Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my entire wallet of 13 BTC.  (Read 3264 times)
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:13:55 AM

Sad sorry to hear that... hope you're able to keep you hope high despite what happen and still believe...learning from your experience I'm pretty sure you know now how to secure your wallet with enough btc on it...keep trying and you still have a lot of time making up your loss you will gain profit in the coming days.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:25:26 AM

Too bad that it happened to you, it may look like you're not the one who's responsible for that but i think somehow it is your fault that you kept big amount in your account that it became an eye opener to hacked by anyone. I  really feel sorry for what happened to you. Just forget about it and move on and try to get some advice.
I feel bad for you for experiencing that kind of devastating event. My advice for you is just live the kind of life you want and take that as an inspiration don't feel down and just rise up. Everything will be alright you just have to keep moving. Your btc will come back to you higher than before.
imteaz

Activity: 532
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:26:00 AM

This is really sad, I feel for you. I had a similar experience in the last November, sent a big amount of lumen to my another wallet, it didn't come, i was really worried, contacted bittrex, they said I sent it to wrong address, however after 7 days i figured out i sent this to my friend's wallet, i called him and he said yes and sent me back. I was lucky it was my friend.

TheShillBilly (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:44:11 AM

REALLY, thank you all... Never have I exhibited such knowingly risky behavior and been burned so hard. I’m normally a very risk averse person. Yet in this case, I disregarded my better judgement as if I was blinded by greed. Fascinating to question my personal headspace and why I made the decisions that I did. I just don’t fucking get it. Anyway, thanks for the kind words.
hoavantathan

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:49:39 AM

What a lesson! Poor you!  I will take some solution after reading this. I do not trust anyone anymore
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:53:29 AM

REALLY, thank you all... Never have I exhibited such knowingly risky behavior and been burned so hard. I’m normally a very risk averse person. Yet in this case, I disregarded my better judgement as if I was blinded by greed. Fascinating to question my personal headspace and why I made the decisions that I did. I just don’t fucking get it. Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Dude, face it and let's it go. Don't expect the hacker will return what he stole from you. You bought a lesson, though it is so expensive.
Everyone is greedy, but be smart enough to not blind your eyes.
CryptoSmile

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:53:37 AM

Very sad and stifling chest, hopefully you can be patient and be a lesson to be more careful in maintaining btc. what has happened is a lesson because anyone will be able to experience the same thing as you experience.
upinros

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:04:43 AM

Losing a lot of Bitcoin because of your stupidity but not claiming fork coins. But you can move and get back up. You know all your life savings. Especially one of the new forks like diamond. You are quite safe getting BCH and BTG, but always thinking about it. Do you need 1000 $ more at a cost of 10k? Can you give more details of OP.
TheShillBilly (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:05:41 AM

In due time, yes.

Beware to all, don’t download closed source wallets to collect your forks(snapshot in the last 6 months) in the mean time.

Don’t input your CURRENT BTC seeds into a forked wallet.

Don’t send BTC to your old seeds after you’ve input them a wallet.

So many rules. So easy to break them. So harsh the consequences.

Bitmex 100x sounds like a plan to recover, no? /sarcasm/
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:31:17 AM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

I think that is the biggest mistake that you made to lost your entire wallet that's have a 13 bitcoin. I don't know how you lost it but I think you're regreting it now but how can possibly that you lost your wallet if it is an online wallet? 
hongtham

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:37:15 AM

Do not be sad
This is a lesson learned, learn from mistakes you have made.
Be careful in every case, every situation.
There are so many scams, in various forms.
You should not keep too much BTC but diversify your investment,
This is my advice and hope you do not be sad about it,

GOLD Stablecoin https://gold.storage/
xali

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:41:22 AM

Wow, such a high amount. I would not want to imagine how it would be to me to lose that huge amount.. Wow, more than one hundred thousand dollars, that is more money that what a lot of people can imagine in here.

someone else had been posting on my account for over a year; Every post from January 10 2017 to June 18 2018 is NOT ME
Whoever this person was that got access to my account, felt the need to shill something called "bidium" in my signature
very surreal. is this normal? the internet is full of crooks... watch out
Kieran Thomas

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 04:55:49 AM

I have already seen some more people losing their hard earned coins when just trying to get forked coins. Already a person lost his bitcoins when downloading a fake wallet instead of downloading Electrum wallet from the official. So nothing could protect any one indulging in cryptos except his self awareness.
ondabeat

Activity: 104

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:35:42 AM

I've seen more people lose their hard-earned coins. Someone has lost the bitcoin when downloading a fake wallet instead of downloading the Electrum wallet from the official www.electrum website. org.
tarball

Activity: 98
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:49:06 AM

If you access your forked coins, it undermines your privacy. Andreas Antonopoulos discussed this a youtube video. Because you have to expose your mnemonic, passphrase, or privkeys, it is recommended to send your bitcoin to another wallet. Let's say you have bitcoin in 10 address. Those 10 will be used as inputs in one transaction indicating that the all those addresses have 1 owner. To go around this obstacle, it is best to send coins in each address individually (and that will mean you would have to pay more fees). So it is best to not touch your forked coins. Besides, most of them are either scams or worthless.

Thanks for reading my post.
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:17:35 AM

It’s just really hard to think my financial freedom from this whole fucking rigged system is gone.

It seems, unethical if bitcoin's said to be a cheating system because the bitcoin system works on its own without any interference from third parties including "Satoshi Nakamoto" itself as the creator of bitcoin.

I hope there is the best way after the occurrence of this case and you can return do the activity as usual and can produce more than yesterday.
Thera Bethari

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:23:30 AM

With that huge amount of bitcoin, everyone should be aware and more cautious when it comes to the security of it.  We must have a reliable wallet from where we could keep them as well as not to be careless in leaving information of your access code on your computer or any device.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:29:14 AM

This caution should have been realized much earlier, on the very first day you thought of buying your first Bitcoin. Right now, you are regretting your wrong moves. There will be lessons learned of course but they came very costly on you. I hope you are not the only one that will learn lessons from such disappointing experience. I and all those who have came across your OP should also take in some nice lessons.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:37:02 AM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.
Oh! This would be one of the worst nightmare for you mate, I even cry if ever I lose a small amount how much more with this big amount ,I maybe cry for a year if this happen to me anyway thanks for the warning hope it will be a lesson for you and for everbody, keep your password safe always and never leave it with out logging out in any transactions we will made.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:44:55 AM

- snip -
I’m already sick to my stomach.
- snip -
just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.
- snip -
I have now lost my entire life savings.
- snip -
Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

As an additional warning to those that are new to the space...

If the amount of value that you are holding in crypto is such that you would be devastated if you lost it all, then you are holding too much value in crypto.

These are experimental, volatile, and risky protocols.  Do not risk your mental and emotional well-being.
Yes, I totally agree with you, sir. I don't get it - he has 13 bitcoin but it also seems like he doesn't have anything else? I would not recommend anyone to put 90% of his wealth in crypto, not at all. So if you can afford 13 btc, it would always be smart to keep 3 bitcoins and the rest should be cashed out and placed in a safe such as banks. My sincere condolences to the thread starter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: