Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:17:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:49:28 PM

It seems they are "emailing you" the paypal invoice AFTER the fact - this makes me worried as I'm not sure we'd be covered under paypal guarantee seeing that we didnt pay via paypal ON the website, instead, we're paying via email invoice later.

Looks Like as long as it's not a "frieinds/family" transfer, Invoices/money requests are *usually* covered. Some items (real estate, lemon vehicles) are not. This would go under 'item not described' if we just get sent a PCB that doesn't do anything. I'm going to actually call PayPal and discuss it further.  Wink

I read that too, as long as it’s marked as paying for goods.

But what if it delivers only 700h/s instead of 7000h/s?
DumbCrypt0

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 09:56:27 PM

I don't know that I would trust paypal protection exactly.  I have used it with Ebay in the past, and while the results were in my favor, it was a general pain in the ass.  I do think they tend to err on the side of the customer though.  I had a buddy with a business selling telemarketing data and he had to stop using paypal due to the insane amount of chargebacks that were not found in his favor.  That said, just use a credit card.  If what you buy doesn't arrive or work, Visa and Mastercard are amazing when it comes to fraudulent transactions.

I agree with this. *However*

If you use the credit card as your payment option in PayPal, hypothetically (very hypothetically) you have two layers of buyer protection. I just got off the phone with PayPal- Buyer protections are the same regardless if you pay through the PayPal site or a PayPal invoice. Keep in mind that receiving an invoice directing you to send money to a PayPal email is NOT THE SAME as paying a PayPal invoice.

ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:03:16 PM

7Kh/s mining Monero you will get 10 USD per day. That's a lot man for this little "FPGA".
It will ROI around 1 month.
If it legit, you can eat Bitmain's pie shares in the crypto mining industry.
The biggest question is; why would you sell it? except you are really a philanthropist that want to help to make the world better place to everyone by distributing a wealth through crypto currency.

Bitside.co

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:22:20 PM

If the order numbers are sequential, that means they have sold 1,427 units so far
5BTC
Copper Member

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:00:29 AM

If the order numbers are sequential, that means they have sold 1,427 units so far

1447 now
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:15:16 AM

Well, I’m willing to risk $500 to find out what this is all about, but I don’t know I wouldn’t encourage anyone to make this purchase. It is all the pieces of an elaborate scam, and all the attempts to send a review unit, get any independent confirmation, etc. are not happening.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in short order than their “factory” is suddenly not working with them because Bitmain and their bank has frozen assets.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 03:28:09 AM

Well, I’m willing to risk $500 to find out what this is all about, but I don’t know I wouldn’t encourage anyone to make this purchase. It is all the pieces of an elaborate scam, and all the attempts to send a review unit, get any independent confirmation, etc. are not happening.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in short order than their “factory” is suddenly not working with them because Bitmain and their bank has frozen assets.

Just look at how all these other hardware introductions went before you risk the $$$...

Look at how pandaminer stepped in just the same way this guy did;  but unlike this guy, pandaminer took steps to prove validity and honesty such as samples reviewed by trusted forum members.

I'm getting out a HUGE bag of popcorn for this..... especially after my ignored requests for validity from the OP some pages back... that are STILL unanswered to this day.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
wedgenix

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:53:09 AM

I ordered 4 requesting PayPal as payment.
I received an invoice/payment request to a Russian individual's name.
My payment options did NOT include PayPal credit 0% for 6 months on purchases over $500.
This to me was a red flag - seems to be a person-to-person request and not an online purchase - meaning no buyer protection.

I am not comfortable enough to move forward with payment.
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:12:47 AM

My payment options did NOT include PayPal credit 0% for 6 months on purchases over $500.
This to me was a red flag - seems to be a person-to-person request and not an online purchase - meaning no buyer protection.

How long after your order did you receive the invoice? I ordered much earlier in the day and still haven't received mine... though not sure if I will pay it or not. The whole thing feels weird.
Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:21:52 AM

that sounds very good, with the fpga miner. but right now i have no money for it.

otherwise i would order one or two.
wedgenix

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:26:21 AM

How long after your order did you receive the invoice? I ordered much earlier in the day and still haven't received mine... though not sure if I will pay it or not. The whole thing feels weird.

I ordered at 11:15 UTC and received the payment request 00:55 UTC
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:32:21 AM

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

DO NOT PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY.

Only accept a paypal purchase/billing invoice.

Seems extremely scammy now... hopefully you guys see it....  else im gonna laugh in your face for not being at least the slight bit intuitive on this "purchase".

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:41:00 AM

Seems extremely scammy now... hopefully you guys see it....  else im gonna laugh in your face for not being at least the slight bit intuitive on this "purchase".

Actually the request I got is not a friends and family request. It’s not invoiced but has the order number and description as Goods (other). You need to go details view (pdf) to see this in your PayPal account. I am reading that it’s covered by protection. Your order number/email should be sufficient for description.

Although the best way would be for Dwarf to create an Invoice describing the goods...
wedgenix

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:18:22 AM

Actually the request I got is not a friends and family request. It’s not invoiced but has the order number and description as Goods (other). You need to go details view (pdf) to see this in your PayPal account. I am reading that it’s covered by protection. Your order number/email should be sufficient for description.

Although the best way would be for Dwarf to create an Invoice describing the goods...

If it is a legitimate business invoice I should have the option to use PayPal credit - but that is not an option PayPal gives me.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't trust that this purchase would be covered by buyer protection - and even if it is covered, that is no guarantee that PayPal will decide in your favor in the event of a dispute.  I have had 2 PayPal disputes over the past 15 years - 1 went my way, 1 didn't.  Your experiences may of course vary.

I would like to complete this purchase, but only if I am comfortable I have buyer protection and can buy it with PayPal credit for added peace of mind.
Credit card purchase would also be acceptable.

Unless or until that happens, I'm staying away.
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:23:13 AM

https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/photos/author/1/

?

So, the "lead is in Madrid", but the picture  and the paypal is from  russian  and the picture from:

Palehov Dmitriy ?

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:43:09 AM

?

So, the "lead is in Madrid", but the picture  and the paypal is from  russian  and the picture from:

Palehov Dmitriy ?

You know russians are allowed to leave their country :p
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:44:49 AM

?

So, the "lead is in Madrid", but the picture  and the paypal is from  russian  and the picture from:

Palehov Dmitriy ?

You know russians are allowed to leave their country :p
You know the funny thing (to add to the mystery around the whole thing) is the guy talking in the video actually has an Austrian accent! Cheesy Cheesy
cryptotore

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:32:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLnaZqkoQw

Why no lights on the rj45 plug? Tongue
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:42:38 AM

@DwarfMiner: please comment on this. If you actually intend to distribute and sell this properly in a professional manner you should be able to have a proper invoicing setup.
ght3d

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:41:53 AM

I'd buy a couple if OP would clear up all the questions about the invoices and why he ignores posts about sending a sample board to a trusted forum member. Watching this thread closely, as it's the first cryptonight FPGA publicly being presented and sold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: