 900-page thread. I got interested in NXT in late December, and there's really no way to get caught up on the status of the project.

Yes I have read the wiki, white paper, and I hang out in #nxtalk, but I am still uninformed.

And you want me to vote.

I would vote and participate but really, there is no way to get caught up on the project for someone coming on board now and that hasn't been here since the beginning.

+10000000

+1M

The more de-centralized this gets, the more coordination is paramount.

Decentralization in theory is not equal to decentralization in practice. Projects need leadership and direction.
gbeirn

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:59:47 PM

Since everyone wants a leader and someone to make decisions for them about project direction and goals and what not,  I nominate myself. I will lead NXT into the future!! You may all call me NXTGeorge.

You can trust I will have everyone's best intentions in mind!

This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:02:48 PM

Quote from: gbeirn
What I don't get is people want all these things and no one seems to put effort into making these things happen. We need an easy client, ok sure, fine, someone program one, if you don't program, reach out to people who do. Find the people who are already working on native clients and offer to beta test. The API is well documented on the wiki. Parse through this thread and the others and fine people who are working on things or have won bounties. Create a wiki page for it. Create a thread here for it, post it in your signature, whatever.

The whitepaper needs help sure, but I count only 10 of us working on it Sad Add, contribute, research, learn!

This is textbook fragmentation and it is what ails us.  The solution is here:

Quote from: nxtgt
Projects need leadership and direction.

We are less than two months into this project. The initial funding BCNext asked for start in October, it's only been 4 months! since then. This stuff takes time, we are charting new territory here.

Nxt isn't the only game in town.  Not for long.  Time is not on our side.

Quote from: bitcoinrocks
How can we contact JeanLuc?  For me, everything hinges on this.

You click to that little tab at the top of the page that says My Messages, you click on the tab that says New Message, and where it says "To:", you type in "JeanLucPicard"...

Message sent.
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:04:51 PM

So much marketing.
Any dev cooperation?

utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:04:56 PM

We don't need features yet, we need plain vanilla user-friendly functionality to hold and transfer coins.  We need a one-click client that Joe Sixpack can install and use.  We need a dead simple API that other exchanges like Cryptsy can easily plug into and get us in the ability to trade with ease.  We need a whitepaper that focuses with laserlike intensity on NXT's (1) PoS forging, (2) mini-blockchain (c) 1 minute transaction time and (d) 10,000+ transaction per second capability promoted as MAJOR SOLUTIONS to the looming disasters that are about to befall Bitcoin over their ludicrous PoW mining arms race, bloated 16GB blockblockchain, sluggish 10 minute transaction time and maximum 7 transaction per second limit.  And we need a stated deadline for when full open source code will be released.

Yes!

I vote for centralized leadership and vision and effort to get us to that launch point.

And I'm afraid there won't be any of the above without this.  Cfb and BCNxt have refused.  How can we contact JeanLuc?  For me, everything hinges on this.

+1

The concept is simple. 1. Decentralization means avoiding one single person/ organization making all important decisions. 2. Community involvement means you actively help to make things happen as you see fit.
While this main thread is extremely disorganized, I don't see how it hinders NXT's core development process. BCNext, Cfb and Luc roll out new core updates all most every
days. We have 4 full feature-clients in progress. People are actively working on Wiki (10 people or so), code debugging (10 people or so), Marketing ( +5 people), Activism (+5 people), econ-system apps (+10 people), asset exchange documentation  (+2 people) etc.

If you think you can help in any area, then say so yourself and make it work. I have asked for someone capable to write a first draft on voting principle and funding principle and the easy answer is to let Luc decide everything. But it is not going to work that way.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:05:40 PM

Since everyone wants a leader and someone to make decisions for them about project direction and goals and what not,  I nominate myself. I will lead NXT into the future!! You may all call me NXTGeorge.

You can trust I will have everyone's best intentions in mind!

Anyone can be the leader... of their own project.  You can fork the Nxt source code and be the leader of your fork.  Choose any intentions you like.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:07:48 PM

What do Utopian Future, Klee, Anon, 2Kewl4School and other prolific posters do? Do they program stuff? Write articles?

I wasn't aware that i was "prolific" but i like the sound of it. Grin No but seriously I'm just an enthusiast. I think the forging algo is, for lack of a better word, revolutionary. All of my interest and involvement stems out of that and its not even particular to nxt. If another unique coin used a similar algo than i would be involved there also. But yea i just study it, write about it, answer questions about it, and act as a trusted counterpart where ever my reputation for honesty can be of use to someone.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nxtgt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:09:26 PM

At the very least, why aren't there multiple topics on nxtcrypto about individual project discussion as opposed to everything discussed in a single thread here? This seems like a simple organizational fix that could be implemented immediately. That way we aren't all sitting around a round table having 10 conversations at a time.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:12:38 PM

Quote from: nxtgt
At the very least, why aren't there multiple topics on nxtcrypto about individual project discussion as opposed to everything discussed in a single thread here? This seems like a simple organizational fix that could be implemented immediately.

Because there is only one person here with any authority and he refuses to use it.  (He seems like a good guy though.)
smartwart

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:12:46 PM

Smiley aiyaiyai Smiley,

maybe cause of the weather?
If Jean Luc release the nxt client, is this not an "single version" with many new features?
What am I missing?

Btw:   I observe always the same behavior:

People become tired to be guided and restricted by authorities.
         If some one gives the people freedom and the connected responsibility, people say "yeeeh, we are free!!!".
         After a while, say get lost in there degrees of freedom and say "yeeeh, we need a leader".
         And the cycle starts again ;-)

NxT: 13574045486980287597
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:14:13 PM

It's time the "left over coins" are distributed ASAP to different PR campaigns, we got a shitton of work under way, but it's very hard to get people to dedicate tens of hours without being able to pay them more than a few thousand NXT.
The price is dipping 25% daily at this point and there is at least 2 very real competitors on the horizon being released within weeks, so it's time that the NXT core realize that having the best tech doesn't mean jack shit if people don't adopt it.

Agreed. I've worked with three different individuals on various PR projects and there's been little (if nothing) mentioned of any kind of PR rewards, so I moved on. It's not that I *expect* something in return, but a nominal 'here's 500 NXT' would go along way. I paid an individual out of pocket (fiat) for translation of Nxt material because getting assistance/volunteer is very difficult. It wasn't a lot, but that fiat could've bought me a Pi setup or a few thousand NXT. No more. I'll shift focus.

Again, bounties aren't a way for us to squeeze NXT out of the unclaimed 9 million, but it's a way of the community showing that the effort is important and needed. I get the feeling that PR isn't important to the community, so I'll focus on other Nxt areas and other cryptos.
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

:)aiyaiya :)i,

If Jean Luc release the nxt client, is this not an "single version" with many new features?
What am I missing?

If some one gives the people freedom and the connected responsibility, people say "yeeeh, we are free!!!".
         After a while, say get lost in there degrees of freedom and say "yeeeh, we need a leader".

Grin Grin Grin paradoxical

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gbeirn

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:14:50 PM

:)aiyaiya :)i,

What am I missing?

Ahahah exactly. I sometimes want to contact BCNext and say "You know what...great idea....but take it back, we aren't ready for it"

gbeirn

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:15:33 PM

At the very least, why aren't there multiple topics on nxtcrypto about individual project discussion as opposed to everything discussed in a single thread here? This seems like a simple organizational fix that could be implemented immediately. That way we aren't all sitting around a round table having 10 conversations at a time.

Do it! Create the threads!

Pages: « 1 ... 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 [951] 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: