Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] SolidCoin - new and improved block chain. Secure from pools  (Read 85450 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:13:57 AM

The price is dropping because Bitcoin is king, Solidcoin was made by a jealous dude (jealous of Satoshi) and wanted to make a quick buck.  He did.  So did a few other people.

Way to go free market.  Nice idea...too bad the intention is way off.

As quickly as the price went up earlier this year there is the possibility that the price could drop just as fast.

Bitcoin is not king. Bitcoin is the first of its kind to get to this point.

I have my suspicions that bitcoin will not be the "king" in the end (i.e. 3 to 4 yaers from now).

just think when myspace was popular...then came facebook.

Bitcoin is king until some other digital currency dethrones it.  Otherwise, Ross Perot is President, not Obama.
"Will not be king?"  Did you just go from saying it isn't king to it is king in two lines?

Perception. You read it that way so it is that way to you. I was saying that it won't be "king" in the end, not implying it is "king" right now.

Your definition of king and mine are different.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:15:23 AM

The price is dropping because Bitcoin is king, Solidcoin was made by a jealous dude (jealous of Satoshi) and wanted to make a quick buck.  He did.  So did a few other people.

Way to go free market.  Nice idea...too bad the intention is way off.

As quickly as the price went up earlier this year there is the possibility that the price could drop just as fast.

Bitcoin is not king. Bitcoin is the first of its kind to get to this point.

I have my suspicions that bitcoin will not be the "king" in the end (i.e. 3 to 4 yaers from now).

just think when myspace was popular...then came facebook.

Bitcoin is king until some other digital currency dethrones it.  Otherwise, Ross Perot is President, not Obama.
"Will not be king?"  Did you just go from saying it isn't king to it is king in two lines?

Perception. You read it that way so it is that way to you. I was saying that it won't be "king" in the end, not implying it is "king" right now.

Your definition of king and mine are different.

Fair enough.
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:19:10 AM

100-more people with more coins is irrelevant to your profit.  Bad argument.
Need is not the same as want.  Bad argument.
If you couldn't care less, prove it and give them all to me sMXyNRxFVBBUANn2Zt51kb1AkDkY7B3VN8
That isn't all you did.  False argument.

Why would I give SolidCoins to someone who is awful at handling money like yourself?

I will hold SolidCoins to support people and businesses as time dictates, because unlike most people, I want a global currency that works. I've already tried supporting Bitcoin, it's not good enough. I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:41:34 AM

If you couldn't care less, prove it and give them all to me sMXyNRxFVBBUANn2Zt51kb1AkDkY7B3VN8

Why would I give SolidCoins to someone who is awful at handling money like yourself?

I will hold SolidCoins to support people and businesses as time dictates, because unlike most people, I want a global currency that works. I've already tried supporting Bitcoin, it's not good enough. I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Awful at handling money?  Where did that come from? 

If you want a real reason, and if you truly don't care less, you should give them to me because 1.)  I am ethical in the sense that I am a fair seller/buyer/participant in any economy who will not scam others and 2.)  I devote my time (even for a living) to try to help people.  I do social work.  Giving money to me will allow me to spend less cumulative time trying to secure my financial future so I can spend more of the remaining time helping others.

In 2 1/2 months I've made over 400% profit trading Bitcoins.  And that's with $100 initial investment.  The less money you have, the less money you make trading because of the fees even though the fee is a percentage.

No global currency will ever be entirely just.  It can't be.  Global currencies displace peoples' values onto something they otherwise wouldn't care less about -- a piece of paper, or a number in a computer.  Otherwise, these things would be meaningless to us.  But when it can suddenly buy you shit (only because everyone agrees that it can buy shit), it becomes associated with your identity (class system?). 

Keep in mind, this applies to Bitcoin too.  I'm not saying Bitcoin is perfect, or even that SolidCoin isn't better than Bitcoin.  In fact, I actually think SolidCoin is better than Bitcoin.  But Bitcoin right now is bigger.  Too much competition before any one single currency thrives can make them all fail.  Think of an ecosystem with too few resources (akin to a thin economy) where you have already-weak creatures trying to survive.  They will all die.  That is why I think people should focus and commit to Bitcoin to make it strong before any other digital currencies come along.

If AOL, yahoo, google, bing, etc. all sprang up at once, all fighting with the other, it is likely that none would have thrived the way they did.  They thrived because they built off the SUCCESS of the previous ones. This was demonstrated through increased simplicity.  AOL was the most complex to use, and Google, the current king, is the least complex to use (seriously, check out the Google homepage and tell me that isn't genius in simplicity).  I'm not saying it's impossible that a winner cant emerge from a small pack of infant currencies.  But the successor to Bitcoin will have a much better chance if they wait for Bitcoin to become successful and prove that the free market can work.  Otherwise, there will always be traditional fiat currency. 

If you donate a large portion of SC to me, I will even donate 50% of them to other SC users.  I will tell you who I sent them to and they can vouch for me that they received them.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 01:55:38 AM

Awful at handling money?  Where did that come from?  

If you want a real reason, and if you truly don't care less, you should give them to me because 1.)  I am ethical in the sense that I am a fair seller/buyer/participant in any economy who will not scam others and 2.)  I devote my time (even for a living) to try to help people.  I do social work.  Giving money to me will allow me to spend less cumulative time trying to secure my financial future so I can spend more of the remaining time helping others.

In 2 1/2 months I've made over 400% profit trading Bitcoins.  And that's with $100 initial investment.  The less money you have, the less money you make trading because of the fees even though the fee is a percentage.

No global currency will ever be entirely just.  It can't be.  Global currencies displace peoples' values onto something they otherwise wouldn't care less about -- a piece of paper, or a number in a computer.  Otherwise, these things would be meaningless to us.  But when it can suddenly buy you shit (only because everyone agrees that it can buy shit), it becomes associated with your identity (class system?).  

Keep in mind, this applies to Bitcoin too.  I'm not saying Bitcoin is perfect, or even that SolidCoin isn't better than Bitcoin.  In fact, I actually think SolidCoin is better than Bitcoin.  But Bitcoin right now is bigger.  Too much competition before any one single currency thrives can make them all fail.  Think of an ecosystem with too few resources (akin to a thin economy) where you have already-weak creatures trying to survive.  They will all die.  That is why I think people should focus and commit to Bitcoin to make it strong before any other digital currencies come along.

If AOL, yahoo, google, bing, etc. all sprang up at once, all fighting with the other, it is likely that none would have thrived the way they did.  They thrived because they built off the SUCCESS of the previous ones. This was demonstrated through increased simplicity.  AOL was the most complex to use, and Google, the current king, is the least complex to use (seriously, check out the Google homepage and tell me that isn't genius in simplicity).  I'm not saying it's impossible that a winner cant emerge from a small pack of infant currencies.  But the successor to Bitcoin will have a much better chance if they wait for Bitcoin to become successful and prove that the free market can work.  Otherwise, there will always be traditional fiat currency.  

If you donate a large portion of SC to me, I will even donate 50% of them to other SC users.  I will tell you who I sent them to and they can vouch for me that they received them.

Never thought I'd see the day we would have someone begging for solidcoins. LOL

Ya send me a bunch of solidcoins so I can distribute them for you. Send all of them so I can make sure everyone gets a fair share.

*wink* LAWL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:23:11 AM

If you want a real reason, and if you truly don't care less, you should give them to me because 1.)  I am ethical in the sense that I am a fair seller/buyer/participant in any economy who will not scam others and 2.)  I devote my time (even for a living) to try to help people.  I do social work.  Giving money to me will allow me to spend less cumulative time trying to secure my financial future so I can spend more of the remaining time helping others.

In 2 1/2 months I've made over 400% profit trading Bitcoins.  And that's with $100 initial investment.  The less money you have, the less money you make trading because of the fees even though the fee is a percentage.

No global currency will ever be entirely just.  It can't be.  Global currencies displace peoples' values onto something they otherwise wouldn't care less about -- a piece of paper, or a number in a computer.  Otherwise, these things would be meaningless to us.  But when it can suddenly buy you shit (only because everyone agrees that it can buy shit), it becomes associated with your identity (class system?).  

Keep in mind, this applies to Bitcoin too.  I'm not saying Bitcoin is perfect, or even that SolidCoin isn't better than Bitcoin.  In fact, I actually think SolidCoin is better than Bitcoin.  But Bitcoin right now is bigger.  Too much competition before any one single currency thrives can make them all fail.  Think of an ecosystem with too few resources (akin to a thin economy) where you have already-weak creatures trying to survive.  They will all die.  That is why I think people should focus and commit to Bitcoin to make it strong before any other digital currencies come along.

If AOL, yahoo, google, bing, etc. all sprang up at once, all fighting with the other, it is likely that none would have thrived the way they did.  They thrived because they built off the SUCCESS of the previous ones. This was demonstrated through increased simplicity.  AOL was the most complex to use, and Google, the current king, is the least complex to use (seriously, check out the Google homepage and tell me that isn't genius in simplicity).  I'm not saying it's impossible that a winner cant emerge from a small pack of infant currencies.  But the successor to Bitcoin will have a much better chance if they wait for Bitcoin to become successful and prove that the free market can work.  Otherwise, there will always be traditional fiat currency.  

If you donate a large portion of SC to me, I will even donate 50% of them to other SC users.  I will tell you who I sent them to and they can vouch for me that they received them.

Ya send me a bunch of solidcoins so I can distribute them for you. Send all of them so I can make sure everyone gets a fair share.

*wink* LAWL

You can be first on my list smoothie.  You think I'm kidding?
mike85123

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:24:15 AM

*wink* LAWL

Mr Fair said he would only donate 50% of the coins Hunter gave him. haha. doesn't seem fair to keep half of them for you..

Quote from: the joint
Send me a lot of your money, so I don't have to work as hard to have a secure financial future and then I can sit on my ass and help others...
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:26:48 AM

*wink* LAWL

Mr Fair said he would only donate 50% of the coins Hunter gave him. haha. doesn't seem fair to keep half of them for you..

Quote from: the joint
Send me a lot of your money, so I don't have to work as hard to have a secure financial future and then I can sit on my ass and help others...

He said he couldn't care less.  I, however, could care less, so I will take some.  He said to give him a good reason.  I gave him one.   I'll at least help spread it around.  That way, he can be virtuous and keep some money, I can be virtuous and keep some money, and you get some too.  You can be 2nd on my list.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:52:29 AM

He said he couldn't care less.  I, however, could care less, so I will take some.  He said to give him a good reason.  I gave him one.   I'll at least help spread it around.  That way, he can be virtuous and keep some money, I can be virtuous and keep some money, and you get some too.  You can be 2nd on my list.

I couldn't care less about "gaining money" from SolidCoins, I don't need any extra money. However I'll give them to people and businesses and do my part to support a growing economy. I'm not going to give them to BTC trolls or people that aren't supportive of SolidCoin. I get a lot more joy from helping out people that don't have much and helping them gain financial freedom.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks. The sites I have generating BTC go straight into SolidCoins. If I lose it all it doesn't impact me financially as this is more like a hobby, especially given the insecurity surrounding Bitcoin and p2p currencies recently. I'm not investing any more into it besides what I generate from the sites themselves.

So everyone who wants to mine and dump SC for relatively low amounts they are welcome to on the exchanges, I appreciate it. They are supporting SolidCoin by allowing me to continue giving funds to real businesses in SolidCoins. It's a nice circle.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 02:59:58 AM

He said he couldn't care less.  I, however, could care less, so I will take some.  He said to give him a good reason.  I gave him one.   I'll at least help spread it around.  That way, he can be virtuous and keep some money, I can be virtuous and keep some money, and you get some too.  You can be 2nd on my list.

I couldn't care less about "gaining money" from SolidCoins, I don't need any extra money. However I'll give them to people and businesses and do my part to support a growing economy. I'm not going to give them to BTC trolls or people that aren't supportive of SolidCoin. I get a lot more joy from helping out people that don't have much and helping them gain financial freedom.

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks. The sites I have generating BTC go straight into SolidCoins. If I lose it all it doesn't impact me financially as this is more like a hobby, especially given the insecurity surrounding Bitcoin and p2p currencies recently. I'm not investing any more into it besides what I generate from the sites themselves.

So everyone who wants to mine and dump SC for relatively low amounts they are welcome to on the exchanges, I appreciate it. They are supporting SolidCoin by allowing me to continue giving funds to real businesses in SolidCoins. It's a nice circle.

And I'm bad with money?  Holy shit...

Forget what I said.  Give it to smoothie and that Mike guy.  Actually, you should keep it.  All of it.  

You get the bullshit award of the year.  There's one and only one good reason that I can think of explaining why you aren't investing any more $ into it, and it's not the one you described, but we both know what it is.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:04:02 AM

And with those two posts, I'm officially a Bitcoin HERO MEMBER.  Suck it.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:09:11 AM

I've moved all my BTC and USD into SolidCoins (not that much anyhow, only about $10,000) simply because I'm unsure about Bitcoin's future and don't want to be left with worthless coins in a few weeks.
Oh man I can't stop laughing!!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:12:36 AM

And I'm bad with money?  Holy shit...

Forget what I said.  Give it to smoothie and that Mike guy.  Actually, you should keep it.  All of it.  

You get the bullshit award of the year.  There's one and only one good reason that I can think of explaining why you aren't investing any more $ into it, and it's not the one you described, but we both know what it is.

Yes you are bad with money and you've proved it by begging over the internet for a few thousand dollars. Get a hold of yourself. If you want to make money your best bet right now is to invest in SolidCoins, don't say I didn't warn you.

I'm not investing any more fiat money into any cryptocurrency until SolidCoin solves the problem of getting fiat cash into the system easier. The BTC funds I get from the sites I run are still "money" and it's continually being reinvested into SolidCoins, daily. But after a bad run in with getting money into and out of Bitcoin exchanges (ie losing money to stupid exchanges) I'm not doing it until I or someone else makes it easier to do the fiat in and out.

I haven't had any experience with Ruxum yet (they are opening a USD -> SC exchange) though so maybe they will make it better than I've experienced.

Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:15:57 AM

Gee, it's awful nice of you to hold the bag for everyone.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:17:10 AM

CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:24:17 AM

Gee, it's awful nice of you to hold the bag for everyone.

It's hardly a safety net for everyone, I'm am making about 12-15BTC a day on my sites. Considering there is about ~5000 BTC in one of the exchanges it will take some time before it makes any real difference. Just doing my part for the project like others are. And if you got the chip off your shoulder hopefully you can also be a part of it.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:35:36 AM

$10,000 eh?

26,213 blocks
X 32 Coins per block = 838,816 SC

~ 58.8 SC/BTC

8.84 BTC/USD

10,000/8.84 ~ 1131 BTC

1131 * 58.8 ~ 66,616 SC

66.616 / 838,816...

Congratulations.  You control ~8% of the market by yourself.  And then you say there are probably many others with more SC than you...

You want a currency that actually works?  With like 5 people that control half the market?

Yeah.  Nice circle indeed.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:36:20 AM

The price is dropping because Bitcoin is king, Solidcoin ixcoin was made by a jealous dude (jealous of Satoshi) and wanted to make a quick buck.

Fixed it for you. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:42:54 AM

I've been looking into Solidcoins in fact I've been mining a lot lately I finally got to see what it was like to Solo mine and its entertaining. I have some doubts about solid coin although I can see that its has its pros as well as its cons. Solidcoin could be a real competitor to Bitcoin in terms of value, and its proved to gain that pretty quick over the past week. I plan on integrating SolidCoin in the few months sometime... however, if you compensated my time I could probably get SolidCoin integrated as another accepted currency in my store I could have it fully integrated and tested within a week. Here is my website: www.CheaperInBitcoins.com (HTTPS site is almost up to register/login for now go to http://cheaperinbitcoins.com/login.php)
Thanks! Xenland
CoinHunter (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 03:44:17 AM

Congratulations.  You control ~8% of the market by yourself.  And then you say there are probably many others with more SC than you...
You want a currency that actually works?  With like 5 people that control half the market?

Yeah.  Nice circle indeed.

Nice math, but like I said, many has left my hands and you have no idea what price I got Smiley I didn't take my money out of Mtgox until after speaking with them (around .035 price). I have about 10500 in holdings currently. You can also find many others on IRC donating to people and businesses. I haven't donated the most by far.

And if it's only going to be me supporting the currency (which I am not trying to do) then of course the currency will end up in my hands as I'm putting all my daily generated BTC back into it. Hopefully others can join and start also obtaining their wealth from it. If not then I guess others will be BTC rich and I'll be BTC poor. Smiley Like I said, it doesn't affect me financially so I don't really mind if that outcome does  come to fruition, I just want a better and faster network for my businesses and others too.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: