Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:40:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4019 times)
zebu_2

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:01:34 AM

because government trance you have btc. which we are submit the I"D profs and other document that was made  by government and have able to check out every this ..what we do or not.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freo01

Activity: 93

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:16:02 AM

I think today, the only for the government to know that you have Bitcoin is thru IP address. They will scan your history of searches and the websites that you had visited. They can now speculate that you are owning a Bitcoin and they will do something to trace you through verification when you are using an exchange.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:32:06 AM

Government is can not find the bitcoin track. It your currency. So your the right for your currency. Most of the peoples use the bitcoin. So no one can find the bitcoin users. It good future saving. Now most of the people use the bitcoin for the future business. It digital currency. It use only for online process. Bitcoin is to safe and not easy to track.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:33:50 AM

because government trance you have btc. which we are submit the I"D profs and other document that was made  by government and have able to check out every this ..what we do or not.

I don't know what you're trying to imply but government can't trace the owner of bitcoin as this is untraceable and only just the amount of bitcoin can be seen. Just read the whitepaper and you'll see that bitcoin is decentralized and no one have a full control to it. Nothing to be broad about.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:46:10 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

Bitcoin transactions are anonymous. As long as you don't reveal your identity, no one know you are a bitcoin holder.
For this purpose you have to buy bitcoin peer to peer from a person you trust. Never use exchanges that force you to verify your identity.

But there are any case thay your IP Address can detect?  How do you withdraw it if it is banned on your country?  It is able in another country so you need some person to handle your coin in another county to get it.

I also think like that if you can do bitcoin if it is banned but I think they banned some paying bitcoin not using bitcoin or earning bitcoin on one person but it is hard to get.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:48:23 AM

well, if you use cryptocurrency, you might be traced at the time of crypto redirection to fiat. at that time of course everyone can be tracked from whom he transact, until the search will end on the exchanger. I think that's how the government knows you're using crypto.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

BitBite5

Activity: 210
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:50:46 AM

I don't think that governement would hunt you just to establish whether you have bitcoins, makes no sense. First you have to do something illegal and forbidden.
Bitcoin is not that anonimous as many think and there are methods to track the user and transactions throug IP addresses or data that you register at exchange. KYC rules and anti money laundering laws changed a lot, so don't think you can't be traced. But there is nothing to fear about unless you go to the dark side.
baus

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:04:23 AM

It is impossible because all the wallets are anonymous and there is no way to know which wallet belongs to who in here, that is the reason of why i think that it is more than impossible
bitterdog

Activity: 728
Merit: 503

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:58:50 AM

i hear two side of opinion related to this matter. Some people say that we can not be tracked if we use bitcoin because in bitcoin the identity is anonymous. But, in some people say that we still can be tracked if we used bitcoin trough our wallet. Related to this i think the more suitble answer for this question is the government still can tracked us when we have a btc. Because its possible to tracking us from our IP adress.

▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀███████████████
██████████▄   ▀█████████████
████████████▄   ▀███████████
██████████████▄   ▀█████████
█████████████▀   ▄██████████
███████████▀   ▄████████████
██████████▄  ▄██████████████
███████████████████████████
 ▀████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀

⬢⬢

⬢⬢

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄██████████▀▀▀█▀█▄
██ ▀█████▀     ▀██
██▌   ▀▀▀      ███
███▄           ███
████▀         ████
▀████▄     ▄▄████▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  ▐███
██████▀▀  ▄   ████
███▀   ▄█▀   ▐████
████▄▄█▀     █████
▀█████▌ ▄▄▄ ▐████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄████████▄▄
▄███████▀   ▐████▄
████████  ▄███████
██████      ██████
████████  ████████
████████  ████████
▀███████  ███████▀
   ▀▀████████▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████

▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄██▀█▀███▄▄
▄███▀▀▀ ▀ ▀▀█████▄
██████ ████▄ █████
██████ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
██████ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████
██████ ████▀ █████
▀███▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄█████▀
   ▀▀██▄█▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██████████████████
AnatoleWright354

Activity: 116
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:29:55 AM

It is possible thru exchanges and KYCs.  Because first and foremost, the Bitcoin is a decentralize which also has a peer to peer transactions. Unless you say it yourself to the crowd that you are a Bitcoin user.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:47:50 AM

maybe that could happen if the government cooperates with blockchain or exchange market, but if it happens then the anonymous principle on bitcoin no longer exists
yungstunna

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:48:59 AM

it is simple. something good about bitcoin is that it you can hide your identity and unless you want to be found you will not be found.it is up to you the user to maintain your anonymousity in every transaction you make
shkwarka333

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:15:36 AM

As long as you don't reveal your identity, you're safe. That is, as soon as you try to enter funds into your wallets or cards you can be easily tracked so you need a service that will leave your identity anonymous, but in any case you can track the chain of transfers and transactions that will still lead to your wallets and location.
_AlexX

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:20:11 AM

I think they could (if they really want) track your IP and match it to your wallet address.
I heard from someone they are already doing it but i am not sure if that is really tue.
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:37:59 AM

They cant. Bitcoin is decentralize and there is no possible way to track down your transaction/info unless they were able to log in into your wallet. And that would be easy for the government, but if they do hack you, it's a breach of privacy.

Yes i believe also that bitcoin holders are not traceable since it is created as decentralised cryptocurrency and not being controlled by anyone else but only ourselves or the person than we trusted most to know our wallets important information. Breaching in someone’s privacy even if the government will do is prohibited also and if that happens, i think we can counter file the case for invading our privacy.
We can be trace when we used bitcoin in the public transactions but cannot be trace how much we have. It can be trace on the IP we use to connect in the internet to access our account but they cannot enter the account without your keys and that is private property which nobody can access unless being authorized for that. I think it is not big issue when the government knows that you have bitcoin because everyone has it as investment

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
d713173958

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:45:42 AM

nice
project
dodz031718

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:47:04 AM

The government simply track our bitcoin wallet and if we register our account when entering or verifying with our original address and photo because bitcoin with Blockchain technology has a decentralized system.The whole concept of bitcoin is focusing on decentrilization meaning there is a middle men to record our identity in our transactions.Bitcoin provides anonymity of each users.Cracking it down is possible.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:48:09 AM

I think they can track you if you will withdraw your btc into a real money. Because it is big question mark that wwhen did you get that money or what is the source of money
mr-sk

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:51:04 AM

It is only possible if you do not even know how to take care of your privacity and you do not know how to protect your wallet, otherwise, it is impossible after all

Telegram
greenpath

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:53:32 AM

Government can't do that to trace all btc. We our our privacy to live life with peace and security. Once the government do that it means there are problem inside the government system that we don't know. There is also a chance that they will have some interest to steal your bitcoin. Let bitcoin be always in decentralized and will not be in centralized system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: