Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:19:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [GLB]Globe – One Currency for One Globe - Polished and Ready for Action  (Read 113546 times)
flipNstack

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:13:19 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 06:20:39 AM by flipNstack

Ive had a few nice waves on this coin so Ive lurked, and looked into mining it... but I wont mine so sphere gets 20%, no matter what he says its for.
And that comment about keeping the finances private was the wrong answer..   Eliminate this so called tax, and change your privacy stance, or this coin will die.  A quick glance at the pools says you don't have much time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 12:35:31 PM

Globe will never be a success while the dev keeps getting this mining tax and keeps accumulating vast amounts of GLB.

I vote that we destroy the dev tax and Sphere uses the BTC in the reserve to raise the price (which would still give himself a nice position in GLB).

I for one won't touch GLB again until this is done. Why buy GLB when you are just enriching the dev? Since we have seen that a dev tax does nothing for a coin and there has been no aggressive marketing, this is the only reasonable solution.
Quincy1m8

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

Coin and the project look very nice. Good luck and please do well your work.
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:31:42 PM

Globe will never be a success while the dev keeps getting this mining tax and keeps accumulating vast amounts of GLB.

I vote that we destroy the dev tax and Sphere uses the BTC in the reserve to raise the price (which would still give himself a nice position in GLB).

I for one won't touch GLB again until this is done. Why buy GLB when you are just enriching the dev? Since we have seen that a dev tax does nothing for a coin and there has been no aggressive marketing, this is the only reasonable solution.

Something's gotta be done with it. I originally got into this coin because of the plans the dev had with the tax. That quickly went bust as the coding was too much for the dev and they never outsourced it. Now it just accumulates more and more every day. People scream bloody murder over premined coins and this is far worse. It's essentially a 20% premine so investors and speculators will never look at this coin.

<Insert favorite coin here>
sphere (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:04:00 PM

Ive had a few nice waves on this coin so Ive lurked, and looked into mining it... but I wont mine so sphere gets 20%, no matter what he says its for.
And that comment about keeping the finances private was the wrong answer, thats proceeds collected from minors efforts and they should at the least have a say on how that money is used.  Eliminate this so called tax, and change your privacy stance, or this coin will die.  A quick glance at the pools says you don't have much time.

Hi,

I disagree but appreciate your approach/stance. I agree that not much dev and advertising has been done since the coin has been released. Unfortunately, I am personally far to busy recently to do much for the project. I apologize. The price of GLB is not high enough to effectively outsource development and advertising etc.

The price of developing very "innovative" and cool features is very expensive. So expensive nothing awesome can really be built given the the exchange rate. I have contacted numerous devs all giving pretty crazy figures like "14BTC" etc for a couple features. Nonetheless a new version of Globe will be released sometime in the summer.

I am not willing to destroy the tax etc. It is the feature of this coin.

If you guys are disappointed which is fully understandable may I recommend you stop mining , buying it etc.

If you want to wait this tough period feel free to Smiley . Hopefully more excitement and positive price movements will come when the new Globe is released. Again can't give too many guarantees as it depends heavily on the GLB exchange rate and bargaining i can do with a dev.    

Again, apologies I am very busy. If I don't log on too often, I haven't forgotten about you guys and will still do my up-most to make this a success Smiley

Thanks
Sphere

Globe - Economically viable, Fast, Stable. Join the revolution! - Globe
sphere (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 08:05:30 PM

Hey guys

We have just finished developing free fully customizable and installation-friendly price and calculator widgets.

You can display and convert GLB against any crypto / fiat on your webste

Check it out https://www.cryptonator.com/widget

Make sure to claim a bounty here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557435.0

Enjoy

NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 01:40:42 AM

And that comment about keeping the finances private was the wrong answer, thats proceeds collected from minors efforts and they should at the least have a say on how that money is used.  Eliminate this so called tax, and change your privacy stance, or this coin will die.  A quick glance at the pools says you don't have much time.

Hi,

I disagree but appreciate your approach/stance. I agree that not much dev and advertising has been done since the coin has been released. Unfortunately, I am personally far to busy recently to do much for the project. I apologize. The price of GLB is not high enough to effectively outsource development and advertising etc.

The price of developing very "innovative" and cool features is very expensive. So expensive nothing awesome can really be built given the the exchange rate. I have contacted numerous devs all giving pretty crazy figures like "14BTC" etc for a couple features. Nonetheless a new version of Globe will be released sometime in the summer.

I am not willing to destroy the tax etc. It is the feature of this coin.

If you guys are disappointed which is fully understandable may I recommend you stop mining , buying it etc.

If you want to wait this tough period feel free to Smiley . Hopefully more excitement and positive price movements will come when the new Globe is released. Again can't give too many guarantees as it depends heavily on the GLB exchange rate and bargaining i can do with a dev.    

Again, apologies I am very busy. If I don't log on too often, I haven't forgotten about you guys and will still do my up-most to make this a success Smiley

Thanks
Sphere

And I'm saying I would raise the price if I knew the dev tax was destroyed and the dev no longer received 20%. No one is going to touch GLB knowing that the dev owns a large proportion of the supply.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 12:06:13 PM

Mandatory Port Upgrade on https://globe.suprnova.cc !

Please change your miner to the new port 3344 !

Old Stratum URL: stratum+tcp://globe.suprnova.cc:3333

New Stratum URL: stratum+tcp://globe.suprnova.cc:3344

I'm migrating to a new server and therefore the port change.

The old port will stay active for a few days, but please use the new one asap.

Thx

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
tristartek

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:40:19 PM

Has the globe broken yet?

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 08:50:18 PM

Thx

still lots of miners on the old port, please switch !

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 07:55:58 AM

Thx

still lots of miners on the old port, please switch !

Okay the half of the miners have now switched..

Now the rest please Smiley

Teka

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:00:27 PM

Record a reaction video of someone finding out about #cryptocurrency and win $50 . Double entry if you mention our members like GLB

Teka
CoinAlliance Founder
http://coinalliance.org/
elelegzet

Activity: 749
Merit: 501

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:20:01 PM

Do some promotion. I don't see lot of online biz oriented moves recently...

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Cryptocoinrank.com

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:33:14 AM

█ ★Globe (GLB) → Now Live on: http://www.cryptocoinrank.com/Globe

Hope you and the community like it. For a brief description about www.cryptocoinrank.com see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579901.0

Enjoy  Smiley

AFK.MPEG

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:45:58 AM

I dont see the problem of the tax. You pay tax i daily life. If Sphere say' s he is using it to secure the coin, i believe it to be honest. Atm i mine LTC and Globe and for some reason i see more potential in Globe.
nickbiker

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:12:52 AM

I couldn't agree with you more! :-) The only issue here though is the 'perception' that the tax isn't used for anything. It's kinda like a catch 22 situation, e.g. the value of GlobeCrypto isn't high enough to use tax in order to further market and improve the currency. That's why the tax hasn't been used so far. What I suggest is as follows:

1) Let's use some of the tax to give away to people on the street, e.g. same way as premined coins are given away as part of pre-launch to attract interest.
2) Let's update the wallet for POS (Proof of Stake) mining. e.g. % interest per year. e.g. this will encourage the community to buy coins and use wallet to earn interest. Also a great way to secure the network. DarkCoin, CryptCoin, Vericoin are good examples of POS mining! Their value are increasing by the day.
3) Once 1 and 2 have been successful and if price rise as a result then Globe will be valuable enough so Sphere can 'afford' to pay people using the tax.

I believe the price of Globe will rise once the 3 points are in place. Let me know if this makes any sense.
AFK.MPEG

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:52:45 AM

I thin Spheres needs someone with marketing and financial skills. Somebody who gets people to use it and mine it. Atm i live at Curacao for 6 months. We use the ANF as our currencies. I think that a lot of Stores and company' s here would accept something like Globe. And i think if Sphere try' s to communicate with companies or give different people in different regions a sort of ambassador status. That he uses the taxes to promote Globe and give the so called ambassadors a little reward in Globe because they try to get it to work. Because to be honest. I rather get paid in Bitcoin or globe then cash for my freelance development

Im dealing with Bitcoin and litecoin since the beginning and i personally think that only trading and mining doesnt do the job.
Big issue? You need people you can trust.

And about your statement. I totally agree
nickbiker

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:12:19 PM

And I like the name GlobeCrypto. It sounds profressional, unlike the other crappy names out there. It's definitely something that can work.
myhoho
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:39:02 PM

So. it's time for action )

██████▄  ▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄         
██████████████████████████▄▄     
█████████████████████████████▄   
▄███████████████████████████████ 
▄▄███▄     ▄██████████  ████████▀▀▀██████████
▄██████   ████████████  ████████   ███████████
▄████████▀   █████████    ██    ████████▀▀▀███████
▀████▄  ▄   ████████████  ████████████   ███████
▀████▀     ▀██████████  █████████████████████
▀███████████████████████████████ 
█████████████████████████████▀   
██████████████████████████▀▀     
██████▀  ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀         
ROCKET

▄▄    ▄▄

▄▄    ▄▄

ENTHRALLING GRAPHICS
● NEW TYPE OF GAMES
100% REFERRAL BONUS
((       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄████████ ██ █████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀████████▄
▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀███████▄
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████▀▀██
█████████   ████    ███▄▄██
▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄██▀  █▀
 ▀█████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄███▀  █▀
  ▀████████ ██ ████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄
 ▄████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███▄
▄████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄████▄
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███▀▀██
██████▄            ████▄▄██
▀██████▄▄        ▄████▀  █▀
 ▀████▄       ▄██████▀  █▀
  ▀████████████████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████████▀     ████████▄
▄██████████   ████████████▄
█████████        ██████████
█████████▄▄   ▄▄███████▀▀██
███████████   █████████▄▄██
▀██████████   ████████▀  █▀
 ▀█████████   ███████▀  █▀
  ▀████████▄▄▄█████▀  ▄█▀
    ▀████████████▀ ▄▄█▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
))
sphere (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:41:37 PM

Wow, nice to see some support Smiley and I appreciate your comments.

AFK.MPEG I really think your "ambassador" idea is really cool and could be very effective. More than happy to give you some GLB if you get places accepting Globe. Nickbiker you are correct with the catch 22 situation, many people don't understand that Sad .

Ok so here are the biggest issues I think with Globe ATM and how I plan to solve it. This is just a proposal and not sure I will be able to implement it. Partially due to lack of funds, technical knowledge and time.

Their also seems to be no real support. I don't want to release something that is going to go unused etc and be a waste of my time and money. Nonetheless here are my views on why GLB is not succeeding yet and how we could fix it  ...

I think the biggest problem was using SHA-256 rather than a GPU/CPU based algo. We where at a very low hash rate for the first few months. Like 4k diff for very long. It meant that individuals using ASICs could really hoard a lot of GLB. When people started discovering GLB and the price rose all those holding and having mined GLB unloaded on the buyers. This I believe contributed heavily to the huge GLB price fall. I still think this issue exists I mean look at the distribution graph, the top ten own nearly 50% of GLB, this excludes any taxes we have. Given the current distribution of coins I think any attempt by us to revive GLB will just result in individuals with ASICS dumping their GLB on buyers. This of-course would not have been a problem with an Quark , X11, Sha-3 algo , as the distribution of wealth I assume would be much wider. I know you miners on your cool ASICs will disagree but with this experience I think only established coins will survive with ASICS mining them.

I agree due to lack of experience their was no clear marketing strategy. Nonetheless, I think some stuff such as Bounties etc worked very well, until the price fell and no-body was interested. The Giveaways at the beginning where somewhat successful but  a % did end up on the exchange.  The buzz was good. The signatures also worked well but over time users changed their signature from Globe to something else. AFK.MPEG's idea for a ambassador program is really kl ! I'm jealous I didn't think of it Wink .

I know I am going to get some of hate for this but ... I think the best thing to do is find a dev, relaunch Globe with an ASIC resistant Algo, clear marketing strategy and Lower % of tax on a new chain.

The major problem I have would with the strategy is that Miners and current holders of GLB will loose all their GLB and am therefore hesitant to do this but given the current distribution of coins I think any effort to revive and increased price will result in miners hoarding GLB to dump their coins.

Plus, finding a dev who has the knowledge to build the needed features at an affordable price is virtually impossible. In price previous posts you can see some of the crazy prices devs have given me for basic mods etc. Finally, I'm very busy as of late and not sure when I will have time to chase down devs, agree prices, make marketing plan etc. To make it worse their seems to be little support apart from you guys Smiley . So even if It did re-launch the lack of interest may result it in failure.

Feel free to share your views below. As I said I am very busy and only log in once every week/bi-monthly . So please don't be too disheartened if I take a while to reply to your messages/posts.  

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: