Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111619 times)
theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:48:43 PM

7. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
8. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.
9. Mtgox.com starting asking from where I get those 9000$ BTC, I explained.

After the deal with the stranger, have you done any BTC deposits to your mtgox account?

No.

How exactly did mtgox refer to the 9000$ BTC in question, in their inquiry?

He blocked my mtgox.com account, and started asking from where i received 9000$ , I explained him.

Baron, one source of confusion for me (and maybe for others) is confusion about when you are talking about BTC, and when you are talking about LRD, and when you are talking about USD. Could you try to remember to specify which you mean? In this example it is clear, since you are responding directly to dkaparis, but it could get messy later down the road.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:48:57 PM

Baron seems quite forthright, gives you addresses to chase everything you asked for .... where's mt. gox now?

Are they going to be posting bitcoin addresses so we can verify their trades are only done with "honest money"... I don't think so.... its a big can of worms chasing the money trail ... there is no where to stop but blind accusations and madness ... its not worth it and it is not what bitcoin should be about. This is very destructive for bitcoin reputation.

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:50:30 PM

Baron seems quite forthright, gives you addresses to chase everything you asked for .... where's mt. gox now?

Are they going to be posting bitcoin addresses so we can verify their trades are only done with "honest money"... I don't think so.... its a big can of worms chasing the money trail ... there is no where to stop but blind accusations and madness ... its not worth it and it is not what bitcoin should be about. This is very destructive for bitcoin reputation.

But the story does not make sense. How could mtgox know that Baron received 9000 BTC to a private address? The only thing I can think of is that the coins were once owned by the exchange, and Baron used the same address to cash out of mtgox and receive the 9000 BTC.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2011, 10:51:44 PM

You bought coins for USD 3000, and don't remember anything about this guy (e.g. IRC channel or nick or LR account number) or have any record of the transaction?  Doesn't sound very likely to me.  Are there more suspicious transactions involved?
I was trading in IRC only one time, there is no more suspicious transations involved. As I said before, it was more than month ago, so I can't remember details.
Did you just visit IRC channels at random this one time, and then some random person came from nowhere and asked if you were interested in trading LRUSD for bitcoins?  I find this very hard to believe.  Most people at least have an idea what IRC channels they are visiting.  Are you afraid there may be logs?  Do you remember which nick you may have used on IRC?  This story needs a lot more flesh to be even remotely plausible.  You may not be the scammer yourself, but you are certainly not helping to find the person.  Trying to protect the identity of the scammer, assuming it isn't you, will not get you anywhere.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
Baron (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:53:30 PM

last my post:
"He blocked my mtgox.com account, and started asking from where i received 9000$ , I explained him."  I was talking about from where I received 9000$ BTC.

correct:
"He blocked my mtgox.com account, and started asking from where i received 9000$ BTC, I explained him."

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:57:00 PM

But the story does not make sense. How could mtgox know that Baron received 9000 BTC to a private address? The only thing I can think of is that the coins were once owned by the exchange, and Baron used the same address to cash out of mtgox and receive the 9000 BTC.

I think someone  inform mtgox.com that his btc was stolen, and then mtgox.com starts  tracking stolen money through the block chain ( I don't know what that is ).

please see to first response to my thread : 
He's probably tracking stolen money through the block chain, and you touched it at some point. If this is the case, then he is primarily interested in locating the person you received the money from.

theymos  - is moderator of this forum.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 10:59:13 PM

Let me see them;

Mt Gox or someone close to him has been scammed.
They flag some hashes of that scam and got on a service like block explorer waiting for it to be moved. They notice the movement and cross data with BTC Addresses on their database. Found the BTC was moved to Baron's address and jumped on him.

Am I close to the truth?!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:05:02 PM

If this is the case it is very damaging.
It's 100% speculation.
Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:06:10 PM

Let me see them;

Mt Gox or someone close to him has been scammed.
They flag some hashes of that scam and got on a service like block explorer waiting for it to be moved. They notice the movement and cross data with BTC Addresses on their database. Found the BTC was moved to Baron's address and jumped on him.

Am I close to the truth?!

As you said, without any reaction from mtgox we can only guess what's going on.

+1 on what you said about his PR skills.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:08:31 PM

Had anybody contact mtgox regarding this matter? Or you guys are just talking about it?

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:09:41 PM

It's 100% speculation.

So let him come forward and explain himself. By Baron's words is the most likely possibility.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
dkaparis

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:10:25 PM

7. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
8. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.

After the deal with the stranger, have you done any BTC deposits to your mtgox account?

No.

He blocked my mtgox.com account, and started asking from where i received 9000$ , I explained him.

Did you specifically generate a new address for that transaction (deal with the stranger), and have you ever used that same address to receive bitcoins before or afterwards?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:14:34 PM

The use of $ and BTC together is very confusing. I am still not understanding if the 45000 USD is bitcoin or just LRUSD.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:17:15 PM

The use of $ and BTC together is very confusing. I am still not understanding if the 45000 USD is bitcoin or just LRUSD.

For what I understand: He had an account funded with 45.000 LRUSD on mtgox. Received last month 9000 BTC "flagged". Mt Gox by some reason block his account at expenses of those 9K BTC.

|

|
Mahkul

Activity: 434

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:17:55 PM

Had anybody contact mtgox regarding this matter? Or you guys are just talking about it?

Yes, he posted here already.
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:18:16 PM

45000 LRUSD

Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:18:35 PM

For what I understand: He had an account funded with 45.000 LRUSD on mtgox. Received last month 9000 BTC "flagged". Mt Gox by some reason block his account at expenses of those 9K BTC.

Correct

Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:22:26 PM

No.

Did you specifically generate a new address for that transaction (deal with the stranger), and have you ever used that same address to receive bitcoins before or afterwards?

I was "playing" with bitcoin client , I created some addreses (curently I don't realy understand why there is function to create new addreses ). I was using one bitcoin address with mtgox.com and second for trade (with that man from IRC), to trace money income into my bitcoin client. I never used those addreses for any other activiti. I also have some more addreses in my bitcoin client, but they not in use.

I never used bitcoin client before I was registered on mtgox.com, it was my first time.

BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:27:59 PM

Baron,

That function prevents other people to know how much you've on your wallet. Because bitcoin registers every transaction if you use always the same it's possible, by reading the block chain, to know how much you've in your address/wallet.
So, by generating a new Address it's not impossible, because if you movement your coins it's possible to know at which address they were previously, but much harder for a stranger to know your BTC current balance.

|

|
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 11:30:07 PM

Baron,

That function prevents other people to know how much you've on your wallet. Because bitcoin registers every transaction if you use always the same it's possible, by reading the block chain, to know how much you've in your address/wallet.
So, by generating a new Address it's not impossible, because if you movement your coins it's possible to know at which address they were previously, but much harder for a stranger to know your BTC current balance.

Thank you for information.

I don't see any problems that someone can see how much I have in bitcoin client. but it's not normal that strangers can know how much you have in pocket.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: