Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:40:09 PM

Not sure that many people will keep their NXT in their wallet for mining. Most NXT are on exchange plus the risk on being wallet hacked.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:40:55 PM

Anyone have any answers why the two local hosts for the client might not be working for me after working fine previously?

restart java, then http

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:41:05 PM

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/1/18/poloniex-new-exchange-with-btcnxt-trading-pair  Smiley
Alias

Activity: 127

Money be green

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:41:13 PM

Clearly there is a significant pent up demand for NXT.

bter is a nice exchange, but they are a low volume exchange. A small fraction compared to the major Chinese exchanges.

China has the top 6 BTC exchanges and all are usually more active than bitstamp or btc-e. Something like 90% of BTC trading happens in China. Look at http://www.btc123.com/ if you don't believe me.

I doubt everyone who wants to purchase NXT has done so. On the other hand, the last two weeks has probably allowed pretty much everyone that wanted to sell their NXT at yesterday's prices to have done so.

James

The more the Chinese buy NXT now the more they can trade with NXT assets on the distributed exchange when the restrictions on their exchanges come in at the end of the month.

Looking at the bter trades, it looked like there were a small number of traders that REALLY wanted to buy NXT. The orderbooks at dgex, nxtchg and even ripple were all wiped out (in a good way). This took a bit of time to coordinate and wasn't a spur of the moment impulse buy.

This also means that we can now provide a much easier path to purchasing NXT than before, for ordinary people, especially in China. The big action is in NXT/CNY, current exchange rate is 6.05 CNY/USD and it is pretty stable at that rate. Current price is around .36 CNY -> ~6 cents. The big jump was from the initial mismatch of supply vs demand.

Anyway, now that we have our first NXT/fiat path and reasonably liquid NXT/BTC, we can see what a more accurate current market value for NXT is.

James

Indeed, there have been many people watching NXT who wouldn't touch it until there was improved liquidity. It's still not great of course. But Bter have set a precedent and it is only a matter of time before other exchanges pick up on this. I have asked Graviton to remove his artificial order restrictions on DGEX: "Error - The order pricing limits are +/-30% per 1 hour".

By the way did you read my explanation of the reserveBTC DAC? nexern is knowledgeable of and interested in DACs and now DNAs (he coined this term for Decentralized NXT Agents) and we are in discussions about implementing DACs which can serve as credit unions and issuers of assets. DACs could be built as apps (purchased from an app store or package manager) which interface with his or other clients. Very powerful stuff.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 03:46:22 PM

bter is a nice exchange, but they are a low volume exchange. A small fraction compared to the major Chinese exchanges.

China has the top 6 BTC exchanges and all are usually more active than bitstamp or btc-e. Something like 90% of BTC trading happens in China. Look at http://www.btc123.com/ if you don't believe me.

I doubt everyone who wants to purchase NXT has done so. On the other hand, the last two weeks has probably allowed pretty much everyone that wanted to sell their NXT at yesterday's prices to have done so.

James

The more the Chinese buy NXT now the more they can trade with NXT assets on the distributed exchange when the restrictions on their exchanges come in at the end of the month.

Looking at the bter trades, it looked like there were a small number of traders that REALLY wanted to buy NXT. The orderbooks at dgex, nxtchg and even ripple were all wiped out (in a good way). This took a bit of time to coordinate and wasn't a spur of the moment impulse buy.

This also means that we can now provide a much easier path to purchasing NXT than before, for ordinary people, especially in China. The big action is in NXT/CNY, current exchange rate is 6.05 CNY/USD and it is pretty stable at that rate. Current price is around .36 CNY -> ~6 cents. The big jump was from the initial mismatch of supply vs demand.

Anyway, now that we have our first NXT/fiat path and reasonably liquid NXT/BTC, we can see what a more accurate current market value for NXT is.

James

Indeed, there have been many people watching NXT who wouldn't touch it until there was improved liquidity. It's still not great of course. But Bter have set a precedent and it is only a matter of time before other exchanges pick up on this. I have asked Graviton to remove his artificial order restrictions on DGEX: "Error - The order pricing limits are +/-30% per 1 hour".

By the way did you read my explanation of the reserveBTC DAC? nexern is knowledgeable of and interested in DACs and now DNAs (he coined this term for Decentralized NXT Agents) and we are in discussions about implementing DACs which can serve as credit unions and issuers of assets. DACs could be built as apps (purchased from an app store or package manager) which interface with his or other clients. Very powerful stuff.

Credit union is a good model. Non-profit model, fees just to cover costs. I have not analyzed DAC in detail, but if you say it will work, that's good enough for me.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:48:24 PM

NXT rise every 10 Minutes about 5%, lol lucky i buy yesterday for .36  Grin
You must all hurry, the price will rise very fast now.
luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:50:25 PM

i'm so bad at predicting things haha

i don't understand why people keep selling at 0.00006 on dgex while it's at .7-8 on bter
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:51:54 PM

Seems like NXT is starting to kick off in China but it raises one issue. I think NXT needs to think more globally in terms of marketing. Ripple successfully had a giveaway on a major Chinese internet portal. I suggest NXT if they want the Chinese onboard should do a similar thing with unclaimed NXT or a bounty etc. Giving away a small number of NXT and help set them up the client would increase numbers massively, maybe once a more user friendly client is up though. I think the big selling point could be anonymity to the Chinese and Indians and other nations in similar government headlocks for that matter..

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:55:33 PM

i don't understand why people keep selling at 0.00006 on dgex while it's at .7-8 on bter

Maybe they dont know that nxt is now also at bter.
luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:55:40 PM

Client is really a con right now. I already imagine chinaman downloading the client via the link on BTER. He will unzip and wtf, that doesn't work right out of the package, what is dis crap  Cheesy
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:56:11 PM

An attempt at Manipulation

pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:57:08 PM

Seems like NXT is starting to kick off in China but it raises one issue. I think NXT needs to think more globally in terms of marketing. Ripple successfully had a giveaway on a major Chinese internet portal. I suggest NXT if they want the Chinese onboard should do a similar thing with unclaimed NXT or a bounty etc. Giving away a small number of NXT and help set them up the client would increase numbers massively, maybe once a more user friendly client is up though. I think the big selling point could be anonymity to the Chinese and Indians and other nations in similar government headlocks for that matter..

Agree China is a big market.

wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:57:43 PM

Client is really a con right now. I already imagine chinaman downloading the client via the link on BTER. He will unzip and wtf, that doesn't work right out of the package, what is dis crap  Cheesy

Why aren't third party clients posted on the main page of http://nxtcrypto.org yet? These were funded, so why not promote them?

Also, ideally we need an entire translation of the nxtcrypto.org site in chinese with a simple button at the top to change language.
Alias

Activity: 127

Money be green

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:58:09 PM

James

James

Credit union is a good model. Non-profit model, fees just to cover costs. I have not analyzed DAC in detail, but if you say it will work, that's good enough for me.

James

I would encourage you to research DACs. You would be good at developing the ideas and utilities and functions that are evoked by them. The technical aspect doesn't matter so much. Just imagine a DAC as a corporation which has no motives other than it's pre-defined purpose. I.e. it has no profit motive by default. And it makes only rational logical decisions. DACs are effectively public utilities. Most of them are looked at from an economic perspective but we can look at them from a socio-economic perspective within NXT.

Edit: Check this out:-

Conclusion
DACs are a useful metaphor for designing decentralized systems that provide useful goods and services to society.   If something as complex as a bank can be implemented as a DAC then it is clearly possible to implement many other things as DACs.   In the future I will outline my designs for DACs that perform the following services:

1) News Aggregation
2) AdWords
3) Domain Names
4) Patents, Copyright and next generation Intellectual Property
5) Insurance
6) Courts, Escrow, and Arbitration
7) Authenticated Anonymous Voting
Cool Prediction Markets
9) Next Generation Search Engines

Additionally I will describe a new approach for funding the development of DACs in a decentralized manner.   There is an exciting future filled with DACs that can faithfully provide services previously delegated to trusted 3rd parties.  We just need to learn the fundamental principles used to design DACs and then combine them in new and unique ways.

Source: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/dac-revisited/#.UtqjCxDFJaR

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
hyunsookmom

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:59:01 PM

'Chinaman' was buying elaborate cities when our nations were living in caves, as the biggest users of the Internet I'm sure they will do fine...

Many Chinese speak some English but a translated set of instructions would help oil things a lot....

I think we need some Chinese members to be more active and help NXT?

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:00:16 PM

We do need to have localized versions of clients. In spite of this, I would imagine that most of the current NXT investors from China are not expecting a totally complete end user solution. We are still in the beta phase.

James

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:03:13 PM

James

James

James

I would encourage you to research DACs. You would be good at developing the ideas and utilities and functions that are evoked by them. The technical aspect doesn't matter so much. Just imagine a DAC as a corporation which has no motives other than it's pre-defined purpose. I.e. it has no profit motive by default. And it makes only rational logical decisions. DACs are effectively public utilities. Most of them are looked at from an economic perspective but we can look at them from a socio-economic perspective within NXT.

all we need really is a subordinate chain where users can embed c++ code and bid for space in the chain with nxt as well as bid with nxt for a forger to execute the code and record the product in a future block. each DAC would have its own chain like this. providing the tools is the easy part, using these tools to make a profitable dac is the hard part.

*edit* infact this could be totally separate from the nxt project. who ever made this tool wouldnt need anyones permission from the nxt project to do so and infact there is no way any of us could even stop them if they wanted to.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 04:04:53 PM

James

James

James

Edit: Check this out:-

Conclusion
DACs are a useful metaphor for designing decentralized systems that provide useful goods and services to society.   If something as complex as a bank can be implemented as a DAC then it is clearly possible to implement many other things as DACs.   In the future I will outline my designs for DACs that perform the following services:

1) News Aggregation
2) AdWords
3) Domain Names
4) Patents, Copyright and next generation Intellectual Property
5) Insurance
6) Courts, Escrow, and Arbitration
7) Authenticated Anonymous Voting
Cool Prediction Markets
9) Next Generation Search Engines

Additionally I will describe a new approach for funding the development of DACs in a decentralized manner.   There is an exciting future filled with DACs that can faithfully provide services previously delegated to trusted 3rd parties.  We just need to learn the fundamental principles used to design DACs and then combine them in new and unique ways.

Source: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/dac-revisited/#.UtqjCxDFJaR

What URLs are best to get useful details so I can help implement some DACs. It does sound really powerful. Currently, society pays an enormous amount for almost any company to provide trusted services, eg. banks, insurance, etc. When all they do is pretty simply math.

Is there a way to be able to test a DAC? I like to develop things interactively and learn best from trial and error.

James

gbeirn

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:06:04 PM

I wouldn't block anything at all. There is no problem to find 10 trusted people.

Looks like idea to block 10 accounts failed. What about sending 1M to 10 accounts without changes in the code?

Yes then lets do this. I can't even imagine people want to destroy coins. On one page people complain the founders are not donating enough to help fund projects and then the next page people are given the opportunity to get 10M to fund projects and they want to destroy them, this is crazy.

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
gbeirn

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

I wouldn't block anything at all. There is no problem to find 10 trusted people.

Looks like idea to block 10 accounts failed. What about sending 1M to 10 accounts without changes in the code?

I say you keep the funds and we keep running these contest....seems to be working....if they want funding enter the contest if they create something good then they win the funding....not need to spend money if the work will not be done or be wasted.

SO....my idea: EACH MONTH....for the next ten months we spend 1 million NXT.

Contest: Can be marketing plans, PR plans, Client, Websites, Plans to further Nxt growth, etc.

LOOK HOW THE AM CONTEST IS MOTIVATING PEOPLE.

I agree with landomata -- status quo has been working fine... I'm not sure why there's a rush to make a decision on this.

For the first month, I propose giving 1 mil to the PR group/liaison/ambassador(s). They've received little to nothing, and we've all individually spent our own money on projects.

Maybe BCNext and CFB want to be freed up to work on other things. BCNext himself said you shouldn't trust him Wink Spread the coins and by doing so, spread the risk that one person will do something bad with all 10M. In this case I think the people who receive the coins should be made public so we can public ally shun and humiliate them if they run off with the coins. Plus we can track everything through the block chain so we know what is going where.

NXT VPS Server Donations can be sent here: 6044921191674841550
At the end of each month I will donate some of them back to the community.
This is separate from my main wallet so you can keep track of them. I will keep them in there and only use them for hosting.
Pages: « 1 ... 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: