Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:03:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37]
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111618 times)
outing

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 06:19:30 AM

I hope you unconditionally happy . Now to the good, isn't it ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silence

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 07:49:13 AM

sorry,I have no idea!
prcarter

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 10:44:31 AM

Holy... whatever!

This is still going?!  Shocked

And now with names... what next? Let's open a Wikipedia page? Can we have a pic of MtGox's former and present CEO for that Wiki article?

This isn't peanuts, this is $45000. And it's still locked, as I hear, and people are going to court. This is around the total USD transaction volume of MtGox (and maybe BTC in general) for around a week? Or more? I'm not sure, but it's a lot. All this talk about "scammers", "thiefs", "security vulnerabilities" etc may be affecting BTC in general, and even BTC price in the market. You don't trust a brand new currency/stock/whatever when you are feeling insecure about it.

I hope this issue is resolved ASAP and everybody gets their money back, even if they don't make the profit they expected.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 19, 2011, 10:47:26 AM

This isn't peanuts, this is $45000. And it's still locked, as I hear, and people are going to court. This is around the total USD transaction volume of MtGox (and maybe BTC in general) for around a week? Or more? I'm not sure, but it's a lot. All this talk about "scammers", "thiefs", "security vulnerabilities" etc may be affecting BTC in general, and even BTC price in the market. You don't trust a brand new currency/stock/whatever when you are feeling insecure about it.

I hope this issue is resolved ASAP and everybody gets their money back, even if they don't make the profit they expected.

I think reason x cause y change in Bitcoin market price!

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2011, 01:03:34 AM

@prcarter,

That's what I'd been trying to tell since the beginning of my intervention here. Already enough to got misunderstood and confused by a Baron's clone.
This whole mess is hitting BTC hard, rates just keep dropping, and again... all thanks to Jed finding play CSI as his new hobby...

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 20, 2011, 01:04:11 AM

@prcarter,

That's what I'd been trying to tell since the beginning of my intervention here. Already enough to got misunderstood and confused by a Baron's clone.
This whole mess is hitting BTC hard, rates just keep dropping, and again... all thanks to Jed finding play CSI as his new hobby...
I believe reason x cause y change in Bitcoin market price!

Anonymous

March 20, 2011, 02:13:10 AM

Baron should be able to prove he deposited money into his lr account at least.

He could even take screenshots... Cheesy
prcarter

View Profile
March 20, 2011, 01:29:28 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2011, 01:42:13 PM by prcarter

Baron should be able to prove he deposited money into his lr account at least.

He could even take screenshots... Cheesy

Liberty Reserve has an SSL certificate by VeriSign Inc. ("Class 3 Extended Validation" it says, issued in February, for 2 years). I think VeriSign certificates cost quite a bit, and VeriSign is pretty reputable (used by banks). In the VeriSign website, they say they give "warranties" of more then $100,000 . I.e., if you can present a false certificate issued by VeriSign then, congratulations, you win $100,000.

These "certificate authorities" simply vouch that "you are talking to the real Liberty Reserve" or "you are talking to the real mtgox.com" (or to whoever has mtgox's server's private key). It's still up to you to decide who to trust. My idea was that maybe this could be used to prove ["prove" or at least "show", with a relative degree of certainty... measured in dollars perhaps?] that this particular communication was really between mtgox.com and baron, for instance. In the absence of anything else (like a PGP-signed email), this could work as an on-line "statement" or a "receipt".

If the website says "your balance is this", in a way that any human could understand, then that's an obvious statement, isn't it?

I still haven't looked into the technical details of this. It will probably require special software in the client. Passwords would be included in this conversation, so, after recording, the client would have to change the password (and record the password-changing conversation too? he wouldn't show that last one, of course). If the website in question, at some corner, shows the current date/time, that is good (a statement that "this is the time now").

It's probably too late for all that now. Baron should had thought of this earlier. MtGox and friends can say whatever they want now.

And where are those $3000 LR transactions from Baron to the alleged thief?
prcarter

View Profile
March 20, 2011, 01:52:02 PM

@prcarter,

I believe reason x cause y change in Bitcoin market price!

Pah! You silly speculators!
ISA

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:47:29 PM

For me it sounds like that someone tries to discredit mtGox/Bitcoin.

Guys keep in mind, that a new currency will face a lot of trouble from the establishment.

This could be:
1) Direct attacks like DDos or Hacks.
2) Manipulative/Speculative trades to de-stabilize the market.
3) Spreading wrong information like forum posts and news/blog articles.
4) Inner problems like greed of the participants.
5) Legal attacks.

I wouldn't spend too much attention to those attempts.

Bitcoin has strong base principles and mechanics - by far more stable than any fiat currency like USD, EUR etc in the world.

This gives it the potential for a great future.
eMansipater

Activity: 294
Merit: 273

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 08:22:49 PM

Just let this thread die.

If you found my post helpful, feel free to send a small tip to 1QGukeKbBQbXHtV6LgkQa977LJ3YHXXW8B
Visit the BitCoin Q&A Site to ask questions or share knowledge.
0.009 BTC too confusing?  Use mBTC instead!  Details at www.em-bit.org or visit the project thread to help make Bitcoin prices more human-friendly.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2011, 02:07:43 AM

Topic has been locked.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37]
  Print  

Jump to: