Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GLB]Globe – One Currency for One Globe - Polished and Ready for Action  (Read 113553 times)
sphere (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:34:45 PM

Sampey check upstream I told you why it's impossible to answer your question.

Globe - Economically viable, Fast, Stable. Join the revolution! - Globe
atta2k15

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:38:07 PM

I am more than happy to give a trusted individual control over the reserves if the community supports the Idea.

Arrange it, with a trusted member of the community.
(or list of people who have access)
1 man on the reserves of a coin will not work.

Thx for lightning up  Cool
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:42:19 PM

I am more than happy to give a trusted individual control over the reserves if the community supports the Idea.

Arrange it, with a trusted member of the community.
(or list of people who have access)
1 man on the reserves of a coin will not work.

Thx for lightning up  Cool

No problem. I will ask bcfanminer he has helped considerably with this project Smiley

Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:00:45 PM

Sampey check upstream I told you why it's impossible to answer your question.

Ok Man no problem impossible answer are answer that doesn't exists.  Wink
So, price is 0.0005 Right? Would you buy my 9k Globe for hum.........let's see.........a little discount...........3 BTC (1,5 Discount) ?
bcfanminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 07:04:21 PM

Thank you sphere for your trust.
I have read all your discussions, and find that all you guys wanna it succeed.
Good, you all guys trust Globe.
Next thing, in my opinion, is that we should let more people trust it as well.
As atta2k15 suggested, open to the community is the key step.

By the way, Sampey, could you share your points as well?
We can discuss, and build a friendly community.

At the end, I really like the idea of "tax" and "stable price".
"Tax" means that the development team/owner does get money together with miners in a fair way daily. The owner cannot pump and dump and go away, because he doesn't have a lot of coins at the beginning, but day by day.
Moreover, the "Tax" means that the development team/owner must take responsibility to provide continuous management/support to the coin. This is good.
"Stable price" is backed by BTC/LTC/USD can make sure that if the price drops too quickly, the stored money can buy the coin to reduce the speed. If the price jumps too fast, the stored GLB can be sold to calm it down. The benefit is that people will feel it easier and more secure to trade in GLB, without worrying about when to sell/buy GLBs.

Anyway, we need more open and more decentralization.

GLB: 17Uv5AhHSEspdfAGhii2RGzTNmVaCmr5qT
BET: BMdQUQh1zVqPiHeQCYfGbKX1j8PVEThoVy
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:13:18 PM

"Tax" means that the development team/owner does get money together with miners in a fair way daily. The owner cannot pump and dump and go away, because he doesn't have a lot of coins at the beginning, but day by day.
Moreover, the "Tax" means that the development team/owner must take responsibility to provide continuous management/support to the coin. This is good.
"Stable price" is backed by BTC/LTC/USD can make sure that if the price drops too quickly, the stored money can buy the coin to reduce the speed. If the price jumps too fast, the stored GLB can be sold to calm it down. The benefit is that people will feel it easier and more secure to trade in GLB, without worrying about when to sell/buy GLBs.

Hi, I agree we need to decentralize more. Here is my development wishlist. This may or may not come true and is a medium/long term view because It relies on others developing and adopting Globe.

1. An exchange, preferably de-centralized and with API to automate a good reserve and price stabilization mechanism.

2. Some Scripts to be developed that use API to buy/sell Globes to maintain stable price and build reserve

3. A server/servers to host these scripts

4. Develop a method of distributing the reserve on the Network. Both GLB/BTC/USD/LTC

5. Embed the price stabilization mechanism into the network.

Unfortunately, to do this we need webmasters and great developers I am neither. In the mean time I am very good with advertising/marketing and business in general and can offer bounties for further development and push for adoption.

Sampey
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:20:03 PM

Oh yes  Wink

Tax at 20% = 20% Premine With the only difference that is a pre-mine each block and not at the beginning. It's an enormous amount.
We are at block 37330, so total coin is 373300.
sphere have 74660 and users have 298640.

From the main topic :

1.   65% of this tax will be converted into fiat currencies such as USD & EUR (when an exchange starts trading Globe in fiat currencies) the remainder will stay in Globe and Bitcoin form.
2.   If Globes value rises or decreases very fast (generally 20% in under 24 hours) the dev. team will sell an appropriate amount of currency to ease the volatility. E.g. if Globe price falls very low, very fast Bitcoins and fiat currencies will be sold to ease effects. Due to the inflation Globe is likely to be much more stable even without this feature.

This is all against the principle of the free Cryptocurrency markets, where people decide price because theres a COMPLETE decentralization.

Another big problems is the Dev Team :

- Bad Launch, no -QT wallet, Dev doesn't know how to creat one, 50% of this thread is about problems.
- Coin relaunch because first release have problems.
- Coins near killed (read some page back), but dev doesn't know NOTHING about Retarget Concept (another users help dev to understand). So i think globe is a copy/paste
- Dev try to give a Market Values before other important things like Stable Mining Pool, Stable HashPower (Globe have less than 100GH, CHOCOCOIN, a coin never mentioned here have 1TH Power  Cheesy)
- Dev try to give a very sad giveaway asking Cryptsy to add Globe : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371483.0 (https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/45173)
- This is more sad : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369904.0
- There https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=374910.0 dev try to ask people accept a coin born some days ago
- Topic for Exchange https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362297.0 where DEV buy coins (1 Globe) and tell that "0.0005 Is the Market Value".

I Must continue?? I think it's enough.  Wink

Steps to create a successfull alt-coins are very different, from my point of view.

Good Luck with this.
bcfanminer

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 07:20:36 PM

Hi, I agree we need to decentralize more. Here is my development wishlist. This may or may not come true and is a medium/long term view because It relies on others developing and adopting Globe.

1. An exchange, preferably de-centralized and with API to automate a good reserve and price stabilization mechanism.

2. Some Scripts to be developed that use API to buy/sell Globes to maintain stable price and build reserve

4. Develop a method of distributing the reserve on the Network. Both GLB/BTC/USD/LTC

Unfortunately, to do this we need webmasters and great developers I am neither. In the mean time I am very good with advertising/marketing and business in general and can offer bounties for further development and push for adoption.

For the points 1&2, I cannot help.
For the point 3, if the server you mean is just client to the exchange server, and the scripts are available, then I can use my workstation to host it.
For the point 4, do you mean about distributing the reserve to some more people on the network? Sorry, I didn't catch your points.
For the point 5, I think it is based on the points 1, 2, and 3.

Additionally, if you agree I can register our domain name (globe-coin.com is available), and host it for a while. Then people can get to know our coin more easily.

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:26:40 PM

just gave the BTC reserve details to bcfanminer Smiley He now has access to it.

atta2k15

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:31:02 PM

just gave the BTC reserve details to bcfanminer Smiley He now has access to it.

top!
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:31:35 PM

For the point 3, if the server you mean is just client to the exchange server, and the scripts are available, then I can use my workstation to host it.
For the point 4, do you mean about distributing the reserve to some more people on the network? Sorry, I didn't catch your points.

Additionally, if you agree I can register our domain name (globe-coin.com is available), and host it for a while. Then people can get to know our coin more easily.

More than happy to design the site and pay your GLBs to Host and buy the Domain Smiley . But can we use a different domain I don't want "Coin" to be associated with GLB. How about "Globecrypto.com" ?

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:35:27 PM

I will also send Bcfanminer 50% of GLB reserves once he has a wallet setup for it.  Smiley

bcfanminer

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 07:39:44 PM

Oh yes  Wink

Tax at 20% = 20% Premine With the only difference that is a pre-mine each block and not at the beginning. It's an enormous amount.
We are at block 37330, so total coin is 373300.
sphere have 74660 and users have 298640.

From the main topic :

1.   65% of this tax will be converted into fiat currencies such as USD & EUR (when an exchange starts trading Globe in fiat currencies) the remainder will stay in Globe and Bitcoin form.
2.   If Globes value rises or decreases very fast (generally 20% in under 24 hours) the dev. team will sell an appropriate amount of currency to ease the volatility. E.g. if Globe price falls very low, very fast Bitcoins and fiat currencies will be sold to ease effects. Due to the inflation Globe is likely to be much more stable even without this feature.

This is all against the principle of the free Cryptocurrency markets, where people decide price because theres a COMPLETE decentralization.

Another big problems is the Dev Team :

- Bad Launch, no -QT wallet, Dev doesn't know how to creat one, 50% of this thread is about problems.
- Coin relaunch because first release have problems.
- Coins near killed (read some page back), but dev doesn't know NOTHING about Retarget Concept (another users help dev to understand). So i think globe is a copy/paste
- Dev try to give a Market Values before other important things like Stable Mining Pool, Stable HashPower (Globe have less than 100GH, CHOCOCOIN, a coin never mentioned here have 1TH Power  Cheesy)
- Dev try to give a very sad giveaway asking Cryptsy to add Globe : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=371483.0 (https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/45173)
- This is more sad : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369904.0
- There https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=374910.0 dev try to ask people accept a coin born some days ago
- Topic for Exchange https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362297.0 where DEV buy coins (1 Globe) and tell that "0.0005 Is the Market Value".

I Must continue?? I think it's enough.  Wink

Steps to create a successfull alt-coins are very different, from my point of view.

Good Luck with this.

Thank you for your summary. I think it hits the points of current status. However, I think they are solvable.

First, the tax issue, I think it's a good way for miners to help the coin be alive by rewarding the development team. To my knowledge so far, sphere is not selfish. He wanna to make a coin, but lack of many skills in coding. And he is aware of pre-mining issue, so he smartly chose the tax thing. With the reserved money, he can recruit more talent coders to maintain the source code.

For the "stable price" thing, I agree that it is against the open market idea. However, the reality is that BTC prices changed too quickly, which makes people fear of it. If, at least, if we can control the price in an open way to make it change more smoothly, then that's good to the coin. Also, it will happen when the price changes sharply. If the price stays stable, there is no need to use reserved BTC/LTC/USD/GLB to impact the price.

For the development issue, I think the team has only sphere one person now. He wanna some help from the community and he would like to pay for the contribution from the community.

For the launch way issue, I think we have learnt lessons. That is, it is not good to manually set a price at this stage, and it is not good to ask more exchanges to accept GLB before the hash rate goes up to 1T. However, it is a egg-chicken issue. Egg first or Chicken first?

Anyway, your points are very good, you are very care of this coin, and you are important to this community.
Once we fix some issues, we can get more miners, the coin can be more decentralized, and it is more likely to be accepted in some exchange, and it will succeed eventually.

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:41:31 PM

bcfanminer you get me dude.  Cheesy

bcfanminer

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 07:43:16 PM

More than happy to design the site and pay your GLBs to Host and buy the Domain Smiley . But can we use a different domain I don't want "Coin" to be associated with GLB. How about "Globecrypto.com" ?

No problem, I just checked that "Globecrypto.com" is available now. I'm gonna to register it now. :-)
You don't need to pay for the domain name and host for now, as it won't take too much bucks.
Save your money to buy a VPS then. :-)

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:45:06 PM

As a matter of principle I still send a couple Globes your way Smiley .

atta2k15

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:46:52 PM

have over 4200 globes, looking forward to this progress...
Sounds good.
sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:16:39 PM

bcfanminer I will get working on building a nicely designed site. My design skills are not half bad Smiley

sphere (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:23:24 PM

Oh just looked at the site I see your building Smiley No problem

btc24

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:57:03 PM

Just be generous by involving talented people and this thing will roll on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: