Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276295 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:39:30 AM

Counterparty Team,

I found your donation address is invalid here(https://counterparty.co/bug-bounty-program/):

DONATION ADDRESS: 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL

THE LETTERS ARE ALL UPPERCASE WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE.

My bitcoin address: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk        Grin

Also sent email to: bounties@counterparty.co

LOL oops

That's just a vanity address we generated with our quantum computer. Wink

(But even quantum computers probably can't do that.)

My concern is that if donors send BTC to 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL, it will be burned, because nobody know the private key of 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL. Moreover, you can't find any information at blockchain.info of 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL. All the donations to 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL will be burned without benefit back.

In fact, 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL is not a valid address, it does not comply the rule of bitcoins address, right?

It's not a vanity address, but it could actually be one (if it weren't invalid! in fact, the entropy isn't very high at all). But no Bitcoin client lets you send money to invalid addresses.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Probably

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:40:07 AM

Counterparty Team,

I found your donation address is invalid here(https://counterparty.co/bug-bounty-program/):

http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t610/520bit/BUG_zpsae12ace2.jpg

LOL oops

That's just a vanity address we generated with our quantum computer. Wink

(But even quantum computers probably can't do that.)

My concern is that if donors send BTC to 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL, it will be burned, because nobody know the private key of 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL. Moreover, you can't find any information at blockchain.info of 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL. All the donations to 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL will be burned without benefit back.

In fact, 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL is not a valid address, it does not comply the rule of bitcoins address, right?

It is just being styled to uppercase by CSS

code:
<h2 class="subtitle">Donation Address: 14Tf35AovvRVURzd623q5i9kry2EW8WzyL</h2>

relevant css:

media="all"
div.title-name h2 {
text-transform: uppercase;
}

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:54:14 AM

Hi PhantomPhreak

Running into the following issue with the latest DEVELOP commit

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 723, in <module>
    blocks.follow(db)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 788, in follow
    block_index = reorg(db)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 682, in reorg
    reparse(db, block_index=block_index-1, quiet=True)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 618, in reparse
    cursor.execute('''DELETE FROM blocks WHERE block_index > ?''', (block_index,))
  File "c:\apsw\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
apsw.ConstraintError: ConstraintError: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:04:17 AM

Hi PhantomPhreak

File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\counterpartyd.py", line 723, in <module>
    blocks.follow(db)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 788, in follow
    block_index = reorg(db)
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 682, in reorg
  File "C:\counterpartyd_build\dist\counterpartyd\lib\blocks.py", line 618, in reparse

I responded to your PM. If anyone else has this issue, even after doing a manual reparse, let me know.
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:20:07 AM

B. This is a great idea, and we get to buy in to the business when the construction on the building isn't even finished yet. That means it's quite undervalued, since most people buy what they can see, and not what they can imagine. I have to endure some technical issues, and there is a genuine risk that things may all fall apart before this is ready for prime time, but I am willing to take that chance and deal with the inconveniences because I'm getting in for cheap at the start of something that could be quite revolutionary and lucrative. Not only do I stand to gain significantly as an early adopter, but I am also able to influence the design and trajectory of this project through thoughtful input.
EDIT: And this thread is full of responsive, intelligent people, including the devs, who are willing to help solve whatever problems I encounter.

I choose B. I hope you do, too.

Well said. I will save this for future reference.
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:27:19 AM

Why are we rebuilding again? Shocked
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:28:16 AM

Can anyone give me a quick synopsis on what counterparty is and how I can get it and why I should get this over ethereum?

Full disclosure, I recently took a position working under Counterparty's core developers. That said, the way Counterparty is structured, I am not above anyone else. Anyone in the community can donate time, money, or hire someone to complete a specific project they feel is important.

I did invest in Mastercoin and I'll also invest in Ethereum when it's released. These 2.0 projects are the next killer application of bitcoin. Here is a list of attributes that I believe are unique to Counterparty. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

- Live
- Fair initial distribution
- Developers share risk equally
- Quick development
- Donation driven
- Open source
- No IPO
- No fees

mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:28:59 AM

Hi PhantomPhreak

blocks.follow(db)
    block_index = reorg(db)

I responded to your PM. If anyone else has this issue, even after doing a manual reparse, let me know.

Thanks.. but I think there is something not right with the reparse on the latest commit. After doing the reparse it corrupts an existing version 9 DB. At first I thought it might have been a disk issue but I've tried this on multiple servers and have run into the same issue

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:26:29 AM

Counterparty Team,

Thanks for the heads up. There was some work on the site that modified the layout some, but caused this regression. This should be fixed now.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
metraX

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:26:45 AM

I'll post again,  Busoni will you kindly Release:

• the text of emails exchanged between you and the hacker + email headers;
  • the email address he used on poloniex;
  • the nick name he used in poloniex;
  • the IP address used in poloniex;

If you will not then please say Why not
metraX

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:33:02 AM

Busoni,

There has been over 100 BTC traded today, great, but when will you make payouts to those that were hacked?

Daily? Weekly?
Or are you going to wait only until 100% fees are recovered?

What is the plan please?
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:28:20 AM

I'll post again,  Busoni will you kindly Release:

• the text of emails exchanged between you and the hacker + email headers;
  • the email address he used on poloniex;
  • the nick name he used in poloniex;
  • the IP address used in poloniex;

If you will not then please say Why not

Busoni,

There has been over 100 BTC traded today, great, but when will you make payouts to those that were hacked?

Daily? Weekly?
Or are you going to wait only until 100% fees are recovered?

What is the plan please?

+1

Transparency is really important here.

also

- You should publish the 2.5% rate on the exchange XCP/BTC pair page and maybe state the reasons (now it's just mentionned in a tweet) Soon you will have noobs unaware of the story running and screaming that you are a greedy thief.

- This has been said before. Ok for 2.5% for the XCP sellers, but what a bout taking 2.5% on the new XCP holders ? Those guys probably don't have any clue of what happened, and the others ave probably made a x10 profit already.Possible to make the fees asymetrical ?

- Publish the BTC and XCP  collected somewhere !!

- 2.5% is waaaay too much (I seem to be alone here) 100BTC daily trade won't last and soon if another exchange adds XCP, you're dead in the water.
Chuck

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:53:36 AM

+1

I agree.

- 2.5% is waaaay too much (I seem to be alone here) 100BTC daily trade won't last and soon if another exchange adds XCP, you're dead in the water.

I think it is fine, today's volume shows it is not an issue. I don't think any exchange will take XCP soon, as it is much different then adding a bitcoin-based altcoin, so I think it's OK to charge a premium for the time being.

The faster the payback of lost coins, the better! (But I am biased, I lost BTC!)

BTC: 1CKytBzLeA1QcFM33qgi9YWPq1ax3XEJ84
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:29:28 AM

+1

I agree.

I think it is fine, today's volume shows it is not an issue. I don't think any exchange will take XCP soon, as it is much different then adding a bitcoin-based altcoin, so I think it's OK to charge a premium for the time being.

The faster the payback of lost coins, the better! (But I am biased, I lost BTC!)

I'm in agreement here. Permit me to summarize the last 30 pages of this thread:
1) Bug in the protocol allows a hacker to steal 80 BTC from an exchange.
2) Community freaks out, insisting that the exchange write off some of that loss.
3) Community continues to freak out over fees which are instated to recover part or all of the loss.

What businessman in his right mind would add XCP to his exchange under those circumstances? You and I are in this because XCP represents a revolution in crypto. Exchanges are in this because trading XCP means making a profit. The current alpha quality of the code, along with the community response (at first being on Busoni's side, then turning against him when he doesn't comment on "taking a haircut" on his loss), makes XCP far too speculative, in its current form, for any rational exchange to accept.

Plus, why? We have the world's first DEX--why not use it?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:01:42 AM

+1

I agree.

2) Community freaks out, insisting that the exchange write off some of that loss.
3) Community continues to freak out over fees which are instated to recover part or all of the loss.

What businessman in his right mind would add XCP to his exchange under those circumstances? You and I are in this because XCP represents a revolution in crypto. Exchanges are in this because trading XCP means making a profit. The current alpha quality of the code, along with the community response (at first being on Busoni's side, then turning against him when he doesn't comment on "taking a haircut" on his loss), makes XCP far too speculative, in its current form, for any rational exchange to accept.

Because most of the kiddies here wanted to see this on an exchange and on coinmarketcap. Their wish has been granted, and now they are complaining like a bunch of french girls. 'I gambled with WEEKS old code, on a WEEKS old exchange, and now my money is gone'. And they seem surprised. Incredible. Just don't play with daddy's toys, man up, take your loss, and we can all move on. Hopefully you will get wiser next time, but this is what you get for being a greedy guinea pig. But thanks for exposing the bug Smiley
supervine

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:25:01 AM

counterpartyd will also now print the final provided/required fees in BTC before asking to confirm the order.
So what we should do now if automated fee will be too low to match with existing order? How can we increase it when needed?
Anyway, I think fighting trolls with so high fees just hurting normal traders what trying to use DEX. Why not implement something like - disable and eliminate the whole order when its order-match times out (or its first 2,3 matches). In that way trolling sales will expire much faster because no btcpay ever used in it.

Best android app for crypto: Crypto Coins Manager
All coins, prices, tendencies, price change alerts, favorite coins, mining profitability &much more
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:33:19 AM

We have the world's first DEX--why not use it?

DEx market is way too small that's why. There's not enough incentive for new comers to run bitcoind and reindex. I guess many ppl on btc-e don't even have their own wallets, they only trade and store all those coins on exchange. Many ppl don't really care what a coin does, or what features it does have, they only care whether it will visit the moon or not (me included actually). By putting XCP on many exchanges, we expand the user base, and some of them may decide to explore XCP functionalities to become the real users, and DEx volume will pick up eventually.
lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:40:19 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 11:54:49 AM by lonsharim

DEx market is way too small that's why. There's not enough incentive for new comers to run bitcoind and reindex. I guess many ppl on btc-e don't even have their own wallets, they only trade and store all those coins on exchange. Many ppl don't really care what a coin does, or what features it does have, they only care whether it will visit the moon or not (me included actually). By putting XCP on many exchanges, we expand the user base, and some of them may decide to explore XCP functionalities to become the real users.

IMO the adoption of DEX will increase dramatically with
1. xnova's web wallet - ETA Live Environment 2-3 weeks - will not require bitcoin reindex or installing py and dependencies or parsing and building counterparty db. That is a huge barrier knocked off for noobs and the less technically inclined people. The web wallet cannot come fast enough for me.
2. DAC to translate XBTC tokens into BTC and vis-versa, costing nothing more than the basic miner's fees.

This will make it not only easy and bypass the trolls but we will also be able to use the protocol's inbuilt escrow services.
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

DEx market is way too small that's why. There's not enough incentive for new comers to run bitcoind and reindex. I guess many ppl on btc-e don't even have their own wallets, they only trade and store all those coins on exchange. Many ppl don't really care what a coin does, or what features it does have, they only care whether it will visit the moon or not (me included actually). By putting XCP on many exchanges, we expand the user base, and some of them may decide to explore XCP functionalities to become the real users.

IMO the adoption of DEX will increase dramatically with
1. xnova's web wallet - ETA Live Environment 2-3 weeks - will not require bitcoin reindex or installing py and dependencies or parsing and building counterparty db. That is a huge barrier knocked off for noobs and the less technically inclined people. The web wallet cannot come fast enough for me.
2. DAC to translate XBTC tokens into BTC and vis-versa, costing nothing more than the basic miner's fees.

This will make it not only easy and bypass the trolls but we will also be able to use the protocol's inbuilt escrow services.

When the web wallet is released, you guys better fasten your seat belts. The price on Poloniex is dirt cheap right now.
DaFockBro

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:25:22 PM

+1

I agree.

As in, the quality of the Counterparty code is dominant.
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: