Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 745 times)
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 04:07:46 PM

I noticed eligius isn't listed as being "ASIC ready".  I was under the impression it was.

It should be - there are ASICs there! I can't find details about the vardiff they use (not that I looked hard) - do you have a link?

Eligius is for sure ASIC ready, supporting GBT, stratum, and vardiff (power of two difficulties, aiming for 32 shares per minute).

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2013, 08:36:45 PM

I noticed eligius isn't listed as being "ASIC ready".  I was under the impression it was.

It should be - there are ASICs there! I can't find details about the vardiff they use (not that I looked hard) - do you have a link?

Eligius is for sure ASIC ready, supporting GBT, stratum, and vardiff (power of two difficulties, aiming for 32 shares per minute).

Thanks, wizkid057.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2013, 03:31:55 AM

Hey ooc
Just announced the end of getwork and merged mining at Ozcoin for Saturday
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14085.msg1645391#msg1645391

Cheers
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 06:29:42 AM

Updated. Please let me know if there's anything wrong or needs changing.

Hey ooc

Cheers
Graet

I have a feeling this is going to happen a lot more as getwork becomes less tenable. Is it something that should be included in the list?

Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 06:54:10 AM

Hey ooc

Cheers
Graet

I have a feeling this is going to happen a lot more as getwork becomes less tenable. Is it something that should be included in the list?
we setup 2 stratum proxies for getwork miners,was a bit of a last minute decision
really stratum is the way forward with tens of Th/s pool speeds and multi Th/s miners coming, but some mining software is not yet stratum compatible so to continue to support FPGA (mainly) we will keep getwork going on v2 blocks for a while Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:51:17 PM

Hey ooc

Cheers
Graet

I'm not sure we need a Getwork Support column, at least not until we reach the point that it's hard to find a pool that still offers getwork.  Hopefully that will be within the next few months Tongue.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
kinlo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Pool operator of Triplemining.com

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:15:37 PM

Please update Tiplemining: we currently support Getwork, GBT and stratum, we configured the stratum server to use vardiff to target 30 shares per minute, we are asics ready Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 12:03:41 AM

Please update Tiplemining: we currently support Getwork, GBT and stratum, we configured the stratum server to use vardiff to target 30 shares per minute, we are asics ready Smiley

Updated - thanks for letting me know.

fixxi.net

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 03:08:37 PM

WARNING  50 Miner from the list may be a virus

see this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162576.0

Not sure, other miners may be too. Is there already a thread on suspected/reported viruses/trojans ?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 01:06:24 PM

WARNING  50 Miner from the list may be a virus

see this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=162576.0

Not sure, other miners may be too. Is there already a thread on suspected/reported viruses/trojans ?

I wouldn't worry if it's from 50BTC.com . cgminer once caused false positives too.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 04:34:10 AM

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 06:08:50 PM

I would ask for a mergemining column too. Because i now found that stratum supports merged mining. And this website http://dustcoin.com/mining implies that merged mining with all the coins that are ready for it will give 7% more earnings, calculated in Bitcoins. Yesterday it was 9%. And a week before only the merged mining income for NMC was 13%. The revenue seems to go down a bit because Bitcoin has such a high value at the moment and the additional revenue is calculated in bitcoins. But still its a big addition when you think that you still earn the same amount of bitcoins plus some additional coins. Its even way more than the transaction fee that is for most blocks way under 1%.

BTCGuild doesnt merge mine yet so i wanted to ask what pools allow merged mining with stratum and all the coins that are available at the moment for merged mining. That should be Namecoin, Devcoin and IxCoin.

Ozcoin doesnt have merge mining with stratum so its not suitable for asics when wanting to merge mine.

I found this list in the thread but im not sure if they allow stratum merge mining with all the coins. I dont know what GBT, DGM and LP are standing for. So what pools allow it?

BitMinter (GBT/Stratum)
    Eclipse (GBT/Stratum)
    Eligius (GBT)
    BTC Guild (PPS LP only)
    OzCoin (DGM LP only)
    MaxBTC (DGM LP only)
    Bitparking (LP only)
    Slush (LP only)
    Ecki.net (LP only)
    BitClockers (LP only)
    p2Pool (LP only)

I mean Merge mining seems to be a nice additional income that even beats the t-fees and even poolfees could be paid with easily to earn more. In case someone only choses a pool for no fees.

I really wonder why merged mining is such a stepchild at the moment. Even if Namecoins arent used much... they are traded and have a value. And thats why most of the miners do mine... for earnings. Besides some idealistic reasons.

Is it possible that a pool silently merge mines without knowing of the miners? I mean merged mining only means to change the data for hashing. So the miners wouldnt notice if a pool owner does this right? I dont want to accuse... i only dont understand why such additional income isnt used...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:25:53 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15929.msg1793958#msg1793958
mtred is closed! sadly Cry
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:59:00 PM

Bitparking (LP only)

bitparking does merge mining on getwork and stratum of namecoin, devcoin, and ixcoin.

I really wonder why merged mining is such a stepchild at the moment. Even if Namecoins arent used much... they are traded and have a value. And thats why most of the miners do mine... for earnings. Besides some idealistic reasons.

Merge mining is a bit of a pain on the pool side. The alt coin daemons are behind a few versions compared to bitcoin, are less stable, and due to the increased overheard in communicating with them it can cause a small increase in bitcoin block orphans. Selling the coins requires going to various small exchanges and dealing with low volume. This is probably a headache a lot of pools don't want to deal with.

Is it possible that a pool silently merge mines without knowing of the miners? I mean merged mining only means to change the data for hashing. So the miners wouldnt notice if a pool owner does this right? I dont want to accuse... i only dont understand why such additional income isnt used...

Miners can look at the coinbase of the pool blocks and see if there is merge mining data in there.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 10:42:53 PM

I would ask for a mergemining column too. Because i now found that stratum supports merged mining. And this website http://dustcoin.com/mining implies that merged mining with all the coins that are ready for it will give 7% more earnings, calculated in Bitcoins. Yesterday it was 9%. And a week before only the merged mining income for NMC was 13%. The revenue seems to go down a bit because Bitcoin has such a high value at the moment and the additional revenue is calculated in bitcoins. But still its a big addition when you think that you still earn the same amount of bitcoins plus some additional coins. Its even way more than the transaction fee that is for most blocks way under 1%.

BTCGuild doesnt merge mine yet so i wanted to ask what pools allow merged mining with stratum and all the coins that are available at the moment for merged mining. That should be Namecoin, Devcoin and IxCoin.

Ozcoin doesnt have merge mining with stratum so its not suitable for asics when wanting to merge mine.

I found this list in the thread but im not sure if they allow stratum merge mining with all the coins. I dont know what GBT, DGM and LP are standing for. So what pools allow it?

[....]

The list you've quoted is not related to merged mining. I don't know of a list that is - there might be one on the wiki, but you may just have to PM all the pool ops (apart from doublec). If anyone has the time and inclination to compile a list of which pools merged mine and which do not, I'll try to squeeze another column in.

os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:50:57 PM

I want a column for pools that DO NOT merge mine so I can use those.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:19:36 AM

Bitparking (LP only)

bitparking does merge mining on getwork and stratum of namecoin, devcoin, and ixcoin.

Merge mining is a bit of a pain on the pool side. The alt coin daemons are behind a few versions compared to bitcoin, are less stable, and due to the increased overheard in communicating with them it can cause a small increase in bitcoin block orphans. Selling the coins requires going to various small exchanges and dealing with low volume. This is probably a headache a lot of pools don't want to deal with.

Miners can look at the coinbase of the pool blocks and see if there is merge mining data in there.
doublec hit the nail on the head, except I would say "Merge mining is a huge pain on the pool side."
Ozcoin has not merge mined NMC since we turned off ecoinpool, despite the cries to retain it when I posted in our thread asking for some incentive for Blaksmith (one of our lead coders) to take the time and effort to make merge mining work with stratum not one person responded....
It may be "extra income for miners" or "something for nothing" but it certainly isn't for pools if the time taken to support merged mining is considered.
cheers
Graet

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:24:33 PM

Bitparking (LP only)

doublec hit the nail on the head, except I would say "Merge mining is a huge pain on the pool side."
Ozcoin has not merge mined NMC since we turned off ecoinpool, despite the cries to retain it when I posted in our thread asking for some incentive for Blaksmith (one of our lead coders) to take the time and effort to make merge mining work with stratum not one person responded....
It may be "extra income for miners" or "something for nothing" but it certainly isn't for pools if the time taken to support merged mining is considered.
cheers
Graet

I realize that merged mining isnt for real big miners. If asicminer would do it the alternate currencies would go worthless probably. But i think if i get my avalon at some time i will merge mine. Simply because of the extra income.
I dont see why no one spent a bit. I mean they earned a not small portion of money extra with it. I would donate. And when i think about it... mining all coins will mean something up to 10% extra worth of bitcoins. With a pool fee of 5% this would mean 0.5% extra for the poolowners. I really wonder if that extra money isnt worth the effort to code it.
But again... one has to find out whats the effect on the currency once such high mining power is leaded to such coins.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 10:55:30 PM

Well, there seem to miners in both pro and anti MM camps that would like to know which pool's are merged mining and which aren't. Is anyone keen to compile a list? I can't imagine it would take too long, but I just don't have time at the moment.

luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:32:28 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2013, 04:33:58 AM by luffy

here it is:  (please correct me if anything is wrong )

Coinotron            No  
      EclipseDGM            Yes
      Maxbtc                    Yes
      OzcoinDGM            getwork only   No

Bitminter               Yes  
      BTCGuildPPLNS     No      
      BTCWarp.com      No
      Ecki.net               Yes
      Hashrack             No
      HHTT Pool           No
      p2Pool                No
      Triplemining          No

50BTC.com          No  
      Bitclockers          Yes
      Bitparking          Namecoin, ixcoin and devcoin
      BTCGuildPPS          getwork only
      BTCMP.com          No  
      DeepbitPPS          No
      EclipsePPS          Yes
      [CLOSED] MTRED
      OzcoinPPS          No

Eligius               No
      Itzod                  No
      OzcoinPOT          getwork only  No 
      Polmine                  No

BitcoinPool          No
      DeepbitProp          No

BTCMine          No
      Slush          getwork only, devided to all miners

ABCPool.co                   No
BTCOxygen.com           No
Project X Mining Club    No
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: