Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:02:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:33:07 PM

I suspect once they update the store stats with the refunded units from Payal that figure will climb back up.  

the stats could very well be made up...if it is a scam...and again looking at such...

Well, here's some food for thought:

This thread is the only place where they promote their site. It has ~7000 views as of now. Dwarf claims to have sold nearly 5000 units. That would be a truly miraculous 50%+ conversion rate. Actually more than that - they made that claim when the thread had barely 6000 views.

Even if they're legit - they're still liars and bigly incompetent, which in the end probably yields a similar result for the buyers as a scam would.

It's pretty obvious a lot of people would be ordering multiple units. So those numbers are a bit irrelevant. I'm not saying any of this has any merit, just saying thread view numbers and units sold have little correlation in this context.
OhHaiAndy

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:45:00 PM

Well, I have no problem to send you payment via paypal and 30 euro by bank.
I will no risk that you disappear, and you will not loose any money if I disappear.

I don't understand why do you activate alibaba escrow. It cost less than paypal. Isn't that crazy like Paypal can be.
I use normally since a couple of year when importing from China.
And its offered by ALL the company or people listed on ALibaba.

It does make sense if you plan to ship from China, UNLESS you can't make an invoice.

This sounds like the solution. Whether it's Alibaba or another, escrow would satisfy a lot of people. Or at the very least a way to pay using credit card.
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:21:58 PM

--And who knows whether the next fork will be adaptable for this or other FPGAs.
I will be honest - no one knows. But until now we are seeing a binding to the CPU architecture. This reduces the likelihood of sharp turns.
Usually, ASICs crystal manufactures unchanged. This means you can add one XOR to the algorithm and the hash will be rejected by pool.
we combined the unchanged part and the FPGA. this increases flexibility, but does not make it absolute, of course.

--You should have done this first.
It's true. And it will be done soon.

--Alipay is good if you can implement it.
--When will you be on AliExpress?
--Can you give us some more information about you/your company?
Highly likely in the next batch. Our Chinese colleague is working hard on this.
There are a few problems with the developers's copyright  in China's law.

--When will PayPal be available again?
At the moment we posting a limited number of orders for big lots in the paypal only.

--can you mine to a pool address with the FPGA and share the address?
We have three prototypes only. Now they are in the factory as references.

--I propose you to save these order/reserve the miners for users who chose to go with paypal.
we are thinking about this. Perhaps we will offer a discount in next batch to all those affected.

--Collect and pay in person possible ? :-)
If you are ready to buy more than a dozen and arrive in China, we offer a small prepayment and the rest in cash.

--He should have stated he would like to send out demo units, but he does not have them to send instead of what appears to the community to be evasive and somewhat arrogant stance of "we don't have to".
I was misunderstood. The man was proving to me that we would not sell anything. I replied that we are successfully selling, no more.
The same is about my sarcasm about "vigilant users". Many people understood this literally.

--Now with the announcement there is no Paypal or refundable option
Huh We have an account in a European bank. This is a SWIFT system. This is a completely legitimate transactions with a refind.

--It does make sense if you plan to ship from China
All devices are manufactured in China. It's logical to send them from there. Cooperation with aliexpress will reduce the cost of shipping too.

--there are many I am sure would be willing to broker a deal of X units.
The total cost of the batch reaches two million euros. It's not a good idea to posting them through "Phil" Smiley

--Discussed this vaporware miner along with others yesterday along with other options if anyone is interested
Thank you

--Refund fee is typically 0.35 EUR.
If you do not take money out from the account. I counted the full cycle loses.

--I'm still puzzled why you keep talking about the seller running away.
A few years ago I was in a similar situation. I bought the goods and the seller ran away. Two weeks later I tried to get a refund and did not receive anything - the seller's account was empty. I am touched reasoning about 45-days protection.

--It has ~7000 views as of now. Dwarf claims to have sold nearly 5000 units. That would be a truly miraculous 50%+ conversion rate. Actually more than that - they made that claim when the thread had barely 6000 views.
80% of orders for 4 pcs.
Some people buy more than one hundred pieces. But these orders pass by the store.

--Whether it's Alibaba or another, escrow would satisfy a lot of people.
Most importantly, this will automate the processing. We will not survive 25,000 pieces manualy...
FatAnt

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:39:44 PM

Maybe it's obvious to others, but I don't understand why there is a VGA connector on this board?  I understand why there is a NIC, but what useful purpose or added value does the VGA output provide?  What info can we see on the VGA output that we can't get via the NIC?  POST info?

Why does the board use screw terminals for power connection instead of the standard 4-pin Molex connector?
Please consider producing the next 25,000 units with the usual 4-pin Molex connector so we can easily connect to ATX power supply.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:50:05 PM

Maybe it's obvious to others, but I don't understand why there is a VGA connector on this board?  I understand why there is a NIC, but what useful purpose or added value does the VGA output provide?  What info can we see on the VGA output that we can't get via the NIC?  POST info?

Why does the board use screw terminals for power connection instead of the standard 4-pin Molex connector?
Please consider producing the next 25,000 units with the usual 4-pin Molex connector so we can easily connect to ATX power supply.

I have seen a picture with the molex connector connected to the board and inside a plastic bag. Maybe that's how it will be shipped (with the cost of a molex connector that would be nice if it was in the package)
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:52:27 PM

I am going to guess it’s much simpler to develop on stand-alone card with working display, rather than getting the network stack and web server running first.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:05:57 PM

Some option for a credit card (restoring paypal, using square or amazon payments, etc) would make the difference for me, honestly I would have ordered several today if I could have paid with CC.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:11:50 PM

Aliexpress of course allows "alipay", which is much much more protective than paypal. The seller gets the money only after confirmation from the buyer, the buyer has 8 days (if I remember correctly) after reception to confirm the transaction. In the meantime, the money is in alipay's hands. That's how my wife and I pay for goods (mostly purchased on taobao) when we are in China. So far I had 2 big disputes in 10s and 10s of purchsases, the sellers were at fault, and we got refunded (except shipping costs to send back the items).

Setting an alipay solution on a chinese website is easy, I don't think a seller based in China would have difficulties creating an account.
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:00:37 PM

I am so tempted to throw caution into the wind and just toss some BTC out there to get 4 of these. I know it very well might be a scam but I suppose I could handle the loss and these things would seemingly be incredible at this price point. Ahhhhhhhh....
chris-swiss

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:01:28 PM

--And who knows whether the next fork will be adaptable for this or other FPGAs.
I will be honest - no one knows. But until now we are seeing a binding to the CPU architecture. This reduces the likelihood of sharp turns.
Usually, ASICs crystal manufactures unchanged. This means you can add one XOR to the algorithm and the hash will be rejected by pool.
we combined the unchanged part and the FPGA. this increases flexibility, but does not make it absolute, of course.

At the moment we posting a limited number of orders for big lots in the paypal only.

--I propose you to save these order/reserve the miners for users who chose to go with paypal.
we are thinking about this. Perhaps we will offer a discount in next batch to all those affected.

If you are ready to buy more than a dozen and arrive in China, we offer a small prepayment and the rest in cash.

--He should have stated he would like to send out demo units, but he does not have them to send instead of what appears to the community to be evasive and somewhat arrogant stance of "we don't have to".
I was misunderstood. The man was proving to me that we would not sell anything. I replied that we are successfully selling, no more.
The same is about my sarcasm about "vigilant users". Many people understood this literally.

Huh We have an account in a European bank. This is a SWIFT system. This is a completely legitimate transactions with a refind.

All devices are manufactured in China. It's logical to send them from there. Cooperation with aliexpress will reduce the cost of shipping too.

The total cost of the batch reaches two million euros. It's not a good idea to posting them through "Phil" Smiley

--Discussed this vaporware miner along with others yesterday along with other options if anyone is interested
Thank you

A few years ago I was in a similar situation. I bought the goods and the seller ran away. Two weeks later I tried to get a refund and did not receive anything - the seller's account was empty. I am touched reasoning about 45-days protection.

--It has ~7000 views as of now. Dwarf claims to have sold nearly 5000 units. That would be a truly miraculous 50%+ conversion rate. Actually more than that - they made that claim when the thread had barely 6000 views.
80% of orders for 4 pcs.
Some people buy more than one hundred pieces. But these orders pass by the store.

Most importantly, this will automate the processing. We will not survive 25,000 pieces manualy...

best joke in the world , you think in this forum never people have pay with bank transfer . you are the joke with this , just for that, i understand never people see money or Fpga.
In europe and swiss you can be request refund but if you don't want refund the money the people can't be have money . sorry for my english
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8986

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 10:25:19 PM

Bullshit. After the funds settle SWIFT is about as irreversible as Bitcoin. You can issue a voluntary refund but it's quite obvious that people are asking for a payment method that protects the buyer.

Then keep some money in the account to cover refunds. And I doubt that bank-to-PayPal transfer costs 30 EUR unless you drain the bank account too and incur some sort of an overdraft fee.
Sebahl

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:34:53 PM

If you are working with a Chines partner, selling these through AliExpress should not be a problem. I would love to get in on batch 1, but need some sort of buyers protection.
gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:11:52 AM

I suspect once they update the store stats with the refunded units from Payal that figure will climb back up.  

the stats could very well be made up...if it is a scam...and again looking at such...

Well, here's some food for thought:

This thread is the only place where they promote their site. It has ~7000 views as of now. Dwarf claims to have sold nearly 5000 units. That would be a truly miraculous 50%+ conversion rate. Actually more than that - they made that claim when the thread had barely 6000 views.

Even if they're legit - they're still liars and bigly incompetent, which in the end probably yields a similar result for the buyers as a scam would.

What's with the CCP flag.
EnglishGentleman

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:02:42 AM

DwarfMiner, please can you adjust your settings to accept PMs (personal messages) from Newbies such as me and you. At the moment you can't be contacted by Newbies
===================

Thank you

80% of orders for 4 pcs.

AlecMe

Activity: 392
Merit: 159

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:09:14 AM

UPD 27/05/2018. Hello everybody!

We are happy to inform you we will start selling!

We hope to answer faster in the sales period Smiley

Can you post a video of a miner at work and add more transparency? Not just a small tablet viewed there in the corner, where one cannot understand what is on it. A video where one can see it at work on a pool, making actual money, having shares that are actually accepted and paid for?

Alternatively, what is my protection as a buyer from being scammed? Bank transfer, bitcoin... etc, all one way systems with nothing to protect me from a scam (I am not saying you are a scammer, but that does not guarantee i will not lose out. Does it ?)

Looking forward for your reply
Sgsg666

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:19:55 AM

Can you post another video mining monero on supportxmr? we also need to see the whole setup.
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:24:06 AM

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is  Wink
Lets see if anyone receives a miner.
Not very professional here.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:51:25 AM

For people who don't know, Sumokoin is going to fork again and go back to cryptonight so now dwarfminer cant mine SUMO (It mines only v7 and heavy)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:18:39 AM

What's with the CCP flag.

I rather suspect the symbolism intended by @suchmoon is, "waving a red flag of warning." It's an American idiom, but one I thought was fairly universal.

Sebahl

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:07:42 PM

Will Dwarfminer support classical Ctyptonight as well?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: