Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:26:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just lost my entire wallet of 13 BTC.  (Read 3264 times)
Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:03:55 PM

This is really sad, I feel for you. I had a similar experience in the last November, sent a big amount of lumen to my another wallet, it didn't come, i was really worried, contacted bittrex, they said I sent it to wrong address, however after 7 days i figured out i sent this to my friend's wallet, i called him and he said yes and sent me back. I was lucky it was my friend.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:38:35 AM

This is a very bad news, so sorry for that I really feel for you but, let me assure you that life goes on. Don't be discouraged let this challenges make you stronger instead of regreting and thinking all days take it as a lesson and work hard for the best is yet to come take heart and always be careful.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:21:46 AM

sorry to hear that my friend, but there are some peoples facing same problem like you.
they are now searching a way to recover the wallet file but not find any way.
but on your case, you lose your seed because you exposed it.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
MakLampir

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:29:44 AM

Of course, it is very unpleasant to lose such a large amount of bitcoins. But I still think you're ignoring your safety. When it comes to your own money, you need to be more serious and a hundred times to recheck everything.
soraxas01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:37:34 AM

Sorry for your loss next time dont keep your bitcoins in one singular wallet and using forked coins.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:41:55 AM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

NEVER EXPOSE YOUR BTC KEYS/Seed to an forked wallet.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Last night, my wallet was emptied of ALL my BTC, 13+ coins.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

Went to: 3LsvHPBGuEVLZZDUiUuNdNi33T7zmTBC7o

Here’s a signed message so you know I HAD controller of the wallet.
I’m not scamming, just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
@TheShillBilly Twitter

I've lost all my coins. Please help ANYONE. If you stole them
Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1QFFas4xGSy1p1Kj2ghyD6BJhVDmwWmyKb
H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.
I feel sorry for what have happened to you but I think you learned a lesson for this bad experience. At least you learn that you must not exposed you personal information online because things might happen.  Also,  I think you must not keep that big money to just 1 wallet.  That is 13 btc, if you keep it in different wallet then a small fraction of money will be the only thing that will gone.
Fathurrahman27

Activity: 350
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 06:00:11 AM

13 BTC to me is a huge amount and it may take a very long time to collect it. Oh god, why did it happen to you friend? Stay patient okey, god is always with you

NOIZ
- A decentralized cognitive ad network -  (https://noizchain.com/)
babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:08:20 AM

an enormous disaster, saddened by your loss of 13 BTC. thank you for the information and this has become a valuable lesson for me in keeping my bitcoin assets in order not to repeat the incident that happened to you
salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:55:11 AM

Well few months ago my online wallet got hacked and i lost 0.5 btc i know its low amount of bitcoin but its about the security of your wallet. How secure you are, Is you bitcoin is safe hand?
Well after getting hacked i learn from it,  i move to hardware wallets. Its like i am the own guard of my all bitcoins,  i don't need any internet connection to access my coin just for hardware wallet. After that day i stopped using online wallets they can hacked easily better to move coins in Physical wallets.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:01:45 AM

Well few months ago my online wallet got hacked and i lost 0.5 btc i know its low amount of bitcoin but its about the security of your wallet. How secure you are, Is you bitcoin is safe hand?
Well after getting hacked i learn from it,  i move to hardware wallets. Its like i am the own guard of my all bitcoins,  i don't need any internet connection to access my coin just for hardware wallet. After that day i stopped using online wallets they can hacked easily better to move coins in Physical wallets.

hardware wallets are safer than an online wallet but there is still a risk that it can be damage or shocked when dropped or if you didnt use carefully and as a result its data can also be affected.

hardware wallets are not for everyone because hardware wallets are too costy , thats why i would still stick to the traditional online wallet .

Online wallets do still have a good security as long as you are careful enough to login or when inputting your private keys and passwords .
ninjaeth

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:03:58 AM

I am really sorry to hear that. I cant imagine how much pain you are going through right now. But life is all about ups and down. Don't loose hope, maybe something bigger is waiting for you in the future. Still its 13 bitcoin !!! I dont know what will i do if i lost them all. Anyway i will pray for you and hope you can overcome with this situation.
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:19:33 PM

I have already expressed my opinion on this post. But the ultimate lesson to be drawn is that you should never try to get any forked coin without having first moved your coins somewhere else. No matter what makes you think you are safe. Full stop.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

- snip -
I’m already sick to my stomach.
- snip -
just utterly sick to my stomach for losing 13+ BTC.
- snip -
I have now lost my entire life savings.
- snip -
Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

As an additional warning to those that are new to the space...

If the amount of value that you are holding in crypto is such that you would be devastated if you lost it all, then you are holding too much value in crypto.

These are experimental, volatile, and risky protocols.  Do not risk your mental and emotional well-being.
Even though i am a strong advocate of holding your bitcoins, I think there are times that when you realize that you have made a lot of profit, you should just go ahead and sell and enjoy your profits you have accrued.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:29:06 PM

Cautionary Tale: I messed up. Big time. Please don’t pile on harder as I’m already sick to my stomach.

Two days ago, I attempted to split my BTC Diamond and BTC Private. I could not get it.

At some point, I exposed my Ledger Nano with my BTC on it, to each of their Electrum Wallets.

Here is the transaction.

Transaction Identifier: d96a7dcd9775456e36938ed2cb84e9d0cac46fad14b8c95008ed77d08f9f8de6

@TheShillBilly Twitter

H744TwI8rhqMHinDQdTtYiw3JGie9oC/p6XaUcPz25pzUcEoK0cakF0p1mBPZehnJk1PP8JgtEgte2OvDZXAr3g=

It appears that I have now lost my entire life savings. I’m not begging for a handout but rather attempting to warn anyone new to the space. I’m sick to my stomach with the loss and my only hope is to gain the attention of the culprit.

If you have any space in your heart, please return the BTC. I’d accept a fraction of what was stolen. Please don’t completely bankrupt me.

Unfortunately, what has been done cannot be undone. All we can do is to try again and hope for the best. Tragic and harsh but that is the truth. You might not yet feel good right now but I hope you won't give up to investing here yet. There is still room for you in this industry. I also hope that everyone can learn from this loss. I wished everyone will be more careful in dealing with this transactions.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:17:06 AM

Here is the transaction.

@TheShillBilly Twitter

it is just sad. if i was facing the same problem with you, i would never involved it cryptocurrency again.
this will become a lesson for us, never exposed seed or key of your wallet. if you want to expose it, maybe you should move it to web wallet first.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:29:01 AM

Here is the transaction.

@TheShillBilly Twitter

I think you were wrong in splitting your BTC. That action has led to the attention of hackers. Every transaction will bring attention to them and you need to be careful next time.
In addition, you should not hold too many Bitcoins in a wallet. Divide it into several wallets or you should only hold the amount of $ 20k or less. It is safe to hackers. condolence with you. Cry

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
squallw

Activity: 504
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:05:51 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 08:53:41 AM by squallw

Man do you know that an attacker can fully recreate a Ledger from a backup 24-word list? And that actually giving away one private key is as good as giving away all private keys to the attacker? So if he did give away his 24-word backup, or did give away one private key, it is enough that an attacker can recreate his ledger and press a button on his recreated ledger.

So do not call that man a lier, he is a poor man who made a (very costly) mistake.

Do you know that the owner can not have acess to the private key itself? As i know it is impossible to extract private keys from a hardware wallets for safety.
The owner has the seed, but everyone know that you should never give it to anyone.

I didn't said that OP is lier, read again.
But it not clear for me, how he compromised his security.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:49:38 AM

I'm sorry for your lose, this could be a tough lesson that can be learn also to anyone of us, we just be very careful to store our holding, even if you know that it is secure, still don't be sure because anything can be stolen in the internet.
Dhimas Kanjeng

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:09:39 AM

Here is the transaction.

@TheShillBilly Twitter

Please return them! Please Please Please!  RT to help...

Most users do not want to be concerned about security, we should never think that bitcoin is always safe, you do not own the case as it has happened a lot and the lesson of this is activating all the security features.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     COVEX  |  One Stop Trading Platform      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|  |  |  |  Fast & Reliable  |  Real Time  |  Secure  |  Sharing Fees  |  |  |  |
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook     ██  PRE-ICO: MAY 12TH  ██     Twitter  Reddit  Medium
odakorlina

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 06:19:12 AM

We must know how to protect our property safely and lesson learned to everyone do not store much money in just one address. This is warning to everyone don't expose your private key or other key to access your wallet because that amount waste hacked never back to you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: