Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:05:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176974 times)
bosian (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

First day on pool without problem and actions manually. Cheesy

~10000000 graincoin generated after restart  Grin

Nice... some people reported unconfirmed transactions, the issue resolved?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:35:12 PM

Jolly Burner

I have some unconfirmed transactions from 26 th as well.  I am having my first coffee for the day so once it kicks in I will have a closer look and let you know times etc.

unconfirmed PoS or normal transaction? PoS block generation can cause some orphans, this is normal, all the PoW/PoS coins do it. You can ignore them. New PoS blocks will be generated.
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:38:01 PM

Jolly Burner

I have some unconfirmed transactions from 26 th as well.  I am having my first coffee for the day so once it kicks in I will have a closer look and let you know times etc.

unconfirmed PoS or normal transaction? PoS block generation can cause some orphans, this is normal, all the PoW/PoS coins do it. You can ignore them. New PoS blocks will be generated.

Still waiting for my morning coffee to kick in but pretty sure they were pos.  I wasn't worried about it anyway but thought I would mention it because they were around the same time.

Hey, do I have to have my wallet open all the time to get the pos? Or will it generate anyway once I open it again (getting close to my Internet limit for the month)
KleinMatthias

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 07:35:18 PM by KleinMatthias

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

Please implement one of the following features:
1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
They will not keep their wallet running all the time.
They will not check the forum all the time.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

Just a few additional remarks:

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that feature, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Don't know. What do you guys think about that feature request?
Does anyone second that request?
Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt
GRA: 96cLQrQu9kYYMCn1cHEMsaiUDDuC9vnF8P

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:58:26 PM

Hi,

Since not all users of this coin are as active as you are, may I ask for a feature in a future wallet version?

1) an autoupdate feature which automatically keeps the QT updated without the user doing anything (or with the user just clicking an "update" button which only appears when new updates are available - but where the entire update process is done automatically)
2) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends him an eMail when a new version is available? That requires - of course - that the wallet has a way to check for updates. But since Microsoft/Apple/Adobe/andalltheothers can do it, so can you :-)
3) (for those who don't even run their QT all the time) a notification feature where the user can enter his eMail address into the wallet and the wallet sends that eMail address plus its own version information to a central server of yours which then sends out an eMail when a new software version is available. And which sends a warning eMail when a mantatory update has to be performed.

Naturally, as of today, the Cryptocurrency-community has been very active but with the price explosion of the Bitcoin last month, more and more "normal users" will enter the market.
But they might spend hard cash on buying this coin at an exchange and then send it over to their wallet. As a community, we even need that kind of passive user - and we need their money buying this coin.
And when they find ways to spend or donate the coin, they will. And for that purpose they will open their wallets - but not in between.

Having said this, I personally prefer feature (3) because it has a few advantage over the other 2:

• It keeps even those "passive" users in the loop that do not run their wallet regularily.
  • That way, if a really important change has to be made (e.g. a new blockchain), even those users won't lose their money because they get a notification. Think of the bad publicity when "normal users" start losing their money because they simply ignored their wallets for months only to find them not working anymore because weeks before, a new blockchain or equally invasive measure was introduced without them knowing.
  • That feature can be extended for marketing purposes: add a checkmark "the makers of this coin are allowed to send me exciting news about this coin yaddayaddaya" - and voila you get yourself a free marketing database with tons of eMail addresses that you can use to keep engaging your users. Notify them of new shops where they can pay with this currency. Notify them of faucets. Notify them of exchanges that trade this coin. Notify them of the rise in value of that coin. And so on. Just keep engaging even the passive users - because to make a currency successful, you need every hand and every dollar you can get.

You guys and all the other professionals or those that have privacy concerns won't use that feature - and should never be required to do so. But the regular passive user will get that fuzzy feeling that he will be informed of important stuff without him spending much time checking bitcointalk or their wallets. And that will give him extra confidence when it comes to him spending the coin or buying the coin with his FIAT.

• Naturally, the best possible combination would be (3) with (1) where the users gets a "move your ass and update your wallet or else..." eMail (friendly version, of course) - and then he opens the wallet and clicks on the "update" button and that's it for him.
  • May be the required serverside portion (the thing that collects all version information and the eMail addresses and which also allows for sending out mass eMails to all users in that database) could be written in a generic way so that other virtual currencies can implement that feature, too?
  • May be, future wallets should have a default setting that causes them to run in the background as a service whenever the computer starts. That way, even many passive users will contribute to the P2P network without them even knowing. But that was just a sideline remark and describes a completely different feature request. But then again, while you are at it... :-)

Does anyone have a better idea how to solve the above mentioned challenges that this new species of regular, passive users will introduce in the weeks and months to come?

Thanks
Matt

P.S. Just a full disclosure: I have posted this same feature request to the thread of some other cryptocurrencies as well.

Thanks for your great suggestions. But the key features of the crypto coins are (a) anonymous (b) de-centralized
with email associated with wallet you violate (a) and in order for updates you need a centralized place to announce the new version. So I am not sure on these...

We will read in more detail your suggestions, since it is pretty long and detail. Thanks again for your great suggestions, and I sent some tips to you.
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:29:13 PM

Jolly Burner

there are 2 open bosian needed issues

1) some unconfirmed tx from yesterday detailed 1 page back in thread, 3 of us reported it, from forkpool, its PoW tx.

2) few pages back there is talk about the amount of internets the wallet is using, mine also shows a lot of internet use for the wallet.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Illusmare

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

Jolly Burner

Still waiting for my morning coffee to kick in but pretty sure they were pos.  I wasn't worried about it anyway but thought I would mention it because they were around the same time.

Hey, do I have to have my wallet open all the time to get the pos? Or will it generate anyway once I open it again (getting close to my Internet limit for the month)
They were PoW as the amount was between 1024 and 2048 and i don't generate that much PoS.  Grin
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:33:50 PM

run - repairwallet from console

14:32:11

repairwallet

14:32:12

{
"mismatched spent coins" : 13,
"amount affected by repair" : 261091.32825400
}

--

didn't seem to do anything though.

** lol wait, edit, it gave me 200k. I think this must be the 200k which disappeared during the PoW fix. Smiley sweet bonus I hope it stays Grin

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:53:40 PM

repairwallet

{
}

--

** lol wait, edit, it gave me 200k. I think this must be the 200k which disappeared during the PoW fix. Smiley sweet bonus I hope it stays Grin

Nice little bonus!
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:57:08 PM

repairwallet

{
}

--

Nice little bonus!

yes, my new fav console command!  Cheesy

suncoastbuddy

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 10:59:49 PM

repairwallet

{
}

--

Nice little bonus!

I am scared to try i case it takes mine away lol
bondi

Activity: 347

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:09:37 PM

repairwallet

{
}

--

Nice little bonus!

Same here loool....
KleinMatthias

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:16:24 PM

Hi,

Thanks
Matt

Thanks for your great suggestions. But the key features of the crypto coins are (a) anonymous (b) de-centralized
with email associated with wallet you violate (a) and in order for updates you need a centralized place to announce the new version. So I am not sure on these...

We will read in more detail your suggestions, since it is pretty long and detail. Thanks again for your great suggestions, and I sent some tips to you.

Thanks for your friendly reply.
Yes, the issue (or rather: paradigm) you mentioned is clear to me - and I value anonymity and the de-centralized approach. But there are a few points that I would like to say about that:
1. Such update feature / notification feature should NEVER be mandatory, only optional for the type of User I mentioned who will gladly give up part of anonymity for convencience / peace of mind
2. The network itself will remain de-centralized. Most coins already have a centralized approach when it comes to software-distribution, though: GitHub or their homepage. So an autoupdate-feature would not change that
3. if the wallet actually only transfers the eMail-address + the QT version (and not addresses etc.), the anonymity is not much less than in e.g. this forum. Many people use their real names (I do, for example), many post their addresses, some use their regular eMail addresses etc. I am almost sure that if somebody would do a big datamining trying to find personal information on a given user account (whose coin address is known because he used e.g. a giveaway thread), he would most likely succeed. So in theory, Cryptocoins can be anonymous, but in real life they are rather pseudonomous. And even that is weakened by every piece of information users leave of themselves in the www. So such notification feature doesn't really change much here - as long as (1) remains valid.

Thanks again Smiley
cryptomining

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:33:50 PM

repairwallet

{
}

--

Nice little bonus!

yes, my new fav console command!  Cheesy

repairwallet =  Smiley
it repaired my balance, the fork/attack fiddled my balance but this command fixed it.
buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:52:25 PM

Hey all,

Is there any other pool beside http://gra.forkpool.com/ to mine GRA?

Thanks

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:55:38 PM

repairwallet =  Smiley
it repaired my balance, the fork/attack fiddled my balance but this command fixed it.

yes I think everyone should run this command, but make sure you back your wallet up first just incase.

also don't leave a bunch of wallets laying around on your computer, you should manage them and delete them cause old ones can still be used to steal your coins. I recommend encrypting your wallet and using the command walletpassphrase to open it for PoS generation.

eg

walletpassphrase yourpass timetoopeninseconds

walletpassphrase password1 99999999

when you close the wallet it relocks it and u put in the command again each time you open it, and you must put in your password anytime you send coins. use a big secure password that cant be hacked easily.

now your wallet is relatively secure from being stolen.

suncoastbuddy

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:57:33 PM

repairwallet

{
}

--

Nice little bonus!

yes, my new fav console command!  Cheesy

repairwallet =  Smiley

Mine was all good.... Phew!!! I didn't want to lose any, it is hard going with 100 khash, hardly getting anything now that more people are mining
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:09:38 AM

wow difficulty is @ 4.5 on fork??

**back down to 1.8, sum1 must be soloing with big power

network hashrate is growing steadily, this is great for GRA, more hashpower = more supporters

Maconi

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:32:18 AM

So what's this supporter's bounty that it looks like I missed out on? lol

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B4hZNM87m17kEBmkZgz7TGmf2QzPaqmWKv
suncoastbuddy

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:33:00 AM

wow difficulty is @ 4.5 on fork??

**back down to 1.8, sum1 must be soloing with big power

network hashrate is growing steadily, this is great for GRA, more hashpower = more supporters

Sometimes puts the longer standing supporters out of mining action though Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: