Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:58:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Mining pools list  (Read 752 times)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 08:09:57 AM

What is the txfee column?  If it's what I think it is, then EMC pays the tx fee on outgoing, it's not passed along to the user.

Pays Tx == are Tx rewards from block passed to the miner?

Maybe there's a better way to phrase it.

Yes, the name "tx fee" is a bit confusing, because it can mean both:
- if the pool pays the transaction fee when paying out to the miner the BTC earned (mined) by his workers (else: the fee is substracted from the payout);
- if the pool passes to the miners not only pure reward of the block (50 BTC) but adds the fees from the transactions accumulated in this block (that's what Satoshi wanted to be).
I think the "tx fee" is better for the former, and "tx reward" could be for the latter.
Ozcoin pays the txn fee on payouts to miners (outgoing) I thought all pools do?
Ozcoin pays the transaction fees included with Block rewards to miners which gives miners extra income - I think this is the one that needs to be listed Smiley

The transaction fees included with Block rewards is what the column represents. I'll change it to "Inc. block Tx fees" or some such in the weekly update.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:23:54 PM

Not all pools send the transactions for free.  I think most do now a days though, probably not a useful column to add.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 07:05:47 AM

Updated for the week. I haven't had time to find out which pools have >1 difficulty, but I'll get around to adding it soon. The l=block mining Tx reward column has been changed.

I might have missed something, let me know if you had a request for a correction of an addition which I haven't addressed.

doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 07:18:37 AM

I might have missed something, let me know if you had a request for a correction of an addition which I haven't addressed.
Bitparking is "Yes" to "Pay Orphans".
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 07:26:03 AM

Bitparking is "Yes" to "Pay Orphans".

Argh! I must have done something to the script when I edited it today - I'm guessing everyone else's is wrong too. I'll get it fixed in the next hour or so.

Sorry doublec, sorry folks at home.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 08:04:18 AM

Should be all fixed now, as well as fixing the missing Bitclockers and a few urls that were wrong.

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:04:08 PM

SMPPS(polmine), ASMPPS(eligius) and RSMPPS(itzod) are the systems with completely different behaviour. I think that usage of "*MPPS" acronym isn't quite right in this case. Roll Eyes
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 09:36:20 PM

SMPPS(polmine), ASMPPS(eligius) and RSMPPS(itzod) are the systems with completely different behaviour. I think that usage of "*MPPS" acronym isn't quite right in this case. Roll Eyes

What do you suggest?

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:21:11 PM

Additional column with reward system info, for example. For GDM, PPLNS and score pools it can be used too.

• GDM can run with the different (f, c, o);
  • Score-based can run with the different functions;
  • PPLNS can run with various N value.
Roll Eyes
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 12:04:47 AM

Additional column with reward system info, for example. For GDM, PPLNS and score pools it can be used too.

Roll Eyes

What would you use for the *MPPS variants though?

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 01:50:34 AM

Roll Eyes

N/A? Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 02:06:46 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 09:25:26 AM by organofcorti

Roll Eyes

N/A? Smiley

Balthazar wanted me to add the column specifically for *MPPS variants -  he addressed what he recommended for GDM, SCORE and PPLNS, but what about for *MPPS? I don't want these options to get confusing or start adding columns that will confuse most miners.

Balthazar
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 08:29:24 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 08:40:59 AM by Balthazar

*MPPS variant name.  Smiley

Balthazar wanted me to add the column specifically for *MPPS variants -  he addressed what he recommended for GDM, SCAORE and PPLNS, but what about for *MPPS?
*MPPS variants were used, just as an example. I mean that implementations of GDM/PPLNS/etc can be various too, so I suggest addition of column with extended info for systems from this list (*MPPS, GDM, Score, PPLNS). Because this info can be helpful. Roll Eyes
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 09:30:06 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2012, 01:04:22 AM by organofcorti

*MPPS variants were used, just as an example. I mean that implementations of GDM/PPLNS/etc can be various too, so I suggest addition of column with extended info for systems from this list (*MPPS, GDM, Score, PPLNS). Because this info can be helpful. Roll Eyes

Ok, gotcha.

I understand this info can be helpful, but I'd like to see a few miners back this first - I don't want to go to the trouble of adding a column and collating the variables only to have miners complain it's confusing.

If I don't get a lot of miners saying they want this data in it's own column, what I might do is add an "extra info" column and put this sort of data there.

Also, if you'd like to write a really simple explanation of how RSMPPS, ASMPPS and SMPPS vary from each other I'll be happy to add it to the OP.

theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 01:02:16 AM

As a small miner, the small differences between systems that are based upon the same base don't matter that much to me. Give me the basics, and then have an "extra info" area if it's really an issue. If I'm interested in a pool, I'll research and find out what their payment system really is, otherwise I say to keep that information out of the table. It worked really well for me as a broad generalization of the pools' varying points, so lets keep it that way.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 08:59:48 AM

Weekly update done. No new additions just yet.

Tittiez

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 03:38:30 AM

BTCWarp is Score now.

The PPS and *MPPS pools need a Pays for Stales column.

Ozcoin is 4% PPS.

Good work, nice having it all organized like this.
Tittiez

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 04:33:57 AM

You inspired me...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Hows it look? I used seperate tables for the payouts like you did in the OP. The wiki page needed a revamp BAD anyway. Smiley
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2012, 01:57:37 PM

Hashrates updated.

BTCWarp is Score now.

The PPS and *MPPS pools need a Pays for Stales column.

Ozcoin is 4% PPS.

Good work, nice having it all organized like this.

Thanks Tittiez - you sure they're using slush's score? I'm having trouble following what's written on the website using Google translate:

Payment system is based on proportional representation with coefficient P2LS.
PPS is currently inactive and it is necessary to switch the miners PROP system.

It sounds like slush's score (which is a proportional payment system) but I'm not certain - do you have any details?

Thanks for the other suggestions. I did have a "Pays for stales" but it seemed to cause confusion so I took it out. I'll fix Ozcoin's fee rate - thanks for the reminder.

You inspired me...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Hows it look? I used seperate tables for the payouts like you did in the OP. The wiki page needed a revamp BAD anyway. Smiley

This is great! A wiki of pool features is a much better idea than trying to lump them all into the OP, since anyone can edit changes as they occur. Hope you don't mind if I add a link in the OP.

Tittiez

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 02:27:00 PM

This is great! A wiki of pool features is a much better idea than trying to lump them all into the OP, since anyone can edit changes as they occur. Hope you don't mind if I add a link in the OP.

Its been there forever, I cleaned it up and made it how your OP looked, split by reward types, but luke reverted it all and said discuss big revisions first.

Oh well. I'll start a discussion about it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: