Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:44:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC  (Read 43405 times)
ZaebaloRegitsa4

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 12:33:11 AM

anyone have any idea what he got away with on this ...a btc address or something?

just curious

brad

Apparently seven BTC were sold recently. No other information.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:16:28 AM

And speaking of odd things, if you or someone you know has been scratching their heads about mining Walton Coin, this summary of Reddit postings is pretty helpful.  And it is free.

https://mega.nz/#!TNYhjSqI!QxY_m_CsMknTNv43B5AvrpcmZrSFnfLdYaqsFmbxekA

ROLand, Tut, read my last 12 posts, all 12.  This is a thread about a scam, I'm commenting on another one.  If the lightbulb doesn't go off in your head PM, and I will explain.

Your links are no good, thats why peops think your spamming.
That and the fact you didn't mention you thought it was also a scam.
BTW this is not a FPGA scam its a GPU rig scam.

Here is a cached copy.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3cO500kqvgQJ:https://www.digie.io/walton-train-6x/&num=1&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1&vwsrc=0

Walton Train
$10,800

Here at Digital Gold we believe Walton Chain(WTC) is literally going to take over. Watch out ETH - your time has passed. This rig is mining on the main blockchain. There are no pools and is killing it with finding full blocks. Jump on this train with us. WALTON TRAIN!  

blah blah blah
WALTON TRAIN!

Order this

The page has been removed.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
_oh_no_stop_this_

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:03:17 PM

Guys, why don't we make an investment pool together with some credible people on this forum and really make it happen? Like kickstarter for crypto project?
OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 11:35:37 PM

With the Acorn coming out on the low end, and BCU1525 covering the high end, I don't know if a kickstarter for a 'real dwarfminer'-type FPGA still has a market??
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:35:23 AM

Your links are no good, thats why peops think your spamming.
That and the fact you didn't mention you thought it was also a scam.
BTW this is not a FPGA scam its a GPU rig scam.

Here is a cached copy.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3cO500kqvgQJ:https://www.digie.io/walton-train-6x/&num=1&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1&vwsrc=0

Walton Train
$10,800

Here at Digital Gold we believe Walton Chain(WTC) is literally going to take over. Watch out ETH - your time has passed. This rig is mining on the main blockchain. There are no pools and is killing it with finding full blocks. Jump on this train with us. WALTON TRAIN!  

blah blah blah
WALTON TRAIN!

Order this

The page has been removed.

This link should be good:

https://mega.nz/#!TNYhjSqI!QxY_m_CsMknTNv43B5AvrpcmZrSFnfLdYaqsFmbxekA

Copy the entire link into a new tab and download.

The entire project is a scam.

Ripping off people by selling over priced NVIDIA rigs is just a secondary effect of the primary scam.

If you have difficulty with that link, PM me.

Yes, the shameless Walton "OVER PRICED GRAVY TRAIN" has been taken down.  Glad to see that you cached it.

Thank you.

EDIT:  Yes, Walton Chain is not an FPGA scam, I get that.  But here is what I told Tut privately:

Scams succeed because people do not speak up.

People do not speak up because (1) they fear getting attacked; and (2) generally, there is little to no upside in flagging scams *before* they go down in screaming flames.

How many people on this thread are now saying 'oh, yeah, I knew it was a scam from day one,' yet they said nothing until July?

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:51:59 PM

1) Learn to use images
2) What does that even mean? That you knew at least a week ago that you'll not be able to ship on the 18th but decided to playing dumb?
Learn forum's rules - new users can not attach images   Roll Eyes
The Chinese factory does not obey me. I can not influence their promises.

No communication from you DwarfMiner since June 19th.

What is the status of shipping these orders? Or should I assume this was a scam all along like the rest of the posters here thought?

(Yes, I am still foolishly holding out hope.)

He hasn't logged back in since the 20th so I wouldn't expect a response lol.  The good news is that experience is the best teacher Smiley
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:26:07 PM

So has anyone started the man hunt for the OP to try and track him down?  Would be interesting if he ripped off someone from the same country and you were able to find him... Would make for a real fun time.  Anyone started looking for him yet?
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:44:54 PM

So has anyone started the man hunt for the OP to try and track him down?  Would be interesting if he ripped off someone from the same country and you were able to find him... Would make for a real fun time.  Anyone started looking for him yet?
anyone in a proper jurisdiction, using the account they sent a paypal payment to;  that did get ripped off.....   can open a lawsuit and use a subpoena/criminal investigation to obtain the recipient's personal info of the paypal account that had been used.   That will be one avenue....  but it probably wont be much good info since it was most likely bad info or an alias and the reasoning for having the account suspended due to fraudulent cash activity.

I can't assure this is true, as I am not allowed to get that kind of answer from my buddy.   That one yes/no question was pushing it already in a legal sense... You would have to follow correct channels.

Second;  anyone who wired bank transfers can at least find out what bank the funds were routed to.    Things can be deduced from there by officials depending on the banks jurisdiction and governing bodies.

I would love to see this guy burn.  This is the part of society we need to expunge from existence.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:46:36 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

People get scammed because they have much more money than sense and like is always said, just gamble with money that will not be missed and as this market got to a point where idiots were buying rx 580 for $1000 and titan v for $4000 which means they were desperate to part away with their easy earned money as crypto market grew many times during few months ago, so like i said before this market has got so much money that people are desperate to be better than the competition and this fpga is the answer to attract these idiots with more money than sense and the person who did this scam knows that this is the best time for scams like this.

Why is this happening? one of the reasons is that people post farms with hundreds of gpus and asics, so scammers see there is too much money somewhere around here, this section makes perfect sense for scammers to be around, create stories and steal from these people with more money than sense because they are desperate in having 1% more hashrate than the competition, this market has become so stupid to a point where some desperate idiots using their celeron cpus to mine.

I would love to see this guy burn.  This is the part of society we need to expunge from existence.

The scammer is not the one to be blamed, idiots are getting what they deserve as i said before they are desperate to part ways with their easy earned money because if it was hard earned then they would think many times, be more careful, not be desperate, wait for things to get better, wait and so on.

I called for this fpga scam and I think any promoting it, is promoting scams.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:52:59 PM

So has anyone started the man hunt for the OP to try and track him down?  Would be interesting if he ripped off someone from the same country and you were able to find him... Would make for a real fun time.  Anyone started looking for him yet?

As stated before in the thread, had a buddy back in the day get lucky and get like 60 btc back (when BTC was like 180 bucks or some such). He managed to get a hold of the data hall

and track the IP and the IP showed it was used on a previous scam site www.butterflylabs.com (note the s) if I remember correctly, that had taken the $$ and ran. The mistake was he

/she re-used the IP on the scam miner he was on the hook for...thus the lead..such as it was...

With the threat of 'maybe' being 1 step away from a name...the scammer folded and refunded all on that scam...but may have been due to dumb luck and 'newbie' scammer panic.

I guess you could start there..with the data hall and IP and hope you get lucky...long odds...but this is the 'only' instance that I know of where a scammer was at least 'spooked'

and refunded.

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:58:13 PM

I doubt anything will come out of this. The scammer seemed to be very determined to not divulge any identifying info, and the little bits that were made available are likely forged and misleading. PayPal account is likely hacked/bought, the name Nicolas Garcia is as fake as it sounds, any logs would probably show a VPN/Tor exit node, etc.

The only hope is that he/she was too cheap and made a mistake somewhere along the way trying to save a few bucks. E.g. used their real name on a bank account instead of buying a couple of shelf companies.
nsummy

Activity: 1179

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:02:43 AM

So has anyone started the man hunt for the OP to try and track him down?  Would be interesting if he ripped off someone from the same country and you were able to find him... Would make for a real fun time.  Anyone started looking for him yet?

gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:57:29 AM

Manhunt.....I used to play that game on PC. Very good game.
exodussian

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:51:20 PM

Well ,  i have ordered 4 pcs ,

cuz ceo of bittube coin ,  said he has one. and it works.

So Then, i decided to buy.

He had said , he paid via BTC and received via postal service from China,

he said he ordered few more but dwarf guys disappeared, he s in germany now,
when he will be back to tenerife, he will give me details.

I asked him the sender address where he received the postal from.

we will see.

I hope we can reach some details.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:26:50 PM

So Then, i decided to buy.

He had said , he paid via BTC and received via postal service from China,

he said he ordered few more but dwarf guys disappeared, he s in germany now,
when he will be back to tenerife, he will give me details.

I asked him the sender address where he received the postal from.

we will see.

I hope we can reach some details.

Honestly I highly doubt so. No one received anything. Are you sure he was not talking about something else ?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:27:10 PM

Tell "ceo of bittube coin" to come over here and explain this.

Until that happens we should assume that either (1) that person is in cahoots with the scammers, or (2) you're lying.
exodussian

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:39:54 PM

Tell "ceo of bittube coin" to come over here and explain this.

Until that happens we should assume that either (1) that person is in cahoots with the scammers, or (2) you're lying.

check

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/442318194389024769/467066765453819904/unknown.png?width=841&height=473

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442318194389024769/467067994854391809/unknown.png
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 08:57:37 PM

check

I don't know what that means. Someone calling themselves "BITTUBE Official" said something on discord... do they have a Bitcointalk account?
exodussian

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:02:45 PM

you can go there

https://discord.gg/wvQ9CHq

and go mining channel

and search : "yes they are real"

it s there

Iamtutut

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:09:50 PM

I don't know what that means. Someone calling themselves "BITTUBE Official" said something on discord... do they have a Bitcointalk account?

You'll find people from bittube in their announcement thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2856278.0;topicseen
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: