Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:58:48 PM

I think Dwarfminer has left the thread

last on 6/20/18

2 days gone and counting...

(such a scam..beyond any doubt) Sad

Really? A scam? if only there were some warning...

yeah, I know, I mention this often...but it is sooooooo fluffy a scam! (I mean talk about imaginary unicorns!)

hard to resist...

anyway, countdown dwarfminer has been gone 2 days...will he return with more bullsh*t or will he now disappear?

(damn, I really need a life)

brad

On https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3688965.740 Senseless did not made any response between the 16 and the 19 then not reponse between the 19 and the 21.
I dont remember seeing you claiming it was a scam because 3 days passed without any news.
AFAIK, nothing has been shipped yet by FPGALand as well...
Not keeping the 18 of June or friday as said (not promised) is no proof of a scam. Delay are pretty common in that field.
Our last purchase from HP worth around $150000 got a one week delay. We did not sent an email to the sales rep to tell them that they were trying to scam us.
If there is no news by this week then it will become pretty obvious. ATM my scam % meter is raised to 80% because there is no news and China factory is probably closed now.

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

Also, I haven't been following the other thread as closely but has senseless actually taken any payments from people?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 02:59:36 PM

On https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3688965.740 Senseless did not made any response between the 16 and the 19 then not reponse between the 19 and the 21.
I dont remember seeing you claiming it was a scam because 3 days passed without any news.
Not keeping the 18 of June or friday as said (not promised) is no proof of a scam. Delay are pretty common in that field.
Our last purchase from HP worth around $150000 got a one week delay. We did not sent an email to the sales rep to tell them that they were trying to scam us.
If there is no news by this week then it will become pretty obvious. ATM my scam % meter is raised to 80% because there is no news and China factory is probably closed now.

DwarfMiner is not HP and not even fpga.land. Senseless is a real person and they haven't promised to ship on the 18th or on "Friday". That said, I would not recommend paying fpga.land, or any new vendor, via irreversible payment methods or at least without doing some serious due diligence, including contacting them in person, contacting Xilinx, etc.

Please don't invoke false equivalences here and don't provide any hint of legitimacy to DwarfMiner. They might still be contacting customers with unpaid orders or doing some other shady shit so you'd be helping a scam if that's the case. Right now they are firmly 100% in the "scam until conclusively proven otherwise" territory. Two deadlines have been missed, completely anonymous vendor, no proof the product has ever existed.

Also, I haven't been following the other thread as closely but has senseless actually taken any payments from people?

Yes. Preorder for August. They did accept PayPal briefly, had some issues, so not sure what to think of that. But there are ways to do some due diligence on them. They are not an anonymous Spanish/Ukrainian/Chinese/Russian/Latvian "developer" with a magic FPGA.

melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:13:31 PM

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

Of course it's not the same thing.
I'm just pointing the fact that just because the OP doesn't respond for two days is not a valid argument for raising the "it's a scam !" flag
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:31:25 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5)

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

I'm just pointing the fact that just because the OP doesn't respond for two days is not a valid argument for raising the "it's a scam !" flag

Yes I agree.  Two days of not posting is nothing really.  But given all the other red flags, the lack of updates looks like a larger scam warning then it would otherwise appear to be.  I mean at this point we are on defcon 1 scam warning.  All of the warning lights are flashing.  So in this specific situation, two days of no posting looks much more problematic than it would without all the other factors.

Honestly though, I understand that you personally want to keep your hopes up for obvious reasons, but every post you make about how maybe it isn't a scam, maybe we shouldn't be making a big deal, maybe it's really legit, risks helping the OP scam more people or scam the same people for more money.  That's probably why you are getting pushback on anything that looks remotely supportive.  The time now is to just wait it out without giving the OP any credit at all, because so far, no credit has been earned.
exodussian

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:59:06 PM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456725278450778123/459750762495344648/Screenshot_20180622-110508_Gmail.jpg

this is getting stranger
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:01:56 PM

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

I'm sorry...I should have  been clearer....my view is that this is now the tail end of the scam on this thread ...traditionally the OP then just 'disappears'

thus I'm saying from a 'unicorn spotting point of view' that I suspect he has ridden his unicorn and scam riches over the hill in the dead of night and

will not post anymore...thus the

2 days and counting comment

maybe, I'm wrong, just sticking a stick in the ground stating this as a guess...we will see

but again, if it as I suspect the 'end game' of the scam..the OP is cleaning up loose ends and will abandon this avatar and move on to other scams

so I am claiming 'black hole end of the scam started 2 days ago' by my claim ...oops, he is gone! We will see if I am correct or premature on this.

But in the past, it is how they roll..the scammers and fake threaders of bitcointalk

brad

this is getting stranger

if this is true, there will be many posts of memes of me 'eating crow' on this thread as a result and such comments as "yo verily, I did not believe, etc...

I doubt it, but hope for the sake of those who got units I'm wrong and will happily 'eat crow' for such folk....again, I dont' think so, we will see.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
exodussian

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:09:43 PM

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456725278450778123/459797044094304257/unknown.png

another one
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 07:27:28 PM

another one

What does that mean? Nicolas "July" Garcia said words? We've seen words before. Get an actual physical functional product into the hands of a reputable forum member, then we can reconsider if this shitshow is an outright scam or just a regular clusterfuck.
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:29:38 PM

Very strange at all...
XrayHunter7

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:37:31 PM

What does that mean? Nicolas "July" Garcia said words? We've seen words before. Get an actual physical functional product into the hands of a reputable forum member, then we can reconsider if this shitshow is an outright scam or just a regular clusterfuck.

Someone else receive that email ? Or only newbie commenting this thread
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:41:50 PM

another one

Haven't received anything but i didn't wrote to them.
For people not speaking spanish the guy asked : The 18 of june is behind us and we have no information whatesoever about shipping. Is everything fine ?
exodussian

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:50:20 PM

we have discord group as buyers,

two of us , got these emails
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:00:31 PM

I got it as well.
Can only hope for the best...
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:33:34 PM

@everyone - don't fill up will popcorn, I am preparing crow for desert Cheesy
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:42:45 PM

I've got the same e-mail that they will send asap Smiley

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
OTC_Buyer

Activity: 92
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:37:49 PM

another one

I got the same email today too when I asked about trying to watch for my tracking info since website is down. Seems to be a stamped reply to all. My question is ... did this reply only come to those who sent in an email today or recently or even to those who have sent nothing since they ordered and received invoice email? If those who only got an invoice email got this reply too without following up then it is positive that OP is keeping track of their orders IMO.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:06:18 PM

A tracking number is what people want for starters

Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:20:52 PM

DwarfMiner is not HP and not even fpga.land. Senseless is a real person and they haven't promised to ship on the 18th or on "Friday". That said, I would not recommend paying fpga.land, or any new vendor, via irreversible payment methods or at least without doing some serious due diligence, including contacting them in person, contacting Xilinx, etc.

Please don't invoke false equivalences here and don't provide any hint of legitimacy to DwarfMiner. They might still be contacting customers with unpaid orders or doing some other shady shit so you'd be helping a scam if that's the case. Right now they are firmly 100% in the "scam until conclusively proven otherwise" territory. Two deadlines have been missed, completely anonymous vendor, no proof the product has ever existed.

Yes. Preorder for August. They did accept PayPal briefly, had some issues, so not sure what to think of that. But there are ways to do some due diligence on them. They are not an anonymous Spanish/Ukrainian/Chinese/Russian/Latvian "developer" with a magic FPGA.

Its risky to buy anything that hasn't been properly introduced and tested by at least a few people. Just sayin.
Not calling anyone a scammer or anything, but i have my doubts, even about the FPGA's, what can they mine and how fast, can they even run 24/7 without malfunctions etc. Smiley
Bloupy

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:55:02 PM

I'm still praying, as I've ordered 16 of these fuckers..
Did you pay the whole lot?
I bought 20, but paid only 25%. They themselves offered to pay less...

Hello,

I'm a new user on this forum but i'm watching this thread since the beginning.
I ordered one piece of this famous miner.
When i see that they made super discount like that for 20pcs, 25 per cent of the price? i really have doubt now.
Let's see:
They sold 20 miners for 25 per cent of the price to one guy = around 1500 euros
They sold 16 miners (full price) to another guy = around 4800 euros
Let's say it's already abnormal? (why so much discount if you're sure of the mining capability of your product guys?)
If you really got the batch in your hands right now, why don't you post a picture of them on this forum, to "reassure" your customers?
Thx and regards!

yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:58:01 PM

I'm still praying, as I've ordered 16 of these fuckers..
Did you pay the whole lot?
I bought 20, but paid only 25%. They themselves offered to pay less...

Hello,

I'm a new user on this forum but i'm watching this thread since the beginning.
I ordered one piece of this famous miner.
When i see that they made super discount like that for 20pcs, 25 per cent of the price? i really have doubt now.
Let's see:
They sold 20 miners for 25 per cent of the price to one guy = around 1500 euros
They sold 16 miners (full price) to another guy = around 4800 euros
Let's say it's already abnormal? (why so much discount if you're sure of the mining capability of your product guys?)
If you really got the batch in your hands right now, why don't you post a picture of them on this forum, to "reassure" your customers?
Thx and regards!

Its not a discount, its only the upfront payment, rest to be paid on disptach/delivery.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: