Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my entire wallet of 13 BTC.  (Read 3264 times)
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:13:13 PM

By the way, if that transaction were created & signed on a completely air-gapped (offline) computer (in other words, if backup wordlist private information were "leaked" on an air-gapped computer too) and then in a raw form copied onto an USB stick and then moved onto an online computer and broadcasted using the webpage broadcaster, would you guys consider this scheme safe?

I am partly asking beacuse I am entertaining a thought of attempting such a scheme myself with BitcoinX, without moving my Bitcoins away... risky, I know, but if executed without errors would it be safe?
Nekroser

Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:40:44 PM

The hacker probably cried and jumped for joy. This amount is not everyone can steal. I just did not understand, if your papers were stored on Ledger, then how they were stolen? Did the hacker recognize the Seed-phrase?
anthonydav

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

Holy..
Tough luck man, that's a lot of money. Sorry for your loss.
I will never understand why people hold all of their money in one wallet.
That's just not smart..
fluctuations

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:56:21 PM

I am sorry to hear this. In fact, there are a lot of hackers taking money so you need to be careful and start over.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

Its as ad that that happened , Bitcoin is such a valuable coin that losing even one hurts deeply losing coins over careless ness however is something that we must take blame for, Your private key is meant only for your eyes,  no one else, you share it with anyone then get ready to lose,

bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:17:36 PM

Well we can't do nothing about that, be careful next time.
evichi

Activity: 1204
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:49:49 PM

It is really devastating,  but take heart, once there is life there is hope. You never know things can turn around again and you can make it again. I lost some big money to internet scammers sometime. There one simple but important lesson that I learnt- DO NOT KEEP ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET!. Same applies to investment. Ensure there is backup. Any system can fail you. Please remain healthy and plan ahead.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
vanessbtf39

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:54:55 PM

regrettable, just one more lesson, to be more careful, to whatever may happen and what else, to move on ...
CryptoMauren

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:08:25 PM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

I am also a concern over the incident, OMG 13 BTC is lost, I never imagine if it happened to me, I hope it's not, thank you for sharing your experience to us, so we have to more carefully control our purse, For you i dont know what i want to say  Cry Cry Cry friend ,but in order to be patient in the face of these problems, I pray that you get better again after this , spiriit friend
Et Hereum

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:29:30 PM

Of course, it is very unpleasant to lose such a large amount of bitcoins. But I still think you're ignoring your safety. When it comes to your own money, you need to be more serious and a hundred times to recheck everything.
Skyonito

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:34:10 PM

13 btc is so a very high amount
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:36:27 PM

It's very sad because 13 btc is really big money, you should try to get access to your wallet at any way, money is not the main stuff but your health is , hope you will find your money.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:47:20 PM

I am so sorry this happened. That is really devastating. I appreciate your willingness to use your hard experience as a way to educate others. Sometime when you're ready, perhaps you can post an article about what went wrong (and how you'd do it differently) on Steemit.com? Who knows? You might be able to recover some of the loss through upvotes?

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.
curry101

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:08:18 PM

Sorry for your lost. 13+btc is very big amount. I can build my own house or build up my own business in that amount. This another advice and a reminder to all always be careful on you wallets and accounts to prevent lost and scam. And also dont leave a very big amount of btc on your wallets, transfer it to your saving to be secure.

faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:18:11 PM

Without any single doubt, the hacked BTC is being monitored by its hacker. For the meantime he will not withdraw it. Then after a few years of holding He might sell it, or transfer it to another wallet.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:40:05 AM

I simply would never keep my whole capital in the bitcoin value only because this is way too risky. At this point all you can do after such loss is properly analyze what was wrong and which software actually let you down.

rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 10:44:59 AM

Exposing your private keys to other wallets while using ledger nano s is a big risk, especially for those trash forks that really does not worth to do it. 13 btc is huge amount  Embarrassed
henry clinton

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:53:56 AM

I'm really really sorry for your loss, 13BTC is a very big amount. hope you can let it go and face the future as usual again.
shkwarka333

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:25:06 AM

I've seen more people lose their hard-earned coins. Someone has lost the bitcoin when downloading a fake wallet instead of downloading the Electrum wallet from the official www.electrum website. org.
The main thing is not to thirst and then everything you do will begin to bear fruit. There are a lot of mistakes that people make, as well as there are rules that will help to avoid it. Just next time take a little time and look for information before you take this case
MUSFIKAR

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:56:50 AM

You've seen more people lose their hard-earned coins when just trying to get a forked coin. Someone has lost his Bitcoin when downloading a fake wallet instead of downloading the Electrum wallet from the official www.electrum website. Any precautions to claim free coins. For criminals, you do not know, and you're sure they will not return them to you again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: