Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:40:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 515 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014  (Read 1106495 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 04:28:57 AM

thanks for the feedback guys -

so mooncoin is a ghost ship at the moment? , I guess this is a testament to the way in which Crypto works, it's great really.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KlondikeBear

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:42:54 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 09:08:06 AM by KlondikeBear

so mooncoin is a ghost ship at the moment? , I guess this is a testament to the way in which Crypto works, it's great really.

Not sure it's a ghost ship, but probably you mean that it's unsinkable like it, and you are right - the story of MOON creating now is legendary.

'Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die'.

the Nash equilibrium?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 09:47:56 AM

Not sure it's a ghost ship, but probably you mean that it's unsinkable like it, and you are right - the story of MOON creating now is legendary.

'Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die'.

Ahh actually that's what is was saying essentially,  it is a testament to the robust decentralized nature in which a bootstrapped system works, to this degree moon is ahead of Bitcoin certainly.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
redjedievolution
Legendary

Activity: 1045

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:48:25 AM

I don't wanna think that something bad happened to deaconboogie, but... this looks bad for him...
nothing bad happened in relation to him on this forum, or reddit or whatever...  I can't understand why nobody answers about him...

But, we are here to support mooncoin, to refloat this ship. Mooncoin has value, its well designed, we are its community, and with a very good fork, well explained, with time, and implementing static rewards.
Mooncoin has great future.

AMEN.

All is an illusion, there is only energy flowing
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:55:58 AM

Why here is so quiet? There is captain on this ship?  Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
peme

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:09:47 PM

For compiling the mac wallet with fixed block reward I will setup my own mac os x with QT and C++ development environment within next week.
After that I will have Windows-, Linux-, and Mac-developement environments to deliver new wallets with static block reward for all platforms.  Cool Grin
peme

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:18:07 PM

And about logo: the best one is the first one, created by deaconboogie.
People remember it. I mean people who were trading MOON at the beginning of year, when MOON BTC trade volumes sometimes were higher than DOGE volumes.
And it's not bad in fact. 
I suggest to keep this logo at remembrance of MOON creator.

I also prefer to keep the first logo created by deaconboogie.
redjedievolution
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

me too...

I think that a fork from the community and not from original developer is just enough changes... If we change logo too, this coin could appear a new coin.

And i think we must give people the understanding that this is the original mooncoin, and we are only changing little thing about rewards because is better for the coin, instead of begin to change things on it.

What you think people?

People remember it. I mean people who were trading MOON at the beginning of year, when MOON BTC trade volumes sometimes were higher than DOGE volumes.

agswinner
Legendary

Activity: 1375
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 02:12:33 PM

me too...

I think that a fork from the community and not from original developer is just enough changes... If we change logo too, this coin could appear a new coin.

And i think we must give people the understanding that this is the original mooncoin, and we are only changing little thing about rewards because is better for the coin, instead of begin to change things on it.

What you think people?

I prefer deaconbogie logo

Mooncoin Community New Fund address : MLfg3H5V81ZKBHA8qe35U2L28T2sgXkY1L
Web wallet : https://cointopay.com , Mooncoin web :  http://mooncoin.com
http://twitter.com/mooncoinitalia , https://www.facebook.com/mooncoin.italia/
gogota

Activity: 60

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:30:05 AM

me too...

What you think people?

I prefer deaconbogie logo

Please check out some of the previously submitted logo :

http://mooncoinv2.blogspot.com/2014/06/mooncoin-new-logo-choose-one.html

change appearance , never change the algo. My suggestion
coinflow
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:59:26 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 07:20:52 AM by coinflow

Says the one, who wanted to reduce the rewards by half back then:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389403.msg6864609;topicseen#msg6864609
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389403.msg8974003;topicseen#msg8974003
 Huh

We have to maintain the code gently, in order to prevent miners cheating, and even out bugs, which will further add to the good reputation of Mooncoin. Only one who doesn't care about the miners, can really be against this. And we need good miners, as every other PoW-coin does.
Regarding changing the appearance, others have already mentioned above, why we should keep from changing it: brand-recognition.
If MOON doesn't make it with its inherent values, it already has and represents, it won't make it with a new design either.

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 07:20:24 AM

Huh

We have to maintain the code gently, in order to prevent miners cheating and even out bugs, which will further add to the good reputation of Mooncoin. Only one who doesn't care about the miners, can really be against this. And we need good miners, as every other PoW-coin does.
Regarding changing the appearance, others have already mentioned above, why we should keep from changing it: brand-recognition.
If MOON doesn't make it with its inherent values, it already has and represents, it won't make it with a new design either.

that last statement is kind of retarded but i fully support you, based on that the apple symbol would still be the multi coloured one - ( hey maybe you are right?) - and the Windows symbol woudl be the 3.1 design.

but i don't think it really matters at this stage of moon's life cycle.

the code obviously needs maintenance, but in the same sense it still functions so?...

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 07:40:10 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 09:14:38 AM by coinflow

Huh

We have to maintain the code gently, in order to prevent miners cheating and even out bugs, which will further add to the good reputation of Mooncoin. Only one who doesn't care about the miners, can really be against this. And we need good miners, as every other PoW-coin does.

that last statement is kind of retarded but i fully support you, based on that the apple symbol would still be the multi coloured one - ( hey maybe you are right?) - and the Windows symbol woudl be the 3.1 design.

but i don't think it really matters at this stage of moon's life cycle.

the code obviously needs maintenance, but in the same sense it still functions so?...

Have you looked at the designs he's linking? Those aren't slightly overworked original ones, like the ones you mentioned as a reference.
I did not say in any word, that we cannot overhaul the original-logo sometime, but a completely new logo NOW, only in the hope of "saving" Mooncoin??
So please read my postings in the way they are meant, before calling them retarded. We only speak about this time, not the time three years from today. To illustrate what I mean: Do you think Mercedes-Benz would abandon their three-pointed-star-logo completely, only to signal, that they have a new line of cars ...? A logo can be maintained (edit: /overhauled), too, of course. But a completely new one? Would you recommend that to Apple, Microsoft or Mercedes-Benz?

Edit:
Btw: I'm not even sure, if those logos are made by him, or if he only gathered them from the internet, which could lead to licensing issues, too, if the creators are not involved. Just saying.

Edit 2:
Only to illustrate the difference between a completely redesigned logo and an overhauled one, check out gjhiggins' one, here:
https://github.com/mooncoin-project/mooncoin-landann
This is something I could imagine (only the graphical-work could be better, so that we could have the 3D-appearance of the centered moon-surface again). In combination with communicating that this is only a temporary change to celebrate something, this is even more appealing. We could revert back to the original one afterwards. But this would have to be a concerted action and every place, that uses the old logo, would have to be informed twice, to change the logo. And we would have to issue two wallets with different logos.
What I was suggesting to gjhiggins when he was working on the landann-wallet-experiment, was to implement a function, that the user himself can use the graphic, he'd like to have in his wallet. That way he/she could, for example, choose from the graphics gogotan is linking, or from any other source, so even could set a picture of his/her beloved into the wallet, just like some do in a physical wallet. By that, the wallet could be kind of "personalized". Maybe that could be the way to go ...? Only an idea.
In the end still the real question is, if a new design will outweigh the loss of brand-recognition in terms of "good things" to happen. There are many new coins with completely new appearances popping up to the surface every day. If the tag "new" was as good as it is perceived by many, they should take the cryptoworld by storm, right?

coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:18:48 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 11:57:53 AM by coinflow

After informing www.cointweak.com, that we have a new block explorer, so that they have a new API to pull the relevant-data from, Mooncoin is back in their list as a top-ranking Scrypt-coin.  Smiley
Now we only have to solve the reward-problem, so that really ALL miners can get that shown profitability.

peme

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:28:06 PM

After informing www.cointweak.com, that we have a new block explorer, so that they have a new API to pull the relevant-data from, Mooncoin is back in their list as a top-ranking Scrypt-coin.  Smiley
Now we only have to solve the reward-problem, so that really ALL miners can get that shown profitability.

great.  Smiley

by the way: did someone already inform coinwarz to update to the working block explorer etc.:
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/mooncoin-mining-calculator
coinflow
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:38:10 PM

great.  Smiley

by the way: did someone already inform coinwarz to update to the working block explorer etc.:

I wrote them too:

Hi,

any idea, why I get the message "Warning: Mooncoin is no longer being monitored as of 9/11/2014. " on the Mooncoin-page?

and "Unhealthy" as status?

It is still alive/healthy. Check out www.moonchain.net (block explorer) and mooncoin.rocks (new site).

But only got this:

Hello,

That message indicates that CoinWarz.com is no longer hosting the Mooncoin client and is no longer monitoring any activity fro this cryptocurrency due to lack of an active BTC market for more than 120 days.

Thanks!

CoinWarz Support
Sad

Edit:
I then answered this:

But you know, that MOON still is one of the coins with huge volume, even if in LTC??
More than most of the small BTC-traded-ones. Just check out Cryptsy.

But got no response anymore.

peme

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:56:17 PM

great.  Smiley

I wrote them too:

Hi,

any idea, why I get the message "Warning: Mooncoin is no longer being monitored as of 9/11/2014. " on the Mooncoin-page?

and "Unhealthy" as status?

It is still alive/healthy. Check out www.moonchain.net (block explorer) and mooncoin.rocks (new site).

But only got this:

Hello,

That message indicates that CoinWarz.com is no longer hosting the Mooncoin client and is no longer monitoring any activity fro this cryptocurrency due to lack of an active BTC market for more than 120 days.

Thanks!

CoinWarz Support
Sad

Edit:
I then answered this:

But you know, that MOON still is one of the coins with huge volume, even if in LTC??
More than most of the small BTC-traded-ones. Just check out Cryptsy.

But got no response anymore.

Nice and thanks for your work coinflow. Let's contact them again within the next 6 month when Mooncoin/BTC market will be back again and no one needs the Mooncoin/LTC market anymore.  Cool
redjedievolution
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:27:03 PM

I love your work Coinflow! Kiss

redjedievolution
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:18:52 PM

damn! i didn't realized that my bids at 10 was filled, somebody put +50ltcs again on 10  Angry

secbul

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

damn! i didn't realized that my bids at 10 was filled, somebody put +50ltcs again on 10  Angry

You cannot beat dusty/rusty mooninvestors sell  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 515 »
  Print  

Jump to: