Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:44:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4023 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:37:25 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
I have watched an interview over the phone that if you are a miner there you'll be arrested.

Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and there's no way to trace you unless they have proven that you own that bitcoin transaction. But how can that be? there's no name of sender and receiver for each transactor so there's no way to find out unless you are too vulgar and will expose that you own some.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:30:44 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
I have watched an interview over the phone that if you are a miner there you'll be arrested.

Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and there's no way to trace you unless they have proven that you own that bitcoin transaction. But how can that be? there's no name of sender and receiver for each transactor so there's no way to find out unless you are too vulgar and will expose that you own some.
Is this in Venezuela? Are they so desperate to keep pushing their funny money? I mean come on now what a joke, make your citizens suffer because you want to continue to pretend your Fiat works.
Yeah mate IIRC that man came from Venezuela and the video was blurred and interviewed through a video call.

I don't know what's the real score in Venezuela right now but it seems they are really hiding from the authorities and they are not allowing someone to know if they are into crypto's, bitcoin or anything related to digital currencies.
JinCrypts

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:33:38 AM

Bitcoin transaction is anonymous so you won't get caught, just dont let them know your bitcoin address or anything just deny the fact that you're into cryptocurrency then you're good to go.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 03:38:13 AM

Bitcoin transactions are anonymous and they are almost virtually untraceable. That’s why in my country the only thing that can let you be determined you are a cryptocurrency user is that if you just blatantly say that you have tinkered woth them even for just a little bit as the understanding would automatically be that you are in bitcoin far more longer and all the funds in the bank are associated and are being used to it which I thibk can be bypassed

standbay29

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:43:11 AM

Yeah right guys, the government will be able to track transactions with BTC you make when you cashing it on payment processing in your country. They will be able to do that because most of these companies require you to be a data file of ourselves before letting you withdraw your money from them. This is one of the good characteristics of Bitcoin is its decentralization.
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:59:44 AM

Government cannot trace your BTC address unless you have exchange address. usually exchange will require KYC or identity submission.
They can trace you through exchange. although it cannot fully traceable. You must use another coin than bitcoin to become fully anonymous.
jcarlo

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:33:44 AM

I think government can not trace our bitcoin because bitcoin using decentralized system. Except, we selling our bitcoin on local exchanger and we give our identity on that exchanger, maybe government can trace our crypto transaction but not on how much bitcoin we have
VrassMy

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:44:41 AM

It is very difficult for the government to track Btc to every Btc user because it is not known to every wallet that we have this and can be seen if we give every key wallet that we have or tell
kerjakuat

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:51:29 AM

I think government can not trace our bitcoin because bitcoin using decentralized system. Except, we selling our bitcoin on local exchanger and we give our identity on that exchanger, maybe government can trace our crypto transaction but not on how much bitcoin we have
mistake can be made if you accidentally put your kyc at exchange and think they will not trace you back. your ip address also can be track easily so it will be hard to hide it. But if you are a smart person you will always hide your track for other hard to track you back. 

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:54:02 AM

Yes we can still be traced by the government if we give our real identities like in exchangers that require KYC.So if you want to stay anonymous,find some exchanger that will not require anymore some of your personal identifications.
crptomoon1001

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:10:35 AM

you start a wallet company n atm company at your homr only for your use ; then the government will never be able to find you
Sevarchik

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:16:21 AM

If you dont register on KYC applicable boards, government cant trace you.
But for nowadays using crypto this type not efficient

Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:19:53 AM

It will be difficult for any government to to that but with the aid of your bank where you do the transfer of your coin to it can be traced,  also those who are into bounty campaign can identified  through social media post on daily basis.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

From what I understand, the government will be able to trace the transaction with BTC that you made when you cashout it on a payment processing establishment/company in your country. They'll be able to do that because most of these companies require you to provide KYC documents before letting you cashout your money from them. This will be the only thing that I can think of where they'll be able to link your name to any BTC transaction.
Did you intentionally leave out the banks or was it an oversight? No matter how we try to belittle the banks when Bitcoin is discussed, we should also know that most Bitcoin transactions are converted to fiat before use. So, how do we get fiat if the banks are not passed through? That's not possible, except we do a face to face trading where buyers and sellers exchange cash in person.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
Jlv

Activity: 336

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:36:10 AM

Unless you did not gave any information about you they can never discover and arrest you but if you need to exchange your Btc into fiat of course they need your information.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:41:53 AM

Initially if you want to buy bitcoin or other crypto currencies from exchange where is they can get your records and can track your fund details.And bitcoin is not fully anonymous it is just pseudonymous so if someone can find your address then he can track all your details and transaction details by himself.All you have to do is use new address for each and every transactions you are doing.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
klebsiella

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:52:50 AM

Government can trace you have Bitcoin if you you publish your name and Bitcoin address online. A lot of folks are doing that like when writing a blog or on a forum with their real name and Bitcoin address hoping that someone will send donations. They could also trace you when you do trading transactions for fiat currency in an exchange.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:56:51 AM

blockchain itself doesn't reveal your identity. But you can reveal it when transacting through blockchain, for example by buying bitcoin for fiat on the exchange, which already can be recorded by the centralized exchange.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:07:51 AM

when you have a Bitcoin address, you actually make that with your email account and ID papers, if the exchange allows the government to collect and check your data - it's easy to get you.
Cj29

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:14:49 AM

I think they cant trace if they didnt know your bitcoin address or your wallet address. And its so hard to know who address is that if didnt tell the government that is you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: