Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine... Revolution.  (Read 227057 times)
Lanochka

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

:)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 10:55:16 AM

Lanochka, do you know Maksim Plakhtiy?

Personally - no.
I  hear about Maksim Plakhiy  (https://www.facebook.com/maxim.plakhtiy) (Hi is coordinator of IT tent on the maidan).

I have found the BTC code for donation from VK gropp in contacts (I've sent some money for that adress), see here: http://vk.com/topic-62043361_29342502  I can`t to contact to administrators of the VK groupp, but this is official groupp of Pravyy Sector.

Maksim and I grew up together practically in the same кoляcкa. Our moms were close friends, and we were born at about the same time, and were friends growing up. So he is the only one I trust there, and since he helps with IT, I figure he would be best to handle cryptocurrency donations. Though that could also put him at risk.
I don't know who ПPABИЙ CEКTOP is, or if the people running it can be trusted.

Do not send your bitcoins to Maidan. Do not support terrorism!

It is only terrorism when someone is trying to terrorize the people. It is not terrorism when someone is trying to terrorize the government. Governments should be afraid of their people, not the other way around.

So, if you personal know Maksim, you can write to him, and ask for way to help.
Also, today I've found the one more post, that I haven't seen before: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441785.0  but it more older post, I hope all means that people donated, will go to help affected people from maidan. 

P.S
Pay no attention to people such as fsb4000 , his nickname speaks for itself. Such people are the real terrorists.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fsb4000
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:38:14 PM

Killing policemen is terrorism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lGLA-cnsxg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpwvZwUam-URkxB7g4USKpg
sshapiroNJ

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:34:31 PM

Today I've read they are going to have early elections according to their president's words and also there are going to be some constitutional reforms.
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:37:14 PM

Let's all hope this will bring back some peace to the streets. It has been awful to see people murdering each other out in public.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:16:17 PM

When I see snipers firing at the crowd I come to a conclusion that people are much worse than animals.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 03:04:37 AM

I just hope this time those in power actually keep their word, instead of using this agreement as another delaying tactic. It's good to know what Yischinko has lost so much power and support among his peers in parliament.

Maybe some day I'll actually feel that my home is safe enough to visit again. I haven't been back since I left in 1989 Sad
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 03:31:11 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 03:50:36 PM by Welsh

Some of the news we have been hearing here at the UK:

15:23: More on that decision by Ukraine's parliament to dismiss President Yanukovych. MPs declared him constitutionally unable to carry out his duties. After the vote, some then stood, applauded and sang the national anthem.

15:26:
BBC Monitoring reports that the vote to dismiss Mr Yanukovych was broadcast live by the parliamentary TV channel Rada. The decision was passed by a majority of 328 votes although it was not clear whether any MPs voted against it or abstained.

BREAKING NEWS: Ukraine's parliament has voted to dismiss President Viktor Yanukovych and set elections for 25 May.

"Ukraine's parliament has voted to release jailed opposition figure Yulia Tymoshenko, but it is not clear when she will be freed" - bbc news

I think it will be interesting come the date of May 25th to see what will exactly happen. Seems there has been a lot of progress since the last 3 months and it's nice to see that there is some progress being made, of course I'm sure some of the news that we are being delivered over here will be inaccurate, but the images and the news we have been following over here as been rather surprising and difficult to follow as some of the acts which both government and people have done has been immoral.

Taking a look at some of the people being interviewed by our news reporters, even the people are unsure what is exactly going to happen and what action they are prepared to take.
rmines

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 05:28:42 PM

Why won't Yanukovych just resign..
It would save a lot of wounded and killed people.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
GoldenWings91

Activity: 141

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a25_1393030880 Killing your own people because someone told it's ok  Embarrassed

EDIT: skip 10 min in to see protesters being picked off

Support The Bitcoin Network By Running A Full Node
Node Stats     GPG Key-ID: 0x445DF2D8     Monetary Freedom Is A Basic Human Right
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:44:04 PM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a25_1393030880 Killing your own people because someone told it's ok  Embarrassed

EDIT: skip 10 min in to see protesters being picked off

Very sad to see that happening, I've just looked at some of the other videos which liveleak has and have found some that might be worth watching to anyone who wants to know the kind of things that are going on out there:

Warning, the content is for over 18 only. (Contains upsetting and graphical content)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=58b_1392877307

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ad2_1393083985

The videos I have watched shows the pride in which the people have and them helping complete strangers when they need it most, I have discussed this with many people and there are mixed feelings from many people, some believe that this indeed is not how the people should of reacted, yet some believe this was going to happen and had to happen and is going to happen in a lot of other places soon. I think that I would have to agree that it is likely going to happen in more places as this certain event shows that the people do have power and how corrupt the government is being.
Even though the leader has been voted out by his parliament his arch enemy released from prison and can go for presidency in the new election the current president (the one that has been voted out by his own people & parliament) is refusing to resign and tried to flee to Russia, now the parliament has decided that he can't use any public transportation or be allowed to leave the country.

I would like to hear some more opinions from others on the recent news that has been broadcast.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 03:07:11 AM

Open letter from Russian in Ukraine to Russians in Russia

Dear friends, the letter below went viral during the last several days. I made an English translation of it, so non-Ukrainians could have better understanding of what's going on in Ukraine. Please feel free to disseminate it as you see fit. V.Y.

FEBRUARY 2014 EVENTS IN UKRAINE: OPEN LETTER TO RUSSIANS IN RUSSIA FROM KIEV

(Translated from Russian)

Digest:

This is the open letter to the Russian public, written by someone (need to find out who exactly) in Kiev, February 19 2014, on the day when snipers killed lots of people on the Maidan, in front of the live web cameras. This letter apparently went viral among Russian-speaking supporters of the Maidan protesters. The language of the letter is very strong, because emotions were very strong that day, and for a good reason. The author gives a brief account of the events: how they got started, and how they unfolded. He expresses frustration with the meddling of Russian authorities, and with the conformity and servility of Russian mass media and Russian public opinion. This letter is translated from Russian to English for the benefit of non-Russian speaking Ukrainian diaspora, and for all people who do not read Russian or Ukrainian but are interested in the ‘first-hand account from the member of the general public’. It also dispels the widely expressed opinion that at the root of the trouble in Ukraine is the conflict between Russian-speaking and Ukrainian-speaking groups and regions. The author writes and thinks in Russian, but it does not prevent him from supporting the struggle of the Maidan or condemning depraved Russian influence.

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

Dear friends,

I am writing to those who are in Russia, because everyone in Ukraine already knows and understands everything I want to say. I decided to write this after receiving yesterday many bizarre messages and inquiries from Moscow. I have the full impression that there no one understands what’s going on in Kiev, and this is why I want to do some explaining. I think I have the right to do that, since I am Russian, was born in Moscow, but live in Ukraine for seven years now. I have family, two kids, and a teaching job here.

Everything that is happening now in Ukraine is not a conflict between the government and the radicals. There are no two sides here, and we cannot even talk about attempts to resolve the conflict through the talks, or through ‘plowing with the tanks’ as some are suggesting in Russian mass media. Here’s what we have. For four years now we have lived with Yanukovych. He won elections with the microscopic lead, and with massive election fraud, especially in the Eastern Regions. Once elected, he grabbed an unprecedented power for himself, changing the Constitution for this purpose. He took 35 billion dollars in credits. He jailed his election opponent using drummed-up charges. In four years Ukraine grew impoverished. Now it is impossible to conduct business here, pay taxes, or do any creative work.  Health care, education, city services – all totally deteriorated. Against this backdrop, our country was re-modelled to fit the needs of Yanukovych’s family. His son suddenly became a multi-billionaire. Yanukovych himself became the third-most-expensive President to upkeep – after Obama and Putin. His one day costs us 2 million US dollars. For the last six months he kept telling us that the problems of Ukraine would be solved if we sign the treaty with the European Union. Every day we were told that, with the detailed explanations. One day before the treaty was due to be signed, he announced that he changed his mind and did not even care to give any reason why.

In Kiev, several hundred people took to the Maidan. They said they want the treaty to be signed; they want something to be changed. Not that everyone wanted to be in the European Union that much, but this treaty was seen as a hope for some reforms, for some improvement of our life. Those people kept gathering for several days, and then their numbers dwindled. When only five hundred remained, Ukrainian special security forces, Berkut (Hawks) attacked them. People were severely beaten, chased all around downtown, roughed up, and packed into the police vans. Many took refuge in Michailovsky Sobor (St. Michael Cathedral). This action caused such an outrage that on the next day the Maidan gathering was revitalized. Those who showed up this time demanded that organizers of the beatings should be punished according to the law. Yes, they also occupied the building of the city administration, and tried to come close to the President’s Administration building, but it is difficult to control a furious crowd a million people strong. Nobody demanded Yanukovych’s resignation yet. People just said that they will stay on the Maidan until the perpetrators are punished. After ten days, police tried to clear up the Maidan by force. They did not succeed. After this authorities abandoned all civilized rules and norms. People connected to the Maidan protests were snatched, kidnapped, beaten, tortured, and killed. Around the city, government-sponsored gangs of thugs, dubbed “Titushki” by the population, began to attack anyone they did not like. The Maidan was still going strong.  After a month of a stand-off, parliamentarians from Yanukovich’s party rammed through the package of laws that made everybody standing on the Maidan a criminal: with fifteen years of prison as a sentence. It had become very clear that Yanukovych did not want to punish organizers of the first attempt to dissolve the protesters, did not want to fire any of his associates, did not want to have talks about anything. People got desperate, and not knowing what to do began to storm the government city blocks. Now they had nothing to lose, since each one was standing to receive fifteen years in jail anyway.  Street fights begun to break out. All regions of Ukraine except Donetsk and Crimea rose up. That’s it. There is no split, no division in Ukraine. It is stupid and foolish to think so.  Then Yanukovich got scared, cancelled repressive laws and sacked the Prime Minister. The truce was going on for almost a month. During this month he participated in talks and promised to do something. During this month an operation to liquidate Maidan protest was planned and prepared. Russian secret services provided inputs for this plan.

The day before yesterday our Parliament was scheduled to discuss new Constitution changes, designed to limit the powers of the President. They also were about to vote to nominate a new Prime Minister. Maidan activists decided to organize a demonstration near Verhovna Rada (Supreme Council – the Parliament of Ukraine). They wanted to remind the people’s elected representatives about their responsibilities. When they marched to the Rada, they were met by Berkut (special riot police) and Titushki (government-sponsored thugs). People were beaten and hit by stones. Rubber bullets and Molotov cocktails were strewn at them from the rooftops. People dispersed and retreated. After that, a new attack on the Maidan has begun. Everything was prepared in advance. Kiev’s metro (underground) was shut down. All roads to the city were blocked by concrete barricades and heavy construction trucks. In the downtown electricity and telecommunications were cut off.  Authorities thought they will take over the Maidan in two hours and suppress the protest. Mass arrests of participants and their supporters were planned for the next morning. But the Maidan stood strong, even though Berkut used armored personnel carriers, water cannons, and shrapnel –packed hand grenades. The Ukrainian security services  issued firearms to the Titushki (thugs). The Titushky began to shoot the pedestrians on the streets, loot the stores, and set parked cars on fire. I don’t know what would have happened if they prevailed. But the Maidan stood on.

Yesterday half of the country erupted. The Metro is still not working. It is dangerous to move around the city – armed Titushki kill people everywhere, even in my own neighborhood. Berkut and police take people from the streets, torture them and kill them. Wounded are taken from the hospitals, loaded into police vans, and removed to unknown locations. Today, when some military units declined to participate in the battle, Berkut and Titushki got automatic rifles. Right now, today on the Maidan, snipers killed dozens of people. Yanukovich summons to the city not only the riot police, but the military personnel in full combat gear.

Think about it. Yesterday there was a talk about eighty people killed and thousands wounded. Many of those wounded lost their eyes, arms. Many have burnt lungs, since gas grenades were used mercilessly. Hospitals are overflowing. The Titushki assault the medical personnel and set ambulances on fire.

I want to say that in this situation there is no division along any legitimate political lines. Yanukovych is a murderer and a tyrant, a totally deranged man. He is not interested in anything besides preserving his own power. There can be no two opinions about it, like there can be no two opinions about Hitler.  The things that are being said out loud in Russia, about ambitious Klichko, about ‘plowing the Maidan with tanks’ pushes our countries to levels of animosity unprecedented in history. Don’t believe the Russian mass media, even the liberal ones! There is no division, no standoff. There is a deranged, sick man with the criminal past. He wants to drown our country in blood.

I want everybody in Russia to take a pause and think. All of this would not be happening if not Putin, who backed up and encouraged Yanukovych, told him to disperse the Maidan. And be warned that Berkut members have the same mindset as Putin. They decorate their uniforms with “St.George’s Cross” stripes. I am afraid this symbol will become a synonym of the swastika very soon. The responsibility for the events in Kiev lies on Russians, who got addled up by their imperialistic chauvinism. Russia, which built up one of the most disgusting political regimes in human history, which supported and still supports all the cannibals of the world, starting with Lukashenko and ending with Asad, Russia is guilty first and foremost. Here, in Kiev, I am ashamed that I am a Russian.

I am sure in a couple of years from now, when the era of oil super-profits will come to an end  and it will become clear that Putin is not capable of managing anything, then the same story will be happening in Russia as well. The government buildings in the regions will burst up in flames. Federal republics will announce their secession. And then Putin will be left with a million policemen, half-a-million Security Services, and a million United Russia party members. And he will try to drown Russia in blood in the same way Yanukovych is doing right now, because they can do nothing else. And then everyone in Russia will understand what’s going on in here. But for now you can enjoy your Olympics, and your travels to exotic destinations. There is still a little time left.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:55:30 AM

So I now understand why people are saying this revolution was setup by the powers of the western world.  The point being to remove Russian ties from Ukraine for a European based government to promote the western agenda - if that's truly what this is about.

This isn't a real revolution, normally a revolution consists of fighting tyranny to empower your own country, not to relinquish power to another country.  If they were fighting for anarchy, this would be golden, but it seems that it has either been started or perverted to benefit the special interest of a few.  Or that's just what is being told.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
cyrpi4

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:11:58 AM

dank, I can't agree with you as it is a revolution and they are not going to relinquish power t another country, they were fighting to make their lives better as in past they were stuck between Russia and Europe and no one can sit on two chairs so they decided to choose a 'chair' and so they were fighting againt their authorities who are willing to make a deal with Russia just because they get money from Russian's authorities.

Donations: 2235fa09-d5b3-4d5d-9b28-d1281abc1ccb
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:08:05 PM

When I see snipers firing at the crowd I come to a conclusion that people are much worse than animals.

no
we're the same

some animals want to hurt others
other animals take care of other animals

some people want to hurt others
other people take care of other people

we're the same basically because we are animals, we never stopped being animals, it's just that we think we're better then other animals but we just have a more developed brain, other urges remain the same as before Smiley

miketonic

Activity: 185

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:14:59 PM

no
we're the same

we're the same basically because we are animals, we never stopped being animals, it's just that we think we're better then other animals but we just have a more developed brain, other urges remain the same as before Smiley
I don't think other animals kill each other than for food.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:20:17 PM

no
we're the same

I don't think other animals kill each other than for food.

yes they do..

ants for example fight wars between each other Cheesy

cats kill other cats because they might steal their females, or bites off other cats testicles Cheesy

bears kill just to make someone stay away from their progeny..

dolphins pick on younger males which they sometimes even kill..

wolfs fight between themselves, dogs do too..

TheIrishman
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:41:26 AM

Ukraine leader warns of separatism threat amid fears over Crimea

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/25/ukraine-separatism-threat-crimea-russia-naval-port

"Comments come after Russian official says Moscow will act in event of heightened tensions and military movements at port."
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:10:36 AM

dank, I can't agree with you as it is a revolution and they are not going to relinquish power t another country, they were fighting to make their lives better as in past they were stuck between Russia and Europe and no one can sit on two chairs so they decided to choose a 'chair' and so they were fighting againt their authorities who are willing to make a deal with Russia just because they get money from Russian's authorities.

Why can't they just sit in the chair called "Ukraine"?  Why do they need to join some European cult or Russian one?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:01:29 AM

The Ukraine Gun Owners Association wants the new government to add their own right to bear arms to the country's constitution.

As of today Ukrainian Gun Owners Association will start to work on the preparation of amendments to the Constitution, which will provide an unconditional right for Ukrainian citizens to bear arms.
People gathered in Independence Square in Kiev after President Viktor Yanukovich rejected a European Union trade deal for a $15 billion bailout from Russia in November. It was relatively peaceful for three months, but violence escalated on February 18. Over 70 people died during the week and amateur videos showed snipers shooting at unarmed protesters.

People should have the right to bear arms, which will be put in written into the Constitution.
Authorities should not and will not be stronger than its people!

Armed people are treated with respect!

America's founding fathers implemented the Second Amendment because it is a natural right for people to defend themselves.

According to GunPolicy.org, Ukraine's gun laws are described as restrictive. The government owns seven million guns while there are only three million guns for private citizens. A citizen must prove they have a legitimate reason to own a firearm.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/02/oh-my-citizens-of-ukraine-demand-their.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjaTulXPGQ

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:09:31 AM

http://youtu.be/7B5AXBFeRLM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: