Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:57:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Alias

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

Money be green

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:02:27 PM

Does it need to be able to execute arbitrary general purpose programming code (c++ in your example)? Realistically aren't there only a number of core functions that a DAC or DNA would need to perform. We don't need to go all Turing Complete like Ethereum.

Yes it definitely would need to be able to execute arbitrary general purpose code. DACs would need to be able to compete with real humans making management decisions for their corporations. They never really would be able to but there inferiority in this respect would be countered by the fact that they would be immune to state coercion. Still even with the assistance of state immunity they would need every conceivable asset in their favor for them to stand a chance against human management. The blockchain would definitely need to be turing complete to stand a chance. We really need to be looking at filling the niche that eTherium is trying to capitalize on. We can and should do it better.

*edit* we can and should do it better on totally separate block chains so people who want to just use nxt dont risk downloading malware

There is one large advantage that NXT can have here - voting. A DAC in NXT will of course be governed by it's own rule-set but certain decisions relevant to the actions the DAC takes can be made by consensus too. You're then outsourcing the need for extremely powerful computational power of the DAC to the minds of the community members.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:03:11 PM

need more orders on my awesome orderbook guys, check it out, place some orders, fill some orders, leave some feedback. Anything helps

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuZ9UiDk97ajdFQtdHN2RElUQU10NjdqRUNkWm5uUlE#gid=0

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:03:19 PM

http://weibo.com/btc38   announced that they will launch a new cryptocurrency tomorrow 15:30 15:00 (UTC+8), but we don't know which one they will launch.

BTW, I do suggest not send Nxt to those exchanges. The exchange is just a free market and anyone can take party in. We the community can provide technique support if asked. I think there is no paid work for some exchange to p&d. I believe Nxt need to get its success by its innovation.

Edit: BTC38 will open deposit at 14:30.
http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/altgeneral/663.html

Is this where you found it?
What does this article say? Anyone?

What I found is from BTC38 offical weibo page: http://weibo.com/btc38/, that is an announcement for a new cryptocurrency launch today 15:00.

The link you mentioned talked about some guys bought in future coin and future coin price climed 10X. It's a confusion between the Chinese name from the translation of "future coin" and "Nxt".  In Chinese, "next generation" ~ "future"

landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:03:24 PM

Does it need to be able to execute arbitrary general purpose programming code (c++ in your example)? Realistically aren't there only a number of core functions that a DAC or DNA would need to perform. We don't need to go all Turing Complete like Ethereum.

Yes it definitely would need to be able to execute arbitrary general purpose code. DACs would need to be able to compete with real humans making management decisions for their corporations. They never really would be able to but there inferiority in this respect would be countered by the fact that they would be immune to state coercion. Still even with the assistance of state immunity they would need every conceivable asset in their favor for them to stand a chance against human management. The blockchain would definitely need to be turing complete to stand a chance. We really need to be looking at filling the niche that eTherium is trying to capitalize on. We can and should do it better.

*edit* we can and should do it better on totally separate block chains so people who want to just use nxt dont risk downloading malware

There is one large advantage that NXT can have here - voting. A DAC in NXT will of course be governed by it's own rule-set but certain decisions relevant to the actions the DAC takes can be made by consensus too. You're then outsourcing the need for extremely powerful computational power of the DAC to the minds of the community members.

SEMI-AUTONOMOUS

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:05:19 PM

SEMI-AUTONOMOUS

that defeats the purpose. the semi part can be clubbed over the head by the government.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:06:36 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 05:28:32 PM by EmoneyRu

Why not just link the open source and forum thread links, if any, for all the available clients.

I'll create in 5 min NRS wrap up that will steal users' passwords. Can it be listed there? Why not?

Alias

Money be green

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:07:51 PM

1) News Aggregation
2) AdWords
3) Domain Names
4) Patents, Copyright and next generation Intellectual Property
5) Insurance
6) Courts, Escrow, and Arbitration
7) Authenticated Anonymous Voting
Cool Prediction Markets
9) Next Generation Search Engines

this + DNA + distributed computation protocoll + 3 month -> nxt gateway to the global finance market -> strike

(building DNAs in c/c++ is dangerous, you can't sandboxing this. at least with a granularity necessary.
interpreted, prototype and self reflectional languages are much better for this, they are also widely used
within academic ai research and there are several good reason for this.)

ps: perhaps DNAs could find some pattern in strange stuff like this -> http://87.230.14.1/download/0003.png or this http://87.230.14.1/download/0002.png
at least it would be fun to shift possibilities some percentages into the right direction.

By "strike" do you mean "technological unemployment"? That's what I see. Like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SuGRgdJA_c

Those patterns look like Cellular Automate. Perhaps a DNA could generate it's own income producing academic research outputs based on the NXT system. It already covers a vast amount of fields - economics, sociology, cybernetics, artificial intelligence, chaos theory etc.

Couldn't you sandbox the c/c++ by executing it on a virtual/emulated computer spread across the network? It would certainly be a lot slower.

All this sounds nice and all that, but it seems to be purely theoretical. Are there any reference implementations of a simple DAC? I can see how a DAC's logic can be published using open source, or is the code actually just put into a blockchain?

Maybe a DAC can simply use the NXT blockchain to easily implement its own private blockchain by using AM?

There just seem to be so many gaps between the theory and a DDK (DAC development kit)

James

You are absolutely correct. It is theoretical as there are few obvious implementations of a DAC. The concept wasn't worth thinking about before the advent of decentralised trust-less systems with Bitcoin. And Bitcoin is not necessarily the ideal vehicle on which to slap a DAC. Bitcoin itself can be considered a DAC however. It is decentralised/distributed. It is autonomous and follows its largely pre-defined rule-set. And it serves its community of miners by providing them with block rewards and it rewards its other users with the utility of a decent payment system.

Indeed, the arbitrary message system could be very improtant for this.

Did you miss this comment earlier:

Edit: For a crude test you could ignore the trustless/decentralised nature of a DAC and simply execute a standalone piece of code on 2 or more NXTers computers (i.e. they are already running the NXT client/daemon) which performs some action (like interrogates their balance for example) and get it to message back to your node/instance of the app (and every other node). The messaging could be internal or external to the NXT system. So this simple/pointless app lets everyone in that community (2 or 3 NXTers or however many) know the balance of each others accounts.

In times of change, it is the learners who will inherit the earth, while the learned will find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists.
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:08:22 PM

latest news: an exchange in China called bter will add Nxt to their platform

http://bter.com/article/12

Nice one
We construct an QQ(like skype) group and vote to bter that which to be added to their exchange platform,and the result is much better... Cheesy

Allwelder, can you make a chinese video with explanation of the clients from Marcus03 and minusbalancer?

if not I will make one, can you publisch on chinese media?

Pin
Yes,I will produce a video,but I did not use their client yet.
And may be I need to have a try.
If you can provide the video,that is better,and can save some time ,I am willing to publish on China media right now and promote it as more as possible.

wanna use any of my video?

http://wideo.co/view/1504591387756502643-nxt-generation-of-cryptocurrency

http://wideo.co/view/1302961386976944647-nxt-mining

http://wideo.co/view/1302961386354824506-nxt-generation-of-cryptocurrency

I can put there your sound, texts, etc

Those videos are great, and I had interest to translate and add subtitle weeks ago, however, those videos are mainly animation and there are no voice, so I gave up. Of course, I think most Chinese who are interested in Nxt at this early stage can read and understand those videos.

I don't see some videos with voice and sounds if I'm not missing something.

voice:
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:10:55 PM

need more orders on my awesome orderbook guys, check it out, place some orders, fill some orders, leave some feedback. Anything helps

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuZ9UiDk97ajdFQtdHN2RElUQU10NjdqRUNkWm5uUlE#gid=0

How do I fill/place an order there?!
The sheet is not editable!

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:11:20 PM

Client is really a con right now. I already imagine chinaman downloading the client via the link on BTER. He will unzip and wtf, that doesn't work right out of the package, what is dis crap  Cheesy

Why aren't third party clients posted on the main page of http://nxtcrypto.org yet? These were funded, so why not promote them?

Also, ideally we need an entire translation of the nxtcrypto.org site in chinese with a simple button at the top to change language.

Only with caution that they are not checked. Let's be honest, they still can contain malicious code. They were not checked properly.

Since they are not open source (?), this should be discussed before we post them on nxtcrypto.org.

the CHINESE LANGUAGE SHOULD BE DONE ASAP!

I wanted to use unclaimed coins to pay for translations, but people probably don't want to pay for marketing now:

more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.msg4555477#msg4555477
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:11:46 PM

SEMI-AUTONOMOUS

that defeats the purpose. the semi part can be clubbed over the head by the government.

Semi part == community consensus via Voting system.

landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:12:43 PM

I wanted to use unclaimed coins to pay for translations, but people probably don't want to pay for marketing now:

more info:

THAT IS MARKETING

Alias

Money be green

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:14:55 PM

SEMI-AUTONOMOUS

Not really. There are DACs and there are autonomous agents (like in Ethereum, I can see why these might need to be Turing Complete) AKA DNAs (Decentralised NXT Agents). I agree that a strong definition of a DNA shouldn't involve consensus/voting. However, a Decentralised Autonomous Community is literally operating to support its community. They ought to have the ability to at least acknowledge or verify or oppose important decisions. The DAC could conceivably ignore any voting input if it "knows" based on its available data that its course of action is the optimal one.

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:16:02 PM

Edit: For a crude test you could ignore the trustless/decentralised nature of a DAC and simply execute a standalone piece of code on 2 or more NXTers computers (i.e. they are already running the NXT client/daemon) which performs some action (like interrogates their balance for example) and get it to message back to your node/instance of the app (and every other node). The messaging could be internal or external to the NXT system. So this simple/pointless app lets everyone in that community (2 or 3 NXTers or however many) know the balance of each others accounts.

So, the DAC is opensource software that runs on people's computers
It uses NXT blockchain to store its actions in the blockchain using AM

This would allow for any language to be used to run the DAC, even C!
The realworld actions of the DAC would be done within the opensource code

The DAC would then be limited to actions that can be done via software. Actions like crypto transactions, including Asset Exchange would be possible.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
landomata
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

Not really. There are DACs and there are autonomous agents or DNAs (Decentralised NXT Agents). I agree that a strong definition of a DNA shouldn't involve consensus/voting. However, a Decentralised Autonomous Community is literally operating to support its community. They ought to have the ability to at least acknowledge or verify or oppose important decisions. The DAC could conceivably ignore any voting input if it "knows" based on its available data that its course of action is the optimal one.

This is artificial intelligence is it not?

Alias

Money be green

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:18:41 PM

Not really. There are DACs and there are autonomous agents or DNAs (Decentralised NXT Agents). I agree that a strong definition of a DNA shouldn't involve consensus/voting. However, a Decentralised Autonomous Community is literally operating to support its community. They ought to have the ability to at least acknowledge or verify or oppose important decisions. The DAC could conceivably ignore any voting input if it "knows" based on its available data that its course of action is the optimal one.

This is artificial intelligence is it not?

Yes, but don't confuse that with Artificial General Intelligence AKA Strong AI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_AI.

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:19:58 PM

Client is really a con right now. I already imagine chinaman downloading the client via the link on BTER. He will unzip and wtf, that doesn't work right out of the package, what is dis crap  Cheesy

Why aren't third party clients posted on the main page of http://nxtcrypto.org yet? These were funded, so why not promote them?

Also, ideally we need an entire translation of the nxtcrypto.org site in chinese with a simple button at the top to change language.

Only with caution that they are not checked. Let's be honest, they still can contain malicious code. They were not checked properly.

Since they are not open source (?), this should be discussed before we post them on nxtcrypto.org.

more info:

My sense was that a 30% allocation to marketing was supported by a majority. 3 million NXT for marketing is on the low side, but better than nothing.

I hope everyone saw the result of a single small exchange adding NXT.

Just imagine how many more exchanges and websites will support NXT after the 3 million NXT marketing campaign.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:21:45 PM

more info:

Hey,

what do you mean exactly with review and articels?
Do i get the NXT when i promote NXT on Big german forums too?
Where are over 100k Users?

Second Question.
When i can make it that the biggest german News Site (100 million too 1 billion clicks in a month) write about NXT (bild.de), how much NXT do i get?
NxtChoice

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:23:52 PM

latest news: an exchange in China called bter will add Nxt to their platform

http://bter.com/article/12

Nice one
We construct an QQ(like skype) group and vote to bter that which to be added to their exchange platform,and the result is much better... Cheesy

Allwelder, can you make a chinese video with explanation of the clients from Marcus03 and minusbalancer?

if not I will make one, can you publisch on chinese media?

Pin
Yes,I will produce a video,but I did not use their client yet.
And may be I need to have a try.
If you can provide the video,that is better,and can save some time ,I am willing to publish on China media right now and promote it as more as possible.

wanna use any of my video?

http://wideo.co/view/1302961386976944647-nxt-mining

http://wideo.co/view/1302961386354824506-nxt-generation-of-cryptocurrency

I can put there your sound, texts, etc

Those videos are great, and I had interest to translate and add subtitle weeks ago, however, those videos are mainly animation and there are no voice, so I gave up. Of course, I think most Chinese who are interested in Nxt at this early stage can read and understand those videos.

I don't see some videos with voice and sounds if I'm not missing something.

voice:

Thanks! I will translate it and add subtitle in the following day.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 05:25:01 PM

Is anyone here running nxtcrypto forums? If so can I somehow "reset my password"?
I don't see link anywhere. I once found an contact e-mail somewhere, but my question was left without an answer.

I am going to readd this feature now.

well it looks like the option to change password (if you already know existing one) was already added.  to reset password required mail server to be configured for the box.  Im not the unix admin on that box so I cant do that.  I will ask BTC24 about this.

Any news on that?

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Pages: « 1 ... 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 [1002] 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: