Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636399 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 11:00:52 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 11:56:52 PM by hdbuck

"Climate deniers".

Isn't that a stupid term?

Way to go, reddit. Like those climate scientists making threats to those who are publishing findings that are contrary to their hypothesis. Makes me want to consider speading climate change denialist propaganda.

deny.the.climat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:49:17 AM

"Climate deniers".

Way to go, reddit. Like those climate scientists making threats to those who are publishing findings that are contrary to their hypothesis. Makes me want to consider speading climate change denialist propaganda.
The term is carefully crafted propaganda to associate people who do not agree with the man made global warming hypothesis with "holocaust deniers" which is legally a crime in some countries, and a hair short of calling someone antisemitic. So in short, in their mind, having an opinion of your own means you supported Hitler's extermination of millions of people. Clearly the Nazi party was very friendly to people with opposing opinions no?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:41:55 PM

"Climate deniers".

The term is carefully crafted propaganda to associate people who do not agree with the man made global warming hypothesis with "holocaust deniers" which is legally a crime in some countries, and a hair short of calling someone antisemitic. So in short, in their mind, having an opinion of your own means you supported Hitler's extermination of millions of people. Clearly the Nazi party was very friendly to people with opposing opinions no?

I believe the term started and has been propagated by the editor at Grist.com.
Benjig

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:32:41 PM

The first two links are to recent peer reviewed papers showing the continuation of global warming. The next two are Met Office replies to David Rose's misleading assertions. The following offer additional evidence of continued warming
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:04:15 PM

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/climate-cultists_794401.html#

SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:53:21 PM

CLIMATE MCCARTHYISM CLAIMS YET ANOTHER VICTIM

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/06/13/Climate-McCarthyism-claims-yet-another-victim
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:56:24 PM

Two days later, he was sacked by email. The IPS said: "We would like to inform you that we are terminating your position as an Associate Fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies...Unfortunately, we now feel that your views on key issues, including climate science, climate justice, and many aspects of US policy to Africa, diverge so significantly from ours."

Yep... "Climate justice" is science fact... Roll Eyes

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

Two days later, he was sacked by email. The IPS said: "We would like to inform you that we are terminating your position as an Associate Fellow of the Institute for Policy Studies...Unfortunately, we now feel that your views on key issues, including climate science, climate justice, and many aspects of US policy to Africa, diverge so significantly from ours."

He just spoke the truth.

In the WSJ OpEd entitled Sacrificing Africa for Climate Change, Rossiter argued that Africans should benefit from the same mixed energy policy as Americans rather than being denied access to fossil fuels on spurious environmental grounds by green activists. He wrote: "The left wants to stop industrialization - even if the hypothesis of catastrophic, man-made global warming is false."

But the Institute for Policy Studies ("Ideas into Action for Peace, Justice, and the Environment") is ideologically committed to ensuring that Africans only enjoy the benefits of expensive, intermittent, inefficient renewable energy such as wind and solar.

The idea that Africa would be kept under the boot heel of imperialism, morphed into environmental imperialism is unacceptable.  A bit part of the philosophical basis behind this nonsense is coming from Britain.
dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:24:41 AM

He just spoke the truth.

In the WSJ OpEd entitled Sacrificing Africa for Climate Change, Rossiter argued that Africans should benefit from the same mixed energy policy as Americans rather than being denied access to fossil fuels on spurious environmental grounds by green activists. He wrote: "The left wants to stop industrialization - even if the hypothesis of catastrophic, man-made global warming is false."

But the Institute for Policy Studies ("Ideas into Action for Peace, Justice, and the Environment") is ideologically committed to ensuring that Africans only enjoy the benefits of expensive, intermittent, inefficient renewable energy such as wind and solar.

The idea that Africa would be kept under the boot heel of imperialism, morphed into environmental imperialism is unacceptable.  A bit part of the philosophical basis behind this nonsense is coming from Britain.

You guys are such clowns.  You make fun of all these little terms people invent then you use stuff like "environmental imperialism".  Is that like "environmental communism" or "environmental democracy" ?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:26:12 AM

He just spoke the truth.

...WWF...

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:28:56 AM

You guys are such clowns.  You make fun of all these little terms people invent then you use stuff like "environmental imperialism".  Is that like "environmental communism" or "environmental democracy" ?

I've parsed your grammar in your posts and analyzed all 158 of them.  Hello, paid troll.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:31:53 AM

He just spoke the truth.

Yes for "Environmental Communism"...

http://mondediplo.com/2000/07/19envidisaster

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:34:32 AM

I've parsed your grammar in your posts and analyzed all 158 of them.  Hello, paid troll.

Wow! I did not know it was so easy to unmask a paid troll. Maybe it is time for me to add some kind of advertising  while replying back to him. At least he is making money here...

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:39:02 AM

"Climate deniers".

We used to be climate skeptics but skeptic generally carries positive connotations so the public relations scum bags put a stop to that.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
dwma

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:51:00 AM

You guys are such clowns.  You make fun of all these little terms people invent then you use stuff like "environmental imperialism".  Is that like "environmental communism" or "environmental democracy" ?

I've parsed your grammar in your posts and analyzed all 158 of them.  Hello, paid troll.

I hadn't visited here since I started being paid.  I did visit though and this is what I saw.  At least I have valid points.  I'm gonna give up being paid though, it was just an experiment and a big waste of time at that.

Please though, continue on with your analysis of my posts.  I would like you to learn something.

edit - Also, I've not been "paid" yet.  Wink  All $.33 per post. rofl.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:34:43 AM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-14/obama-asks-college-grads-to-help-take-on-climate-change-deniers.html
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 08:07:32 AM

It's nice that he spoke to the same people driving their hybrid Prius at 85mph in the HOV lanes.  Not once have I ever heard this president actually urge people to consume less.  To think about whether they need something before buying it.  Then again his pitiful economic recovery requires spending every last cent of credit on whatever item you can get...

Teddy was a much better steward of the environment.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

You guys are such clowns.  You make fun of all these little terms people invent then you use stuff like "environmental imperialism".  Is that like "environmental communism" or "environmental democracy" ?

I've parsed your grammar in your posts and analyzed all 158 of them.  Hello, paid troll.

I hadn't visited here since I started being paid.  I did visit though and this is what I saw.  At least I have valid points.  I'm gonna give up being paid though, it was just an experiment and a big waste of time at that.

Please though, continue on with your analysis of my posts.  I would like you to learn something.

edit - Also, I've not been "paid" yet.  Wink  All $.33 per post. rofl.
A little honesty can go a long way toward gaining respect.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:27:24 PM

It's nice that he spoke to the same people driving their hybrid Prius at 85mph in the HOV lanes.  Not once have I ever heard this president actually urge people to consume less.  To think about whether they need something before buying it.  Then again his pitiful economic recovery requires spending every last cent of credit on whatever item you can get...

Teddy was a much better steward of the environment.

Exactly.  Note that isn't true of every style of economic recovery.  We could have an "economic recovery" by creating wars.  We could have an "economic recovery" by committing to a crash program to colonize Mars.
Or by committing to reindustrialize.  Or to put a 3d printer in every home.  To see that "every family owned some bitcoin."

Best to NOT let politicians get involved in things like this.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:52:31 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-California/2014/06/15/After-Climate-Change-Speech-Obama-Jets-to-Palm-Springs-for-Golf

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: