Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: mtgox.com has blocked my account with 45 000 USD in it!  (Read 111619 times)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:10:30 AM

So Mt. Gox is obviously acting on someone else's behalf, unless they have been scammed themselves, but how stupid would it be for the scammer to hold a large account at the place he is scamming.

Who is Baron's accuser here, who is Mt. Gox acting on behalf in blocking his account? Perhaps that party would have the balls to put their case out in public like Baron has had to prostrate himself in front of the baying mob?

They accuse this guy of stealing but won't show their face?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:11:23 AM

So Mt. Gox is obviously acting on someone else's behalf, unless they have been scammed themselves, but how stupid would it be for the scammer to hold a large account at the place he is scamming.

Who is Baron's accuser here, who is Mt. Gox acting on behalf in blocking his account? Perhaps that party would have the balls to put there case out in public?

They accuse this guy of stealing but won't show their face?

+1

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Baron (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:11:50 AM

let's I give you example.

Imagine you creating account somewhere and you need to creat new password.
You can remember that password for a week or little bit more, but not for months. So normally you write that password somewhere on paper or elsewhere(because you don't use that password usally ). Because I don't write it no where I don't remember.

Please also explain about those "links" .

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:16:55 AM

7. I meet man in IRC who offer me to make deal, he send me ~9000$ BTC I send him ~3000$ liberty reserve (simple trade) minus some fees, I accepted, trade was made. btc rate in that day was ~0.30/BTC.
8. After month after trade was made (with man from IRC) I noticed that my mtgox.com acount is blocked.
9. Mtgox.com starting asking from where I get those 9000$ BTC, I explained.

After the deal with the stranger, have you done any BTC deposits to your mtgox account?

No.

How exactly did mtgox refer to the 9000$ BTC in question, in their inquiry?

He blocked my mtgox.com account, and started asking from where i received 9000$ , I explained him.

Did you specifically generate a new address for that transaction (deal with the stranger), and have you ever used that same address to receive bitcoins before or afterwards?

I was "playing" with bitcoin client , I created some addreses (curently I don't realy understand why there is function to create new addreses ). I was using one bitcoin address with mtgox.com and second for trade (with that man from IRC), to trace money income into my bitcoin client. I never used those addreses for any other activiti. I also have some more addreses in my bitcoin client, but they not in use.

Is it possible that you used (accidentally or otherwise) the same address you used with the stranger for any other transaction (e.g. mtgox withdrawals), before or afterwards?

NO. only for testing  purpose. ( I send money from my one address to second my address ).

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:18:04 AM

right, I was received money in 3 days period. where is problem?
There is no problem, just trying to get the full picture. You forgot your IRC nick, channel name and nick of scammer. Fair enough. Is there any logs for this channel? That could be useful.
Well, you asked how mtgox know? Simple, you withdraw money to address A, then you send money to address B. Scammer also sends money to address B. Mtgox, me, you, everybody can see where you send money. In other words, we can see this link.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1DVQEpTFjxYpZMVy4Bam9MCxeGEtmMmQCh
http://blockexplorer.com/address/19n8ogD8imviHn9iZSpmUgdZqjTuDxzDwv

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:20:33 AM

Yes, he posted here already.

But not today?

Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:21:46 AM

Yes, he posted here already.

But not today?

No. I think everybody here's waiting for some words from him.
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:22:07 AM

right, I was received money in 3 days period. where is problem?
There is no problem, just trying to get the full picture. You forgot your IRC nick, channel name and nick of scammer. Fair enough. Is there any logs for this channel? That could be useful.
Well, you asked how mtgox know? Simple, you withdraw money to address A, then you send money to address B. Scammer also sends money to address B. Mtgox, me, you, everybody can see where you send money. In other words, we can see this link.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/19n8ogD8imviHn9iZSpmUgdZqjTuDxzDwv

So I don't see any problem about that. (links)

Yes I forgot because it was more than month ago. (IRC) 

Sorry I have to leave forum today, I will be tommorrow , I need to eat sometimes .

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:23:11 AM

If mtgox didn't know that this forum thread blew up that could have reputation repercussion...well...

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:29:08 AM

Some very interesting information in favor of Baron:

Out of 3096.93, about 3000 was sent directly from accounts with generated bitcoins.
Out of 3174.6, about 3100 was sent directly from accounts with generated bitcoins.
Out of 3134.8, it looks like most are also sent from accounts with generated bitcoins (but too many accounts to check)

In other words, mostly clean money, right?

don't trust me, check for yourself:

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:29:33 AM

Generally and hypothetically speaking:

Publicly accusing someone, of a crime (without solid, legally obtained, to "beyond reasonable doubt" standard, proof) may be an act of libel.

Taking someone's money based on such accusations, particularly if not proved, may be qualified as fraud.

I sincerely hope than none of these is the case here.

All of which make it very clear that there should be a dispute resolution process of some kind, including knowing who is the accuser. It should also be clear that there should be a Term of Service that details what the operator cannot or can do.

BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:29:47 AM

If mtgox didn't know that this forum thread blew up that could have reputation repercussion...well...

It's already having, hadn't you noticed some people starting to trade BTC here in the forum because "mt gox isn't liable"?
That's my main concern, and seeing this mtgox's silence isn't helping!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:30:04 AM

by the way.

Thank you TheKoziTwo  for showing my bitcoin history as proof that I am not lying.

twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:31:46 AM

Some very interesting information in favor of Baron:

Out of 3096.93, about 3000 was sent directly from accounts with generated bitcoins.
Out of 3174.6, about 3100 was sent directly from accounts with generated bitcoins.
Out of 3134.8, it looks like most are also sent from accounts with generated bitcoins (but too many accounts to check)

In other words, mostly clean money, right?

don't trust me, check for yourself:

I looked at the inputs to the transactions supposedly "from scammer":

2011-01-07 02:49:29 - 3134.8 BTC (in) ---> From scammer
2011-01-08 10:27:16 - 3174.6 BTC (in) ---> From scammer
2011-01-09 10:47:30 - 3096.9 BTC (in) ---> From scammer

One of them was a transaction from me, depositing BTC into Mt. Gox.  So one if not all of these transactions came directly from Mt. Gox.  Of course there could still be a "man on IRC" using Mt. Gox as an online wallet.
Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:33:22 AM

You all should also Think why mtgox started asking about "stolen" BTC only after month before they was sent?

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:34:14 AM

You all should also Think why mtgox started asking about "stolen" BTC only after month before they was sent?

Mtgox doesn't know everything.

Baron (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:35:22 AM

Mtgox doesn't know everything.

I agree, but it's very strange for me.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:36:15 AM

I looked at the inputs to the transactions supposedly "from scammer":

2011-01-07 02:49:29 - 3134.8 BTC (in) ---> From scammer
2011-01-08 10:27:16 - 3174.6 BTC (in) ---> From scammer
2011-01-09 10:47:30 - 3096.9 BTC (in) ---> From scammer

One of them was a transaction from me, depositing BTC into Mt. Gox.  So one if not all of these transactions came directly from Mt. Gox.  Of course there could still be a "man on IRC" using Mt. Gox as an online wallet.
That is very interesting information, thank you. So basically, it seems like the scammer use mt. gox as wallet then. That makes it more difficult to investigate this futher.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:36:34 AM

I agree, but it's very strange for me.

Who knows. MtGox's complete silence is not helping the situation either.

twobitcoins

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:39:10 AM

That is very interesting information, thank you. So basically, it seems like the scammer use mt. gox as wallet then. That makes it more difficult to investigate this futher.

Or it could be a case of a scammer who hacked into a Mt. Gox account.  (Remember the dictionary attacks recently?)  Mt. Gox may have a good reason to know the BTC are stolen in that case.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: