Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:57:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276307 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:17:57 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 01:33:52 AM by flatfly

sure i strongly assume its ok. When I access the site it is reported that  Mal/HTMLGen-A was found... probably a false positive...

I will double-check it but it's most certainly a false positive.
Thanks for reporting this.

you're welcome.
Any update?
I need to be able to send xcp! People want to buy..
What is the fastest and safest way to get there?!
I am trying this for days now... super annoying.
Nothing against you. Highly appreciate your efforts!!

It appears perfectly clean to me.  Out of all scans made by urlvoid and virustotal, only bitdefender flags the domain (not the binary itself) for some reason. So, definitely sounds like a false positive.  Plus we plan to move the boottleXCP builds to a new, official website a few days from now anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:47:07 AM

sure i strongly assume its ok. When I access the site it is reported that  Mal/HTMLGen-A was found... probably a false positive...

you're welcome.
Any update?

It appears perfectly clean to me.  Out of all scans made by urlvoid and virustotal, only bitdefender flags the domain (not the binary itself) for some reason. So, definitely sounds like a false positive.  Plus we plan to move the boottleXCP builds to a new, official website a few days from now anyway.

Computers these days really are too paranoid. It takes three attempts to run this file. First, Google Chrome tells me it can't be trusted and suggests that I discard it. I click "keep." Next, Windows Smart Screen says it's from an untrusted source. I say "run anyway." Finally, Norton 360 quarantines the file and I have to tell it to "restore" the file. Then, after all that, I can finally run it. It's like the modern nanny state has come to computers!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ginko-B

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:05:14 AM

Poloniex 24-hour trading volume:  100 BTC !!

@ 2.5% trading fee we are recovering 5 BTC per day.

At this rate the losses from the hack should be fully recovered in < 1 month!
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:10:36 AM

you're welcome.
Any update?

Computers these days really are too paranoid. It takes three attempts to run this file. First, Google Chrome tells me it can't be trusted and suggests that I discard it. I click "keep." Next, Windows Smart Screen says it's from an untrusted source. I say "run anyway." Finally, Norton 360 quarantines the file and I have to tell it to "restore" the file. Then, after all that, I can finally run it. It's like the modern nanny state has come to computers!

Wow, didn't expect so many hurdles.  I'll see what I can do to make this smoother in the future.  Out of curiosity, what reason does Norton give?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:13:04 AM

you're welcome.
Any update?

Wow, didn't expect so many hurdles.  I'll see what I can do to make this smoother in the future.  Out of curiosity, what reason does Norton give?

Not your fault. I could turn off that smartscreen crap if I wanted, but since I deal with my BTC/XCP on this computer I have everything turned up to be on the safe side. So maybe I shouldn't complain LOL. Norton says: Very few users, very new as reasons. Well DUH!! lol

Dash - Digital Cash
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:14:54 AM

Poloniex 24-hour trading volume:  100 BTC !!

@ 2.5% trading fee we are recovering 5 BTC per day.

At this rate the losses from the hack should be fully recovered in < 1 month!

That is the power of the self-organized project, right? Wink

I love it.
frozen123

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:16:56 AM

Never mind, I just checked the source--it is now create_send.

Hello,busoni

When the volume is 2300BTC,the fee should be enough to fill the blank. And there should be 57.5 BTC and the equivalent value xcp. How to handle them,please give an  treatment method.Thank you very much.

we need more details.thanks busoni

sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:50:18 AM

WHEN WILL THERE BE A CLIENT FOR THE NORMAL PEOPLE

or shall we crash the XRP market

The installing for receiving the XRP is impossible,

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?counterpartyd_binaries-master?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

As I still have the XRP on an exchange, unable to receive them, I will sell them to dump-price......

There are at least two ways to look at this.

A. Counterparty is not ready for prime time. Everything is too complicated and there are too many technical hurdles for average users to overcome. No GUI, no one-click install, no decent wiki to explain everything for new users, there are still bugs in the code. This is a disaster, and it will never catch on. You guys should have never tried to release this.

B. This is a great idea, and we get to buy in to the business when the construction on the building isn't even finished yet. That means it's quite undervalued, since most people buy what they can see, and not what they can imagine. I have to endure some technical issues, and there is a genuine risk that things may all fall apart before this is ready for prime time, but I am willing to take that chance and deal with the inconveniences because I'm getting in for cheap at the start of something that could be quite revolutionary and lucrative. Not only do I stand to gain significantly as an early adopter, but I am also able to influence the design and trajectory of this project through thoughtful input.
EDIT: And this thread is full of responsive, intelligent people, including the devs, who are willing to help solve whatever problems I encounter.

I choose B. I hope you do, too.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
zhaochong

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:09:37 AM

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?counterpartyd_binaries-master?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

As I still have the XRP on an exchange, unable to receive them, I will sell them to dump-price......

A. Counterparty is not ready for prime time. Everything is too complicated and there are too many technical hurdles for average users to overcome. No GUI, no one-click install, no decent wiki to explain everything for new users, there are still bugs in the code. This is a disaster, and it will never catch on. You guys should have never tried to release this.

B. This is a great idea, and we get to buy in to the business when the construction on the building isn't even finished yet. That means it's quite undervalued, since most people buy what they can see, and not what they can imagine. I have to endure some technical issues, and there is a genuine risk that things may all fall apart before this is ready for prime time, but I am willing to take that chance and deal with the inconveniences because I'm getting in for cheap at the start of something that could be quite revolutionary and lucrative. Not only do I stand to gain significantly as an early adopter, but I am also able to influence the design and trajectory of this project through thoughtful input.
EDIT: And this thread is full of responsive, intelligent people, including the devs, who are willing to help solve whatever problems I encounter.

good point, I choose B too.
PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:12:14 AM

I'm glad to see the first DEX in action, but I'm slightly disappointed by how it is done right now.

Especially the fee-policy seems strange to me. It can't be that a DEX is much more expensive than a centralized one. I see the need for trolling prevention, but what's the point of having a troll-free DEX that is not used because it's too expensive? There is one fundamental problem if users can set the fee required when placing an offer: The market does not necessarily converge to one price. There might be one price for low fees and another for high fees. this makes the whole thing very complicated to use.

And the following DEX features are lacking (or please point me to the docs if I'm not up to date):

• minimum match quantity should be selectable when placing an offer. If I want to sell 100x<asset> I might not want to to have 100 trades of 1x<asset>, especially if the process is not automized
  • multisig escrow solution. Trading XCP/BTC is ok now because both are built on top of the same blockchain and the protocol can act as the escrow. But If I would like to trade PPC for BTC, how would that work trustlessly?

However: keep going on, the bleeding edge of crypto is exciting....

I so +1 this. Please somebody address all these points. All of these points are concerns of mine as well. These are very important imo.

Order matches are automated, unless BTC is involved, and it's difficult to get counterpartyd to handle BTCpays itself, but any good GUI should provide that functionality. (Stay tuned.)

Bitcoin itself provides all of the necessary functionality for multi-signature atomic transactions, except discovery, and Counterparty isn't really very well suited to that either.
ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:19:34 AM

Can anyone give me a quick synopsis on what counterparty is and how I can get it and why I should get this over ethereum?
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:23:53 AM

Kirk Douglas is right. I choose B!!!!!!! With all my heart and soul. I will read this every time I see the price drop below .02 and get mad and talk to

myself saying why u dumb sellers!! why u sell so low?Huh?
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:41:33 AM

+1 That's why I'm here. Anyone have any suggestions of other "B" type opportunities? I'm still waiting for Etherium to do its pre-sale.
520Bit

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:22:23 AM

Can anyone give me a quick synopsis on what counterparty is and how I can get it and why I should get this over ethereum?

Counterparty Wiki: https://counterparty.co/wiki/counterparty-project-principles/

You can buy XCP here: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_xcp

W2014

Activity: 205

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:25:45 AM

Can anyone answer a question re. how to configure bitcoind for use by counterpartyd using Ubuntu terminal?

If you already have bitcoind installed, what steps must you take to reconfigure/reindex the blockchain?

Is this the code? What are the steps? Thank you in advance!

mkdir -p ~/.bitcoin/
echo -e "rpcuser=rpc\nrpcpassword=rpcpw1234\nserver=1\ndaemon=1\ntxindex=1" > ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf

VIAZ   ►   First Major Decentralized Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform on Tezos   ◄
WEBSITE | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | WHITEPAPER | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM
520Bit

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:58:41 AM

Counterparty Team,

I found your donation address is invalid here(https://counterparty.co/bug-bounty-program/):

DONATION ADDRESS: 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL

THE LETTERS ARE ALL UPPERCASE WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE.

My bitcoin address: 152oBitoBwHwxR5UpUQnsvWSFjYHkheDJk        Grin

Also sent email to: bounties@counterparty.co
led_lcd

Activity: 262

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:02:08 AM

Can anyone answer a question re. how to configure bitcoind for use by counterpartyd using Ubuntu terminal?

If you already have bitcoind installed, what steps must you take to reconfigure/reindex the blockchain?

Is this the code? What are the steps? Thank you in advance!

mkdir -p ~/.bitcoin/
echo -e "rpcuser=rpc\nrpcpassword=rpcpw1234\nserver=1\ndaemon=1\ntxindex=1" > ~/.bitcoin/bitcoin.conf

Yes, those are the steps I followed plus:

Code:
bitcoind -reindex
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 05:02:13 AM

like with pokemon you should get them all  Grin
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:03:09 AM

Counterparty Team,

I found your donation address is invalid here(https://counterparty.co/bug-bounty-program/):

LOL oops

Dash - Digital Cash
520Bit

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:20:25 AM

Counterparty Team,

LOL oops

That's just a vanity address we generated with our quantum computer. Wink

(But even quantum computers probably can't do that.)

My concern is that if donors send BTC to 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL, it will be burned, because nobody know the private key of 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL. Moreover, you can't find any information at blockchain.info of 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL. All the donations to 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL will be burned without benefit back.

In fact, 14TF35AOVVRVURZD623Q5I9KRY2EW8WZYL is not a valid address, it does not comply the rule of bitcoins address, right?
Pages: « 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: