Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 06:31:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 660 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276353 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:36:34 AM

XCP's market cap has now exceeded Mastercoin's!

P.S. Bear in mind, that the current valuation is WITHOUT a popular desktop GUI (bounty still being decided I think) and web wallet.

P.P.S. How long do you think it'll be before the media perk up and notice a new Top 10 (or even Top 5?) coin?

Please let it be after the new site is up.

Yea, things are moving way too fast. I wouldn't mind for value to stabilize at 0.01 or even below until the whole metric ton of work in progress things comes out:

- New site
- New design
- Web wallet
- GUI wallets for Mac and Win
- News articles
- A whole bunch of guides and FAQs
- (and the most important thing) real people issuing worthwhile assets and feeds for their projects

Is there an ETA for any of these projects?

If Matt Y had the time to update us on each item, that would be amazing. If you are all busy making the magic happen, please ignore the request and keep up the great work Smiley

Sorry for the late reply and for initially missing the request. I'll try to make sure it does not happen again.

New site - I have personally paid two designers for a redesign, neither of which is acceptable. I am in the process of contracting out a third and hope for better results. Since this is taking longer than I originally anticipated, I have brought in a friend to fix some of the issues with the current site. If you go to the homepage of Counterparty.co and refresh it, you will see some of the first changes. rotalumis, a member of the Counterparty community, and professional copywriter, has been helping out quite a bit. His expertise has been hugely beneficial and I would recommend his services to anyone.

New design - Falls under "new site" and should not have been listed twice. Sad

Web wallet - xnova is on schedule. Counterwallet will available on test net soon, and live a few weeks after that. The release of Counterwallet will allow non technical users like myself to use XCP. It can also store bitcoins. When we look back on Counterparty a year from now, it's likely that a relatively small portion of the community remembers the days before Counterwallet. Smiley

GUI- There was recently a GUI bounty and two qualifying entries were submitted. There are also two wonderful tutorials for setting up Counterparty by hand.

GUI bounty thread: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,8.0.html
Install Counterparty by hand (Windows), by 520bit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451908.0
Counterparty setup for dummies (Windows), by halfcab123: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5336491#msg5336491

News articles - Counterparty.co will be rolling out a blog to help keep the community updated. Look for it sometime this week. We also have our Twitter issues solved and will be doing some social media as well. Tweets, blogs, and other communications will be primarily informational in nature. The first blog post will outline thoughts regarding the recent incident and, more importantly, what the general plan is moving forward.

Guides and FAQs - City has been working diligently on wiki entries and the community has created more comprehensive guides that I could ever hope to. Once the web wallet comes out, it will simplify the process and allow new guides to be created.

Feeds and ease of use - Working on it. No update at this time.

---------

This thread continues to see increases in activity. When I first arrived it was easy to keep up, now a couple pages in new posts can be added in a single day. Much of that discussion is technical or strategic in nature. I can keep up with that level of posts and most topics of discussion. However, this thread was originally created to address the questions of people who are not already deeply involved with Counterparty, and I think that's the best use for it. By moving both the technical and strategic discussions to Counterparty.co, the signal to noise ratio on Bitcointalk will be more favorable for potential new users. They will have an easier time finding the answers they seek, which will ultimately lead to a higher rate of adoption. If you have not already created an account on Counterparty.co, I urge you to do so. Developers will be paying closer attention to those forums for technical and strategic questions and discussions in order to encourage the migration. Link: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php

If anyone ever wants to discuss anything, please PM me on the Counterparty forums. Same username.

busoni

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:37:09 AM

Just wanted to let people know that I just distributed about 5 BTC that was collected from fees. Someone asked about the 12 BTC the developers gave--that was put toward the XCP debt.

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:38:02 AM

Ok but so what is the end result ?

I guess a BTC crash on near-term, and stabilization on a long term.

+1 $100 is the price I assume.

Highly doubt it. Failure of Gox was already mostly priced in. (It's not like this is coming as a surprise!)

I agree. People are overreacting. It's another stampede at the ostrich farm. Mt Gox has been clearly insolvent for over half a year, when they started delaying withdrawals.
halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:42:34 AM

Highly doubt it. Failure of Gox was already mostly priced in. (It's not like this is coming as a surprise!)

I agree. People are overreacting. It's another stampede at the ostrich farm. Mt Gox has been clearly insolvent for over half a year, when they started delaying withdrawals

I'm glad to hear I'm overreacting, in all honesty.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
halfcab123

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:43:30 AM

bitcointalk

First time usinga keyboard or something? Totally kidding. But that was odd.

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:47:27 AM

Wow:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485542.0

Anyone knows how well hedging works in XCP? Smiley

I often think of how much use Counterparty would have gotten through this whole Gox fiasco if it happened a little bit later. Counterparty would have solved the problems of so many people. Oh well, hopefully there is no next time, but if there is, Counterparty sure will come in handy.

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:00:53 AM

I agree. People are overreacting. It's another stampede at the ostrich farm. Mt Gox has been clearly insolvent for over half a year, when they started delaying withdrawals

I'm glad to hear I'm overreacting, in all honesty.

I'm freaking out a little too, on the inside. Intellectually I know it will all be fine, but it's hard not to fret a bit!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
lonsharim

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:31:56 AM

I'm freaking out a little too, on the inside. Intellectually I know it will all be fine, but it's hard not to fret a bit!

It might takes months to recover but there is always a silver lining. This will without doubt allow new players to come in, allow new users to buy bitcoins at very attractive valuations. It will allow our counterparty community to steam ahead with its fantastic work without getting distracted by the surrounding price and hype. And finally it will trigger a stronger move towards regulated crypto markets notwithstanding libertarian outcry.

Moral of the story: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
frozen123

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:43:08 AM

Sorry for the late reply and for initially missing the request. I'll try to make sure it does not happen again.

New site - I have personally paid two designers for a redesign, neither of which is acceptable. I am in the process of contracting out a third and hope for better results. Since this is taking longer than I originally anticipated, I have brought in a friend to fix some of the issues with the current site. If you go to the homepage of Counterparty.co and refresh it, you will see some of the first changes. rotalumis, a member of the Counterparty community, and professional copywriter, has been helping out quite a bit. His expertise has been hugely beneficial and I would recommend his services to anyone.

Web wallet - xnova is on schedule. Counterwallet will available on test net soon, and live a few weeks after that. The release of Counterwallet will allow non technical users like myself to use XCP. It can also store bitcoins. When we look back on Counterparty a year from now, it's likely that a relatively small portion of the community remembers the days before Counterwallet. Smiley

GUI- There was recently a GUI bounty and two qualifying entries were submitted. There are also two wonderful tutorials for setting up Counterparty by hand.

Install Counterparty by hand (Windows), by 520bit: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=451908.0
Counterparty setup for dummies (Windows), by halfcab123: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395761.msg5336491#msg5336491

News articles - Counterparty.co will be rolling out a blog to help keep the community updated. Look for it sometime this week. We also have our Twitter issues solved and will be doing some social media as well. Tweets, blogs, and other communications will be primarily informational in nature. The first blog post will outline thoughts regarding the recent incident and, more importantly, what the general plan is moving forward.

Guides and FAQs - City has been working diligently on wiki entries and the community has created more comprehensive guides that I could ever hope to. Once the web wallet comes out, it will simplify the process and allow new guides to be created.

---------

This thread continues to see increases in activity. When I first arrived it was easy to keep up, now a couple pages in new posts can be added in a single day. Much of that discussion is technical or strategic in nature. I can keep up with that level of posts and most topics of discussion. However, this thread was originally created to address the questions of people who are not already deeply involved with Counterparty, and I think that's the best use for it. By moving both the technical and strategic discussions to Counterparty.co, the signal to noise ratio on Bitcointalk will be more favorable for potential new users. They will have an easier time finding the answers they seek, which will ultimately lead to a higher rate of adoption. If you have not already created an account on Counterparty.co, I urge you to do so. Developers will be paying closer attention to those forums for technical and strategic questions and discussions in order to encourage the migration. Link: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php

If anyone ever wants to discuss anything, please PM me on the Counterparty forums. Same username.

thanks for update Matt Y   I already made a Chinese version for Chinese user  and i will keep translating the Counterparty team information.   Chinese twitter(weibo)link: http://www.weibo.com/frozenbtc/profile?rightmod=1&wvr=5&mod=personnumber

520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:55:04 AM

---------

thanks for update Matt Y   I already made a Chinese version for Chinese user  and i will keep translating the Counterparty team information.   Chinese twitter(weibo)link: http://www.weibo.com/frozenbtc/profile?rightmod=1&wvr=5&mod=personnumber

You can also cross post here of your translation: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/board,7.0.html
PurpleTentacle

Activity: 384

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:45:23 AM

I'll post again,  Busoni will you kindly Release:

• the text of emails exchanged between you and the hacker + email headers;
  • the email address he used on poloniex;
  • the nick name he used in poloniex;
  • the IP address used in poloniex;

If you will not then please say Why not

IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:06:01 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 03:19:48 PM by IamNotSure

deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:24:30 AM

XCP is being sold so hilariously low right now. I wonder what the sellers will be thinking in a few months.

Ether-rum and Masterbatercoin are overstepping their bounds trying to dazzle people with theatrics, but the fact is that Counterparty represents a massive paradigm shift on its own.

XCP is the only system that isn't an overblown, overhyped Bitcoin clone with unnecessarily fancy proof of work algorithms. It has serious utility. For example take a look at "Neo & Bee" in Cyprus. These people are selling shares for Bitcoins. Once the GUI client and graphical tutorial are finished, we need to start contacting people like that.

To be honest, I would only sell at 0.009 if I were having a high intensity war PTSD or something. Or Bitcoin suddenly went insane in price, but that would arguably be reflected in XCP once it has a strong enough presense. But anyway, this is really a good time to recollect all the information about the project. Familiarize yourself with the concept until you can explain it with relative fluency and we can grow the community.

UncleBobs

Activity: 103

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:11:39 PM

Is anyone else having problems logging in to Poloniex?  I'm getting a blank teal blue page after signing in on the login popup.  Busoni?

Disobey the Thought Police.  Resist Totalitarian Humanism.
http://attackthesystem.com/?s=totalitarian+humanism
halfcab123

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:22:23 PM

Source code of mt. Gox blank home page hints at possible acquistion

Cal_42

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:28:19 PM

Is anyone else having problems logging in to Poloniex?  I'm getting a blank teal blue page after signing in on the login popup.  Busoni?

Same here, I've opened a support ticket.
UncleBobs

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

Thanks for confirming.  Tense times Wink

UncleBobs

It From Bit

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:41:04 PM

+1

+2

Can you guys even log in to Poloniex right now? 

Cal_42

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:41:31 PM

I had to wait hours for my last withdrawal when markets froze. I hope this is just another delay as all my btc earned from mining is on there.
halfcab123

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:41:56 PM

I can't login to poloniex.com, no.

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 660 »
  Print  

Jump to: