Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:06:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
UnEffingUsedName

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:56:35 PM

Not sure why, but the bitcoin address that I am to pay to is unused. (Checked with block explorer - There are no transactions involving this address.)  Is it like that for everyone else?  What is the purpose of individual addresses for each order?  I know... low post count means I am an idiotnew...lol.  Please explain.  (attempts to hold back crowd with torches and pitchforks)

edit spelling
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:03:27 PM

Not sure why, but the bitcoin address that I am to pay to is unused. (Checked with block explorer - There are no transactions involving this address.)  Is it like that for everyone else?  What is the purpose of individual addresses for each order?  I know... low post count means I am an idiotnew...lol.  Please explain.  (attempts to hold back crowd with torches and pitchforks)

edit spelling

I wouldn't buy anything here. There is no proof that this device even exists. could just be another scam.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
rapterofparadox

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:15:19 PM

Aaaaand, it's sold out - or the store at least says 0 in stock.  Guess I'll have to wait for Batch 2.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:15:35 PM

Not sure why, but the bitcoin address that I am to pay to is unused. (Checked with block explorer - There are no transactions involving this address.)  Is it like that for everyone else?  What is the purpose of individual addresses for each order?  I know... low post count means I am an idiotnew...lol.  Please explain.  (attempts to hold back crowd with torches and pitchforks)

edit spelling

I wouldn't buy anything here. There is no proof that this device even exists. could just be another scam.

The probability this is a scam is extremely high at this point.  The OP has no established trust here on this forum.  He has not proven that the working FPGA miner works other than some pasted together 30 second clips.  Refused help that has been offered to help validate and substantiate the product by established members of our community.  If you send any money consider it gone... You will be lucky if you get anything at all from the OP let alone a working, stable, usable miner.  Buyer beware!

You send a payment in crypto and there is no "do over".
UnEffingUsedName

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:20:41 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 12:06:49 PM by UnEffingUsedName

You send a payment in crypto and there is no "do over".
[/quote]

Is that not part of "being your own bank" Everyone wants to do away with the banks until they come upon a FOMO kind of a deal, only available from an untrusted/untested source. Then they want protection from BigBrotherBank or thier favorite Credit card.  Not pointing anyone out, (I totally get it) that protection would be nice.  It's just wierd to me to see so much about wanting to use the credit card for a purchase from a crypto crowd.  Either take the risk or wait.

Wait...What... did I just get FOMO'd out of my crypto... Time will tell

Toss me.
 What? I cannot jump the distance, you'll have to toss me....  Don't tell the Elf.  Not a word -From Tolkien movie
[/quote]
A "little" dwarf humor! Smiley
DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:13:53 AM

Hi 4all!

--I did contact you through e-mail on the 2nd of June and have not gotten a response.
We checked the spam folder and actually found a few emails.

--So it cannot be that you have responded to all e-mails already. And no I don't want you to spread out the PCBs on the floor, but you could just show us the open box so we see that there are a bunch more in there?!
Our colleague in China is a bad photographer. I'm ready to agree.

--Can you please provide proof that you actually have hair. I want to make sure this offer is legit.
Hair should prove that they grow Wink I want an online camera!

--https://i.imgur.com/SNTVatg.png
Prove that this is not an actor!

--You said they all have the same static ip?
Only in the setup mode. In the operating mode everything is typical.

--Like who are the devs/manager?
Nicolas Garcia -- inspirer of the project from Madrid. We have a team of developers from the US, Spain and Ukraine. And also a group of investors.

--Why this is rev. 2.3? Where are previous versions?
In the garbage box Smiley
Several versions have been developed, so, we have achieved stable operation on rev.2.

--Anyone who is following the FPGA story in the other threads have a decent understanding that these things are not cheap.
Maybe they all knock on the closed door?

--To hide the soldering path...But once the unit is released (if it is released) everything will be know so I don't see the point
The time for reverse design will be lost. We will release a new version earlier than the old version will be copyed.

--What is the purpose of individual addresses for each order?
To avoid confusion between buyers. The amount is almost the same for all.
Then, not everyone wants others to see his transactions.

--Aaaaand, it's sold out - or the store at least says 0 in stock.
Paypal orders should be unfreezed soon. This will give an small inflow of goods.

Sebahl

Activity: 146
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:42:22 AM

Who is Nicolas Garcia, can you give a link to his LinkedIn or some more info?
Bitside.co

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:36:35 AM

And who are the US programmers? They should be able to easily comment on this thread with more specifics to put potential buyers at ease
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:50:18 AM

--To hide the soldering path...But once the unit is released (if it is released) everything will be know so I don't see the point
The time for reverse design will be lost. We will release a new version earlier than the old version will be copyed.

New version ?
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:03:25 AM

it is absolutely scam

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
gvb

Activity: 140
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:19:05 AM

"Several versions have been developed, so, we have achieved stable operation on rev.2."

why don't you send those previous versions around to forum members?

even if they are not stable you have atleast proof that it is a working piece of mining hardware.
mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:16:56 AM

I would not touch this project with a 10meter pole... Whoever is stupid enough to send money to these scammers deserve to loose their money.
Fantamaz

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:25:52 PM

Finita la commedia?  Grin
norminorm

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:11:52 PM

I typed your monero address in the pool and nothing shows up. why?
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:27:15 PM

I typed your monero address in the pool and nothing shows up. why?

See some previous post, there is a unecessary space between two 1 1 somewhere
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:54:36 PM

Hi 4all!

--I did contact you through e-mail on the 2nd of June and have not gotten a response.
We checked the spam folder and actually found a few emails.

--So it cannot be that you have responded to all e-mails already. And no I don't want you to spread out the PCBs on the floor, but you could just show us the open box so we see that there are a bunch more in there?!
Our colleague in China is a bad photographer. I'm ready to agree.

--Can you please provide proof that you actually have hair. I want to make sure this offer is legit.
Hair should prove that they grow Wink I want an online camera!

--https://i.imgur.com/SNTVatg.png
Prove that this is not an actor!

--You said they all have the same static ip?
Only in the setup mode. In the operating mode everything is typical.

--Like who are the devs/manager?
Nicolas Garcia -- inspirer of the project from Madrid. We have a team of developers from the US, Spain and Ukraine. And also a group of investors.

--Why this is rev. 2.3? Where are previous versions?
In the garbage box Smiley
Several versions have been developed, so, we have achieved stable operation on rev.2.

--Anyone who is following the FPGA story in the other threads have a decent understanding that these things are not cheap.
Maybe they all knock on the closed door?

--What is the purpose of individual addresses for each order?
To avoid confusion between buyers. The amount is almost the same for all.
Then, not everyone wants others to see his transactions.

--Aaaaand, it's sold out - or the store at least says 0 in stock.
Paypal orders should be unfreezed soon. This will give an small inflow of goods.

what a bunch of hoooey.....sheesh.....are people really buying into this crap?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:07:15 PM

Maybe everyone else knocked on closed doors and couldn't get the hardware to do this... And especially not for this price point... Everyone else must be wrong. 

DwarfMiner (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:17:48 PM

Hello everybody! After unfreezing paypal, about 300 devices were released. These are now available in the store.

--And who are the US programmers? They should be able to easily comment on this thread with more specifics to put potential buyers at ease
All technical questions are redirected to them.

--New version ?
We are developing a more efficient version. But it can be ready by the end of the year.

--why don't you send those previous versions around to forum members?
To advertise a poor-quality product?..

bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:59:51 PM

Hello everybody! After unfreezing paypal, about 300 devices were released. These are now available in the store.

--And who are the US programmers? They should be able to easily comment on this thread with more specifics to put potential buyers at ease

--New version ?
We are developing a more efficient version. But it can be ready by the end of the year.

why will you not send me any working model to verify to the community that this is legitimate?

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:59:57 PM

--New version ?

why will you not send me any working model to verify to the community that this is legitimate?

I'd be interested to see on this so-called 'unfreezing' by Paypal...if anyone could cancel a unit? and/or has the 45 day dispute deadline been passed already

for these unfrozen paypal units (thus if you try to get refund paypal says...what are you talking about..it is past 45 days)

just asking for anyone to post who actually tries to get a refund from paypal if they have any success or not

(this is not going to end well IMHO, paypal will probably say 'what freezing' in response..if it has been more than 45 days , in my view anyway...)

I also don't understand what you mean by 300 devices released? does that mean that paypal froze your account and now you have 300 more units

(dubious units) that the $$$ went through on...or do you mean 'unfrozen' so folk can buy more and the 300 previous are 'unstuck' by paypal?

sheesh, you need a frigging map to follow these guys

and of course to add in here

WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU DO BELOW:

1) decent video can't be hacked with a look at the unit...that can't be played with 'cutaways' etc, with other units making the screen stats

2) send a unit to me (Searing) or any other HIGH FRIGGING Trust Profile member on www.bitcointalk.org Do you really think after 5 years
    on bitcointalk I'm gonna suddenly blow up my Legendary status and my trust rating of 20+ because I'm so 'bedazzled' by your test unit I will run off with it?

I mean jeez...everyone knows bitcointalk is full of scam's so why be so frigging surprised an independent review is in order

go back thru the thread..pick someone ..anyone...

but alas, I digress, it is a scam, but again curious on if anyone wants a frigging refund can they get one (I would) please reply....

(this could be a cluster)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: