Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:06:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276349 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mcjavar

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:19:16 PM

I´ve logged in to the old counterwallet to transfer my funds to the new one, but although I logged in with the same password like before, it takes me to a different account. My XCPs and BTCs are not shown and I am pretty sure that the addresses are different, too.

any idea or suggestion?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:04:11 PM

Hi all,

I created a simple website which allows to lookup any unspent output from every address:

http://redeem.bitwatch.co/

Furthermore a raw transaction can be created which collects and combines unspent outputs whereby outputs from multiple addresses can be used.

The most important feature: standard multi signature outputs are included and it's very easy to redeem Mastercoin or Counterparty dust.

The basis for this was sipa's awesome address indexed Bitcoin branch which received some further additions.

Please note: this is experimental and feedback is appreciated. Smiley

halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 02:36:28 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 05:15:12 AM by halfcab123

MARKETING / COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT STATEMENT:

As you all know, I had been working on a commercial with a colleague of mine. We had spent many hours getting the proper studio reservations and filming multiple angle shots with very high-dollar equipment lights & audio etc., Everything turned out great and we were both very excited.

Unfortunately, due to a personal conflict, we have parted ways professionally. That being said, the audio from my telephone conversation with LED_LCD, as well as over an hour of incredible quality video are no longer in my possession. This split, also brings with it, the inability for me to use the studio which was so graciously made available to us. I do not foresee these events changing for the better in the near future.

On a brighter note, being that I have the public speaking ability, macbook + final cut pro X, as well as 15 years of Video Editing experience and experience in the industry of film, including a decently large portfolio of videos including a feature length @ youtube.com/halfcab123 I have turned to my own wallet (literally,) in the spirit of this great community and technological undertaking to purchase my own equipment; however if possible I could use some help. I do not expect to be paid a penny for this work, I only ask that if possible anything you can contribute would be great. I have just purchased a Nikon DSLR D3200 which I will be using to completely take the task of this commercial under my own advisement.

Any assets which are purchased with the communities donation, I will be turning over to Counterparty Marketing at their request; whether that means I am requested to film additional content, or actually have the items shipped somewhere else. At this time, I need to raise money for:

• Tripod
  • Backdrop
  • Lavalier mic
  • lighting equip.

Total: $525 (1.8 BTC)

If I can raise the 1.17 BTC to help with this initiative I will greatfully spend the rest out of my own pocket, (if needed)

Here's the saved wishlist on TigerDirect -- > http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/wishlist/wishlist.asp?WishId=E7B71AF6-E486-431A-BD59-0973A7F4CA39

Now I brace for criticism, which I'm sure will be humorous from some. But I leave you with these questions; Who is currently working on a commercial? If no one, than why not me? In addition do we need a commercial ? Do you think it will impact both the price of XCP and the notoriety of the protocol and all of its associated initiatives? If so then why not let me give this a shot?

DONATION ADDRESS: 13CVPDZRvAHiKtNJm3x36jREPDdtocXf4p

Current Donors:
LED_LCD  0.1

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
BitcoinTangibleTrust

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:28:16 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 04:48:02 PM by BitcoinTangibleTrust

Hi all,

I created a simple website which allows to lookup any unspent output from every address:

Furthermore a raw transaction can be created which collects and combines unspent outputs whereby outputs from multiple addresses can be used.

The most important feature: standard multi signature outputs are included and it's very easy to redeem Mastercoin or Counterparty dust.

The basis for this was sipa's awesome address indexed Bitcoin branch which received some further additions.

The dexX7 strikes again! Thank you for sharing this!

EDIT: This transaction transfers 0.19173119 Bitcoin!! Whoa! Free money!

Digital Tangible
Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto http://www.digitaltangibletrust.com
BitcoinTangibleTrust

Activity: 111

Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 04:31:59 PM

With Counterparty Protocol technology, we are the tip of the serrated, bleeding, and profitable edge of bitcoin2.0 innovation! We don't need to wait for sidechains!

April 10, 2014 - Abstract:      
The next major wave of Bitcoin regulation will likely be aimed at financial instruments, including securities and derivatives, as well as prediction markets and even gambling. While there are many easily regulated intermediaries when it comes to traditional securities and derivatives, emerging bitcoin-denominated instruments rely much less on traditional intermediaries. Additionally, the block chain technology that Bitcoin introduced for the first time makes completely decentralized markets and exchanges possible, thus eliminating the need for intermediaries in complex financial transactions.

In this article we survey the type of financial instruments and transactions that will most likely be of interest to regulators, including traditional securities and derivatives, new bitcoin-denominated instruments, and completely decentralized markets and exchanges. We find that bitcoin derivatives would likely not be subject to the full scope of regulation under the Commodities and Exchange Act because such derivatives would likely involve physical delivery (as opposed to cash settlement) and would not be capable of being centrally cleared. We also find that some laws, including those aimed at online gambling, do not contemplate a payment method like Bitcoin, thus placing many transactions in a legal gray area.

Following the approach to Bitcoin taken by FinCEN, we conclude that other financial regulators should consider exempting or excluding certain financial transactions denominated in Bitcoin from the full scope of the regulations, much like private securities offerings and forward contracts are treated. We also suggest that to the extent that regulation and enforcement becomes more costly than its benefits, policymakers should consider and pursue strategies consistent with that new reality, such as efforts to encourage resilience and adaptation.

Download your copy and go build something awesome on Counterparty today!: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n76dosa3hcaldqi/SSRN-id2423461.pdf

Digital Tangible
Digitizing Valuable Hard Assets with Crypto http://www.digitaltangibletrust.com
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:07:53 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2014, 06:49:19 PM by xnova

We're received a report of a loss (e.g. potential theft) of ~0.385 BTC from a Counterwallet user. No XCP or any other asset was removed, and the loss was from a "new wallet" (counterwallet.co) address that the user manually moved BTC to from their old (old.counterwallet.co) wallet. The funds went to: https://blockchain.info/address/1K31gDdh5n1GjXtbR8G2WpqnZawWEroQGD

At this point, with a single user report, we don't believe this is an issue with the wallet itself, but we are asking anyone with BTC in their wallet that have used the new wallet version (with the changed addresses) to log in and verify their funds are still intact. If this is NOT the case, and you have experienced an unexpected loss of BTC especially, please, after doublechecking things email dev@counterparty.co directly, with a report (include screenshots as well).

The difference from the "old" counterwallet to the "new" counterwallet was basically an update of bitcoinjs-lib (the javascript bitcoin library we use). We are in touch with the bitcoinjs-lib team about a potential issue here. Interestingly, from checking from the for the transaction that transferred the BTC, we can tell that this is not a transaction that Counterwallet produced itself (at least through our normal "send" functionality, as our transactions always use fees in multiples of 0.0002 BTC).

As a precautionary measure, to avoid the risk of issue in the future (even if this specific loss of funds incident does not involve counterwallet code), we are currently in the process of attempting to modify the previous version of bitcoinjs-lib -- that we have used successfully from Counterwallet launch to yesterday -- to work with the new wallet addresses (i.e. correct HD Wallet addresses). If we are successful with this, we will resume using this previous version, and stick with it until there is a) a major point release of bitcoinjs that b) we can independently verify.

Once this issue has been fully resolved, we will be in a better position to assess the root causes, as well the impact. Thanks for your patience.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
danielpbarron

Activity: 212

Daniel P. Barron

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 05:14:54 PM

We're received a report of a loss (e.g. potential theft) of ~0.385 BTC from a Counterwallet user. No XCP or any other asset was removed, and the loss was from a "new wallet" (counterwallet.co) address that the user manually moved BTC to from their old (old.counterwallet.co) wallet. The funds went to: https://blockchain.info/address/1K31gDdh5n1GjXtbR8G2WpqnZawWEroQGD

At this point, we don't believe this is an issue with the wallet itself, but we are asking anyone with BTC in their wallet that have used the new wallet version (with the changed addresses) to log in and verify their funds are still intact. If this is NOT the case, and you have experienced an unexpected loss (of BTC especially), please (after doublechecking things) email dev@counterparty.co directly, with a report (include screenshots as well).

For now, we advise people to minimize their use of the new wallet system, but we are keeping the new system up to allow continued access to funds (and if it appears that this issue is affecting other users, we will change our stance here).

The difference from the "old" counterwallet to the "new" counterwallet was basically an update of bitcoinjs-lib (the javascript bitcoin library we use). We are in touch with the bitcoinjs-lib team about a potential issue here.

As a precautionary measure, to avoid the risk of issue in the future (even if this specific loss of funds incident does not involve counterwallet code), we are currently in the process of modifying the previous version of bitcoinjs-lib -- that we have used successfully from Counterwallet launch to yesterday -- to work with the new wallet addresses (i.e. correct HD Wallet addresses). Once this work is complete, we will resume using this previous version, and stick with it until there is a) a major point release of bitcoinjs that b) we can independently verify.

Once this issue has been fully resolved, we will be in a better position to assess the root causes, as well the impact. Thanks for your patience.

I am the user referred to here. Ask me anything.

Marriage is a permanent bond (or should be) between a man and a woman. Scripture reveals a man has the freedom to have this marriage bond with more than one woman, if he so desires. But, anything beyond this is a perversion. -- Darwin Fish
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:39:47 PM

At this point, we don't believe this is an issue with the wallet itself, but we are asking anyone with BTC in their wallet that have used the new wallet version (with the changed addresses) to log in and verify their funds are still intact. If this is NOT the case, and you have experienced an unexpected loss (of BTC especially), please (after doublechecking things) email dev@counterparty.co directly, with a report (include screenshots as well).

For now, we advise people to minimize their use of the new wallet system, but we are keeping the new system up to allow continued access to funds (and if it appears that this issue is affecting other users, we will change our stance here).

The difference from the "old" counterwallet to the "new" counterwallet was basically an update of bitcoinjs-lib (the javascript bitcoin library we use). We are in touch with the bitcoinjs-lib team about a potential issue here.

As a precautionary measure, to avoid the risk of issue in the future (even if this specific loss of funds incident does not involve counterwallet code), we are currently in the process of modifying the previous version of bitcoinjs-lib -- that we have used successfully from Counterwallet launch to yesterday -- to work with the new wallet addresses (i.e. correct HD Wallet addresses). Once this work is complete, we will resume using this previous version, and stick with it until there is a) a major point release of bitcoinjs that b) we can independently verify.

How can it be verified that you are in fact the real Daniel P Barron?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:28:43 PM

Is this VHS or Beta?

I've mentioned it before and I need to mention it again.  I'm a little dismayed that MSC is moving up in price while XCP is moving down.  I like XCP better for some reason, although I'm not completely sure why.  I think MSC's initial lack of progress turned me off.

Any really sober and unemotional comments on this?
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:35:53 PM

Master coin has maid safe coin fundraiser using it, which is hoping to raise 8mil using master coin tokens, therefore this is quite big for msc and could push the price up a lot further.
cityglut

Activity: 216

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:41:21 PM

Master coin has maid safe coin fundraiser using it, which is hoping to raise 8mil using master coin tokens, therefore this is quite big for msc and could push the price up a lot further.

Yes I was interested to see that. Should we as a community reach out to the maid safe people and see if there is interest in launching on counterparty as well?

BTW is Adam Levine still planning on launching LTB coin on CP? Anyone know?

Adam has been on vacation, but, as I understand it will be coming back soon and launching LTBCoin shortly after his return.
danielpbarron

Activity: 212

Daniel P. Barron

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 07:42:41 PM

How can it be verified that you are in fact the real Daniel P Barron?

Who is "the real Daniel P Barron?"

I can prove I am who I claim to be; that is, the user in question regarding this loss of BTC.

Here is a signature to prove it:

IOEePDmMr0Yu/PoD3vf+cHTV254F8xMhqLlc5kcLN4U7bVzGe1mB42s14h9bdVOco34NsqUzzIeTlsBbUocRN2s=

Marriage is a permanent bond (or should be) between a man and a woman. Scripture reveals a man has the freedom to have this marriage bond with more than one woman, if he so desires. But, anything beyond this is a perversion. -- Darwin Fish
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

Can the counterwallet be used or tweaked to receive and send mastercoins?

The protocols are totally incompatible, as is basic architecture of Counterwallet, which uses counterpartyd as a backend.
mcjavar

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:45:12 PM

At this point, with a single user report, we don't believe this is an issue with the wallet itself, but we are asking anyone with BTC in their wallet that have used the new wallet version (with the changed addresses) to log in and verify their funds are still intact. If this is NOT the case, and you have experienced an unexpected loss of BTC especially, please, after doublechecking things email dev@counterparty.co directly, with a report (include screenshots as well).

The difference from the "old" counterwallet to the "new" counterwallet was basically an update of bitcoinjs-lib (the javascript bitcoin library we use). We are in touch with the bitcoinjs-lib team about a potential issue here. Interestingly, from checking from the for the transaction that transferred the BTC, we can tell that this is not a transaction that Counterwallet produced itself (at least through our normal "send" functionality, as our transactions always use fees in multiples of 0.0002 BTC).

As a precautionary measure, to avoid the risk of issue in the future (even if this specific loss of funds incident does not involve counterwallet code), we are currently in the process of attempting to modify the previous version of bitcoinjs-lib -- that we have used successfully from Counterwallet launch to yesterday -- to work with the new wallet addresses (i.e. correct HD Wallet addresses). If we are successful with this, we will resume using this previous version, and stick with it until there is a) a major point release of bitcoinjs that b) we can independently verify.

Sent you an email with screenshots. When I log in with the same passphrase I now get different addresses and the one with the BTCX and XCP is gone..
mcjavar

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

Hi all,

+1

How does this work?
frozen123

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:52:33 PM

Sent you an email with screenshots. When I log in with the same passphrase I now get different addresses and the one with the BTCX and XCP is gone..
xnova:"If you had an existing account, you will need to create a new account on this system, and then log into https://old.counterwallet.co to transfer over your existing balance to your new account created on this system. The old.counterwallet.co system provides you the ability to view your private keys, so you can use the "sweep" feature to easily move the balances over. We will keep this old.counterwallet.co system running for a few weeks to allow individuals to transfer their balances, however, please move over to the new system (i.e. this site) as soon as possible."

crypto era

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:56:16 PM

Is this VHS or Beta?

I've mentioned it before and I need to mention it again.  I'm a little dismayed that MSC is moving up in price while XCP is moving down.  I like XCP better for some reason, although I'm not completely sure why.  I think MSC's initial lack of progress turned me off.

There are people getting there XCP out of there blockchain.info wallet were it was burned and dumping them. They are suppressing the rise in the price. Mastercoin is better in price because they were "first". They spent a lot time hyping it up without doing anything and MSC can also be easily manipulated to sustain the price. Not all but some people are using XCP as another coin to frantically make quick money because it's still above initial investment. I wouldn't even classify it as a coin. I'd call it a tool to unlocking crypto currencies true potential. That would separate and maybe make Counterparty stand out from anything else. I feel what could make or break anything is all in the marketing. I went a little off topic from your post but what im trying to say is everything that is superior in Counterparty needs to be pushed all throughout bitcoin media. Mastercoin did that a lot in late 2013 and I think Counterparty should get prepared to do a little more because it's sometimes hard for any product to become widely used and excepted among common people by just being superior without a little shouting from the roof tops in my opinion.

That's all just my two cents
Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

Is this VHS or Beta?

Sober not completely but unemotional yes:

A, still, good argument against POB is that, while it is the most fair distribution model available, it leaves little room for development. Phantom and Xnova have been paying the whole ride out of their own pockets up till this very day. MSC had a rather badass development fund from the start.

MSC can light a cigar, lean back and plan the strategy while Counterparty can only do so much planning after coming home from work at 6:30.

MSC was the first. It has a community with interests they are determined to defend. Counterparty only just got here.

In short: I suppose MSC's community support and 'anciennety' make it a more interesting object for speculation.

(the Vulcan High Council just informed me that this comment is not entirely unemotional also. I beg you pardon)

burp...
frozen123

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

Yes I was interested to see that. Should we as a community reach out to the maid safe people and see if there is interest in launching on counterparty as well?

BTW is Adam Levine still planning on launching LTB coin on CP? Anyone know?
Permacredits might become the first application to launch on top of the Counterparty protocol (XCP)  article link: http://www.coinssource.com/permacredits-launch-top-counterparty/    
Bitcoin magazine artcle link:   http://bitcoinmagazine.com/12115/permacredits-future-sustainable-living/  mentioned Counterparty agian.     Permacredits link:          http://permacredits.com/
about ltbcoin   the answer is: yes   see the article from ltb   :  Is LTBcoin Jumping the Gun with Counterparty?   http://letstalkbitcoin.com/is-ltbcoin-jumping-the-gun-with-counterparty/#.U07keWfbyUl
You can also check this post, the information collected by community members : Counterparty assets list:   https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,196.msg1920/topicseen.html#msg1920

Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:50:01 PM

Is this VHS or Beta?

Sober not completely but unemotional yes:

A, still, good argument against POB is that, while it is the most fair distribution model available, it leaves little room for development. Phantom and Xnova have been paying the whole ride out of their own pockets up till this very day. MSC had a rather badass development fund from the start.

MSC can light a cigar, lean back and plan the strategy while Counterparty can only do so much planning after coming home from work at 6:30.

MSC was the first. It has a community with interests they are determined to defend. Counterparty only just got here.

In short: I suppose MSC's community support and 'anciennety' make it a more interesting object for speculation.

(the Vulcan High Council just informed me that this comment is not entirely unemotional also. I beg you pardon)

The Counterparty team is all full-time.

Counterparty is clearly leading the space with regards to technology.

Pages: « 1 ... 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 [356] 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: