Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:08:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What month do you believe the Monarch will be delivered on (First Pres-orders)? and what do you think about the Delay?
December ?? 2013
January ?? 2014 (Happy NO Monarch Day!)
February ?? 2014
Marnarch 17, 2014
April FOOOOOLs,  YOU FOOOls, 2014 hahahahahahhha
Cinco de Mayo, 2014 ~ Josh is living La vida Loca with Ricky Martin
June ?? 2014
July 04, 2014 ~ set Ur BFL rigs on fire DAY!
August ?? 2014
September 1, 2014 ~ : Labor NO more with BFL
October ?? 2014
November 27, 2014 ~ Turkey/Josh's day
December 25, 2014 ~ "SantaJosh brought me coal's again this year"
What!!! 2015 (Have a Happy Happy New Year From BFL/Josh)
Two MORE Weeks! I promise...LOVE Josh/Inabobo
"Jejeje I love all these newbee's suckers... I mean customers" Love Josh/Inaba/BFL
ONLY GOD KNOWs... "Josh oh Josh... this is GOD speaking... Its TIME to give-up the GOOOOOOOOOOOODs or... Im coming for YOU!"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} WHAT THE!! ButterflyLads WONT deliver the Monarch Till...ONLY GOD KNOWs?:(  (Read 47930 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:54:39 PM

Hey BFL  "Thanks for the FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE water coolant"  Cheesy Grin.... NOT!!!!!  Sad

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:14:55 AM

Heres a look at you Monarch LOL

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:56:55 PM

Our boy Josh just tweeted saying "Chips have arrived at the packaging facility!"

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:00:42 AM

So another what? 3 weeks or more to get chips that you can test? Hello February.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:31:11 PM

YOU have to remember... "MINERS" we also have POWER and Control over ASIC companies! STOP Crying and STOP BUYING from these companies!!!

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:21:02 PM

How is KNC able to set a date for delivery and meet that date and BFL has never been able to be on time?
How? Perhaps E.U. companies have to deal with pesky consumer rights protection and other statist regulations.

Enjoy your "free market" over there in the U.S.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:05:09 AM

How is KNC able to set a date for delivery and meet that date and BFL has never been able to be on time?
How? Perhaps E.U. companies have to deal with pesky consumer rights protection and other statist regulations.

Enjoy your "free market" over there in the U.S.

Please preface your KnC posts with accurate information.

BFL delivered 8-10 months later than Expected.

KnC delivered 30 days later than Expected.

KnC was LESS LATE than BFL compared to buyer expectations.

Neither ROI'd in Bitcoins, Neither ROI'd in USD compared to purchasing bitcoins based on day one orders.

KnC is not god/allah/santa clause.

BFL is not satan/satan/coal.

SirWizz

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:16:23 AM

Please preface your KnC posts with accurate information.

BFL delivered 8-10 months later than Expected.

KnC delivered 30 days later than Expected.

KnC was LESS LATE than BFL compared to buyer expectations.

Neither ROI'd in Bitcoins, Neither ROI'd in USD compared to purchasing bitcoins based on day one orders.

KnC is not god/allah/santa clause.

BFL is not satan/satan/coal.

Talking about accuracy, eh? KNC delivered my Jupiter on Oct 8 for me, Day 1 customer, not 30 days late, about a week late (maybe more for others? I don't know but 30 days is not correct). And yes, KNC pretty much IS Santa Clause as far as I am concerned, the only company that not only delivered fairly close to what they promised but they over-delivered and most importantly only sold to end users and not to some big entity that bought hundreds of TH. So they have been the fairest in the land and (almost) always helpful.

And yes when you compare that with BFL... BFL pretty much looks like Satan I am afraid.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:22:14 AM

Interesting.

I'll buy an ASIC with BTC that I hold vs buying if an ASIC company in the US makes a guaranteed delivery date and holds funds in escrow.

I am willing to bet any company providing hardware with even a very slight chance of 90 day ROI at 30% diff jumps would get flooded with orders if they agreed to those terms.

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:07:09 AM

The Monarch chips have left the German foundry and are in transit to the packaging plant which took about a week to package the 65nm BFL chips(unless they are using a different plant), so I would imagine they will receive the packaged chips at the BFL factory before the end of the month to start testing/production.
JakeGold

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:16:50 AM

[...] they will receive the packaged chips at the BFL factory before the end of the month to start testing/production.

THAT'S ONLY TWO WEEKSTM AWAY!!!
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:19:09 AM

Interesting.

I'll buy an ASIC with BTC that I hold vs buying if an ASIC company in the US makes a guaranteed delivery date and holds funds in escrow.

I am willing to bet any company providing hardware with even a very slight chance of 90 day ROI at 30% diff jumps would get flooded with orders if they agreed to those terms.

Done that.

And we returned the BTC immediately when our production timeline died because Avalon didn't provide the chips on time of course we were not KnC or BFL but we did so that with our USB miners that we planned.

----------

What you are asking from ASIC fabricators is not 'hard' to do with respect to creating the miner and having it in stock ROI is something that is really dependant on the ASIC chip price and that is what we should expect as consumers. There could be countless opportunities given the right hardware and chips to provide miners to people that have that slight chance.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:21:33 AM

[...] they will receive the packaged chips at the BFL factory before the end of the month to start testing/production.

THAT'S ONLY TWO WEEKSTM AWAY!!!

So what? They still have yet to test the PCB or the chips or the cooling system. Ya packaged chips at BFL factory end of the month? Where have we heard that before?

At some point you have to admit they baldface lied about their production timeline AGAIN. When was this product supposed to ship originally when they first offered it?

Do you really think they are going to have a working miner being produced in February? Come on.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:13:02 AM

More lies from your boy Inaba;

The Monarch roll out rolls forward

The silicon wafers are at the packaging planet as of the 13th of January. Our packaging plant is a multi-purpose plant and will be slicing the wafers into chips as well as packaging them. Traditionally, we've had to send chips to a slicing facility, then to the packaging facility, which incurs time delays. Our packaging facility eliminates that delay. They are also the same packaging facility we have been using for our second iteration 65nm chips and it has worked out very well, so we are familiar with them and they are familiar with us and know what requirements we have for our chips. This should make for fairly smooth sailing as far as packaging goes.

We currently expect our first test silicon chips to take approximately 1 week, give or take a few days, for processing and packaging. As with any cutting edge technology, unexpected problems can delay the process, but it's been fairly routine up to this point, so we are not anticipating any problems. After the packaging process is finished, the chips will be sent to our testing and binning facility in California to bring up the chip for the first time. Since this chip is based off of our 65nm design, the testing/bring up phase should be dramatically reduced from the 65nm chip bring up time, as all the IOs and behaviors are already known quantities. As with the packaging, unexpected problems can cause delays in this area, but we are hoping the bring up/testing process will take approximately one week, give or take a few days.

Once the chip testing is complete and verified, the remaining chips are sent to our Chicago facility for mounting on Monarch boards. At this stage, we will receive the first live Monarch board in our shop in KC a day or two later and we will begin the process of finalizing the firmware and testing out all facets of the board. We have had several prototype boards in for various types of testing, most notably a prototype design with resistors in place of the chips to test electrical connections on the board itself between the various components as well as to test heat load for the cooling system. As the majority of the testing of the board has already been done, unless there's a specific chip/board interface problem (which is unlikely), the board firmware testing and full scale testing should be fairly quick.

At that point, we will begin assembling the delivery units and start shipping the Monarch shortly after that. Right now, we hope to start shipping the first Monarchs out the door at the very earliest at the very end of January or beginning of February, if there are any problems encountered, it may delay the roll out, but right now everything is going fine and we've encountered no unexpected issues. I will post another update as soon as I have additional information to share.

Bicknellski

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:21:39 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 07:55:52 AM by Bicknellski

Once the chip testing is complete and verified, the remaining chips are sent to our Chicago facility for mounting on Monarch boards.

Heehehe.

At this stage, we will receive the first live Monarch board in our shop in KC a day or two later and we will begin the process of finalizing the firmware and testing out all facets of the board.

Hooohooohahha.

Amazing. What will that take?

2 more months? They have to package the chips and test them still. Holy crap.

At that point, we will begin assembling the delivery units and start shipping the Monarch shortly after that. Right now, we hope to start shipping the first Monarchs out the door at the very earliest at the very end of January or beginning of February,

This guy is lying. Straight up. Let us give them an error free run and do the numbers. They don't even have a packaged chip yet and he is saying they will have working units at the end of January or early February. Haven't we seen this exact text word for word somewhere before?

--------------

I just noticed they're now offering a "little" version of the Monarch:

https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

Did anyone add up the weeks?

OCTOBER 16th SNAPSHOT

https://web.archive.org/web/20131016052212/https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

Here's a breakdown of the timeline.

Foundry production takes 10 weeks
Bumping, Slicing & BGA packaging takes approximately 2 weeks
Initial shipments begin and ramp up to full capacity over the following 3 weeks
Since this is our 2nd generation ASIC chip, we're free from the pitfalls sometimes associated with a first generation design. Testing systems, Bumping masks, Substrates & under fill engineering are all carryovers from our last version of the chip, so they're ready for high volume production once the wafers are ready. The importance of this can't be overstated when considering schedule certainty.  Nevertheless, please do not purchase this product if you are unwilling to wait for the product to complete its development.  

+ 10 weeks foundry complete? No not quite. Chip packaging and testing so... 3 to 5 weeks?
+ 3 - 5 weeks to fabricate and get a reasonable number shipped.?

So let us add that up:

Let us give them an 8 week window, not 6 but not 10, that is two more months of Winter.

January, February, Mid March... if they are lucky and they won't be. There will be HUGE issues with cooling and those water blocks won't cut it.

So... 300 GH/s at $2800 delivered in Mid March or most likely a lot later for anyone ordering today at the cheaper price?

That is over $9 gh/s for the card not including psu, casing, hosting and our favorite EXPEDITED shipping, in Mid March if you were first to order or "upgraded".

Magic Eightball at the Genesisblock says http://thegenesisblock.com/mining/a/9cfe6df245

LOSSES.

For example, in order to deploy 18 TeraHash into a single data center cabinet, you would need 30 Monarch cards.  Each 3 fit nicely into a standard 4U rackmount enclosure with a basic motherboard & ATX power supply unit.  10 of these will fill an entire cabinet with no wasted space.  It will also consume exactly the standard power and cooling capacity provided for a cabinet at most data centers.

Ooops forgot all the extras... More losses.

motd2k

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:47:27 AM

+ No tapeout yet... so they have not started the clock yet so give them a few weeks = about 3 to 4 not 2 as we know BFL few weeks means.
+ 10 weeks foundry
+ 2 weeks to bump
+ 3 weeks to to get any out the door in reasonable numbers.

So let us add that up:

4 weeks + 10 weeks + 2 weeks + 3 weeks = 19 weeks

Nearly 5 months.

December, January, February, March and April.

So... 300 GH/s at $2800 delivered in April or most likely a lot later for anyone ordering today?

I'm not saying you're wrong about April, but wtf are you talking about with those figures.  The wafers are back from the foundry so assuming they're not problematic we're at the "+2 weeks + 3 weeks" stage....
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:55:21 AM

+ No tapeout yet... so they have not started the clock yet so give them a few weeks = about 3 to 4 not 2 as we know BFL few weeks means.
+ 10 weeks foundry
+ 2 weeks to bump

So let us add that up:

Nearly 5 months.

So... 300 GH/s at $2800 delivered in April or most likely a lot later for anyone ordering today?

I'm not saying you're wrong about April, but wtf are you talking about with those figures.  The wafers are back from the foundry so assuming they're not problematic we're at the "+2 weeks + 3 weeks" stage....

Cheesy You don't know BFL do you  Roll Eyes

Just wait for Josh's infamous "2 week™" campaign promises  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:57:04 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 08:11:47 AM by Bicknellski

+ 10 weeks foundry
+ 2 weeks to bump

So let us add that up:

Nearly 5 months.

I'm not saying you're wrong about April, but wtf are you talking about with those figures.  The wafers are back from the foundry so assuming they're not problematic we're at the "+2 weeks + 3 weeks" stage....

Take from their own website in OCT 2013.  

https://web.archive.org/web/20131016052212/https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html

Here's a breakdown of the timeline.

We're now in at the final stage of development (Tapeout) and are sending wafers into production at the foundry in the next few weeks
Foundry production takes 10 weeks
Bumping, Slicing & BGA packaging takes approximately 2 weeks
Initial shipments begin and ramp up to full capacity over the following 3 weeks
Since this is our 2nd generation ASIC chip, we're free from the pitfalls sometimes associated with a first generation design. Testing systems, Bumping masks, Substrates & under fill engineering are all carryovers from our last version of the chip, so they're ready for high volume production once the wafers are ready. The importance of this can't be overstated when considering schedule certainty.  Nevertheless, please do not purchase this product if you are unwilling to wait for the product to complete its development.  

Also you might want to wait for me to EDIT my post before you are eagearly jumping on what I wrote back in November. Hate to use preview my bad.

BFL quickly edited this out as well after I pointed it out here in the forums.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131204121253/https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html/ Dec 4 2013
https://web.archive.org/web/20131206031030/https://products.butterflylabs.com/homepage-new-products/300-gh-bitcoin-mining-card.html/ Dec 6 2013

You might want to start getting your lawyer ready cause there are no BFL refunds ever.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:19:29 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2016, 04:29:05 PM by Starlightbreaker

+ 10 weeks foundry
+ 2 weeks to bump

So let us add that up:

Nearly 5 months.

I'm not saying you're wrong about April, but wtf are you talking about with those figures.  The wafers are back from the foundry so assuming they're not problematic we're at the "+2 weeks + 3 weeks" stage....

ooo we spotted another idiot in the wild.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:21:45 AM

Seriously hope those who have bought, will start mining come 1st May at least.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: