Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:37:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4023 times)
Stromspirit

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:31:43 PM

The government will not be able to track btc's existence, but it may be possible if the government allows banks to use btc as their means of transactions may the government will be able to track the existence of btc
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:12:37 PM

Bitcoin transaction is untraceable movement, which can be liable of the user to let people know, which is not good to been announced for security, therefore government can not know, accept, it was expose by someone else, more over bitcoin is not a criminal business.
Criptomen

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:16:03 PM

Bitcoin - relatively anonymous cryptocurrency transactions do not disclose the names of owners. At the same time, information on ongoing transactions is available to everyone, cuz records about them are stored in the public registry. Due to this, it is possible to trace and compare the identity of the owner with the bitcoin operations. There are many cases where criminals were tracked

An attempt to convert the crypto currency through the exchange into fiat money (dollars, euros, and other "traditional" currencies) is the moment at which the identity of the wallet owner can be identified.

But there are "Bitcoin mixer" or "Bitcoin tumbler" services. With this procedure, the user can transfer the crypto currency into a system that distributes money between hundreds of thousands of wallets inside it. After that, the bitcoins fall into the correct repository. But thanks to the distribution of funds through different wallets, it is impossible to establish a connection between the sender and the recipient. Such procedure costs 0.5-3% of the amount transferred.
Patrick777

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:36:02 PM

Bitcoin transaction is anonymous so you won't get caught, just dont let them know your bitcoin address or anything just deny the fact that you're into cryptocurrency then you're good to go.
Harrow30

Activity: 266

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:49:56 PM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

I actually had a flash thought about this today; about locating/tracing someone who might have transfered bitcoin from a wallet to another. I do think that if you transfer from a registered wallet with a bank it becomes more easy for the government or anyone to have you traced.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:59:32 PM

It is possible that some transfers from certain Wallets have been tracked and each bank transfer has a certain list, to specify the name already listed in the government agency. Most importantly the government is not so stupid as to allow its people to act unlawfully

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:23:33 PM

The real issue is do they need to? Whenever you log on to the internet you leave a digital signature, if they think you are doing something illegal or a threat to the state they will find out about your transactions. If you are not a drug/arms dealer, master criminal or terrorist and you keep a low profile then most likely you will be ok.
You could set up an arms length   structure to hold and trade your crypto, out of range and site of your government.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
bachus

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:50:39 PM

Creating a personal wallet, the user does not need to check the passport data, or somehow confirm his identity somehow, so it's impossible to track who made the transaction.
You can lose anonymity only if you withdraw funds from the crypto exchange into offline.
Giardina

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:33:33 AM

It is possible to track bitcoin wallet during registration
with genuine personal data, real email address.Sometimes you are asked to provide photos and passport details, respectively, to identify the person will be very easy.

Hkim21

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:44:18 AM

I think all the data about bitcoin holders is in the blockchain ledger, in fact I've read an article that says that if you commit a violation such as money laundering or financing terrorism via bitcoin will be easily tracked by the police, the police can easily track the location of time and transaction data others related to blockchain technology, so in conclusion even though we do not reveal the original identity as bitcoin holders, we must remain cautious in the transaction and never commit a crime.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
beananaque

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:45:48 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?

It it not possible to the government to trace that you are a bitcoin users. There is a lot of software they can used to do it. Well, It depends on your case if they will arrest you and punish you to prison. It depends on what law covered this kind of activity. But I am hoping that it could not happen so we are free to work on bitcoin.
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:40:37 PM

It is difficult for Government or anyone to track your wallet because it is anonymous. But because you need to convert your cryptocurrencies to fiat currency, it may therefore be possible for the government to trace your transactions on the exchanges to your wallet because the agencies often do KYC for all their customers since they are regulated.
TmottaDing

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:17:56 PM

It is more than easy and you do not need to be from the FBI in order to trace bitcoin or something more related to that, just find a bitcoin address, and you will be able to look up for a lot of information, well ,the government has many other ways to find it out

Firdausiii

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 07:47:18 AM

bitcoin has blockchain technology that has decentralized system and It's not easy and Government can not track bitcoin owners because it can not be traced and only the number of bitcoins that can be seen
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

The rate at which almost all the exchangers are making it compulsory for the users to summit means of identification during registration will make it possible for government to trace any owner of bitcoin. I would have like  exchangers to operate without making the KYC process compulsory.
Mao siro

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:31:41 AM

Bitcoin is not traced because its users can make it without giving their real name, so I do not think you can catch them how they know you have btc while BTC does not mention the name of the BTC owner.
jrivera68846

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

Bitcoin is decentralize and there is no possible way to track down your transaction/info unless they were able to log in into your wallet. And that would be easy for the government, but if they do hack you, it's a breach of privacy.
marcosfx

Activity: 303

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:28:30 AM

The government can track your bitcoin if you are making cashouts through a registered fiat exchange. Unless you are making cashouts thru peer to peer transaction. 

I agree with you but if the country don't create some structure that can track you, you can work as fish in the sea inside your country.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
BigBos

Activity: 1918
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:33:22 AM

The government can track your bitcoin if you are making cashouts through a registered fiat exchange. Unless you are making cashouts thru peer to peer transaction. 

I agree with you but if the country don't create some structure that can track you, you can work as fish in the sea inside your country.
most likely it will end on the kyc you registered on the exchanger. well, although it's still very difficult to track bitcoin transactions, I think there are several ways to see what transactions you are doing with the bitcoin you have.
Lima0396

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:43:18 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized which will make it difficult for the government to trace it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: