Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636405 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:01:18 PM

Flashback: ABC News Envisioned Apocalyptic 2015 Triggered By Climate Change [VIDEO]

ABC News ran a news special in 2009 called Earth 2100, a program warning its viewers about the dangers of climate change.

ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff says the show “puts participants in the future and asks them to report back about what it is like to live in this future world. The first stop is the year 2015.”

A Harvard University professor says, “We’re going to see more floods, more droughts, more wildfires.”

Other voices can be heard saying that “Flames cover hundreds of square mile” and “We expect more intense hurricanes.” Another voice says, “Well, how warm is it going to get? How much will sea level rise? We don’t know really know where the end is.”

Describing dangerous temperature levels and dropping agricultural production, the news package brings in The Weather Channel’s Heidi Cullen, who says, “There’s about one billion people who are malnourished. That number just continually grows.”

The doomsday predictions for 2015 go further and include $12.00 for a gallon of milk and $9.00 a gallon for gasoline, if there is any gas at all that is left.

Newsbusters notes that then ABC anchor Chris Cuomo, who teased the special at the time, said to Woodruff of the predictions, “I think we’re familiar with some of these issues, but, boy, 2015? That’s seven years from now. Could it really be that bad?”

Woodruff replies, “It’s very soon, you know. But all you have to do is look at the world today right today. You know, you’ve got gas prices going up. You got food prices going up. You’ve got extreme weather. The scientists have studied this for decades. They say if you connect the dots, you can actually see that we’re approaching maybe even a perfect storm. Or you have got shrinking resources, population growth. Climate change. So, the idea now is to look at it, wake up about it and then try to do something to fix it.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/29/flashback-abc-news-envisioned-apocalyptic-world-triggered-by-climate-change-video/#ixzz3kGG02y3L

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 02:01:36 AM

Flashback: ABC News Envisioned Apocalyptic 2015 Triggered By Climate Change [VIDEO]

ABC News ran a news special in 2009 called Earth 2100, a program warning its viewers about the dangers of climate change.

ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff says the show “puts participants in the future and asks them to report back about what it is like to live in this future world. The first stop is the year 2015.”

A Harvard University professor says, “We’re going to see more floods, more droughts, more wildfires.”

Other voices can be heard saying that “Flames cover hundreds of square mile” and “We expect more intense hurricanes.” Another voice says, “Well, how warm is it going to get? How much will sea level rise? We don’t know really know where the end is.”

Describing dangerous temperature levels and dropping agricultural production, the news package brings in The Weather Channel’s Heidi Cullen, who says, “There’s about one billion people who are malnourished. That number just continually grows.”

The doomsday predictions for 2015 go further and include $12.00 for a gallon of milk and $9.00 a gallon for gasoline, if there is any gas at all that is left.

Newsbusters notes that then ABC anchor Chris Cuomo, who teased the special at the time, said to Woodruff of the predictions, “I think we’re familiar with some of these issues, but, boy, 2015? That’s seven years from now. Could it really be that bad?”

Woodruff replies, “It’s very soon, you know. But all you have to do is look at the world today right today. You know, you’ve got gas prices going up. You got food prices going up. You’ve got extreme weather. The scientists have studied this for decades. They say if you connect the dots, you can actually see that we’re approaching maybe even a perfect storm. Or you have got shrinking resources, population growth. Climate change. So, the idea now is to look at it, wake up about it and then try to do something to fix it.”

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/29/flashback-abc-news-envisioned-apocalyptic-world-triggered-by-climate-change-video/#ixzz3kGG02y3L

It's the Al Gore "Sliding Timetable of Doom."

It's been sliding a decade at a time since the 1980s.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:55:55 PM

http://www.weaselzippers.us/233150-obama-monday-melting-glaciers-caused-by-global-warming-losing-75-billion-tons-of-ice-each-year-obama-tuesday-we-need-new-heavy-duty-icebreaking-ships-for-arctic/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:10:20 PM

I know all the humans are going to die. My hope is that some bacteria live. We are all just expressions of DNA, so who cares if humans survive? There is only one living creature on Earth and if part of it lives then it will bounce back in just a few million years.
It's all good.  Wink
The climate changed this morning.  I saw it myself, don't need no scientists.  I know it's our fault and I should pay carbon taxes, but it may be too late.

This really bright hot round thing started to rise up from the horizon.  At the same time the land started getting hotter.  And I calculate that it's really going to get really hot.  Then there will be heat waves and droughts and hurricanes and storms and flooding and ice and no ice and scary bad stuff like drowned puppies.

“Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!”

Obama Prophesies Climate Nightmare: Famine, Floods, Fire, Fumes and Fighting

President Obama – who graduated Columbia University with a degree in political science – became an environmental and ecological expert Monday night in time to decry America’s contributions to global warming and the alleged melting of Arctic ice caps at this year’s GLACIER Conference, predicting a dire future for humanity.

During the GLACIER event, which stands for Global Leadership in the Arctic: Cooperation, Innovation, Engagement and Resilience, Obama blamed the recent rash of wildfires sweeping parts of Washington State on global warming, insisting that “climate is changing faster than our efforts to address it.”

Overall, the speech painted a fairly doom-and-gloom outlook for America and the rest of the world. So if you’re a Doomsday Prepper, here are a few excerpts from the president's speech explaining the climate-related disasters heading to a town near you:

Your house might slide off into the ocean…

Reduced sea levels leaves villages unprotected from floods and storm surges. Some are in imminent danger; some will have to relocate entirely.

…or it might be engulfed in flames.

Alaska’s fire season is now more than a month longer than it was in 1950. At one point this summer, more than 300 wildfires were burning at once. Southeast of here, in our Pacific Northwest, even the rainforest is on fire…this is a threat to many communities.

And if it doesn’t, it will definitely get sucked into a sinkhole.

Thawing permafrost destabilizes the earth on which 100,000 Alaskans live, threatening homes, damaging transportation and energy infrastructure, which could cost billions of dollars to fix.

Your city will either look like Atlantis or something out of the zombie apocalypse.

...we will condemn our children to a planet beyond their capacity to repair:  Submerged countries.  Abandoned cities.

You might run out of fresh salmon en croûte.

Warmer, more acidic oceans and rivers, and the migration of entire species, threatens the livelihoods of indigenous peoples, and local economies dependent on fishing and tourism.

Or just food, in general.

Climate change is already disrupting our agriculture and ecosystems.

You may simultaneously die of thirst and drown, all at the same time.

Entire nations will find themselves under severe, severe problems. More drought; more floods; rising sea level…

You might have to begin training for the Hunger Games.

…more refugees; more scarcity; more conflict.

And if the famine, flood, fire and fighting doesn’t get you, the fumes definitely will.

Consider, as well, that many of the fires burning today are actually burning through the permafrost in the Arctic.  So this permafrost stores massive amounts of carbon.  When the permafrost is no longer permanent, when it thaws or burns, these gases are released into our atmosphere over time, and that could mean that the Arctic may become a new source of emissions that further accelerates global warming.

After all, we’re running out of time.

On this issue, of all issues, there is such a thing as being too late. That moment is almost upon us.

Perhaps the president got some of his research from the crew of the Canadian CCGS Amundsen during their four-month global warming expedition -- you know, before they had to bail on their mission due to ships getting stuck in ice.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/obama-prophesies-climate-nightmare-famine-floods-fire-fumes-and-fighting

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:11:42 AM

Global Warmers Say Ice Melting Might Kill Us Because It Might Contain Ancient Deadly Viruses

Let’s get one thing out of the way really quickly: The ancient, giant virus recently discovered in melting Arctic ice is not going to kill you.

But here’s the bad news: It’s not the first ancient virus that scientists have found frozen — it’s the fourth found since 2003. And you can be sure it won’t be the last. And with climate change causing massive melts, it’s not totally alarmist to suggest that something deadly might one day emerge from a long, icy sleep.

As if climate change didn’t already suck enough, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/09/09/an-ancient-giant-virus-was-just-uncovered-in-melting-ice-and-it-wont-be-the-last/?tid=themost_item_3

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:38:12 PM

Global Warmers Say Ice Melting Might Kill Us Because It Might Contain Ancient Deadly Viruses

Let’s get one thing out of the way really quickly: The ancient, giant virus recently discovered in melting Arctic ice is not going to kill you.

But here’s the bad news: It’s not the first ancient virus that scientists have found frozen — it’s the fourth found since 2003. And you can be sure it won’t be the last. And with climate change causing massive melts, it’s not totally alarmist to suggest that something deadly might one day emerge from a long, icy sleep.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2015/09/09/an-ancient-giant-virus-was-just-uncovered-in-melting-ice-and-it-wont-be-the-last/?tid=themost_item_3

oh yea, dat one.. it hit all the news and radio shows around here coupla days ago..

such sync makes you wonder.. Roll Eyes
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:05:18 PM

oh yea, dat one.. it hit all the news and radio shows around here coupla days ago..

... If it is a coordinated scam? Wondering...

Cool

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:17:41 PM

Starburst Media Campaign methodology.

You can trace each layer timewise back to the source.    Routine propaganda dissemination methods.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:44:12 PM

How Climate Change Deniers Sound to Normal People

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iBLlksqztg

----------------------------------------
"Normal" people only speak californian...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:18:36 PM

EPA Chief McCarthy blames Boston’s ‘worst winter ever’ on global warming – Suggests EPA regs will prevent future massive snowfalls

ADMINISTRATOR MCCARTHY: “So one of the new strategic priorities is climate change mitigation and adaptation, and it’s a good thing. It’s a long time coming, and we are very excited about it. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but I’m most importantly excited about it because this city just a short time ago was buried in snow for far too long. It was like the worst winter ever. So, you have to help me. We have to get busy on climate change because if it gets any worse our cars will be buried for months on end, and our subway system will never work, and I’ll have to hang out with my adult children far too often and for far too long in confined spaces. So, there is a reason we need to move forward.”

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/09/09/epa-chief-mccarthy-blames-bostons-worst-winter-ever-on-global-warming/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 01:53:32 PM

EPA Chief McCarthy blames Boston’s ‘worst winter ever’ on global warming – Suggests EPA regs will prevent future massive snowfalls

ADMINISTRATOR MCCARTHY: “So one of the new strategic priorities is climate change mitigation and adaptation, and it’s a good thing. It’s a long time coming, and we are very excited about it. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but I’m most importantly excited about it because this city just a short time ago was buried in snow for far too long. It was like the worst winter ever. So, you have to help me. We have to get busy on climate change because if it gets any worse our cars will be buried for months on end, and our subway system will never work, and I’ll have to hang out with my adult children far too often and for far too long in confined spaces. So, there is a reason we need to move forward.”

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/09/09/epa-chief-mccarthy-blames-bostons-worst-winter-ever-on-global-warming/

I think it would be totally cool for propagandists such as McCarthy to enlist Hollywood in showing the Glory of the Government's Efforts to Stop Global Warming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4H5tjx2Zpg
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:19:48 PM

I think it would be totally cool for propagandists such as McCarthy to enlist Hollywood in showing the Glory of the Government's Efforts to Stop Global Warming.

Those movies are proof the Jooooos are responsible for GlobalWarmingClimateChange for at least 4000 years...

Wink

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:55:20 PM

Those movies are proof the Jooooos are responsible for GlobalWarmingClimateChange for at least 4000 years...

Wink

Hey.  They moved the oceans then, they are moving the oceans now.  Irrefutable.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:46:54 PM

MORE BAD NEWS FOR CLIMATE ALARMISTS: ANOTHER STUDY CONFIRMS AFRICA’S DESERTS ARE GETTING GREENER

Climate change has saved hundreds of thousands of Africans from extreme poverty, starvation and premature death, a study from Arizona State University has confirmed.

The study shows that the West African Sahel – part of the semiarid strip just south of the Sahara desert, which spans the African continent from the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea – has been steadily “regreening” since the severe droughts of the 1970s and 1980s which killed more than 100,000 people.

Among the reasons for the “regreening” are increased rainfall, the beneficial effects of increased atmospheric CO2 on plant growth and the ingenuity of farmers (“community-led conservation efforts) in this harsh, marginal region.

Skeptics have long been aware of these beneficial side effects of “global warming” – see, for example, this * report from 2011 by the Global Warming Policy Foundation called The Sahel Is Greening.

* http://www.thegwpf.org/images/stories/gwpf-reports/mueller-sahel.pdf

But alarmists have fiercely resisted this good news because it so flies in the face of their doomsday narrative that “climate change” is making everything worse, in third world regions like sub-Saharan Africa especially, and that human beings are quite incapable of adapting to cope with it.

That stuck-vampire screeching you can hear in the background comes from the Soros-funded climate alarmist attack-dog website DeSmog. After The Sahel Is Greening report, it hurried out a furious, pseudo-erudite rebuttal drawing on all its favourite parti-pris sources.

It quoted a briefing paper by one of its greenie chums suggesting that ‘any greening of the Sahel and Sahara in the near future will eventually be reversed.‘

This led to its deliciously petulant conclusion: “The greening is unreliable. It is thus hardly an encouraging example of a ‘positive impact’ from global warming.”

In other words: ignore the good things that have definitely happened, and concentrate on the bad things that might theoretically happen if the scary computer models turn out to be accurate.

Aren’t they so cute, those greenie alarmists?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/15/bad-news-climate-alarmists-another-study-confirms-africas-deserts-getting-greener/

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:50:25 PM

Greenie alarmists? lol

GWPF studies cannot be taken seriously.  The charity founder (Nigel Lawson) has got ties to a gigantic coal-fired power station in Poland and lets not forget their academic advisory council member, Professor Ian Plimer, who just so happens to be a director to a large Australian coal company. Reckon there has got to be some conflicts of interest.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/damian-carrington-blog/2012/mar/06/climate-change-sceptic-lawson-coal?newsfeed=true

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:40:52 PM

Greenie alarmists? lol

GWPF studies cannot be taken seriously.  The charity founder (Nigel Lawson) has got ties to a gigantic coal-fired power station in Poland and lets not forget their academic advisory council member, Professor Ian Plimer, who just so happens to be a director to a large Australian coal company. Reckon there has got to be some conflicts of interest.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/damian-carrington-blog/2012/mar/06/climate-change-sceptic-lawson-coal?newsfeed=true

Would you really like to discount the science produced by anyone who has a financial interest (not to mention other interests) in the outcome of policy decisions associated with 'climate change'?  Just wondering.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:49:00 PM

Greenie alarmists? lol

I don't see much in this.  "Link to COAL === BAD."

Not that I believe COAL = BAD but....

Australian greenies have somehow....banished nuclear power, forced their entire continent to rely on baseline coal.  Go figure.  Now what's a True Greenie to do?

Nigel as I recall is a really straight up guy.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:32:58 PM

Greenie alarmists? lol

Would you really like to discount the science produced by anyone who has a financial interest (not to mention other interests) in the outcome of policy decisions associated with 'climate change'?  Just wondering.

No I wouldn't like to discount it, just bringing awareness to the fact that studies released by agenda-driven organizations is more likely to be biased. Same applies to both sides of climate change debate.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:54:49 PM

Greenie alarmists? lol

No I wouldn't like to discount it, just bringing awareness to the fact that studies released by agenda-driven organizations is more likely to be biased. Same applies to both sides of climate change debate.
What about the greenies that do their best to make energy expensive? 

I always thought that was pretty suspicious.  But the whole thing is nuts. 
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:52:17 PM

What about the greenies that do their best to make energy expensive? 

I always thought that was pretty suspicious.  But the whole thing is nuts. 

If I had control of a decreasingly easily accessible supply of fossil fuel reserves which limited competition from entry, it would hardly break my heart to see the price that the consumer pays for my product go up.

One of the most surprising things to me when I started studying this 'global climate change' thing was the lack of evidence that the evil fossil fuel companies were significantly supporting the 'skeptics'.  I had pretty much bought the party line that this was a big factor, but when I look into even the most promoted cases (such as the Willie Soon situation) I see surprisingly little.  Those scientist who do buck the 'consensus' seem to do so at great risk to their careers and seem to do so on a shoe-string budget especially when compared to their counterparts.

It really looks to me like almost all of the environmental groups are at best 'controlled opposition' to the corporate multi-nationals, and more and more are not even 'opposition' any more.  They put on a little bit of a show for their naive supporters from time to time but increasingly they don't even seem to be bothering with that.  And the regulatory agencies are flat out lobbyists and cheerleaders for the industries that they are supposed to be regulating.  That has been the case for nearly forever.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: