Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 11:55:49 PM

What is going on is that people should have a right to live their life free of listening to your bullshit, regardless of your sense of entitlement on the issue.
Perfect reciprocity Smiley

Lol.  Well you should start a subreddit named "/r/ClimateChangeDeniers" or what have you and trust me, I won't show up there. Smiley  Then you guys can kick out anyone who believes in global warming attributed to man.

Also while you are at, create "/r/Smokingdoesntcausecancer"  and possibly "/r/Flatearthsociety"... continue on with "/r/vacinationssuck"

I'll preemptively say thanks for the accolades, but send the tips to the american cancer society, please.

Why go elsewhere when the party is here? The hottest climate change thread club in town! With the smallest carbon footprint to boot.
Our door will always stay open. You and your friends are always welcome here, insults included... Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 12:47:52 AM

What is going on is that people should have a right to live their life free of listening to your bullshit, regardless of your sense of entitlement on the issue.

Lol.  Well you should start a subreddit named "/r/ClimateChangeDeniers" or what have you and trust me, I won't show up there. Smiley  Then you guys can kick out anyone who believes in global warming attributed to man.

Also while you are at, create "/r/Smokingdoesntcausecancer"  and possibly "/r/Flatearthsociety"... continue on with "/r/vacinationssuck"

I'll preemptively say thanks for the accolades, but send the tips to the american cancer society, please.

Why go elsewhere when the party is here? The hottest climate change thread club in town! With the smallest carbon footprint to boot.
Our door will always stay open. You and your friends are always welcome here, insults included... Smiley

Don't take offense at this Wilky, but I actually sorta like you.  You have a sense of humor a lot of the others don't.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 01:31:27 AM

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Armstrong pounds sand against global climate change hoax BS
Date:    Sun, May 18, 2014 9:26 pm
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/18/global-warming-fascist-movement-academic-welfare/

And admirably no mention of whether a global elite is aiding that process,
so at least he isn't arguing that these global movements aren't possibly
coordinated by globalists.

Note he didn't mention the 1972 U.N. Convention on Human Environment in
Brazil. Remember the U.N. was created by globalists as a second attempt
after Rockefeller's League of Nations floundered.

Armstrong is good at identifying the overt visible protagonists. But he is
wary to connect the dots of the globalists who are pulling the
coordination strings behind the curtain which he can't see in his personal
experiences in meeting politicians and academics.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 02:43:37 AM

Don't take offense at this Wilky, but I actually sorta like you.  You have a sense of humor a lot of the others don't.

Smiley

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:05:42 PM

well apparently there is a climategate 2 now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2J8zEJHIg8

This simple video is worth all the 45 pages on this thread... Smiley  Thank you for the link.

Yea, listen to some more of his videos.  He also goes into the evil of vaccines.  Good stuff.

really. i always thought that was an area of disagreement between us. can you provide a link please.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 11:10:17 PM

You can claim this isn't logical or whatever, but frankly I don't give a shit.

that does sum up your general attitude and position quite nicely.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 01:40:51 AM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-brown-lax-remarks-20140514-story.html?track=rss

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will you get a set of free rubber boots from the TSA 200 years from now? Cheesy

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 02:07:20 AM

There is no such thing as "settled science." Science is a constantly evolving body of knowledge that by its very nature should demand an ever higher burden of proof.

They called the lipid hypothesis settled science, there was a time when it was a "scientific fact" that the smallest particles in the universe were atoms. It was very recently that it was "settled science" that no particle of matter could be in two places at the same time. All of these "facts" have been tested and shown to be either over simplifications or just wrong.

Any one that calls something "settled science" is trying to shut down a conversation. The next step is to label those that disagree and then to isolate them.

I don't if man made global warming actually occurs. I am no scientist, but i do know that using intellectual and economic fascism to silence opposition is not science.

Yes, people are allowed to have any and all opinions.  Just like others are allowed to ignore fringe elements in order to be productive.

The simple fact is ignoring this issue will have exceptionally grave consequences if man-made global warming is true.  These guys want to wait for "proof" which will only exist after the climate and ecosystem as we know it has been destroyed.

I can ask a 100th time what the fallacy with the basic cause behind global warming is and the question will be removed from the quote and ignored for the 100th time.

Sorry, before you wreck the world wide economy and cause the death of many innocent people due to increased food an fuel costs and lower the standard of living for every person on the planet you might want to provide some proof. I am open to all ideas, but I could never accept the idea that we have to destroy the lives of people to prevent something that might happen. That is immoral and unconscionable.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:01:40 AM

According to the RSS satellite data, whose value for April 2014 is just in, the global warming trend in the 17 years 9 months since August 1996 is zero. The 212 months without global warming represents more than half the 423-month satellite data record, which began in January 1979. No one now in high school has lived through global warming.

Key facts about global temperature:
** The RSS satellite dataset shows no global warming at all for 213 months from August 1996 to April 2014. That is more than half the entire 423-month satellite record.
** The fastest centennial warming rate was in Central England from 1663-1762, at 0.9 Cº per century – before the industrial revolution began. It cannot have been our fault.
** The global warming trend since 1900 is equivalent to 0.8 Cº per century. This is well within natural variability and may not have much to do with us.
** The fastest warming trend lasting ten years or more occurred over the 40 years from 1694-1733 in Central England. It was equivalent to 4.3 Cº per century.
** Since 1950, when a human influence on global temperature first became theoretically possible, the global warming trend is equivalent to 1.2 Cº per century.
** The fastest warming rate lasting ten years or more since 1950 occurred over the 33 years from 1974 to 2006. It was equivalent to 2.0 Cº per century.
** In 1990, the IPCC’s mid-range prediction of the near-term warming trend was equivalent to 3.5 Cº per century.
** The global warming trend since 1990, when the IPCC wrote its first report, is equivalent to 1.4 Cº per century – two-fifths of what the IPCC had then predicted.
** In 2013 the IPCC’s new mid-range prediction of the near-term warming trend was for warming at a rate equivalent to 1.7 Cº per century – just half its 1990 prediction.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/05/04/global-temperature-update-no-global-warming-at-all-for-17-years-9-months/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! 17 years and 9 months? That's almost as good as some people believing in AGW for the past 20 years... Well, almost. Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:24:29 AM

“The coalition government acknowledges the role of renewable energy in Australia’s energy mix,” said Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane. “There is over $1 billion in funding for existing renewable projects to be completed over the coming years.”

“Given the tight fiscal environment as a result of [liberal] Labor’s legacy of debt and deficit, the government considers there is a very significant investment in renewable energy,” MacFarlane added.

Abbott’s Liberal-National coalition won a landslide victory in Australia’s election last fall. One of the main promises of Abbott’s coalition was to repeal the country’s carbon tax and costly environmental agenda.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/19/aussies-to-slash-90-of-global-warming-funding-from-budget/

--------------------------------------
What I would call "A good start!" Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:20:43 AM

Wow! 17 years and 9 months? That's almost as good as some people believing in AGW for the past 20 years... Well, almost. ;
I have to admit to a bit of exaggeration when I have been using the phrase "no warming for the last 20 years".  Knowing it was 17+, close enough.

Then again, since this is measurements of temperature and not latent heat or energy content, it may be meaningless. 
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:25:09 AM

.....One of the main promises of Abbott’s coalition was to repeal the country’s carbon tax and costly environmental agenda.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/19/aussies-to-slash-90-of-global-warming-funding-from-budget/

If I was trying to change the climate in Australia, I'd be advocating nuclear power running giant desalinization plants and carving rivers inland from the sea.  Turning that huge desert into a paradise.

Terraforming right here.

Check out the weather around the bunny fence:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/science/earth/14fenc.html
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:44:36 PM

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/kerry-if-were-wrong-climate-change-whats-worst-can-happen_793392.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

.....One of the main promises of Abbott’s coalition was to repeal the country’s carbon tax and costly environmental agenda.

If I was trying to change the climate in Australia, I'd be advocating nuclear power running giant desalinization plants and carving rivers inland from the sea.  Turning that huge desert into a paradise.

Terraforming right here.

Check out the weather around the bunny fence:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/14/science/earth/14fenc.html

The photo with the cloud is stunning.

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:00:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/XQjrBqm.png

According to the RSS satellite data, whose value for April 2014 is just in, the global warming trend in the 17 years 9 months since August 1996 is zero. The 212 months without global warming represents more than half the 423-month satellite data record, which began in January 1979. No one now in high school has lived through global warming.
Here's the trend from 4 different sources:

But yes, the air temperature has not risen much in the last years.

SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:03:40 PM

There is no such thing as "settled science." Science is a constantly evolving body of knowledge that by its very nature should demand an ever higher burden of proof.

They called the lipid hypothesis settled science, there was a time when it was a "scientific fact" that the smallest particles in the universe were atoms. It was very recently that it was "settled science" that no particle of matter could be in two places at the same time. All of these "facts" have been tested and shown to be either over simplifications or just wrong.

Any one that calls something "settled science" is trying to shut down a conversation. The next step is to label those that disagree and then to isolate them.

I don't if man made global warming actually occurs. I am no scientist, but i do know that using intellectual and economic fascism to silence opposition is not science.

Yes, people are allowed to have any and all opinions.  Just like others are allowed to ignore fringe elements in order to be productive.

The simple fact is ignoring this issue will have exceptionally grave consequences if man-made global warming is true.  These guys want to wait for "proof" which will only exist after the climate and ecosystem as we know it has been destroyed.

I can ask a 100th time what the fallacy with the basic cause behind global warming is and the question will be removed from the quote and ignored for the 100th time.

The fallacy is believing that carbon is a green house gas, water vapor in the air causes more warming.  What about the sun...north pole migration...doesnt volcanoes cool the planet?  These are some of the things I never hear the global warming crowd talking about.  Answer this?  Where did all the carbon come from in the past?  Was it man-made or natural.
Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:35:44 PM

The fallacy is believing that carbon is a green house gas, water vapor in the air causes more warming.  What about the sun...north pole migration...doesnt volcanoes cool the planet?  These are some of the things I never hear the global warming crowd talking about.  Answer this?  Where did all the carbon come from in the past?  Was it man-made or natural.
The sun's radiation doesn't change very much. About 0.2% or so in a 11 year cycle. 2009 was a record low, I think.
The north pole doesn't move very much. Only the magnetic pole.
Big vulcano eruptions are cooling the planet for a year or two, but usually not for decades.
One upon a time all the carbon has been in the air as CO2. Then the plants appeared on earth and split up the CO2.
Dead plants and microbes got buried in the ground and created oil and coal.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:06:07 AM

A new report out Tuesday says climate change might increase the price of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes by 30 percent in the next 15 years.

The Oxfam study draws from the recent slew of reports released by the Obama administration and the United Nations to argue that climate change will hike prices on raw agricultural goods.

Oxfam estimates that changing weather patterns like hurricanes and drought could drive up grain prices, which will hurt the retail price of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes in the U.S. by roughly 30 percent and about 40 percent in the United Kingdom.

The report cites a statement by Kellogg’s to the Carbon Disclosure Project last year in which the company notes the growing risks inflicted by climate change.

Kellogg’s said that could raise prices for both Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/206637-climate-change-may-ruin-breakfast

dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:13:45 AM

I'm tired of the nonsense from you loons, but i can't pass this last one up.  No one believes "carbon" is a green house gas.  Pure idiocy.  "Where did it come from!?!" <guffaw>
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:42:51 AM

I'll have to say that sheeple people appear to be developing a resistance to bullshit, what a great improvement from a decade or two ago. I'm sure the demise of the idiot box has a lot to do with it.

Infact, I think you've got "them" on the run here.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: