Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my entire wallet of 13 BTC.  (Read 3264 times)
Saldom12

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:52:18 PM

That is a very detrimental thing. 13 bitcoin can be to buy a house even you can buy anything you want if you have 13 bitcoin. I personally if having 13 bitcoin might be stressful. Grin
TechnoBibble

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

Of course this is sad, losing 13 btc or about $ 125k, luckily i never had bitcoin more than 5 btc because i always thought that bitcoin could disappear anytime so the safest way is by exchange to fiat and transfer to account.
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:15:06 PM

Just imagine that one of those brothers. Okay, imagine that nothing has happened, if that happens, it will not be returned. Sometimes we have to accept that nothing can do it. But you can handle that brother.
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:24:21 PM

This is a very common problem I have often heard of. It is sad that everything can be lost so easily when they keys will be known. I think this might be given solution in the future and bitcoin will ever be strong and very much secured in the future.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:28:11 PM

This is really sad news . You have our sympathy. We understand what you feel and what you are going through right now.

Thank you for sharing this with us as a warning even though some will really not understand. I am also hoping that the culprit will somehow give you something that you can use to start again. 

I think the best way to do is to move on, start again and be very careful next time.

A lesson learned.
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:33:31 PM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.
That is very awful dude. I am very sorry for your loss. A bit of advise, it will not be returned to you. I know it and experienced it before but 13 BTC is a huge amount. If you have 1 BTC today, that's an achievement. But 13 BTC, I don't know what we can do about it.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:43:00 PM

Omg what a sad story. This must be a lesson for everyone, also to those who have their coins on a hardware wallet. It stops being safe if you leak your private keys.
Yes it better to always keep it within you coz its really hard to trust anybody if it involves money. So to everyone who can read this, i hope you keep your passwords and private keys in mind so that everything will go smoothly for you. If it involved larger wealth, you should take care of it more.
Cash BTC

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:58:13 PM

I dont understand. What did you do wrong? And how did you lose 13 BTC?
Shakawat

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:23:34 PM

it is tragedy for you too.it may be very harmful for you but it may be useful for others. i also cash my currencies because i do not want to lost my currencies now
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:00:34 PM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

@TheShillBilly Twitter

Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

I'm very very sad of what happen to you. I am sorry for your loss, 13+ Bitcoin is very huge amount of money then suddenly gone immediately.
Let's pray that someday it will be given back to you. Just piece of advice, just don't expose anything information to public and hacker might do anything to get it and please install google authenticator so that it adds security for your protection specially for withdrawal transactions.
Hopefully, this experience will be a reminder to all of us that we need to be really careful and be cautious before we do anything or expose our wallets to any site. I hope that there will be additional security features of wallet to avoid this theft from hackers who don't live fairly and don't have conscience to steal from others. God knows who you are.
russaa8

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:23:24 PM

I can not even imagine how a person can now earn from 0 13 bitcoins. It will be very difficult, I do not even know how to give advice.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:28:02 PM

I can not even imagine how a person can now earn from 0 13 bitcoins. It will be very difficult, I do not even know how to give advice.

yes it is possible to earn 13 btc or more as long as you are a hardworking person. Infact 13btc is still a verry small amount. Other people like whales do have over 100 to 1000 bitcoins on their stash and gues what? They still continue to earn and earn more .

it is tragedy for you too.it may be very harmful for you but it may be useful for others. i also cash my currencies because i do not want to lost my currencies now

Were on the same boat.  I do also cash out my coins immediately as long as i recieve something on my wallet because im am affraid to loose it and also im afraid from the dangers of volatility.

@op , that was really bad . I suggest try to be more careful nextime on what you do in order to avoid further problems.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:37:32 PM

Too bad that it happened to you, it may look like you're not the one who's responsible for that but i think somehow it is your fault that you kept big amount in your account that it became an eye opener to hacked by anyone. I  really feel sorry for what happened to you. Just forget about it and move on and try to get some advice.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

That's really sad to know that you lost such a huge amount. 13 BTC[ is a big number. Although I haven't lost as much as you, but I had also lost 4 Bitcoins when a reputed online exchange ran away with all the money. I was left befuddled and in shock. After that I made a pledge not to store private keys anywhere except a paper wallet.
Spanopohlo

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Aim High! Bow Low!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:48:35 PM

Its really a bad thing to Put all that BTC at one wallet, its really risky and thus paying the price is really devastating. I dont know how you'll move forward from that kind of experience but, just think of what you have left and make that your starting point again. Really sorry for the lost of that 13BTC and if some cases that you'll get it back then that's  nice thing to hear But if not, then keep moving forward.

Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:59:26 PM

Here is the transaction.

@TheShillBilly Twitter

Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

Its weird because you gave the address '1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb' but this address never had a single transaction, how you lose 13 btc?
https://blockchain.info/address/1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb

And about ledger nano, i didn't understand how could it possible, because you need to approve the transaction physically pushing the button.

I didn't saying that you are a lier, im so sorry if this is all true but i think that have some missing information about it.

Man do you know that an attacker can fully recreate a Ledger from a backup 24-word list? And that actually giving away one private key is as good as giving away all private keys to the attacker? So if he did give away his 24-word backup, or did give away one private key, it is enough that an attacker can recreate his ledger and press a button on his recreated ledger.

So do not call that man a lier, he is a poor man who made a (very costly) mistake.
Mostshisha

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:25:53 PM

Almost every month we hear story like this, people being scammed and left empty handed. thanks by posting this we can get some idea for future transaction we don't do what you have done.
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:34:06 PM

very deep condolence for you. if i were you, maybe i would end up like you too.
i hope the culprit of your wallet change their heart because they see you in this forum.

I think you have a Trojan on your computer or download a wallet fake that has a backdoor that allows hackers to get your key. the money lost somehow, calm, drinking alcohol or try to sleep. the faster you deal with, the good for your health. why you save all saving your life in BTC? I really don't understand. Unfortunately the only thing you can do now is analyze your actions step-by-step to know which software compromised.
novak hiel

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:31:05 AM

This made me feel sick, hope you recover soon. Get back on your feet as fast as you can and move on.
Advicerabi

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:05:30 AM

That's a very huge loss. This story scares me quite a bit actually because a few days ago I had experienced this, even though the numbers are not as big as this. From this I got lesson, never put too much coins on 1 wallet. Now I'm have many wallet to save my coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: