Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What month do you believe the Monarch will be delivered on (First Pres-orders)? and what do you think about the Delay?
December ?? 2013
January ?? 2014 (Happy NO Monarch Day!)
February ?? 2014
Marnarch 17, 2014
April FOOOOOLs,  YOU FOOOls, 2014 hahahahahahhha
Cinco de Mayo, 2014 ~ Josh is living La vida Loca with Ricky Martin
June ?? 2014
July 04, 2014 ~ set Ur BFL rigs on fire DAY!
August ?? 2014
September 1, 2014 ~ : Labor NO more with BFL
October ?? 2014
November 27, 2014 ~ Turkey/Josh's day
December 25, 2014 ~ "SantaJosh brought me coal's again this year"
What!!! 2015 (Have a Happy Happy New Year From BFL/Josh)
Two MORE Weeks! I promise...LOVE Josh/Inabobo
"Jejeje I love all these newbee's suckers... I mean customers" Love Josh/Inaba/BFL
ONLY GOD KNOWs... "Josh oh Josh... this is GOD speaking... Its TIME to give-up the GOOOOOOOOOOOODs or... Im coming for YOU!"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} WHAT THE!! ButterflyLads WONT deliver the Monarch Till...ONLY GOD KNOWs?:(  (Read 47940 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:49:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoInk View Post
"It's more probable that this is being doing as a result of the pressure from the class actions than anything more altruistic. By allowing the initial pre-orderers a way out via refund BFL would be removing the basis of the class action arguments."

Quote Originally posted by Inabobo/josh
"That would be credible if there was a class action lawsuit, but since there is not... you are once again spreading false information and it's getting pretty tiring, gotta say. I'm also pretty tired of you and other ascribing ulterior motives to everything that is done. We are a business and we are doing what we can to remain viable as well as provide the best service we can to our customers. I'm sorry you feel slighted, but the fact is that we are doing the best we can with what we have. There are no evil motives or backroom deals. There are no money grabs or people running off with funds/equipment. I have always tried to do right by the miners with the tools and abilities that we have at our disposal and I've always had people like you to come and crap all over what we try to do and it really ticks me off.

Unlike most of the other mining companies, we've been around and continue to be around. We haven't gone out of business, stolen funds, not delivered equipment (even if we were late). We've gone through how many companies now that said we didn't know how to do the job and we were idiots and didn't know what we were doing and that they'd show us how it's done... and every single one of them - every one - Has run into the same problems. Not a single mining company has released a chip that was at the original specs. Many/most of them have shipped late. Several of those companies are out of business or going out of business as we speak, their customers left with nothing. Yet here we are, still here and still trying to do right by the customers and we catch all the crap.

I am sorry that we are late, I really am. We aim to ship quality products, not pieces of crap that don't work or fall apart. Trolling aside, our 65nm hardware was rock solid, easily far and away the most robust, best designed hardware in the industry. The FPGA singles were rock solid as well, and the minirigs blew everything else out of the water. I know, we were late, yes, I know that. Yes it pains me a great deal and yes we are working on that. We never expected the volumes we had on equipment and it really screwed up the shipping on our previous generation. We didn't expect the problems we are having now with the 28nm stuff - first the metal layer of the chips, now the power issue on the boards, but we're still here and we've pretty much got everything resolved and we will be shipping (or refunding to those that want it). We aren't going out of business or disappearing in the middle of the night like most of the other ASIC companies. We are public about our identities and locations, and we invite people to stop by our facilities and take a look if they want. We are the most open ASIC company out there and we get all the flak and it gets tiring.

Go buy from Hashfast or Cointerra if we are such a crappy company, see how well that works out for you."

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:30:08 AM

BFL stated they were taping out chips in August 2013 and were ready to ship finished products in November 2013.  They are at least 9 months late on their promises.  I really hope BFL is ready to ship cards in volume when they ship (August?  Maybe September?) and won't repeat their trickle production of 2013 where a few products were shipped per day.  In that scenario some Monarch customers would be receiving their product sometime in 2015 (going on BFL's past performance).
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:11:18 AM

BFL stated they were taping out chips in August 2013 and were ready to ship finished products in November 2013.  They are at least 9 months late on their promises.  I really hope BFL is ready to ship cards in volume when they ship (August?  Maybe September?) and won't repeat their trickle production of 2013 where a few products were shipped per day.  In that scenario some Monarch customers would be receiving their product sometime in 2015 (going on BFL's past performance).

I think it's time people got together. This is a US based company correct? They should not be getting away with this kind of crap.

It's a flat out BS scenario for anyone who has spent their money with these scumbags.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:19:15 AM

I think it's time people got together. This is a US based company correct? They should not be getting away with this kind of crap.

It's a flat out BS scenario for anyone who has spent their money with these scumbags.

Dude,Sonny paid off the law,only thing that makes sense  Roll Eyes  Yes,you can buy your way out of ANYTHING in Merica!!!! Its like Mexico,but you need millions here instead of a few thousand dollars there Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:21:41 AM

I think I voted April, 6 months late. Boy was I wrong. BFL really outdid themselves on this round of customerape.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:24:23 AM

I think I voted April, 6 months late. Boy was I wrong. BFL really outdid themselves on this round of customerape.

Me too.............I thought "learned" from their mistakes...........well they did.They learned that they could get away with it!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:40:19 AM

After the 1st ASIC rollout debacle, why did anyone continue to pursue pre-purchases with ANY company? The mad, sheep like mentality of supposedly educated miners just went straight out the window, much like the miners of years gone by whom were themselves struck with gold fever.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:13:29 AM

Re: {BFL} WHAT THE:!( Butterfly Lads won't deliver the Monarch Till JUNE or JULY:(

Looks like "june or july" was again overly optimistic.

Buy & Hold
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:31:01 AM

The end of July is already here. How many of you received your rigs? Grin
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:54:59 AM

I voted for January 2015 - I think I am going to have to accept the fact that I am wrong.... I should have answered January 2016 or bankruptcy - whichever one comes first.
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:05:10 AM

Dude,Sonny paid off the law,only thing that makes sense  Roll Eyes  Yes,you can buy your way out of ANYTHING in Merica!!!! Its like Mexico,but you need millions here instead of a few thousand dollars there Cheesy
There is no denying that.
They have been lucky someone hasn't took matters into their own hands.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:51:14 AM

er just looked at the above thread title

{BFL} WHAT THE:!( Butterfly Lads won't deliver the Monarch Till JUNE or JULY:(

looks figging likley this will have to be changed to

{BFL} WHAT THE:!( Butterfly Lads won't deliver the Monarch Till Sept or Oct:(

(and that is frigging optimistic in my view!)

just saying

also looking at the poll on this thread of 43.4% as being optimistic we would have gotten monarchs before August 2014

(I am one of these 'shudder' optimists....) looks like rabid pessimism is going to prevail... in this threads poll!...dark days indeed!)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:10:46 PM

er just looked at the above thread title

{BFL} WHAT THE:!( Butterfly Lads won't deliver the Monarch Till JUNE or JULY:(

looks figging likley this will have to be changed to

{BFL} WHAT THE:!( Butterfly Lads won't deliver the Monarch Till Sept or Oct:(

(and that is frigging optimistic in my view!)

just saying

also looking at the poll on this thread of 43.4% as being optimistic we would have gotten monarchs before August 2014

(I am one of these 'shudder' optimists....) looks like rabid pessimism is going to prevail... in this threads poll!...dark days indeed!)

Searing

I have a better one for you Smiley Please vote

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
oldcrow

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 09:54:07 PM

Greed warps the psyche, enabling the willingness to get boned repeatedly in order to maintain the vision of dollar signs dancing in the head.  The easiest solution is to only buy in-stock hardware, but even that window has closed.  BTC casual mining has been over for some time now.  The market conditions that enticed the bulk of pre-orders no longer exist, and that hypothetical 50 BTC return per miner is now at best 1 BTC.  Some folks were shrewd enough to cost average into hardware that was actually shipping last winter, and as a result can write off their pre-order mishaps.  As for the rest, opt for a refund if possible.  The game is over.

After the 1st ASIC rollout debacle, why did anyone continue to pursue pre-purchases with ANY company? The mad, sheep like mentality of supposedly educated miners just went straight out the window, much like the miners of years gone by whom were themselves struck with gold fever.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:16:49 PM

Wow, still not shipping eh? Just wow.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:23:24 PM

Give them another year or two.  BFL will deliver.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:31:40 PM

Give them another year or two.  BFL will deliver.

Two weeks™?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:24:44 AM

August is here. No monarchs shipped to customers that pre-ordered for as far as I know. And BFL did not commit to a shipping date yet either.

That means so far 42.6% of the voters are wrong. September will hit the 50% mark.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:39:39 AM

More lies from your boy Inaba;

The Monarch roll out rolls forward

The silicon wafers are at the packaging planet as of the 13th of January. Our packaging plant is a multi-purpose plant and will be slicing the wafers into chips as well as packaging them. Traditionally, we've had to send chips to a slicing facility, then to the packaging facility, which incurs time delays. Our packaging facility eliminates that delay. They are also the same packaging facility we have been using for our second iteration 65nm chips and it has worked out very well, so we are familiar with them and they are familiar with us and know what requirements we have for our chips. This should make for fairly smooth sailing as far as packaging goes.

We currently expect our first test silicon chips to take approximately 1 week, give or take a few days, for processing and packaging. As with any cutting edge technology, unexpected problems can delay the process, but it's been fairly routine up to this point, so we are not anticipating any problems. After the packaging process is finished, the chips will be sent to our testing and binning facility in California to bring up the chip for the first time. Since this chip is based off of our 65nm design, the testing/bring up phase should be dramatically reduced from the 65nm chip bring up time, as all the IOs and behaviors are already known quantities. As with the packaging, unexpected problems can cause delays in this area, but we are hoping the bring up/testing process will take approximately one week, give or take a few days.

Once the chip testing is complete and verified, the remaining chips are sent to our Chicago facility for mounting on Monarch boards. At this stage, we will receive the first live Monarch board in our shop in KC a day or two later and we will begin the process of finalizing the firmware and testing out all facets of the board. We have had several prototype boards in for various types of testing, most notably a prototype design with resistors in place of the chips to test electrical connections on the board itself between the various components as well as to test heat load for the cooling system. As the majority of the testing of the board has already been done, unless there's a specific chip/board interface problem (which is unlikely), the board firmware testing and full scale testing should be fairly quick.

At that point, we will begin assembling the delivery units and start shipping the Monarch shortly after that. Right now, we hope to start shipping the first Monarchs out the door at the very earliest at the very end of January or beginning of February, if there are any problems encountered, it may delay the roll out, but right now everything is going fine and we've encountered no unexpected issues. I will post another update as soon as I have additional information to share.

Month X, 20XX, is the new end-of-January or beginning-of-February, 2014.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:41:31 AM

Another lie from dropt!  Who'dathunkit?

BFL is behind by less than a month, if you can even classify it as being behind, since we never promised a shipping date.  Be that as it may, if history repeats itself, we'll be right on target and timeframe for the Monarch.  Our second generation FPGA was underpromised and overdelivered as far as performance goes... if history repeats itself, the second generation ASIC will be as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: