Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276322 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bellebite2014

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:34:29 AM

poloniex = mtgox 2.0

Even acknowledging that this is 100% his fault, he is just holding hostage ALL BTC accounts, this is crazy.

Well, the guinea pigs wanted to be on an half-ass exchange and be in a pool with 4532 shitcoins, here you go.
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:37:26 AM

Can the devs please build 6.3 for windows??!??!

I've installed python and I'm trying to install all the other dependencies but I just get the error "Python 3.3 needs to be installed, not found in registry" or "Python 3.2 needs to be installed, not found in registry".

I installed fucking python 3.2, 3.3, and 3.3.4. None of this helps.

Come the hell on

lonsharim

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:45:20 AM

Poloniex was hacked again
Is that why the market is frozen, do you have any official confirmation.
I don't see any suspicious transactions on the exchange address. Can anyone confirm.
http://blockscan.com/address.aspx?q=15vA2MJ4ESG3Rt1PVQ79D1LFMBBNtcSz1f&p=1
At this point it only seems like a rumor.

It's certainly a hack although unrelated to XCP. The hack was done exploiting a weakness in BTC withdrawal implemented by Poloniex. I don't know the extent of the loss but it has been reported that it is 12% of all Poloniex had. Busoni has done two things
1. Reduced everyone's balance by 12% because he does not have the funds to cover the theft.
2. Raised trading fees to 1.5%

This will result in the volumes running away from Poloniex to other exchanges. Why would you want to pay 1.5% when you could pay 8 times less elsewhere?
Unfortunately this means that XCP trades will slowdown as its the one and only exchange.

I know this sentiment has been raised a number of times before, but the counterwallet cannot come sooner along with XCP backed DEx trades.

Bellebite2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

I've installed python and I'm trying to install all the other dependencies but I just get the error "Python 3.3 needs to be installed, not found in registry" or "Python 3.2 needs to be installed, not found in registry".

Come the hell on

This is alpha code with commits coming in every single day. Get some skills to make your own build, or just keep it quiet.
Beggars can't be choosers. And devs have way better things to do, than accommodating clown's request, thanks.

If this is too difficult for you or not going fast enough, please feel free to sell all that you have on poloniex right now and never come back. Go cry and complain like a french girl somewhere else, thanks.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:12:55 AM

poloniex = mtgox 2.0

My ribs are hurting
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:29:37 AM

Come the hell on

This is alpha code with commits coming in every single day. Get some skills to make your own build, or just keep it quiet.
Beggars can't be choosers. And devs have way better things to do, than accommodating clown's request, thanks.

If this is too difficult for you or not going fast enough, please feel free to sell all that you have on poloniex right now and never come back. Go cry and complain like a french girl somewhere else, thanks.

It thought it may be useful for you to get this short video converted into an animated gif, to mock people you feel are complaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efmy95bxQm8
deliciousowl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:38:52 AM

Acting like an elitist snob and making innovation inaccessible to end users will not get you far. It will end up in a nerd circlejerk that is constantly confused why 'all the clowns and plebs' do not adopt their 'amazing new innovation'.

I'm not surprised you're so focused on crying French girls, because if I dated you, I would be crying too.

Bellebite2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:46:33 AM

Come the hell on

It thought it may be useful for you to get this short video converted into an animated gif, to mock people you feel are complaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efmy95bxQm8

Nice one, but I have better things to do. I will make sure to use the link from now though.

Here are a few categories of female french greedy guinea pigs :
-We want to be on 432 shitty exchanges, in the middle of 4562 shitcoins
-Price didn't X1000 already, WTF
-Where is the webwallet?
-I am too retarded to use the current version, can the devs come to my place and make it work?
-Weeks old code on a weeks old exchange getting hacked once / month has been...hacked. Where is my money?
-Where is the GUI?
-How do you burn BTC to get XCP? (this is always a good one, especially in March)
-My 2 brain cells managed to install the client, can anyone send me 1000 XCP to test it?
Bellebite2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:55:50 AM

Acting like an elitist snob and making innovation inaccessible to end users will not get you far. It will end up in a nerd circlejerk that is constantly confused why 'all the clowns and plebs' do not adopt their 'amazing new innovation'.

I'm not surprised you're so focused on crying French girls, because if I dated you, I would be crying too.

I am not an elitist. This is just common sense. You can't make love to 9 women and expect to have a baby in 1 month.
It takes time to make things, and the devs are already working around the clock to make miracles and really cool things happen.

And also, just an FYI, if you were dating me, you would be crying, and also walking funny.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:05:35 PM

This is a place to help others. Helping others is helping ourselves.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:08:15 PM

Come the hell on
Why not install a Linux VM? It's a good idea to improve security anyway. you can also wait for the web client.
deliciousowl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:33:28 PM

Why not install a Linux VM? It's a good idea to improve security anyway. you can also wait for the web client.

Why does the majority of people in the world use Mac or Windows? Why don't they just compile their own operating systems and software?

I have linux on my other pc and it's working fine, it's just that stuff like this discourages a lot of people. I think updating the instructions or build is trivial, but to 90% of the people its the difference between adoption and giving up. In the past week, I've met at least 5 people interested in XCP. They wanted to invest their BTC. But the process was too difficult, and the instructions were wrong. You click through link and link, download python and dependencies, before realizing that it doesn't work.

Most of them gave up entirely, and a small fraction took their business to a centralized exchange and are risking their money. You have to consider that 90% of people don't even know how to get to the instructions from the front page (counterparty.co). Then they come here and most likely get the reaction that "QQ noob, u l0s3 headsh0t" and they move their finances to a different game in town.

Now if you own any XCP whatsoever, and condone this, then you are basically creating negative marketing. People will not be magically drawn to XCP simply because the protocol is amazing and revolutionary. People are fundamentally affected by ideology and presentation. Steve Jobs didn't become a billionaire by making his products impossible to use.

Just look at Dogecoin. It has no innovation, but its appeal to human stupidity created much more publicity than XCP can ever achieve with this attitude.

IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:59:06 PM

Why does the majority of people in the world use Mac or Windows? Why don't they just compile their own operating systems and software?

I have linux on my other pc and it's working fine, it's just that stuff like this discourages a lot of people. I think updating the instructions or build is trivial, but to 90% of the people its the difference between adoption and giving up. In the past week, I've met at least 5 people interested in XCP. They wanted to invest their BTC. But the process was too difficult, and the instructions were wrong. You click through link and link, download python and dependencies, before realizing that it doesn't work.

Most of them gave up entirely, and a small fraction took their business to a centralized exchange and are risking their money. You have to consider that 90% of people don't even know how to get to the instructions from the front page (counterparty.co). Then they come here and most likely get the reaction that "QQ noob, u l0s3 headsh0t" and they move their finances to a different game in town.

Now if you own any XCP whatsoever, and condone this, then you are basically creating negative marketing. People will not be magically drawn to XCP simply because the protocol is amazing and revolutionary. People are fundamentally affected by ideology and presentation. Steve Jobs didn't become a billionaire by making his products impossible to use.

Just look at Dogecoin. It has no innovation, but its appeal to human stupidity created much more publicity than XCP can ever achieve with this attitude.

Mmmh, just be patient then.

Personally, I'm not especially tech saavy, I don't often run linux (and I haven't in this case) but I was perfectly able to run burn BTC, run counterpartyd, use all the basic functions of it (and appreciate the novelty of this new protocol)

The only thing that takes time is the reindexing of the blockchain (but it can be done faster with the downlaod of a  bootstrap.dat via torrent) and the parsing of the counterparty database that takes between 3h and 4h. After that you're good to go, and you can already use BootleXCP which is the GUI developed by JahPowerbit.

Lightwallet is in the works.

You have to understand that it's sometimes boring (to say the least) to have child-like whiners (or french girls  Grin) coming here and asking why the coin hasn't done 3000% yet when at the same time, the devs are working on their own funds to provide the rest of us a working protocol (the first working ever of that type) yet in alpha stage.

Did Satoshi provided on day 1 a light wallet, a web wallet and 1000% profit for free? No. Not even after a year.

If you feel that your questions are too 'noobish' just ask at the right place : Newbie thread ->  https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,51.0.html
Bellebite2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:43:54 PM

This is a place to help others. Helping others is helping ourselves.

I didn't see a red cross or salvation army sign on the front page of this thread.

Also, you should never help a clown, they will just drag you down to their level. You never played Starcraft 2?

And I will just quote Cartman : *Damn hippie!*. Please send all your XCP and BTC to Ethiopia, since you are here to help others apparently.
Once this is done, please come back and you can go on with saving the whales and baby deers.
Bellebite2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:12:50 PM

True... A real 2.0, since they managed to add LTC, which is something Karpeles couldn't achieve.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

True... A real 2.0, since they managed to add LTC, which is something Karpeles couldn't achieve.

The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
deliciousowl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:40:07 PM

Did Satoshi provided on day 1 a light wallet, a web wallet and 1000% profit for free? No. Not even after a year.

No, but he provided a whitepaper.
I don't see a XCP whitepaper anywhere. You are thinking in way too complicated terms. Not light wallet, web wallet, or anything like that. All people need is a simple explanation. People can act as smart and arrogant as they want, but it won't make the general majority learn anything.

And trust me I would take 1000 clueless noobs over basement dwellers who fancy themselves as the protagonist of Good Will Hunting throwing racial epiphets around.

Text is much easier to write than code, and yet the only real information is buried here on a forum called Bitcointalk. I've even offered to put up my own money to pay people to create an infographic or animated explanation video, if only someone could write a really simple explanation.

Bellebite2014

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:58:37 PM

I don't see a XCP whitepaper anywhere. You are thinking in way too complicated terms. Not light wallet, web wallet, or anything like that. All people need is a simple explanation. People can act as smart and arrogant as they want, but it won't make the general majority learn anything.

And trust me I would take 1000 clueless noobs over basement dwellers who fancy themselves as the protagonist of Good Will Hunting throwing racial epiphets around.

Text is much easier to write than code, and yet the only real information is buried here on a forum called Bitcointalk. I've even offered to put up my own money to pay people to create an infographic or animated explanation video, if only someone could write a really simple explanation.

https://www.counterparty.co/about/

Jesus ...
deliciousowl

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:03:24 PM

Meets exactly 0 of the criteria, but thanks for playing.

cityglut

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:03:53 PM

Phantom is working on the spec. right now,  and I have posted a wiki on assets (which includes information on issuing assets, trading on the DEX, paying dividends, etc.): https://wiki.counterparty.co/w/Assets.

The wiki on broadcasts and bets is undergoing another revision right now and will be up shortly. Between these two wikis, Counterparty's basic functionality ought to be covered.

The wikis have had to undergo several revisions in order to become more user-friendly, and any criticisms/suggestions are greatly appreciated, and, for the assets wiki, can be posted here: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,142.0.html.

EDIT: Note that the section on trades involving BTC is quite short right now because we are currently considering whether and how to revise it. For those who are interested in the discussion, please see the thread on the official forums: https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,132.0.html.
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: