Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:22:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176974 times)
bosian (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:49:06 AM

mkimid, I see some pos coins generated... you better learn what is pos before posting stupid things like this in big red.

Aren't block 58809 and 58808 PoW blocks?

The generated coins in each block is added to the "Outstanding" count of the total coins generated so far, so please do a diff to find out what are the coins generated from that block. You can then go into the block to see the details (PoW, PoS etc). One block may contain both PoW and PoS subsections.

I'd not post that stupid big red before understanding how the coins and its block work.

Any questions please post here. Fud/scams will be ignored.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mkimid

Activity: 336

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:02:39 AM

mkimid, I see some pos coins generated... you better learn what is pos before posting stupid things like this in big red.

Aren't block 58809 and 58808 PoW blocks?

The generated coins in each block is added to the "Outstanding" count of the total coins generated so far, so please do a diff to find out what are the coins generated from that block. You can then go into the block to see the details (PoW, PoS etc). One block may contain both PoW and PoS subsections.

I'd not post that stupid big red before understanding how the coins and its block work.

Any questions please post here. Fud/scams will be ignored.

check the blocks using block explorer,
it is not generated coin, I am saying about the transaction,

Have a nice day
Jollyburner

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so many

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:04:02 AM

I donnt understand, on the blocks hes saying, why is the tx so huge?

is 192 million coins the total amount generated so far? it must be more than that...

I don't think there is anything weird going on I just want to learn what is happening.

is it a transfer that is huge or something to do with PoS generation?

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
mkimid

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:09:27 AM

is 192 million coins the total amount generated so far? it must be more than that...

I don't think there is anything weird going on I just want to learn what is happening.

500M has pre-mined/generated by developer
and, 140M has been generated,

the transaction has been made to send 5k~20k coines to somebody,
my question, WHO has 192M coins

Is it transactions from ORIGINAL DEVELOPER Huh??

Have a nice day
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:15:44 AM

192 mil is in my account for giveaway and bounties. I don't know why sometimes I sent out a bounty, the whole amount was in the block. Nothing moved except the bounty sent out.

If you look at block 58833, it's a bounty of 100K I sent to d-trix. I don't know why the whole amount move from one address to another. It is still in the same wallet, no address is changed.

Those 5K-20K are giveaways.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389595.0

BTW, mkimid, remove your red color, and don't act like a scammer. If you have questions, post here, and your questions will be answered.
mkimid

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:34:44 AM

192 mil is in my account for giveaway and bounties. I don't know why sometimes I sent out a bounty, the whole amount was in the block. Nothing moved except the bounty sent out.

If you look at block 58833, it's a bounty of 100K I sent to d-trix. I don't know why the whole amount move from one address to another. It is still in the same wallet, no address is changed.

Those 5K-20K are giveaways.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389595.0

BTW, mkimid, remove your red color, and don't act like a scammer. If you have questions, post here, and your questions will be answered.

Ok, thank you for your kindly advice,
I have. Remove the color and size.
But,  i have so curious about that transaction, because of eventually happen at once after block chain has been recovered. And, that transaction has been relayed thru the addresses on drop action,
Anyway, i feel it is my misunderstand, and I and to say "sorry for making annoy" and "thank you for your kindly advice"

Can I have a question ?

While mining why the difficulty has been changing continuously from 0 ~ 8, and keep looping, my hash rate is around 650k. But,it has been stabled today.

Have a nice day
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:53:07 AM

Can I have a question ?

While mining why the difficulty has been changing continuously from 0 ~ 8, and keep looping, my hash rate is around 650k. But,it has been stabled today.

this is something being looked at and see if it is natural or otherwise a problem.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:54:24 AM

I asked this earlier but didn't get a response.

I've mined a bit here and there and I have 20000+ GRA in my wallet... but now almost 15k of that is stuck in something called "Stake" and evidently isn't part of my available balance, even though all the transactions have thousands of confirmations.

What does this mean, and how do I get the coins out of "Stake" and into my account balance?

The coins are moved into stake while the POS (interest) is calculated and then it will move back to your available balance

How long are they held? How often does it happen and how do I stop it? And what if I need the coins right away?

JL0z

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:57:13 AM

I also had a look at the blockchain - and saw how the amounts would split from address to another address when transactions were sent out to other addresses.  It did look suspicious but in the end, I decided that it must be normal operation (at least for Grain).

I did solo-mine one GRA block.  This was 42846.  I was looking at this because in my wallet, when I view the list of transactions, it shows that it came from an address which was not my actual address.  This is the address that the blockchain shows as being credited with that particular block.  I understand from other altcoin clients that this can be normal, i.e. a mined block sometimes is credited to the wallet address, but sometimes comes from another address.  These other addresses are in fact addresses associated with the wallet which are not normally visible.

You would find that if you add another address, it will pick up most likely one of those other addresses that were associated with mined blocks.  I saw this happen with PeopleCoin for example which I had been solo-mining with a lot of success a couple of months ago.  The mined blocks would pop up in my transactions with different addresses.  When I added a new address - it used one of those addresses, then the mined blocks would appear from another or other address and so on.

As to why sending an amount, would cause the balance to shift to another address - hard to say why, but it is the same wallet anyway.  Maybe this is one of the anonymizing features so that it is hard to track balances of wallets, perhaps.
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:57:55 AM

I've mined a bit here and there and I have 20000+ GRA in my wallet... but now almost 15k of that is stuck in something called "Stake" and evidently isn't part of my available balance, even though all the transactions have thousands of confirmations.

What does this mean, and how do I get the coins out of "Stake" and into my account balance?

The coins are moved into stake while the POS (interest) is calculated and then it will move back to your available balance

How long are they held? How often does it happen and how do I stop it? And what if I need the coins right away?

Mine has only ever taken a couple of minutes and then back to normal. If u encrypt your wallet it will stop pos generating until you unlock for minting
youAndMe

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:01:34 AM

interested

ShareCoin Address:Sh7mBDFzjeLWw8Vyo348PGtH8EYUTZt5EV
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:10:35 AM

was there ever an answer on the PoS difficulties counting towards the PoW difficulties? or if PoS blocks were replacing PoW blocks?

now that there is some data to look at bosian is looking into it.

not sure when we should expect any info on it, as everything seems to be working right now, it appears the problem only happens sometimes. may be difficult to track down the cause, or it may be that everything is functioning right and somehow the diff is sposed to go that high sometimes...? anyways bosian will figure it out and let us know, or later on it will happen again and maybe some cause can be established.

poweru

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:15:35 AM

good coin Smiley

DRK:XyRfLR7dupSJiPkmCS9A2r4qWcKsYCWvtG
DarkCoin - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615 - DarkCoin aims to be the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency with fully encrypted transactions and anonymous block transactions.
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:01:35 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 05:20:02 AM by bosian

Can I have a question ?

mkimid, there are two difficulties here: PoW difficulty and PoS difficulty. PoS diff is very low (close to zero - so that everyone can generate PoS blocks from his client), this is by design. PoW diff, is what you see when you mine with cgminer, for example. PoW diff is very consistent, varies from 0.3 to 0.6, or whatever the range. So when you look at the diff, what you care about is the PoW diff. Look at the block explorer, and look only the diffs for the PoW blocks, you will see they are pretty consistent, and varies smoothly according to the real block time of the previous block.
http://coinblockchain.com/grain/

Can I have a question ?

this is something being looked at and see if it is natural or otherwise a problem.
No Jollyburner. This is not a problem, look at my explanation above.

The PoS blocks will be held for the same amount of time as minted PoW blocks, for Grain it is 50 confirmations (i.e. 50 block times). See OP for the coin spec:
- 50 confirmations for minted blocks

How often the PoS blocks generated? It depends on how long you hold your coins. Typically, after 10-15 days holding, the pos blocks will be generated.

If you don't want PoS block (I doubt why you don't want it, as it gives you free coins), the easiest way is to encrypt your wallet with paraphrase (don't forget the paraphrase, or you will lose the wallet), if the wallet is locked, the pos will not be generated.

Another way to avoid pos blocks is to transfer the amount to another wallet, then transfer back. By transferring, you lost all the coin-days you accumulated. You basically reset the coin-day and it will restart from zero.

We welcome all your questions. Please, ask them in a constructive way, so we keep a good environment in this community. We are more than happy to answer all your questions. Wink
btc1210

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:25:06 AM

You can also set a reserve amount if you always want a certain amount to be available.
raveldoni

Activity: 434

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:25:56 AM

My wallet says - 'Minting is suspended due to locked wallet'. What does that mean?

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:54:14 AM

You can also set a reserve amount if you always want a certain amount to be available.
Yes good point, forget about it  Smiley
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:55:03 AM

My wallet says - 'Minting is suspended due to locked wallet'. What does that mean?

Meaning your wallet is locked so no pos blocks will be generated. You need to unlock the wallet for pos to be generated.

See, for example, here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101820.msg1940710#msg1940710
mkimid

Have A Nice Day

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 05:55:54 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2013, 06:07:27 AM by mkimid

Can I have a question ?

mkimid, there are two difficulties here: PoW difficulty and PoS difficulty. PoS diff is very low (close to zero - so that everyone can generate PoS blocks from his client), this is by design. PoW diff, is what you see when you mine with cgminer, for example. PoW diff is very consistent, varies from 0.3 to 0.6, or whatever the range. So when you look at the diff, what you care about is the PoW diff. Look at the block explorer, and look only the diffs for the PoW blocks, you will see they are pretty consistent, and varies smoothly according to the real block time of the previous block.

Thank your for your explaination,
Actually, i have experienced last saturday and sunday,
If you see the blocks (57814, 57665, 56993, ..) and near by,
Relatively, higher number of diff.

Started with diff 0 (PoW, cgminer), it is increaed to 6 ~ 8
And than, return to some number such as 3-4
And increased again to 6-7
And than, return to some number ...
I just felt kind of something is happen, and it is not smooth ..

Anyway, today, it is much better than before,
Maybe some hidden factors are removed/overcomed/fixed

http://coinblockchain.com/grain/block/000000000c1c41158bc88e7e5a3d22c3f6aa4e33a9d716da2c5da69258e27479

Similar with before,

Block #59289, 59288 :: check the time stamp

Have a nice day
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 06:10:44 AM

Can I have a question ?

Thank your for your explaination,
Actually, i have experienced last saturday and sunday,
If you see the blocks (57814, 57665, 56993, ..) and near by,
Relatively, higher number of diff.

Started with diff 0 (PoW, cgminer), it is increaed to 6 ~ 8
And than, return to some number such as 3-4
And increased again to 6-7
And than, return to some number ...
I just felt kind of something is happen, and it is not smooth ..

Anyway, today, it is much better than before,
Maybe some hidden factors are removed/overcomed/fixed

http://coinblockchain.com/grain/block/000000000c1c41158bc88e7e5a3d22c3f6aa4e33a9d716da2c5da69258e27479

Similar with before,

The PoW diff adjusting algorithm works on the last real block time, it is the same as PPCoin diff adjusting algorithm (almost all the PoW/PoS coins use the same algorithm). This algorithm limits the max adjustment to about 2 or 1/2 each time (depends on some detailed parameters). So sometimes people (especially those with high hashrate rig) try to profit from it. What they do is to put in all their hashpower (could be close to 50% of the network hash, if not too many people are mining it at that time), get one block quickly (maybe in 10 sec instead of the average 30 sec), push the diff to about X2 for the next block, then move their rig or rigs to another coin, now the diff is high for the rest of the people, it may take say 2-3 mins to get a block, and because 2-3 mins >> 30 sec, the diff will be halved for the following block, then these guys jump back in and get another block, etc. This way, they enjoy 10 sec a block instead of the average 30. Sometimes they do that also intending to jam the coin, but with PPCoin algorithm, they can't jam it (I saw some time ago they jammed infinitecoin this way, then IFC moved to PPCoin algorithm for diff adjusting, and everything is smooth since then).

Only when enough people are mining, that a single or a group of people with big rig can no longer do this, because of the total hashpower is much higher than theirs.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: