Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 12:48:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can a goverment trace you have BTC?  (Read 4023 times)
Dopansam

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:48:54 AM

Bitcoin is not traced because its users can make it without giving their real name, so I do not think you can catch them how they know you have btc while BTC does not mention the name of the BTC owner.
NH

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 09:50:52 AM

when you exchange from bitcoin to your currency. transfer from exchanger to your bank will show you are bitcoin player or not. but if no currency stand in your country, maybe from human than he make report for you.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:57:46 AM

No they cannot arrest you even if it is ban on your country because you have no ground for anything that can lead to arresting on you. There is no way also that government could trace that you have bitcoin holdings it is just that if the government ban crypto in your country then you could hardly get a local exchange for your crypto holdings to fiat.
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:01:54 AM

Bitcoin is not traced because its users can make it without giving their real name, so I do not think you can catch them how they know you have btc while BTC does not mention the name of the BTC owner.

I think its hard to trace if you buying a bitcoin or you hold a bitcoin because i think if you have a bitcoin your name will not listed so the government did not trace or did not know you even the creation of bitcoin its hard to know how much more the investors its hard to trace.

cammie16

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:05:43 AM

No they cannot arrest you even if it is ban on your country because you have no ground for anything that can lead to arresting on you. There is no way also that government could trace that you have bitcoin holdings it is just that if the government ban crypto in your country then you could hardly get a local exchange for your crypto holdings to fiat.

Yes you have a point, this is really hard to trace bitcoin owner but if a local exchange will give our personal details then there will be the time the government can trace our identity, because many exchanges now are requiring kyc.

│      Whitepaper      │              BITHOST                          The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook     │     Github     │     Discord     │
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:12:50 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
First, they may come upon you when you trade (if you trade) personally those bitcoins, or maybe just use an agent to impersonate as a crypto-dealer.

Besides that, they can try to monitor the IPs used to execute transactions. If there is such a traffic coming via the ISP registered to your house, well, they can know about it.

Generally, please note that if some information is leaked involving the public address, then they can use blockchain and public transactions to track it to next addresses you might be using.

I recommend caution: use VPNs or public networks, deal in person only if you know the dealer.
Aleksandr_ov

Activity: 252
Merit: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:16:51 AM

I think that much has been written here, but in fact, neither, it's only the honesty of everyone in front of their state!
dianepot

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:25:17 AM

Since bitcoin transactions is anonymous, no one can trace that its you.Never tell anyone that you own a bitcoin. Dont trust anyone. Especially those exchangers that needs KYC that may reveal your identity.
ansdb

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:28:20 AM

gouvernement get data from exchanges and mining companies ... etc, if you own any exchange account that oblige you to prove your identity maybe this is the only way they can know some info about you
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:28:50 AM

generally, bitcoin cannot be tracked for every user he or she resides in or where in which country. This is what makes bitcoin unique, because unlike banks in the country that have complete data on each user who has a wallet in the bank. in this bitcoin, no data to be filled can only be traced through transactions only between cryptocurrencies
Pan Troglodytes

Merit: 39

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:29:57 AM

Since bitcoin transactions is anonymous, no one can trace that its you.Never tell anyone that you own a bitcoin. Dont trust anyone. Especially those exchangers that needs KYC that may reveal your identity.
No it is not anonymous, where did you get that notion? It is pseudonymous, meaning, that your addresses acts like pseudonyms (facades) for your identity and very very (doubling intended) public. If you do KYC or leak your house IP even once, all your addresses may be linked to you.
ogabonny

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:30:57 AM

How can the government discover I own BTC, let's say I'm from Venezuela where crypto is banned, what they can do to discover and arrest me?
The government will not be able to trace any bitcoin to you unless you are careless tagging any bitcoin address to your name, such as local exchanges which the government has access to
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:33:51 AM

There is no way the government can trace or will know that we indulge ourselves in crypocurrency unless you, or someone will tell them or some clues or evidence will be visible to them. Like your cellphone or any gadgets or your social network or any other means.
PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:44:58 AM

maybe the government could just trace the owner of BTC. and I think the government must have special tools. but I think it's only a small possibility done. I hope it does not happen. except to carry out large money laundering and very harmful to the state.
mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:26:44 AM

Generally, bitcoin can't be tracked.
The Government can trace your identity from exchanger.
if you don't using any exchange that required identity documents submission, you can't be track.
That is the purpose of decentralized currency.
putriliesma

Activity: 184
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:28:51 AM

If Bitcoin is banned in your country of course you will be caught if you are still using Bitcoin even though you already know that it is banned. They may keep track of your IP address because it is now very easy to trace IP.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:31:11 AM

Generally, bitcoin can't be tracked.
The Government can trace your identity from exchanger.
if you don't using any exchange that required identity documents submission, you can't be track.
That is the purpose of decentralized currency.

Yes, there's no way for the government to track if someone has bitcoin. And technically government can't have any control with your bitcoin assets nor have any access with it.
classictee

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2018, 05:34:40 AM

it will be a difficult task for the government to trace or track someone that use bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized currency that's not easy to trace but those making use of centralized exchange will be easier to track with the help of the exhange site.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
doodle07

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:39:02 AM

There were few possibilities that government could trace that you have bitcoin, but try to keep your privacy and stay unknown, make your every transaction safe and so thus your private keys.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

I think it's very easy, they just need to keep track of your bank account, but even then if you directly withdraw funds directly from your Bitcoin wallet...but if you make a withdrawal from the wallet exchanger I think the government will be very difficult to track your identity.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: