Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:07:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636399 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:55:30 AM

I am a user of electricity powered by nuclear energy and coal everyday. By paying their bill every month I contribute to this industrial waste and pollution. I am also a tablet and a smart phone user, products that contain rare earth elements. Those elements were extracted without much oversight, destroying part of the Chinese ecosystem and surely some little fish no one cared about. I am also a satellite subscriber. Those things zipping up into space are needed for me to watch Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead among other things. Whatever happens to those things up in space when I will be upgrading my LED TV to 4K resolution is not my problem, as long I can see every hair and rotten teeth on that zombie......
You ain't with the program so here is some educating.

Talk down on the nuclear, and only whisper in low, scary tones about the coal.  Never, ever talk about the movement of dirty work and pollution to China.  Praise the Noodle Light.  Pepper your conversation with, always, four of five of (sustainable, renewable, Exxon, Koch, Earth friendly, nature, environment, flooding, drought, climate change, fossil fuel, carbon, etc).  

Then ask for vegan beer.

Hmm... At least it seems I got the parchment made out of goatskin right...

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.  Now, you want to root out the Deniers?  Remember, they don't usually come right out and blurt to the rooftops they are Deniers.  They use code words, too.  To find their own kind.   They pepper their conversation with four or five of (cold, climategate, global warming, computer models, scientific fraud, hockey stick, Navier Stokes equations, tree rings, laws of thermodynamics, ice cores, Medieval Warming Period, Little Ice Age, nuclear power).

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:14:08 AM

I am a user of electricity powered by nuclear energy and coal everyday. By paying their bill every month I contribute to this industrial waste and pollution. I am also a tablet and a smart phone user, products that contain rare earth elements. Those elements were extracted without much oversight, destroying part of the Chinese ecosystem and surely some little fish no one cared about. I am also a satellite subscriber. Those things zipping up into space are needed for me to watch Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead among other things. Whatever happens to those things up in space when I will be upgrading my LED TV to 4K resolution is not my problem, as long I can see every hair and rotten teeth on that zombie......

Talk down on the nuclear, and only whisper in low, scary tones about the coal.  Never, ever talk about the movement of dirty work and pollution to China.  Praise the Noodle Light.  Pepper your conversation with, always, four of five of (sustainable, renewable, Exxon, Koch, Earth friendly, nature, environment, flooding, drought, climate change, fossil fuel, carbon, etc).  

Then ask for vegan beer.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.  Now, you want to root out the Deniers?  Remember, they don't usually come right out and blurt to the rooftops they are Deniers.  They use code words, too.  To find their own kind.   They pepper their conversation with four or five of (cold, climategate, global warming, computer models, scientific fraud, hockey stick, Navier Stokes equations, tree rings, laws of thermodynamics, ice cores, Medieval Warming Period, Little Ice Age, nuclear power).

I have heard some of them talking about the "Sun" maybe having some influences or something. The word "Sun" could be added to the list. Better use a wider net of suspicious words... Just in case.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:39:15 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 02:10:54 AM by Spendulus

Then ask for vegan beer.

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.  Now, you want to root out the Deniers?  Remember, they don't usually come right out and blurt to the rooftops they are Deniers.  They use code words, too.  To find their own kind.   They pepper their conversation with four or five of (cold, climategate, global warming, computer models, scientific fraud, hockey stick, Navier Stokes equations, tree rings, laws of thermodynamics, ice cores, Medieval Warming Period, Little Ice Age, nuclear power).

I have heard some of them talking about the "Sun" maybe having some influences or something. The word "Sun" could be added to the list. Better use a wider net of suspicious words... Just in case.
Oh yea, Sun.  Add to that, CERN, clouds, water vapor, urban heat island, soot, Asian brown cloud, and many other suspicious phrases.  Keep your cell phone close, and be ready to call them in when you find someone using these words.

By the way, here is a climate skeptic that lays out some rather good criticisms.

http://www.climate-skeptic.com/

Now don't misunderstand me.  You don't need - I'd rather you didn't - actually READ his drivel (Pssst - you or someone might fall for those tricky logical arguments).   Just glance over it fast for key words and phrases - like, for example "It's the SUN"...

THEN go over to one of those good websites, you know, the ones where the guys are paid to write stuff ,like grist, or skepticalscience.com.  Plug the DENIER phrase you found into the search function and SHAZAAM!  Just cut and paste the blurbs you find there, and you can go battle a denier.  Now, really, this is the safe and secure way.  Don't think you can use your own brain to argue with a DENIER.  They may be really very clever in a knuckle dragging lowbrow type of way.  Their brains have highly infectious memes, so play it safe and you'll do fine.   Remember, the sciency is settled, and the real scientists have figured this all out and you should just repeat what we tell you too. 

Just repeat the things we tell you to, and you'll do fine.    Look, don't misunderstand me - it's okay to be different.  Just be different in conventional ways.  Get a tattoo or a nose ring.  But don't go down any really dangerous lane, like, thinking or something.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:50:32 AM

I understand. I Need to be free... Free as a Borg.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:39:36 AM

I said, "What's your problem?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9MQyBusE7c
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:21:43 PM

I said, "What's your problem?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9MQyBusE7c

One of my favorite movie... Smiley
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

Scientists Unveil Latest Weapon Against Global Warming, Cow “Fartpacks”…

On Friday, the Obama administration stated that it would make a multi-pronged attack on cow flatulence, in an attempt to cut methane emissions.

As a result, windy cows have come under renewed scrutiny by scientists, who plan to capture their harmful emissions and convert them into ‘green’ energy.

But scientists in Argentina believe they have come up with a solution – cow backpacks that can be used to trap the animal’s natural gas.

The ‘fartpacks’ extract 300 litres of methane a day from a tube inserted into the cow’s digestive tract and convert it into enough energy to run a car for 24 hours.

The tube running to the animals’ stomachs collects the gas inside the backpacks, which are then hung from the roof of the corral for analysis.

The systems have been under development by Argentina’s National Institute for Agricultural Technology (INTA) for a number of years and are still at proof-of-concept stage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2606956/Now-THATS-wind-power-Cows-wear-BACKPACKS-capture-emissions-miniature-power-stations.html

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:47:03 PM

On Friday, the Obama administration stated that it would make a multi-pronged attack on cow flatulence, in an attempt to cut methane emissions.

cows have come under renewed scrutiny by scientists, who plan to capture their harmful emissions and convert them into ‘green’ energy.

But scientists in Argentina believe they have come up with a solution – cow backpacks that can be used to trap the animal’s natural gas.

The ‘fartpacks’ extract 300 litres of methane a day from a tube inserted into the cow’s digestive tract and convert it into enough energy to run a car for 24 hours.....ational Institute for Agricultural Technology (INTA) for a number of years and are still at proof-of-concept stage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2606956/Now-THATS-wind-power-Cows-wear-BACKPACKS-capture-emissions-miniature-power-stations.html

Weight of methane:  2.1 kg / m^3
Energy content 55 Mj/kg
Energy content of gasoline 42 Mj/kg

Energy content of 300L of methane = 300/1000*2.1*55 = 35Mj
Equal to .63 kg gasoline, slightly less than a quarter of a gallon.

The first bolded part above is ignorance.  It is the burps a cow makes that creates the most of it's methane.

The second bolded part is a lie.  

Deconstructing....  

Generate a progressive news story about solving a non problem by first misunderstanding the science, then lying about it.  

But it fits the narrative!

So...fitting this into the greater scheme of things...

Ban the Deniers!
(not not the liars!)

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 11:28:34 PM

I thought most people already knew flatulence wasn't the major source of methane from cows.
Again they face the wrong side of this non issue, rear-ended  by the horns of their theology....

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:26:04 PM

Global Warming Idiocy: Blaming Everest Avalanche on Climate Change

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2014/04/global-warming-idiocy-blaming-everest.html
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:37:38 PM

The sinister goal behind this man-made global warming hoax:

The Truth About the BLM - Bundy Ranch Dispute Explained

http://youtu.be/tAwALTdrMZ8

The real goal (and Agenda 21 fits in) is Smart Growth which is moving people into cities to be slaves:

http://youtu.be/hfbpNpq0YBI

The man-made global warming hoax, environmentalism, carbon taxes, Smart Electric Meters, and Technocracy is all tied in.

Make sure you see my Agenda 21 and Georgia Guidestones posts upthread.

Dumb-ass masses have been manipulated by fear, and their pre-frontal cortex shut down and converted into Malthusians. Malthusians have never been correct ever in the history of mankind since Mesopotamia.

This is a global plan and you can see most of the dumb-ass masses all over the world have fallen into this "Save the Earth" mass delusion.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:57:44 PM

Global Warming Idiocy: Blaming Everest Avalanche on Climate Change

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2014/04/global-warming-idiocy-blaming-everest.html

THAT ONE'S EASY!

See....Zero change in 17 years is well, a variety of climate change.  Think of it as a positive and negative scale of climate change.  -5 is climate change.  +5 is climate change.  And of course, 0 is climate change.

LOL...
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:59:46 PM

I thought most people already knew flatulence wasn't the major source of methane from cows.
Again they face the wrong side of this non issue, rear-ended  by the horns of their theology....

But the article says...

scientists in Argentina believe they have come up with a solution – cow backpacks that can be used to trap the animal’s natural gas.

The ‘fartpacks’ extract 300 litres of methane a day from a tube inserted into the cow’s digestive tract and convert it into enough energy to run a car for 24 hours.....

...either the "scientists" are stupid, or the reporters are lying.
AnonyMint

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:25:28 AM

THAT ONE'S EASY!

See....Zero change in 17 years is well, a variety of climate change.  Think of it as a positive and negative scale of climate change.  -5 is climate change.  +5 is climate change.  And of course, 0 is climate change.

LOL...

Valid point, and note the multivariate set is larger than 1 variable.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:39:16 AM

scientists in Argentina believe they have come up with a solution – cow backpacks that can be used to trap the animal’s natural gas.

The ‘fartpacks’ extract 300 litres of methane a day from a tube inserted into the cow’s digestive tract and convert it into enough energy to run a car for 24 hours.....

I laughed very hard reading this.... OMG! 300 liters of methane per day... Oh god! that will be a super cow. You might need 15 LPG cylinders to store all this methane (that too in the liquefied form).

Note: I think that milliliter became liter during the Spanish to English conversion.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:12:21 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 03:35:38 PM by Spendulus

I laughed very hard reading this.... OMG! 300 liters of methane per day... Oh god! that will be a super cow. You might need 15 LPG cylinders to store all this methane (that too in the liquefied form).

Note: I think that milliliter became liter during the Spanish to English conversion.
I didn't believe the 300 either, but went ahead and used it to show the lie in the "run a car for 24 hours".

Regardless, anyone who has been around livestock knows those cows will immediately be rubbing their sides against fences, bushes, everything with the intent of dislodging that annoying backpack.  

This is so totally idiotic.  The way you get natural gas is to trap it at wellheads, or frack, etc.

But there is a train of thought that holds that beef cattle are the #1 global warming enemy outside of SUVs.  It's quite interesting how often the interests of radical vegetarians coincide with radical environmentalists.  

This has an interesting aspect.  So called "renewable fuels" involve taking biomass and converting it to energy,  an alcohol or perhaps methane.  That is 'captured' and used in an engine.  The idea is that no old fossil carbon is pulled out of the earth and added to the carbon in the atmosphere.  Okay.  So how exactly could a cow not be part of the natural cycle?  A cow does not pull fossil carbon up from deep in the ground.  Well, you see if the methane from the cow (or the tundra, or the compost heap, or whatever) is captured, and burned for energy, that's "good".
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:20:31 PM

Roll Eyes The Argentinian Fartmobile?  Roll Eyes

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:36:26 PM

You could just have the cow pull the cart...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:24:46 PM

You could just have the cow pull the cart...

Or have the cow directly connected, behind the car?

AnonyMint

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:39:23 AM

You can see some photos of the mall where I was today.

Young employees of the DENR (Dept of Environment and Natural Resources) were handing out brochures with "Global Warming" in scary red blood dripping vampire-like font.

The global conspiracy is paying the people to spread this nonsense as gospel.

I tried to explain to these youthful employees that this is all lies and it is part of a global plan to indoctrinate the people how to be good slaves and submit to various taxes and multi-national corporate control.

We are moving into the end game of Fascism and headed into Mad Max totalitarianism.

By the time you boiling frogs realize it, it will be too late for you already.

Click my name and then click "read latest posts" to dig into the supporting evidence I have posted over the past few weeks.

For those who want to opt-out of this coming hell, you had better figure out which train to board...

...and stop wasting your time reading all of this bla bla bla, which can't help you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: